The Workaholic Wife ✅

By gopikah

A workaholic doctor never thought about marriage a day in her life until she woke up to find a man in her bed... More

Sleep comes first!
Meeting family
'Saving lives is a full time job'
'You looked like a racoon the day I met you'
Secrets and confessions
"Mother Knows best"
Weird Relatives
Hugs, Kisses and Chocolate.
Burning Jealousy
Young and old
A touch of hope
Fighting for an heir
Fainting from a kiss
Warming up
Fighter Woman
Tears of the night
Forgiving and Forgetting
Curious Cat
Two Mama Bears
To Love Or Not To Love
Bittersweet
Shadow of Death
Escaped Zoo Animals
Killer Kisses
Revealing Insecurities
Bloody Possessive
Plainly Pain
Demanding Dreams
Firing Complaints
Love Confessions
The Weirdest of Reunions
War Zone
Necessary Skills in Life
The Hopeless and the Orphaned
Convincing stories
Tarzan and Time Travellers
Domineeringly polite
The Pun in Punishments
Book Worms and Gossip Girls
A Man's Intuition
New Endearments and Old Relationships
Story Time
Swimming Against the Tide
Facing the Stars
The Yellow Brick Road
The Goody Two-Shoes Wife
Fengshui in the Family
A Makeover with Aphrodite and Barbie
Probing His Head
The Theory of the Alternate Universe
Cricket-Obsessed Rats
The Aspiring Perfectionist
Jumping to Conclusions
The Vanilla and Chocolate Deviation
The Trust Displacement
The Return of the Workaholic
The Choosing Ceremony
The Chameleon(s)
Hardcore Manipulation
The Registration Provocation
Scarred Silence
Murderers in the House
The Partition
The Interval
The Journey to the City of Love
The Heart Wants What It Wants
Clueless Culprits
Turbulence
Her Howling Heart

Getting over the worst

11.4K 503 11
By gopikah

The next day was chaos. We woke really early but Mayma and Kanya were adamant on packing our clothes. I wasn't too thrilled, but Aniket was bouncing on his toes, overcome with excitement.

He thought they would pick a good choice of clothing— correction, revealing clothing—that he overacted. However, when he saw the flowered shirts they packed him, his obnoxious smirk turned into a frown, which made me bellow in laughter.

"Shut up. Now I actually have a excuse to run naked," He states, his smirk reappearing.

"Mayma, why do you even try with this guy? When I met him, he was so shy, he wouldn't even let another person see him half-naked without my permission. Now, he's trying to seduce me."

"Well, your roles should be switched. You should be the one seducing him, and he should be the one giving in to you. But, seeing how you're the dominant of your relationship, we have to do our best," she says, throwing in a especially revealing set of my underclothes.

"When did you people even buy this stuff for me? And how do you know my size?" I ask, blushing at thought Mayma going to those types of stores.

"Aniket shopped them for you online." I glare at Aniket, who puts his hands up in surrender.

"This is so embarrassing." I groan and fall back on the bed. "I mean, when the heck did you measure me?"

"I measured you with my hands, baby." He says, chuckling, and putting up his weird hands on display.

I stare at his hands for a few minutes. Why am I so afraid of those hands of his? Of course, every part of him is beautiful. He has a perfect body, as if he sculpted it in my preference all his life. However, whenever I see his hands on my body or see his hands at all, I get nervous.

It's a physiological barrier that I have to come across with him; afterwards, we would be forever together.

Seeing that I want lots of children, this little issue of mine, has to go. The only way to do that, is by getting to know him, inside and out. I blush again, thinking about his body.

I was brought back to focus, by Anikets' kiss on my cheek. This time, I welcome the kiss, but distance myself before the pair of devils in the closet could see us.

"You know," Kanya teases, "it's disgusting seeing you people make out in front of us. Go get a room."

"Shut up, Kanya. You are in my room. And I have every right to kiss my wife. Where ever and whenever I want." I glare at him when he says the last part. "With her permission, of course," he murmurs, laughing.

"That's so disgusting! I hope I never run into those preposterous feelings."

"It's called love," Mayma says. "You don't want to be in love, Kanya?"

"Ew, that's for suckers. I'd rather die than declare that I would die for them out of love."

"It's alright." I reassure her. "It's the same way I was thinking of love, when I first met him," I say poking Aniket on the chest. He jerks like he's been hit with lightning, and runs his hands over his chest, pouting at me cutely.

"Shut up, you're fine. Don't overreact."

"Wow, I'm feeling the love," Aniket jokes.

Mayma and Kanya laugh and I put my head in my hands, blocking out their laughter.

"Mayma, can I talk to you?"

"Sure, dear."

"I meant, privately."

"Oh," she says, looking at Kanya and Aniket.

Once they leave, I tell her about my medical condition, making her promise that she wouldn't tell my mother.

"I don't know how to be in charge. I haven't done these things before. I'm really uncomfortable."

She just reassures me, saying that I will be fine. "He could still be in charge." She states, pursing her lips together. "You just have to experiment," she says, winking.

That's confusing. How can he be in charge without touching me?

Realization strikes me.

Oh. That devil.

"Aniket!" I yell. "We're leaving in two minutes."

**********************************

"So, we're here." He says, shifting our luggage to the person awaiting our arrival on the private jet.

"Is this really necessary?" I ask, looking around the lavish plane.

"Don't you want to remember this?" He says, referring to our honeymoon, and pulling me in closer. I freeze and look at his hands, making him remove them instantly. "Sorry."

"It's fine. I thought I actually liked it that time."

"Really?" He asks, hopefully.

"I think so, but just control yourself for now." I say, gazing at his pants and smirking at him.

He frowns and scratches the back of his neck in embarrassment. The weird thing was, his father had some similar qualities as him.

Pops must be hiding something else. Something that will probably endanger Aniket and himself.

I decide to not think about it, since I had Aniket to take care of during the trip. When I had told Alisha about the trip, She had literally pushed me out of the hospital and personally told the security guard to never let me in without her permission.

The security guard, oblivious that he was locking me out of my own hospital, agreed with Alisha, and advices me not to overwork myself at a young age.

Idiots these days. They come in all shapes and forms.

"So, wifey, what are you thinking about that's putting that beautiful smile on your heavenly face." He compliments me, and Warmth spreads up my neck.

"I was thinking about idiots."

"Idiots? Me?" He says, pretending to be offended.

"No, but you just proved yourself to be a idiot." I laugh at my retort, and go back to looking out the window.

"I have a surprise for you." He says, kissing me on my neck.

I swat him away from me, and look at the host who was passing by sheepishly.

"Aniket. No PDA."

Aniket turns around to see the smiling man, who was pretending to be oblivious.

"He works for me, sweetheart. Don't you worry."

"He's older than you, you dunderhead. Be respectful."

"Money can make people quiet."

I slap my own forehead, in exasperation. "Well, fine. I don't like to be physically and romantically involved with you when other people are around. I'm embarrassed. I have no experience in PDA."

"If that's the case, let me teach you." He kisses me again, this time along my jaw and smirks knowingly when I suppress a moan. "I swear, you're going to be the death of me."

I laugh, but frown when another hostess passes by. Aniket sighs at me, and looks at the ceiling, unable to cope with my embarrassment.

"I have to get used to my shy wife."

"I'm not shy. Just be respectful." I say, kissing his cheek and resting my head on top of his chest.

"Fine." He says to me. "Lets go to our private cabin then."

"Aniket." I shiver in fear and nervousness. Is he expecting us to consummate our marriage, here?

"What's the matter, sweetheart? Still shy?" He laughs and kisses my neck. "Don't worry. I'll wait for you. We have all the time in the world."

If only he knew. I was timed to make a baby, and if I don't complete the given task before he can secure his family and his empire, then I'm doomed. Anikets' Biological father might take him from me and I would be hopeless after that.

What would I do without him? Probably put myself through another devastating work schedule to avoid my problems until I faint without sleep or food. Alisha would drag me back to reality and my
parents would attempt to marry me off again.

I would be shunned in society for my second marriage and would die a virgin.

"Aniket, do you just want to get through the bad part now?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, if I were to take charge of the situation, the first time would be awkward. Do you just want to get through it, so that I feel more comfortable with you?"

"Now?"

"Now."

"Alright, into the cabin we go."

"Wait!"

"What?"

"What if— what if they hear us?"

"It's soundproof. We'll be fine."

"Alright."

************************************
"That was—

"Awful." He completes.

"I know. It started well, though."

"Good thing we got over it then."

"Yeah," I say, smiling.

"I'm sorry I made you cry."

"I'm sorry you cried because you saw me cry."

He laughs. "It's alright, sweetheart. We're both fine now. Is it hurting too much?"

"Yes. But I can take it."

"That's my woman."

He is underneath me, in all his glory, while I'm spread out on top. We're sandwiched together, inseparable for the rest of our lives.

I managed to keep his hands away from me and he complied, artfully pleasing me in other ways.

"Krithi, if I said, I actually enjoyed it, Will you believe me?"

"What?"

"I liked it. Loved it even."

"Seriously?" I ask, staring into his chocolate brown eyes. "It hurts so much for me, though."

"That's why I claimed it was awful." He chuckles, and I stare at him.

"It's alright. I thought you meant it was awful, because you couldn't touch me."

"No, actually, I like that you're in control. It makes you happy."

"You really love me, Aniket." I state, kissing his cheek.

"I do."

*******************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.2K 2.1K 63
Koyal and Vardhaan, two individuals, were tied together in a knot by their families. Unknown with each other, one marries out of responsibility and t...
258K 13.5K 51
For Samayra, being a successful veterinary doctor was enough. For her parents, It wasn't. They say, For those, who fail to find love, there's always...
138K 4.8K 23
This book is going to contain some short stories. Please do give it a try It will be worth it. (Request closed) Story cover by:- @jasmine0786. Thank...