Why Not?

By DannyJesseandJoey

You escaped HYDRA when you were younger, but you weren't able to save your parents. So, you re-entered societ... More

Chapter One: the Day It All Started
Chapter Two: What Tony Did When He Got Home
Chapter Three: The Hospital
Chapter Four: Just-- Fucking Micheal
Chapter Five: Boi, everything's illegal these days
Chapter Seven: Can The Avengers Get Arrested?
Chapter Eight: Thor Is A Giant, Ferocious Teddy Bear
Chapter Nine: All The Dogs Went to Heaven, and Everything Here Went to Shit
Chapter Ten: No Place Like Home
Chapter Eleven: Pancakes and Secret Fights
Chapter Twelve: What The H e l l is Happening?
Chapter Thirteen: A Promise is Made
Chapter Fourteen: This Mad Night's Almost Peaceful Interlude
Chapter Fifteen: Micheal Loses His Shit
Chapter Sixteen: Sixteen candles had less angst
Chapter Seventeen: Sweet Dreams in Sea Major
Chapter Eighteen: Fun Facts With Y/n L/n
Chapter Nineteen: Pasts, Powers, and The Shitty Possibility of Relation
Chapter Twenty: Science is Great... Until You're the Mouse
Chapter Twenty-One: Hearts Cool Quickly and Betrayal's A Bitch
Chapter Twenty-Two: A New Feeling
Chapter Twenty-Three: Forget The Pan, Straight Into The Fire
Chapter 24: Throwing Myself A Pity Party, And Guess What--You're Not Invited
Chapter Twenty-Five: It's Hard To Find Friends When You've Been The Bad Guy
26: If You Break An Egg With Too Much Force, You Get A Mess
27: It's Quiet Uptown

Chapter Six: HYDRA Made More Than Just One Super Soldier, Silly

7.3K 203 27
By DannyJesseandJoey

Bucky wasn't sure if he was confused, or if her flat out didn't believe you. So, he asked.

"What do you mean 'they're all dead'?" he scoffed, "You can't just kill super soldiers!"

You turned to look at the former HYDRA agent, smirking as you gave him a dismissive wave of your hand, "Sure you can! You just need a better super soldier to do it." You shrugged.

It's not like you were trying to get everyone all riled up, but you did kinda have a lot going on at the moment. With Chloe being in the hospital, Micheal acting up with his busted lip, and this whole adoption thing... your brain just kinda went into autopilot mode.

"You're not–" Clint paused, giving her an odd look, "Are you?" he asked.

You're not like the Winter Soldier, are you?

You took a deep breath, but you couldn't help but glare at the... team in front of you, "I'm sure you're all smart enough to-ve looked into my background. You all know who I am." you deadpanned

"Do we? All I know for sure is that you're a listed HYDRA assassin." Rhodes snapped.

"Yeah, and War Machine, also known as you, Sargent Rhodes, almost killed the president. I like to think titles don't matter that much." Micheal snapped bitterly, sat up, and glared at the war 'hero'.

"Oh yeah? Okay, if that's how you wanna play it." Rhodey snapped, "How many innocent people have been killed because of her?"

"Over eighty." You shrugged, "Then again, no one's innocent. So, zero."

"Yeah right," Bucky snapped, "Y/n L/n? Over one-hundred-fifty kills before going dark in her 8th year. Everyone remembers you." he glared, "Everyone learned to fear you the hard way."

"While that may be true, that doesn't change the fact that what I said is true. I don't kill innocent people. Every person I killed was bad in one aspect or another." You shrugged.

"You killed kids, Y/n!" Bucky scolded, fists clenching at his sides.

"If you wanna go with logic like that, then you've killed more kids than I have." You glared, "But we both know that you didn't kill them. James wouldn't. HYDRA brainwashed both of us, W.S. not just you." you snapped, "Now lower your voice, or you're going to wake Chloe up."

"Oh, so you're actually concerned about Chloe now?" Micheal gawked.

You knew he was just trying to get under your skin, but you weren't having it. However, when you went to speak, someone beat you to it.

"Could you cut that out? She's clearly having a hard enough time, and she doesn't need you shitting on her."

They spoke with a heavy accent. Sokovian, from what you could hear. After quickly going through all the members of the Avengers, you narrowed it down to the Maximoff twins.

"Pietro or Wanda?" You asked, choosing not to turn and look at either.

"Wanda." They answered.

"Well, Wanda," You turned to face the former HYDRA agent, "as much as I love you trying to defend me, I don't mind him too much. Micheal's been having an off day, especially since he apparently got into a fight. So, I'd rather take the verbal abuse than have him lash out on someone else again." you sighed, somehow looking ages older within a few minutes. 

We really need to get Micheal in to see a therapist...

A/N: I had a hard time with editing and being able to focus, but I got it! 😄 I hope you have a wonderful day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 407 28
Y/n Stark had a rough childhood. Never had friends, and was so close to leaving school, only to find out you're Tony Stark's kid! Getting kidnapped b...
37.4K 1.1K 14
Peter Parker x Reader// Peter Parker sneaks off campus everyday. And so do you. Being a freak wasn't a privilege. It made you different, and the worl...
517K 15.5K 156
Adopted at a young age by Nicholas Fury, Y/N was raised as a Shield agent and was known to be one of the best. You were enhanced by Hydra before you...
240K 7.5K 20
Imagine being Tony Stark's adoptive daughter no one knows about because you're studying abroad. One day you come home without saying a word and all t...