UnOrdinary: What if?

By BookWormDevil

What if John hadn't learned from the Readjustment Facility? What if, instead, he felt a need for revenge on a... More

Chapter #1 John
Chapter #2 Seraphina
Chapter #3 John
Chapter #4 Seraphina
Chapter #5 John
Chapter #6 Seraphina
Chapter #7 John
Chapter #9 John
New Years Special Edition
Chapter #10 Seraphina
Chapter #11 John
Chapter #12 Seraphina
Chapter #13 John
Chapter #14 Seraphina
Chapter #15 John
Chapter #16 Seraphina
Chapter #17 John
Chapter #18 Seraphina
Chapter #19 John
Chapter #20 Seraphina
Chapter #21 John
Valentines Day Special Edition
Chapter #22 Seraphina
Chapter #23 John
Chapter #24 Seraphina
Chapter #25 John
Chapter #26 Seraphina
Bonus (Little Special)
Chapter #27 John
Chapter #28 Seraphina
Chapter #29 John
Chapter #30 Seraphina
Chapter #31 John
Chapter #32 Seraphina
The Little Bonus
Chapter #33 John
Chapter #34 Seraphina
Chapter #35 John
Chapter #36 Seraphina
Chapter #37 John
Chapter #38 Seraphina
Chapter #39 John
Chapter #40 Seraphina
Chapter #41 John
Chapter #42 Seraphina
Chapter #43 John
Chapter #44 Seraphina
Chapter #45 John
Chapter #46 Seraphina
Chapter #47 John
Chapter #48 Seraphina
Chapter #49 John
Chapter #50 S P E C I A L
Chapter #51 Seraphina
Chapter #52 John
Chapter #53 Seraphina
Chapter #54 John
Chapter #55 Seraphina
Chapter #56 John
Chapter #57 Seraphina
Chapter #58 John
Chapter #59 Seraphina (The End)

Chapter #8 Seraphina

4.9K 116 34
By BookWormDevil

If being awesome was a crime
I would be serving a life sentence

"Fire and Claws, are you sure?"

I nodded, "I remember."

The man dressed in black sighed. "Okay then, let me get this straight. You escaped school because you felt like it..."

I bowed my head down whispering, "It wasn't like that..."

"And you found this lady, who we suspect is a member of Ember, attack last years king at Wellston." He paused and glared at me.

"And instead of calling the authorities, you attacked her." He shook his head. "Your not a superhero, and even if you were, what you did was stupid. So could you promise me... that you won't pull a stunt like this again?"

I calmed my ragged breaths down, and faced him with a passive expression. "Do you want me to tell you the truth?"

He nodded.

"If something like this happens again." I began. "I will protect whoever it is. Do you know why?"

He huffed in frustration, "you don't get it do you?!" He stood up. "You aren't strong enough! You may have the ability, but you don't have the experience! You don't have the knowledge!" He began to yell. "You depend solely on your ability!!!"

I furrowed my eyes. "And what do you suggest?" I asked stoically. "Not even you could have done it without your ability." It was my turn to stand up. "Nobody could have done it without their ability." I decided to push it farther. "Even she in the fight depended on her ability! So what are you trying to say?"

He slammed his fist on the table. "You are insolent!" He yelled, "I'm only trying to get you out of a problem that you caused."

I cocked my head. "How?!" I asked, my voice rising. "How did I do anything wrong?"

"Don't misunderstood it." The interviewer told me. "We all are grateful for you saving Rei. But now... we need to worry about the possibility that you might become a vigilante."

I froze. My throat went dry. If that were the case, becoming a hero would be ultimately impossible.

"That's why." The man said softer. "We just don't want you going the wrong path..."

I gulped. I knew that if they were to bring a lie detector. I would be done for.

"We just want what's best for you..." the man coaxed.

I sighed, I knew the truth. They just wanted the high tiers to be protected. I could tell that Ember and the authorities were connected. I just needed to figure out how.

"Hey Joan!" A female walked into the room. "You got the information?"

The man grinned, "I hope so." He teased. Looking at me jokingly.

The woman smiled. "Okay then girl." She pointed to the door. "Your done!"

I left the room, brooding at the situation. Then I remembered. Remi!!!

She had come to my rescue five minutes later I had called. And without question, brought me back to the school, where I had been questioned. I had no idea whether she had heard what had happened, or not.

I pulled out my phone. And put it to my ear.

"Ring..."

"Ring..."

"Ring..."

"Hello?"

I sighed in relief. "Remi." I said. "Are you okay?"

There was silence throughout the phone. I could hear some movements from the receiver.

"Yeah..." Remi mumbled softly.

Remi seemed sad. "Where are you?" I asked.

"The rooftop."

I turned around going towards the new destination.

"Meet you there." I told her. And I pressed the off button.

I wasn't that far from the roof anyway, so it didn't take long for me to get there. But I was very worried. I've never seem Remi go to the roof. And now that she did it willingly, it scared me a bit.

I reached the door, and paused at the door handle. 'She needs your comfort.' A voice in my head whispered.

Without hesitation, I opened the door.

"Hi."

I turned to the corner of the roof, where my best friend sat.

"Hi." I responded.

I walked toward her, slowly.

"Are you..." I hesitated. "Okay?"

I knew it was a dumb question to ask, but I wanted to know.

She shook her head, burying it in her arms.

I patted her on the back, soothingly.

She whispered something too soft for me to hear.

"What was that?" I asked.

"T-thank you." Remi repeated.

      I smiled, "no problem."

      Suddenly, the same woman from before opened the door.

      "Hey." She said, looking specifically at Remi. "Your brothers at the hospital of New Boston." She paused. "I was just heading over there, do you want to come?"

      Remi lit up. "I-is He Okay?" She asked fazed.

      The woman grinned. "He'll probably have a few pains for the next few days, but other than that, he would be good to go!"

      Remi stood up, and in one stride, was where the lady stood. "I would love to go!" She smiled. "Thank god he's okay!"

      The two, headed out the door.

      "Excuse me." I asked. "Is it okay if I come along?"

      Both Remi and the woman stared at me.

      "Of course!" The lady smiled, "the more the better!"

      * * * * *

We all arrived to the New Boston subway.

Remi looked excited and very grateful.

The lady looked relaxed and calm.

Me? I had no idea.

"The hospital is that way." The lady called out, pointing to a building far away.

Me and Remi both nodded.

"Since you." She said pointing to Remi, "Are related to him, you will be able to go in and check him immediately."

She pointed at both of us. "We will have to wait." She smiled. "But since I need to take you over there, I would technically be able to go in with you."

"And what about me?" I asked.

"You will have to wait." The woman told me. "We will come back in about a few hours or so, getting permission to bring you in."

"We can text." I told her, showing her my phone.

We exchanged numbers, and the two went on their way.

I huffed in annoyance. "What am I going to do now?"

I walked around the station, talking to myself so I didn't bore myself.

"F*ck you." I heard a person growl.

"I warned ya kid." A male voice stated. "You decided to not listen."

I turned around the corner, curious.

The scene shocked me a bit.

There was a kid, being held up by the collar of his shirt, grumbling a string of profanities.

Beside him, was a man who had a dark aura around him.

I narrowed my eyes. What was going on here?

"Get away!" The boy yelled.

The man turned to face me, his dark blue eyes staring at me.

"Well! It seems like I could get two for today!" The man threw the boy to the floor.

The boy crumpled to the ground, groaning in pain.

"Get out of here." He repeated.

The man was now only a meter away, and I activated my ability.

"Fighting two evil people in one day." I groaned. "Perfect."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 331 17
(Y/N), after hours of studying, finally got into Wellston Private Highschool. He wasn't all that overjoyed, he knew this place would be the same as i...
46.9K 1K 63
High school is pretty rough, but for Kami, things are going to change. Kami roams her new school, watching everyone fight or compete to be labeled as...
27.5K 934 32
(This story takes place in an alternate universe from the world of UnO, where the Royals of Wellston High are now the royals of the kingdom of Wellst...
15.1K 873 126
Cover Edit By Me This is Book 1 The twins; Zane & Zari, have enroll in Wellston High. They, along with their team, have a mission. To take down EMBER...