Green Lantern's Protégée

By TheSpiffyWriter

Hal Jordan, one of the Green Lanterns and member of the Justice League, was chosen long ago by a cosmic ring... More

Foreword
1: "Thank god he left that stupid hat."
2: "We're the luckiest idiots in the whole galaxy!"
3: "Because you're not a Green Lantern."
4: "There is no such thing as too many s'mores."
5: "Cult? Like, Shark Bait oh-ah-ha?"
6: "That's male genitals in a sweatshirt."
7: "Pretend I was violently assaulted by a rabid squirrel."
8: "Unless by hot-headed you mean I'm hot, then yeah I am!"
9: "Oh, I didn't tell you? I'm a Green Lantern."
10: "Toto, I don't think we're in Nevada anymore!"
11: "I swear, I will kick you out of space one day!"
12: "What happened to your ear?"
13: "I'll make sure to invite you to my birthday party!"
14: "So Shere Khan and Dumbo walked into a bar."
15: "You got me. It is I-Batman."
16: "How 'bout Count Verti-no!"
17: "If Cyra was there, then you would probably be doing something destructive."
18: "Bow to your new queen!"
19: "I knew I shouldn't have shown up today."
20: "Trust me, I'm as mentally stable as you can get."
21: "NINETY-EIGHT BOTTLES OF MILK ON THE WALL!"
22: "What's wrong with saying 'dude'?"
23: "Mood."
24: "Did anyone bring the catnip?"
25: "Good thing I wasn't probed."
26: "Looks like capitalist greed is universal."
27: "Did I just make Wally West speechless?"
28: "There's a less chance of the house being destroyed when Cyra's not in it."
29: "Cyra is like a raccoon."
30: "Walt Disney is haunting me."
31: "I'm not hungry. My stomach is full of deceit."
32: "Are you here about the five dollar large pizzas?"
33: "Aww, teenagers' quarrel."
34: "Superboy would treat me better than this."
35: "What? No 'welcome home, dad'?"
37: "Why didn't you hit me first? I feel insulted."
38: "Where's my goodnight kiss?"
39: "My mom always said that I'd end up at the circus."
40: "Clowns always deserve to get punched."
41: "The Big Bang I"
42: "The Big Bang Part II"
43: "I am the mole."
44: "Well, Team, we got some heroes to beat up."
"In the brightest day, in the blackest night."
Final Note
Q and A
Release Date and Title Reveal
SPECIAL: Charlie's Story
RELEASED!

36: "What type of knight would I be if I puked on my princess?"

3.2K 155 315
By TheSpiffyWriter

Mount Justice

December 1, 10:01 EDT

Cyra yelped as a hot spark flew off from the inner workings of the scrappy insides of the robotic carcass laid on the metal table before her. Red Tornado's burnt and ruined siblings severed limbs were scattered about like puzzle pieces Cyra needed to put back together. A drawn-out groan left her lips as she rubbed her eyelids roughly.

For all the robotic classes and the beginning of a light bulb flickering with ideas in her head, the robots were pure junk and Cyra banging on them with a wrench wasn't going to change anything.

"I suck," Cyra admitted. Thankfully, there was no response.

Cyra attached some charges to the robots interiors, the place where Cyra would describe as their hearts, laughed maniacally, then did an old Frankenstein press of a button. Electricity flowed through the cables, jolting the robots in their sleep.

A pillar of steam rose upwards, but the androids didn't so much as twitch.

Cyra's nostrils flared and she threw the nearest hammer sharply. A sharp clang echoed in the garage of the Cave.

"I believe this is where I say ow," Red Tornado's voice cut in from behind her, causing the Green Lantern to spin around, shuffling on her feet sheepishly.

"Sorry, RT, didn't see you there," Cyra apologized.

"It is because you weren't looking." Red Tornado walked into the room, his empty eye sockets instantly flickering to his siblings that were trapped under Cyra's cables. Cyra imagined it must look like what she could imagine walking into her house and seeing her family slaughtered on the floor would.

Cyra quickly swept a white sheet over the table, but that just made the shapes beneath appear more like bodies instead of clumps of metal and gears.

"Your sass is always appreciated, RT. Is there something you want?"

"How are you doing, Green Lantern? You seem awfully focused on my siblings. I just care to remind you, this is not your doing and you have no obligation to restore them to their original capacities."

Cyra figured if Red Tornado was human, concern would have been laced in his voice.

"It's not a problem, RT, I have the time on my hands. It's not like I'm a teenage superhero or anything like that," Cyra shrugged him off to start putting the tools away. "If it makes you feel better, I'm done for the day anyway."

"I don't feel, Green Lantern."

Cyra patted his iron chest, causing a clinking sound. "I know. And I made a promise to them that I'll fix them up. Too bad my robotic class doesn't have a week on rebuilding once-evil androids."

"That would be a useful addition to the American educational curriculum," Red Tornado agreed.

"I know right!" Cyra exclaimed as she finished packing up her stuff, sliding it under the table her scraps were sitting on. She walked by, bidding Red Tornado goodbye with a wave over her shoulder when her ring started to buzz on her finger. Cyra's mood turned sour before tapping the button on the top.

"Cyra, hey, what's up?" Hal's voice came crackling over the ring's personal PA system.

"I've been trying to talk to you forever!" Cyra shouted into her ring with a flourish of hand motions. "Steve broke into my house and I had to go all Green Lantern ninja on him!"

"I hate that guy," Hal spoke with dripping disgust. "Want me to beat him up?"

"I already did, but I won't stop you—wait, is that explosions?"

There was a sullen pause.

"Maybe."

Cyra let out a loud groan that made her ring quiver. "You went on a mission without me again! Dude, you have to stop doing this! I miss all the fun missions like the Sinestro battle and against Doctor France—"

"Parris. Doctor Parris."

"Exactly! What happened to us being a team?" Cyra made sure her pout could be heard.

"Oh, so when you're busy I just have to deal with it but when I get busy a few times, I'm suddenly the bad guy. That's fair," Hal sassed back. "I'm in the middle of another battle without you right now, so I might have to go."

"Hal, you called me."

"Oh . . . right."

A voice that sounded far away came in, muffled at first before increasing in volume insanely fast, yelling, "Just tell her already! I'm getting destroyed out here!"

"I'm having a nice conversation with my sidekick—"

"I'm not your sidekick!" 

"—so give me a second!"

"We don't have any more seconds, and that's coming from me!" the other voice barked.

Cyra's eyes lit up as she squealed, "Flash! What's up, buddy? Having fun? Bet you hate working with this old buffon, I know I do!"

"Kid, I'd love to complain about this loser all day with you, but we're in a tight spot right now and there's trouble in Central City."

"Hey!" Hal yelped over the line, obviously offended.

"Central City is kind of a dump, isn't it? It sure does get attacked a lot."

There was only heavy breathing over the ring for a moment and Cyra could imagine the speedster's mouth opening and closing, at a loss for words.

"Shut up and just listen. Kid Flash in in school right now, you know where that is, right?"

"Uh, yeah?"

"Go get him out, it should be around lunchtime. The Weather Wizard has plans to attack Central City airport and there's a very important person aboard that plane. You have to stop it before it goes down."

Cyra was a boatload of questions with no time to ask them before Hal shouted from farther away, "They're coming!" and the cosmic line went down.

Cyra frowned thoughtfully as she turned on her heels and headed towards the garage doors.

"Hero work, Green Lantern?" Red Tornado asked nonchalantly, and Cyra realized he had heard her whole conversation.

"You know it. Don't throw any wild parties while I'm out!" Cyra warned as she slung her jacket over her shoulders and briskly moved to the door with a smug smirk glowing on her features. "I have a speedster to kidnap!" 

Central City High

December 1, 11:43 EDT

Wally grunted as a sudden force launched him off his feet and into his locker with a clash. He turned, his bag falling to the ground and his teeth barred towards the older boy.

"What was that for?" the ginger demanded, his fists clenching to the point his knuckles turned white at his sides.

Wells Albertson turned back to the boy suddenly. He was a year above Wally with bushy eyebrows and a ruly underbite that made him look like a troll—which matched his personality perfectly. His face morphed into taunting shock.

He pushed Wally again by the shoulders, causing him to stumble a few steps back into the locker. "Finally talking back, West?"

Wally's eyes flashed with green fire as he pushed Wells back. The larger boy staggered back, genuine surprise flashing across his features. "Lay off," Wally ordered. "I didn't do anything to you."

Wells's face twisted up like a corkscrew on a bottle and Wally instantly prepared himself, recognizing the look of a charging bull.

"You pushed me, you twerp!"

"You hit me first!" Wally defended, but it was too late and Wally only had time to widen his eyes before Wells wrapped his arms around the speedster's waist and Wally's breath was knocked out of him as he had another smash against the sturdy blue lockers.

Wally knew he could wipe the floor with this oversized baby, but Barry would kill him if he ever revealed his powers over some idiotic bully of all things, but once he grunted from the hard punch to his gut, he was beginning to rethink his earlier resolve.

Alas, his savior has arrived in the form of the one and only—

Obnoxious footsteps slapped against the ground like a band march as a certain blonde girl appeared around the bend of the hallway, her hair braided high on her head like a forest warrior. She didn't walk— but waltzed down in long, leaned back strides. A brown leather jacket was slung around her like battle armor and a lazy grin resided on her lips. Her green aviator sunglasses glittered with light, which no doubt also sparkled in the aberrant amber eyes beneath as Cyra, with one fluid motion, grabbed the back of the collar of Wells's shirt, ripping him off Wally and sending the boy falling onto his rump.

"What the—!" Wells's voice failed him as he looked up to see what looked to be one of the motorcycle chick who stood behind Big Belly Burgers twin sisters. Blushing, Wells slipped up to his feet, trying to regain some of his dignity by shoving his finger into Cyra's face. "Who do you think you are?"

"Uh, Superman, duh," Cyra cocked her head. "And what are you? Gollum's less hot cousin?"

Wells's mouth just about touched the ground and Wally could fight the giddy smile that bounced onto his face, showing his pearly teeth. Cyra's eyes jumped to the ginger, amused, but Wally couldn't see so from behind the reflective glasses.

"You don't even go here!" Wells shrieked, attracting attention from the other milling students, who were all holding back scoffs of laughter of one of the burliest guys in school getting showed up by some science nerd wearing a Flash T-shirt.

Cyra did a very obvious scan of the school with her arms out in example. "Uh, yeah, of course not, look at this place. It's full of losers like you, why would I want to go here?"

The kids around who were once laughing now muttered with curled lips among themselves.

Wally grabbed Cyra's bicep, throwing a charming grin to the other students as he pulled Cyra away and around the corner she came and they started on the brisk walk towards the front doors, Wally understanding there was only two reasons for Cyra to be here—either to shower him with love or some psychopath was attacking Central City and the Flash was busy. Wally was hoping it was the former.

"Why are you here insulting my wonderful school?" Wally pondered sweetly.

"Your wonderful school was just about to pound your face in, so I don't know what twisted definition of 'wonderful' is. So, what did you do to get Daddy Goliath so angry? Steal his lunch money?"

"He attacked me! I was just standing minding my own business. It must be because I'm prettier than him," Wally nodded to himself.

"Must be," Cyra shrugged.

Wally frowned. "You know, it feels like you're being sarcastic."

"Does it now?"

Scoffing, Wally quickened his pace to get farther away from the Green Lantern. "You ruin everything."

Cyra flipped her braid over her shoulder. "I try. Now, c'mon, how do we get to the airport from here?"

"Why? Are we going for a nice vacation in Hawaii? I'm totally in, just let me get some sunscreen and maybe some oil that you can rub down my—"

"Nope, nope," Cyra interrupted, waving her hand in a 'stop' motion. "Weather Wizard is attacking there or something and we need to stop it before he takes down a plane."

"What? We better hurry then." They increased their walking pace before Wally stopped abruptly.

"What is it?" Cyra asked.

Wally waved to the office doors. "I need an adult to sign me out or it marks that I skipped."

Cyra blinked slowly. Repulse crossed her features as she rolled her eyes and grabbed Wally's wrist, sending lightning up his arm and dragging him away. "Geez, you are a nerd."

"I just care about my education," Wally pouted, placing a hand against his heart as he allowed himself to be dragged out the doors and onto the chilly streets. He set his chin on Cyra's shoulders and, with a wink, whispered in her ear, "You hold my heart just as tightly as you're holding my hand right now."

"That's . . . actually the best you've done!" Cyra gasped.

Wally grinned and shrugged nonchalantly. "They're all the best."

"Mm hmm."

The air was sharp and frost crept onto the grass like spiderwebs sparkling in the sun. Wally rubbed the goosebumps breaking up on his arms.

"Aww, are you cold? You want to borrow my jacket?" Cyra cooed.

Wally's teeth were chattering, "Yes."

Her lips twitching, Cyra slipped her jacket off and gave it to Wally. It was slightly smaller but was warm so his shivering stopped, leaving Cyra in a long sleeve shirt.

"Thank you, honey," Wally smiled.

"You're welcome. I'm always here to save a damsel in distress."

"My knight in shining armor," Wally says as he slings his arm over Cyra's shoulder, and she doesn't move to throw it off.

They walk like that for a while before Cyra mentions, "That plane is going to be in ruins if we continue mall walking like old people with fragile hips."

"Fine," Wally snapped, sadly pulling his arm away. He turned and squatted down and when Cyra didn't move, "Are you hopping on or what?"

"If you insist," Cyra shrugged, Wally unable to see her smirk as she jumped on her back. Wally held her thighs and asked if she was ready and once Cyra yelled how she was always ready, the world suddenly blurred around them and the mac and cheese from earlier gurgled in her stomach threateningly.

"What type of knight would I be if I puked on my princess?"

"A very, very bad one. If you puke on me, I'm throwing you in front of a train."

"Why would you want to dent a train like that?"

"You're right. You do have a hard head."

Cyra slapped the back of Wally's skull, almost causing the speedster to trip and cement them as painted smears on the sidewalk.

"I thought you said you knew where this place was!" Cyra exclaimed as Wally set her feet back onto the ground. They were wobbly like jelly, and for a moment Cyra was afraid the momentum pulverized her bones. Wally caught her around the waist as she fell, standing her back up straight as the blood rushed back.

"I never said that," Wally pointed out. He was rubbing his lower back. Stretching, he groaned.

"You do know I can fly, right?" A lopsided grin lumped Cyra's face.

Wally glared at her. "I forgot and you're a lot heavier than I remember. Must be those mashed potatoes."

Cyra's mouth opened into an O. No words came out of her mouth, instead, her lip stuck out in a pout and she sniffed.

"Oh, Cyra, I'm sorry," Wally spoke in a baby voice, running his hand in circles on Cyra's back. "I forgot that you can't handle the heat."

"I can handle the heat!" Cyra bellowed. "I fought Heat Wave!"

Wally snorted.

The Green Lantern stood with her hands on her hips, tapping her ring to send her suit cascading over her body, settling down with ripples. Wally did the same, twisting his watch and he was now known as Kid Flash. Cyra looked up to the sky, where a plane was coming into view, nothing but a small crumb in a wide blue sky.

"Maybe Flash was wrong," Cyra stated. "There's not even a cloud in the sky! Isn't Weather Wizard supposed to make tornadoes or something like that?"

"Something like that," Kid Flash agreed, his eyes scanning around. "Maybe we're earlier—"

Cyra glanced at the watch on Kid Flash's wrist. "Nope, late, very late. This doesn't make any sense. Why am I here if there's nothing to punch?"

"To make love to me?" Wally arched an eyebrow, a flirtatious smirk dancing across his lips.

"At an airport?" Cyra asked incredulously.

"Yeah, I have a dream just like this once." Wally batted his lashes. "And dreams always come true, right?"

Cyra shook her head, a long breath leaving her nose. She met Wally's eyes with a solid panel of seriousness. "I'm a nightmare dressed as a daydream, Wallace."

"One, don't quote Taylor Swift," Kid Flash counted on his fingers, "Two, don't call me Wallace."

"Okay, Walter."

"That's even worse."

"I love annoying you," Cyra admitted with a soft smile.

Wally's expression mirrored the Green Lantern's. "I know."

Then, dark storm clouds started to roll in—large gray masses that took up the entire sky, casting shadows that ran along their feet like rats and thunder to boom as the plane neared.

"You stand corrected," Wally bopped her nose.

Wally took a stride forward, only to trip over an odd green brick that just appeared in his way. A strangled yell left his lips as he caught himself on the ground and he glared up at the Green Lantern, who was feigning innocence.

"You're not standing at all," Cyra stepped over his body, her eyes scanning the glass windows that peaked into the airport, which was bustling with people struggling to get to their destinations or finally arriving back home after a long flight.

Wally grumbled obscenities under his breath as pushed himself back onto his feet, brushing off pebbles from yellow fabric. "You have to make that up for me?"

Cyra beat him to the punchline, "With a kiss?"

"That would be one way to do it," Wally nodded. He looked to the roof of the airport, a thin pale siding that worked as a nice pedestal for a manically laughing villain at appear, wearing a colorful blue and yellow suit and a mask that mimicked exploding lightning. A fancy swirled wand pointed to the sky.

"Hmm," Wally hummed. "I wonder where he could be."

"He was not there before!" Cyra excused.

"I know your deaf, but do you have to be blind too?" Wally rolled his eyes jokingly as they came to stand underneath the colorful villain. Wally shouted to the man, "Hey! Yoohoo! Look over here!"

"What do you want? I'm the Weather Wizard, kid! Go get grown-up Flash, and maybe then we can talk!" the Weather Wizard yelled back, dismissively.

"That's such a lame name," Cyra muttered.

"I know right?" Wally whispered back.

"Wait, what are you saying?" the Weather Wizard called down. "I can't hear you from up here, let me get down first!"

"Okay?" Wally offered.

The Weather Wizard then began his slow descent down the side of the building. Soft wind made sure he stayed steady. Wally checked his watch and Cyra tapped her foot.

"How's Coast City?" Wally asked.

"Pretty good. No one destroyed the city yet."

"That's always good."

"Sorry this is taking so long," Weather Wizard sighed.

"It's cool, dude, we're not in a rush," Wally gave the villain a thumbs up.

Cyra's eye flickered up to the plane, which was rocking back and forth like a child's crib, lightning illuminating the sky around it momentarily. Cyra said out of the corner of her mouth, "I go save the plane and you take down Weather Wimp?"

"Sounds like a plan." They fist bumped and Green Lantern burst off the ground and into the sky in a stream of limelight.

Weather Wizard finally arrived onto Kid Flash's level, breathing heavily with a bead of sweat sparkling on his brow. He looked around and managed to gasp out, "Where did Green Lantern go?"

"Saving the plane you're trying to break down. Speaking of, why are you doing that? One run over your precious clouds?"

"I've heard Green Lantern is funnier," the villain frowned.

"That's a lie, trust me."

"And, Central Airports wouldn't refund one of my flights that were delayed for eighteen hours!" Weather Wizard raged. "For an entire day, I had to live and sleep in one of those plastic chairs and each their food, which cost a fortune! I was ripped off! Do you understand how ridiculous that is?"

"Not really. I'm sixteen," Wally said.

"Damn, you're just a baby, what are you doing out here? Where's the Flash?"

"My babysitter's up in the sky stopping the plane from falling and killing everyone inside," Kid Flash pointed to where the Green Lantern's glow reflected off the clouds.

"What?" Weather Wizard demanded, turning to see the plane stabilizing in the air. He waved his wand. "Lightning!"

"Hey!" Kid Flash barked, speeding forward and checking Weather Wizard off his feet, causing his wand to go spinning through the air. "Don't shock my knight! That's my job!"

The Weather Wizard rolled on the ground, landing right beside his wand as he picked it up and pointed it at the speedster. "Worry about yourself," the man sneered and a bolt of lightning broke from the clouds, leading straight for Kid Flash.

High above in the clouds, Cyra was having trouble not being cut into green eggs and ham.

Her screams couldn't be heard over the slashing wind. The sparks of light in the clouds made it seem like Cyra was stuck in a rave and the plane's metal was making an uncomforting snapping nose as if it was about to be popped open like a tin can. The propellers of the plane were nipping at Cyra's heels as she made the mistake of flying a little too close to the large fans.

Cyra swallowed before putting a shield around herself and letting herself fall back into the fan.

The sound of crushing metal filled her ears as the shield flew through the propeller like a baseball through a wall, the blades tearing itself from the rest of the vehicle. The plane tilted dangerously and Cyra arched beneath it, catching the left wing from the bottom.

Sweat was washed off by the rain pounding on her and her muscles strained as tendrils of green energy looped around her arms like pythons, steadying the plane with her. They grew onto the plane as vines, holding it together. Cyra soared into the front of the plane, struggling to keep speed. Below, the runway was getting closer into view and she could make out the red worm slithering around the ground and sharp sparks of the two fighters below.

Cyra gritted her teeth as she spun, catching the front of the plane between her hands.

Her lungs exploded into yells as the air pressed onto her back, threatening to cripple her before she managed to get a cone behind her, cutting the wind down the middle and causing to rush past loudly. Her eyes glared sharply as they turned verdant, glowing with the same color of her suit.

The pressure behind her seemed to subside, slightly, as the plane slowed towards the runway, but it was still rocking heavily and Cyra could feel to was on the edge of a dangerous cliff.

Cyra fanned her breath onto the front of the plane. The green seemed to leak from her eyes, oozing over the skin of the plane like a sock, fitting it with a translucent slime. Then, Cyra pushed.

A push with Cyra's mind was an odd type of thing. It wasn't physical, just a do-this-thing-because-I-need-it-done push—made from willpower, she assumed, which was also a tricky thing to explain, wanting something to happen and it just doing so. That is what happened as the plane paused in the air. Slowly then, her muscles shaking, she lowered the plane to the ground.

Kid Flash spotted Cyra descending from the sky while he was in the midst of battling with the Weather Wizard. After he had dodged some lightning, Kid Flash had managed to land a few punches before being swept away by strong wind.

The fight was one of a mouse attempting to attack a cat. Whenever Kid Flash got close, he would be pushed away before he could land more than a couple hits. Now, with Cyra and the precious cargo coming in for the landing, Kid Flash only had a set amount of time to tie Double W down or risk the villain crashing the plane at the last moment despite Cyra's green shell around it. The last thing Wally figured the Green Lantern needed right now was more stress added onto the large construct.

Wally wasn't the only one to notice Cyra as Weather Wizard turned towards the Green Lantern with his wand raised.

"Not today!" Kid Flash shouted as his feet caused smoke to rise from the ground as he began to run circles around Weather Wizard.

A ball of air appeared around the villain, splitting off his connection to the pulsing skies above them. The Weather Wizard gasped as all the oxygen was sucked out of the devil's circle Kid Flash had created. He fell to his knees, clawing at his throat.

Kid Flash's jaw clenched and he refused to look at the fallen villain, hyping up his speed to be a solid line of yellow and red that excreted gusts of wind. With a sideways look at the wizard, Kid Flash slid to a stop, almost as out of breath as the Weather Wizard.

Cyra had succeeded in settling the plane onto the ground as she turned to Wally. Her hair was soaked, causing her braid to go limp, and a mixture of rainwater and sweat was staining her suit. Wally smiled.

"We did it!" Wally cheered and they high fives with both hands, clutching each others' fingers for a moment before solemnly letting go.

"For a runway, I didn't see much running," Cyra said with her hands on her hips. "Get it? I've been thinking about that joke ever since we got here."

"For a Green Lantern, you don't burst into flames very often, do you?" Wally mocked.

A metallic clanging sound cut through their banter as the airplane's door cracked open and began to lower as a staircase, resting against the ground.

"Looks like we're going to find out who our mystery guest was," Wally said, as the two of them walked up to the plane to watch as two men stepped down. One was old with a bald spot and silver hair, and the other was in his middle ages with styled black hair and a crisp Italian suit.

"Ba—Bruce Wayne?" Wally gasped.

Cyra snapped her fingers into guns. "My man!"

"Master Wayne," the butler spoke, "were we expecting children?"

"We're teenagers," Wally corrected.

Bruce Wayne's feet hit the ground and he straightened his tie. "I was expected the Flash and Green Lantern senior, but you got the job down just as well."

"They were busy, so they called in the pros," Cyra punched her chest.

The butler humphed. "Charming."

"As always," Cyra bowed. She looked to Bruce Wayne. "Your voice is a lot higher without the mask."

Wally's jaw slacked. "You knew?"

"Of course," Cyra brushed off. "I'm his favorite on the Team, of course, he told me."

Wally elbowed her roughly in the side, causing Cyra to yelp.

"Master Wayne has a love for theatrics," the butler said dryly, causing the teen heroes bodies to shake with ill-concealed laughter.

"Shouldn't you go bring the car around, Alfred?" Bruce asked sharply. With a shrug, Alfred turns and waltzed away with an air of silent contentment. Bruce turned back to the pair, "Thank you for getting my plane down safely. You two are proving to be useful allies."

"You don't have to be so strict with us. You can call us friends," Cyra said, grinning with her hands in a heart shape.

"No."

"It's all apart of the job," Kid Flash said humbly, which earned a suspicious sideways glance from the Green Lantern, but he only winked.

"It's good to see you two finally getting along." Cyra could see Batman roll his eyes without the mask on and it was a refreshing view—just as she had imagined.

Kid Flash slung his arm over Cyra's shoulder and pulled her to him. "We have a deep bond," he nodded.

"So deep," Cyra agreed.

"I'm sure," Batman stated with an obvious hunger to leave the two as quickly as possible despite them saving his life, his butler, and his plane. "If there's anything you two need I will be able to help. I'm sure you can get into contact with me."

"Money would be nice," Cyra said, but Bruce Wayne had already turned away and followed after Alfred. Wally rolled his eyes. "What? Hand me an Orange Lantern ring and call me greedy, but I'm looking out for us. That money could have bought us dinner."

On cue, Wally's stomach growled.

"Looks like we're paying for ourselves this time," Wally shrugged, and they turned, still connected by Wally's arm and walked away from the carcass of the trashed plane. "You feeling tacos?"

"How about Chinese?"

"I'll compromise—mexican food."

"Would that include tacos?"

" . . . maybe. But they'll have rice?"

"Fine, but you have to carry be there."

Wally groaned. "Alright, hop on." 

A/N: Merry Christmas.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 745 13
𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘪𝘧 𝘐 𝘨𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘢 𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘴 𝘐 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 The five times Robin...
69.7K 3.5K 22
For months now, the young justice league noticed their mentors coming back from a mission either injured or distressed and never knew who was the vil...
569K 15.4K 46
" You'll never know if you can fly , unless you take the risk of falling" ~Nightwing~ After the death of her parents and the disappearance of...
2.1K 97 47
**Based off of the New 52/Rebirth Storylines as well as some Arrowverse characters** After a mysterious illness affect the men on Earth, most of the...