MISCHIEF ||TWO||

By deankrtn

"If this kid lifts this hammer, I'm retiring" "Okay kid, we don't got all day you know!" "You happy now, St... More

< Language! >
< He's still Barton >
< Excelsior! >
< Ultron >
< Awakening >
< Clint the Family Man >
< Can a goddess get sick? >
< Thor's personal vision >
< Sokovia >
< You didn't see that coming? >
< Assemble >
= Oops? =
= Heat of the Moment =
= The Sokovia Accords =
= She's Gone =
= Rest in Peace, Peggy =
= Come on Bucky! =
= New Recruits =
= Airport Battle Pt. 1 =
= Airport Battle Pt. 2 =
+ Moving In +
+ That is False +
+ Is This Anybody's Bike? +
+ Punks +
+ R.I.P. The Death Star +
+Jealousy +
+ The Party Girl +
+ Glowy Thing +
+ Evil Lair +
+ Trackers +
+ Suit Lady +
+ Instant-Kill +
+ Warehouse Escape +
+ Washington Monument +
+ Detention +
+ Boat Rides Pt.1 +
+ Boat Rides Pt.2 +
+ Slow Dancing with you +
+ Homecoming +
+ Killer Driving Skills +
+ Plane Ride +
+ Teen Love +
!!! C O M P L E T E D !!!

= The Beginning to a War =

434 18 3
By deankrtn

I was called in to stop someone with War Machine, I had signed the Accords so I was officially on Tony's side. I just hope I was doing the right thing. We were flying in, there was armed police surrounding people with their guns aimed. War Machine leaps down from above and raises both hands his weapons pointed at the people. I drop wearing my new suit and come face-to-face with Steve, Bucky, and someone in a black cat suit. My eyes saddened and Steve just stared at me, I looked to Rhodey and I raised my glowing green hands. "Stand down, now." Bucky stands beside Steve who puts his shield on his back. "Congratulations, Cap. You're a criminal." Rhodey spoke as I quickly look away from Steve, I was not able to look at him like this.

Police move in and force Bucky to his knees. Black Cat boy raises his hands. A cop moves Steve's arms behind his back. Black Cat boy retracts his claws and pulls off his mask revealing his face. It's T'Challa. Steve and Rhodes look curious at him.

"Your highness." Rhodes spoke. Bucky is hauled flat on the ground.

---

In a light grey walled bunker Bucky's pod is carried away by a forklift. Nearby Steve gets out of the SUV and glances across at Bucky who doesn't spot him. With Sam and T'Challa, Steve approaches Sharon and I while we stood with a diminutive, grey-head man. "What's gonna happen to him?" Steve asked referring to Bucky.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition." The grey-head man spoke, I couldn't recall his name.

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander." Sharon spoke as if she read my mind, I knew she hadn't cause I would've felt it.

"What about our lawyer?" Steve asked before he turned to look at me.

"Lawyer. That's funny. See their weapons are placed in lockup. Oh, we'll write you a receipt."

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." Sam spoke referring to his mechanical wings, I look over to him and give him a small smile.

---

On a covered sky-walk. "You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favour, stay in it?" Mr. Ross spoke, looking at the three of them, for once I wasn't in trouble except for the Lagos thing, but that was being dealt with.

"I don't intend on going anywhere." T'Challa spoke as he sat down in a  chair.

"For the record, this is what making things worse looks like." Natasha spoke looking Steve dead in the eye.

"He's alive." He simply spoke before he turned to me. He sat down beside me and looked into my emerald eyes. "I'm sorry Kara, I can't sign this and I need to save Bucky. He's innocent." I looked at him and read his mind and he was being genuine.

"You've gotta let the police handle this matter, Steve. I know he was your everything, but people change. I'm not saying he has, but he could have." I spoke, a single tear rolling down my pale cheeks. "I had to arrest you guys today. Do you know how that felt!?" My eyes glowing as I looked at Steve. I then looked away and teleported myself beside Tony who was on the phone.

"No. Romania was not Accords-sanctioned. And, Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup." Tony spoke into the phone while I sat beside him away from Steve. It's not like he had to arrest his older brother figure and watch him slowly become a criminal when he has been your role model since you were a child.

"Try not to break anything while we fix this." Natasha spoke to Steve who sat down in a chair.

"Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that 'cause I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir." Tony spoke ending the phone call then looking over to me.

"'Consequences'?" Steve questioned.

"Secretary Ross wants you both prosecuted. Had to give him something." Tony spoke.

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?"

"It's now technically the Governments property. Same with the wings bird boy." I spoke looking at the both of them for a quick second.

"That's cold." Sam replied.

"Warmer than jail." Tony joked.

---

"Hey, you two wanna see something cool? I pulled something from Dad's archives. Felt timely." Tony shows both Steve and I two pens in a black presentation box. "FDR signed the Lend-Lease bill with these in 1941. Provided support to the Allies when they needed it most."

"Some would say it brought our country closer to war." Steve spoke looking serious.

"See? If not for these, you wouldn't be here. I'm trying to... What do you call it? That's an olive branch. Is that what you call it?"

"Is Pepper here? I didn't see her." Steve spoke trying to change the topic, I knew for a fact that this was a hard topic on Tony. His feelings basically radiated so much I almost felt overwhelmed, but it soon faded thankfully.

"We're kinda... Well, not kinda..." Tony mumbled, obviously surprised by Steve bringing this up.

"Pregnant?" He asked. Tony and I looked at each-other and he shook his head.

"Steven!" I spoke punching him in the arm, He winced and rubbed his arm waiting for Tony's response.

"No. Definitely not. We're taking a break. It's nobody's fault." He spoke trying to tell Steve while secretly trying to reassure himself as well.

"I'm so sorry, Tony. I didn't know." He spoke genuinely sad.

"A few years ago, I almost lost her, so I trashed all my suits. Then, we had to mop up HYDRA... and then Ultron. My fault. And then, and then, and then, I never stopped. Because the truth is I don't wanna stop. I don't wanna lose her. I thought maybe the Accords could split the difference." Tony stands up and paces. "In her defence, I'm a handful. Yet, Dad was a pain in the ass, but he and mom always made it work."

"You are a handful..." I mumbled, Tony just glared at me as I smiled trying to lighten up the mood. "Sorry, I'm not helping at all am I?" I teased he just rolled his eyes.

"You know, I'm glad Howard got married. I only knew him when he was young and single."

"Oh, really? You two knew each other? He never mentioned that. Maybe only a thousand times. God, I hated you."

"Come on Tony, don't bully him now." I spoke.

"I don't mean to make things difficult."

"I know, because you're a very polite person."

"I'd have to agree on that one 100%, sorry Steve." I shrugged.

"If I see a situation pointed south... I can't ignore it. Sometimes I wish I could."

"No you don't" Tony countered.

"Is Steven Rogers lying to our faces?" I asked with a raised brow. Steve smiled thinly.

"No, I don't. Sometimes..."

"Sometimes I wanna punch you in your perfect teeth. But I don't wanna see you gone. We need you, Cap. So far, nothing's happened that can't be undone, if you sign. We can make the last 24 hours legit. Barnes gets transferred to an American psych-centre... instead of a Wakandan prison."

"Come on Steve, it's our best bet at helping him. You know this deep down." Steve frowns thoughtfully and picks up one of the fountain pens. He stands up and paces, then turns to Tony. In the control room beyond there are multiple screens on the walls.

"I'm not saying it's impossible, but there would have to be safeguards."

"Sure. Once we put out the PR fire, those documents can be amended. I'd file a motion to have you and Wanda reinstated..."

"Wanda?" I questioned. I hadn't been told anything about Wanda being reinstated.

"Wanda? What about Wanda?" Steve spoke looking at me then to Tony.

"She's fine. She's confined to the compound, currently. Vision's keeping her company."

"Tony! You can't just lock her up, I helped create the damage as well. Why am I not confined to the compound. I am only Fifteen with the powers of a god you know." I spoke, green mist started to produce out of my hands. I didn't notice, I was furious with Tony.

"Oh God, Tony! Every time. Every time I think you see things the right way..." Steve looks over to me and one of the lights above starts to flicker. "Hey, Kara calm down. I'll handle this." I looked down and saw the green mist and I shook my hands in an attempt to get rid of the mist.

"What? It's a 100 acres with a lap pool. It's got a screening room. There's worse ways to protect people."

"Protection? Is that how you see this? This is protection? It's internment, Tony."

"She's not a US citizen."

"Neither am I. Remember? Asgardian princess?"

"Oh, come on, Tony."

"And they don't grant visas to weapons of mass destruction."

"She's just a kid Tony! We didn't mean for that to happen!" I spoke looking at Tony standing up inching closer to him.

"GIVE ME A BREAK! I'm doing what has to be done... to stave off something worse." Tony spoke. Steve nods faintly.

"You keep telling yourself that." He puts the pen down. "Hate to break up the set." He leaves the office and rueful Tony watches Bucky on one of the control room's screens as I stood beside him silent.

"Am I really making the right choice?" I mumbled under my breath watching the screen carefully.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 10.4K 37
π•π€π‹πŽπ‘ | ❝Yeah? I'll have you know my superpower is being a huge asshole, actually.❞ In which the mysterious superhero and S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, Va...
4K 145 22
You are Tony Starks Niece. Growing up having a superhero uncle, made superheros totally not interesting. You are the newest Avenger, but Uncle Tony d...
69.1K 1.9K 20
ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴛ [ᴄᴏ·ᴠᴇʀᴛ] α΄€α΄…α΄Šα΄‡α΄„α΄›Ιͺᴠᴇ 1. α΄„α΄Ι΄α΄„α΄‡α΄€ΚŸα΄‡α΄…; sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛ; α΄…ΙͺsɒᴜΙͺsᴇᴅ 2. ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀᴇᴅ; sΚœα΄‡ΚŸα΄›α΄‡Κ€α΄‡α΄… (Y/N) (L/N) was always curious about her parents' job. Oftentimes...
5.5K 315 17
𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 πŽπ… πƒπ‘π„π€πŒπ’ *SLOW UPDATES* ❝In which a little girl is cursed by the people she once trusted, and is forced to save the world. All...