on patrol | vol. i ✓

Bởi PIPERDIMPLE

‹ completed | edited › ↳ officer jeon has his eyes on mr. adorable. officer min has a strange neighbor he c... Xem Thêm

CHAPTER ONE.
CHAPTER TWO.
CHAPTER THREE.
CHAPTER FOUR.
CHAPTER FIVE.
CHAPTER SIX.
CHAPTER SEVEN.
CHAPTER EIGHT.
CHAPTER NINE.
CHAPTER TEN.
CHAPTER ELEVEN.
CHAPTER TWELVE.
CHAPTER THIRTEEN.
CHAPTER FOURTEEN.
CHAPTER FIFTEEN.
CHAPTER SIXTEEN.
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.
CHAPTER NINETEEN.
CHAPTER TWENTY.
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE.
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO.
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE.
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR.
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE.
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX.
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN.
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE.
CHAPTER THIRTY.
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE.
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO.
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE.
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR.
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE.
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX.
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN.
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT.
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE.
CHAPTER FORTY.
CHAPTER FORTY ONE.
CHAPTER FORTY TWO.
CHAPTER FORTY THREE.
CHAPTER FORTY FOUR.
CHAPTER FORTY FIVE.
CHAPTER FORTY SIX.
CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN.
CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT.
CHAPTER FORTY NINE.
CHAPTER FIFTY.
CHAPTER FIFTY ONE.
CHAPTER FIFTY TWO.
CHAPTER FIFTY THREE.
CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR.
CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE.
CHAPTER FIFTY SIX.
CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN.
CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT.
CHAPTER FIFTY NINE.
CHAPTER SIXTY.
CHAPTER SIXTY ONE.
CHAPTER SIXTY TWO.
CHAPTER SIXTY THREE.
CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR.
CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE.
CHAPTER SIXTY SIX.
CHAPTER SIXTY SEVEN.
CHAPTER SIXTY EIGHT.
CHAPTER SIXTY NINE.
CHAPTER SEVENTY.
CHAPTER SEVENTY ONE.
CHAPTER SEVENTY TWO.
CHAPTER SEVENTY THREE.
CHAPTER SEVENTY FOUR.
CHAPTER SEVENTY FIVE.
CHAPTER SEVENTY SIX.
CHAPTER SEVENTY SEVEN.
CHAPTER SEVENTY EIGHT.
CHAPTER SEVENTY NINE.
CHAPTER EIGHTY.

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT.

1.7K 134 16
Bởi PIPERDIMPLE

"Just....please leave."

Yoongi walks out, because he's so done with this shit. He doesn't have time for this shit. One moment, Hoseok is all help me with this, help me with that, save my life and here let me give you a fucking cactus, and then all of a sudden, it's get out of my life. Who even does that?

Yoongi shouldn't be bothered by it. If Hoseok wants to be an ass about it, then so be it. That's how things are in the real world, and he shouldn't be wasting his problem understanding all their problems.

So why is it that he's so bothered by the sudden shift in tone? The way Hoseok looked so sad and pitiful standing in front of his door? The way Hoseok seemed to helpless on the floor with his groceries scattered around everywhere? Not to mention that with that man's brilliant track record, he's going to get himself into some kind of life-threatening situation, and God, he doesn't want that on his conscience. That's it. That's it right?

If there's one thing Yoongi hates more than annoying criminals who won't stop talking bullshit, it's abandoning responsibilities. He's a police officer. His job is to keep everyone safe, including Jung Ungrateful Hoseok. So he turns on his heels and goes straight back to Hoseok's apartment. He bangs on the door forcefully. Neighbors can complain about the noise all they want. None of it matters as long as it's going to get Hoseok to-

"Are you insane?" Hoseok hisses out as he swings the door open. Yoongi scowls right back at the man.

"Oh, I'm insane? Why don't we talk about you first?"

"Why do you care so much anyway?"

"Because your safety is my responsibility as a police officer," Yoongi states matter-of-factly as if daring the other man to come up with an argument against the logic. Hoseok stares at him long and hard, his expression contemplative.

"You're-Ugh, just come in. I can't do this in the hallway," Hoseok says with a defeated sigh and lets the other man come back into his apartment. Yoongi marches in and stands in the middle of the living room with his arms crossed in front of chest.

"Explain."

"Explain what?"

"I think you know."

"..."

"I'm certain I didn't do anything wrong, cause I was busy getting my head bashed in miles away from here. So what's the deal?"

"Nothing!"

"Bull.Shit."

"It's nothing!" Hoseok tries again, taking a step back and wincing at the pain in his ankle. How did he even manage to sprain it so badly?

"Bull-fucking-shit. Just say it."

"Because I don't want to hurt you!"

There is a moment of silence as Yoongi and Hoseok just stare at each other. Hoseok suddenly looks horrified that the words just came out of his mouth, as Yoongi watches the change with a raised eyebrow.

"And how were you hurting me?"

"That! Your head!" Hoseok yells out, pointing at the other man's bandage. The cat's out of the bag, right? There's no backtracking at this point, so Hoseok decides to let it all out. Maybe it will be enough to scare the man away and save him having to run away from him all the time.

Yoongi makes a face at the man in front of him. What the hell?

"You're the one that hit me on the head? You were at the fucking protest?" Yoongi growls, taking a step forward. He didn't get to identify everyone's faces at the protest, but if Hoseok is indeed the one to club him in the head, he's definitely dragging the man back to the station.

"What? No! Of course not!"

"Then what, did you telepathically order someone to do it?" Yoongi asks sarcastically, finally realizing what the other man is on about. It's the stupid curse again, and he can't believe he's about to persuade his neighbor against this hocus pocus bullshit.

"Are you serious?"

"Then what is it? How did you do this?" Yoongi demands, pointing at his forehead.

"I already told you! This stupid curse! You spend time with me and look what happened!"

There is a solid minute of silence as Yoongi stands there without a change of expression. Hoseok gnaws at his lower lip nervously, slumping onto the couch because his ankle is killing him. Yoongi is going to never want to see his face again, and well that's for the better anyway, right? This time, Yoongi got lucky, but what if he's not so unfortunate the second time around?

"Let me get this straight," Yoongi begins, holding a finger up. "You think this magical curse has somehow hurt me?"

"Yes! Why else!"

"OK, then how do you explain this?" Yoongi asks and rolls up the left sleeve of his tee. Just below his shoulder is a long scar perhaps a good five inches long.

"What...what is that?"

"Knife. Two years ago. During my patrol," Yoongi explains and then raises his right hand. "Broken wrist. Five years ago. Skiing accident." He then raises his right foot up a few inches off the floor. "Broken fourth toe. High school. Basketball practice."

"...."

"So what. Now you're going to tell me that you're responsible for all of these too?"

"I-"

"Get over yourself, Jung Hoseok. Sure you might be born into bad luck, but that doesn't mean everyone else lives without getting into some shit too," Yoongi continues, his expression stoic and his voice eerie calm.

"But-"

"I'm a cop. Cops get hurt."

"But-" Hoseok tries again but is effectively shut down again by the officer.

"So calm down and let me look at your ankle."

"...My ankle?"

"Yeah, you can't even stand on it. And we police officers know basic first aid kind of shit," Yoongi answers gruffly, motioning for Hoseok's ankle.

"Oh I'm fine."

"Will you please stop with the I'm fine bullshit. You didn't have any problem expressing your issues since the day we met so don't bother starting now."

"I-"

"Stop talking and sit still," Yoongi commands a bit more forcefully, effectively shutting the other man up. He kneels in front of his neighbor and gently lifts his leg up. He presses around the ankle, gauging for a response. He nods slowly when Hoseok jerks at a particular area.

"It's going to be sore for a few hours," Yoongi informs after a brief moment of scrutiny. "The best thing to do is to just leave it and not put any weight on it." Just as he's finished speaking, Hoseok's stomach lets out a might roar that has even Yoongi reeling back in surprise.

"I'm guessing you're hungry," Yoongi mutters under his breath as he gets up off the floor.

"Yeah uh...I should eat," Hoseok mumbles, making a motion to get off the couch, but Yoongi pushes him back down with a quick tap on his shoulder.

"You're going to cook with that ankle?" Yoongi scoffs with a not-so-elegant snort as he makes his way towards the other man's kitchen. He wordlessly pulls out all the items out of the paper bag still lying on the counter.

"What are you doing?" Hoseok asks from the couch, his eyes wide. The officer doesn't say anything as he begins washing his hands.

"Where's your rice?" Yoongi asks instead, glancing around the small kitchen.

"What are you doing?" The other man asks again, a bit louder this time. The cop rolls his eyes before opening cabinets at random and eventually pulling out a bag of rice. He opens the rice cooker and quickly washes some of the grain before starting up the machine as if it's his. Yoongi works quickly and swiftly, chopping up vegetables like a pro chef, and soon, only the sound of knife hitting the chopping board rings through the cozy apartment.

It's not that Hoseok knows his neighbor all that well, but the amount of time he had spent with the aloof officer was enough to tell him that Min Yoongi is probably not the cook-for-your-neighbor type. But then again...he's talking about the same man who saved him a number of times and even helped him pick his groceries off the floor. It's the same man who let him use his kitchen so graciously. Oh and the shower. Damn, come to think of it, Yoongi is a lot more giving than he seems.

"Are you cooking?" Hoseok questions dumbly, blinking owlishly at the scene unfolding before him.

"No, I'm cooking up meth, what do you think?"

Hoseok shoots the other man a scathing look that Yoongi doesn't even acknowledge. So he just sits and watches, reveling in this surreal experience of witnessing his stoic officer neighbor cooking in his kitchen. Yoongi's brows are slightly furrowed in concentration, his pale white fingers hovering over the appliances and ingredients with ease. A few minutes later, promising smell of food wafts through the living room, which has Hoseok's stomach growling even louder.

Hoseok continues to watch as Yoongi looks through the cabinets for plates. Swiftly, the food is prepare and set on the table for two. Yoongi gives Hoseok a look that loosely translates to "Why are you not sitting here already?", which has Hoseok grunting as he limps towards dinner. They sit across from each other, and Hoseok can't believe how perfect everything looks. He had sort of expected french fries and grilled sausages, but...there's legit Korean homecooking, and Hoseok has no idea how the other man even managed it.

"This is..incredible."

"It's food."

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

13.2K 667 33
✔️ "ꜰᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀ, ᴀᴅᴇʟɪɴᴇ. ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ, ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʀᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ." ◇ ᴀʟʟ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇɪ...
115K 5.9K 75
[completed] When Jeon Jungkook, a college student moves into an apartment, he isn't expecting to run into Kim Taehyung, a famous model, who owns the...
18.3K 1K 60
(ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇᴅ) . . . It was not intentional ,it just happened. two opposite people found their peace in each other where one male is so oblivious think...
11.7K 813 64
𝗔𝗻 𝗢𝗧𝟳 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗸 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲? The Bangtan Boys work for one of the biggest mafia companies in the world...