The Artist [BxB] (COMPLETED)

By MonetPill

Kim Jinsoo is an amateur artist. He doesn't know what he's doing but the outcome is always the most sophistic... More

The Artist
Awkward Greetings
Coincidence
Red, Orange, Yellow
Notebook
Kindness is A Virtue
Home run?
Memory
Plan B
Forever River
Picture Perfect
Anger, bruises, and Textbooks
Deja Vu
Seo-yun
Gift
Im Fine
Read
Alone
Realization
Confession
Hope
Doubt
Comfort
Rival
Falling in Love
Day One
Big Question
Lives Parted
Unable to Remember

Basketball

828 50 0
By MonetPill

The beating heart of a soul,

Silently thumping to the rhythm of his breathing.

For the boy did not know what to do.

All he could do was be next to her,

Care for her,

And love her.

But he knew this wasn't enough to make her happy.....

_______________

[Kim Jinsoo]

The last bell rang after the class was wrapped up, halls flowing with students rushing to their busses. Buses in Seoul are pretty common but people usually walk, with houses being only four blocks away. My house was one of these perimeters.

Shutting my locker I headed towards the front of the school to meet Jae-hwa. We usually meet there to say our goodbyes considering she has to take the bus. I saw her leaning on the door frame looking down at her cellphone.

I quickly rushed up to her and tapped her shoulder. "The game is tomorrow right?"

She looked up and nodded, "yes, I don't expect Joon or Min to be there but you for sure. Don't miss this." She warned. I nodded reluctantly, knowing the bad side of Jae. She breathes in and lets it out as a big sigh, "I have to go now, I'll see ya tomorrow, kay?"

She walks away and gets in the bus. I waved through the window and made my way to my route. Before leaving I noticed a tall figure at the cross light about to pass. I rushed up to him and began walking with him.

It didn't take me long to realize who it was.

"Oh, hey Jin. What are you doing here?" Sangwoo asked as we walked. I glanced at his face and backed down immediately. "O-oh I'm walking home..."

"Really? I am too," He said with a smile. I smile, knowing his smile could melt hearts.

"Where are you heading? I'm going to the convenience store to pick up some candy. Wanna come?"

I look down the path that I usually go and back at him. "M-my mom would be would be worried if I stay late out of the house again....sorry." I explained.

He just smiles and scratches his neck, "that's okay. Anyway, do you like basketball?"

"B-basketball? Well I-I don't play it but it's a good sport I-I guess," I responded, not knowing weather I'd offend him or not.

Instead of an expected reaction, he laughs it off and continues what he was saying. "My first game is tomorrow. You should definitely come." His offer made me blush as I was already planning to go. "Y-yea sure, if I'm not busy."

"Great," he breathed out.

He walked the other way towards the store as I look at him from a distance. He waves at me while walking into the store.

I let out a heavy sigh, the build up of stress filling my mind. To be completely honest I really didn't want to go. But Jae would be very disappointed if I didn't go. But, considering the sudden offer, my head stared to spin.

I slowly made my way back to my house, making sure to take my time with each step. Once I made it to the front door, I opened it and saw my mom in the kitchen washing the dishes.

"You're home early, " I said taking off my shoes. My mom kept washing the dishes, unfazed by my presence. I walk up behind her and tapped her, "mom?"

She swished around and gasped, "Jin! You're home already?"

I nodded, "yea, I just got here," I looked over to what she was washing.

A knife...

"I'm going to a game tomorrow with Jae if that's okay with you," I asked. My mom nodded happily, "Please have your fun! You're always locked up in your room with those horrendous smelling paints." I rolled my eyes and made my way to my room.

My room was the same way I left it, with my bed made simply and clothes folded. I dropped my backpack on the chair and flopped in my bed.

'I don't know what I should do.....'

My door opens revealing my mom. "Hey Jin, I'm going to go out for a little bit...will you be okay while I'm gone?" I nodded, "yea, where are you going?" She stayed silent for a bit before responding, "somewhere..."

This made me feel a bit suspicious. "Are you going to be fine?" I asked, sincerely worried about where my mom was going. "Yes Jin, I'm going to be fine. Just need to pick something up..."

I slowly nodded, "Okay then....I guess I'll see you later."

My mom said 'bye' and closed the door. I could hear her open the front door and shutting close with a slam. The house stood silent after that. So quiet you could hear a pin drop.

I don't like the fact of being home alone, cooped up into an area all alone without anyone. Some people like the lone space but I don't. I feel a bit anxious.

I quickly glance at my book bag containing my nonexistent homework. This made me more bored than I already am.

'I guess I could text Jae...'

Slipping my phone out of my pocket I opened it with a swipe of a finger. The wallpaper reveal a rose pink sheep with stars and circles around it. Very cute if I do say so myself.

I clicked the messages icon and started typing a message to Jae.

________
To: JaeHay
From: JinBin

Bored right now, wanna do something?
________

I tossed my cell and pushed my face into a pillow.

After a moment of waiting, I heard my ringer go off.

_____
From: JayHay
To: JinBin

I'm busy rn, sorry :((
_____

I read the message and let out a groan. The rest of the afternoon will be boring and lonely. Very, very lonely....

Maybe this would be the perfect opportunity to catch some needed sleep. I closed my window blinds and got ready to take a little nap. Just a little one, don't want to oversleep here.

Just a slight....quiet...lonely....nap.....

___________

The air blew cold and rough on my face. I slowly opened my eyes, the grey of the clouds greeting me. Sitting up, I looked around me. Confused, I slowly got up and made my way around the area.

It was lit with the light coming through the heavy grey clouds. Still pretty dark but not completely dark. I stare at the dimly lit horizon, squinting to catch a better picture.

There was an object.....no.....a person...

The person sat on the grey grass, which looked dead inside and out. The person sat on the ground sobbing and letter her tears fall down her face.

I....I don't know what to do.....

She looks up at me and smiles. Even through the smile and tears, I saw a broken heart and soul.

"Death is near.......isn't it?"

I stare at her, not knowing wether an answer was right. She just kept on crying and groaning.

"I....I just want him back......"

This got my attention. I squat down in front of the woman. "Who's him?"

She immediately stood up and ran. She ran so fast and so far.

Suddenly the ground grew dark and so did everything. Everything was dark. But there was the woman, tears flowing down her face.

Her head slowly raises up to reveal black eyes.

"I WANT HIM BACK."
____________

I jolted up, panting unevenly. The sweat on my body was hot from my struggle in my sleep.

I looked around my room, acknowledging the absence of light. It must be night.

My house was quiet with the exception of the soft sobs through the thin walls

__________

A/n

HiI guYs, this chApter was a it wonky if I dO say to myself...

I hope you guys enjoy this story as I do writing it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 411 23
Lee Han was a normal teen guy, a ordinary popular guy in his High School with a tight friend group. Taesan was a ordinary nerdy sweet guy, not compl...
349K 13.2K 75
Jisoo Kim isn't the marrying type. Anything but that. Marriage, for her, is out of the question. And yet, through some sick and confusing twist of fa...
272K 8.6K 19
DISCLAIMER: (9 DEC 2019) This whole book was written years ago and there are many many many mistakes in my writing. I am currently editing from chapt...
276K 10.5K 40
Lalisa Manoban is a rich girl. She's a stuck-up and a narcissist. There's no way she wouldn't be when she comes from a wealthy family and never had t...