Definitely A Winchester {1}

By sleepyhaIo

"You know the rules." He said, raising an eyebrow in question, silently asking her to recite the rules. "Sta... More

CHARACTERS
INTRODUCTION
PROLOGUE
PROLOGUE
PROLOGUE
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
I NEED YOUR HELP
ATTENTION

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

8.7K 267 20
By sleepyhaIo

||CHAPTER FIFTEEN // REALIZATION||

Dean places the sleeping Dakota in the backseat of the impala, she murmurs something in her sleep but doesn't wake up. Dean takes a moment to collect his thoughts before sighing deeply and sliding into the driver seat. He hopes Dakota doesn't remember anything about visiting the past, especially her getting possessed by Azazel. He doesn't want her to remember anything from that case. Definitely not Azazel killing Deanna using Dakota's body.

Samuel's life ending was a different story, it wasn't Azazel who ended his life, it was Dean. It wasn't something he wanted to do, but after losing Deanna he was dead set on killing Dakota, wasting her meant Azazel's death. Dean wasn't going to let his grandfather murder his daughter, so they got into an argument, Dean tried to persuade him off the murder path. Samuel wasn't listening, he threw a couple punches, tears ran down his red face, he wanted to kill the demon who took his wife from him, no matter who it was possessing.

The fight had escalated and gotten worse, Dean fought him off but tried not to hurt him too badly. Samuel had Dean pinned to the ground, his hands wrapped around his throat, screaming in anger as he squeezed. Dean shifted and shoved against Samuel's hands from his neck. It was no use, Samuel was going to kill Dean. So the hunter reached for his gun, that had been knocked a few feet from him. His finger tips brushed the cold metal and he grasped at it. Samuel slammed his hand over Dean's, stopping him from grabbing the gun.

"Samuel, stop please." Dean gasped painfully, his throat raw.

The two fought for the gun, it was Dean who ended up winning. He pulled the trigger quickly, his plan was to just wound Samuel so he could find his daughter. Samuel moved at the last second when Dean fired, the bullet sailed into the man's heart, killing him. Dean sat beside Samuel's body for a few moments, just trying to process what had happened.

"Daddy?" A small voice croaks from the backseat, pulling Dean from his thoughts. His eyes cut to the rear view mirror and finds Dakota's wide green eyes staring at him in horror. Her face contorts as she releases a sob. "No no no." She mumbles to herself, her hands cover her face as she cries loudly.

Dean quickly pulls over the impala, his heart breaking at the devastating sounds his daughter is making. He gets out, sliding into the backseat and pulling Dakota onto his lap. She latches on to him quickly, crying into the crook of his neck.

"Shh shh, you're okay. It's okay now, it's over." He soothes, his hand going through her hair gently.

"I killed them. I almost killed you." She wails, the sound muffled by Dean's skin.

"Shh." Dean is quick to hush her, he gets out of the car, holding Dakota to his chest and starts to rock her--like he use to do when she was a baby.

"It was so horrible, it was so scary. I-I just wanted out." She says brokenly, her voice cracking slightly. Dean shuts his eyes tightly.

"I know, baby, I know. He won't ever touch you again, okay? He's dead, remember? He can't hurt you again." Dean assures, trying to make her feel better.

"He already hurt me." Dakota replies, sniffling harshly and burying her face deeper into her father's neck. "I killed grandpa and Deanna." She starts to cry again, her breathing stuttering as fast tears spill down her cheeks. "I killed grandpa, I killed him."

"No, you didn't, baby." Dean says, rubbing her back. "You didn't kill him, you didn't kill Deanna either. That wasn't you, okay? It wasn't you."

"It felt like me. I couldn't control my body, I tried so hard to fight. I tried, daddy, I really did." She pulls away from him to look at him, her expression nearly kills him on the spot. Her eyes wide, pleading with him to believe her.

"I know, baby. I saw back at the Campbell's, I saw you fighting against him. You put up one helluva fight too." Dean says gently cracking a tiny smile, Dakota sniffles again.

"Why me?" She asks, laying her head on Dean's shoulder. Dean sighs, knowing this question was probably going to come.

"I don't know, Kota. I wish I did, but I don't." Dean answers quietly, rocking her gently.

"I remember when he made me stab myself, I remember seeing your face. I wanted so badly to tell you I was okay, but I couldn't." She whispers, before she bolts up in Dean's arms.

He's barely able to catch her before she pushes away from him, jumping from his arms and lifting her shirt up a little bit. She looks at her stomach in confusion, she pokes her skin a couple times before Dean crouches beside her.

"Cas healed you." Dean answers her unasked question.

"Cas?"

"Yeah, he came to take us home and I made him heal you. You're okay." Dean places a hand on her shoulder.

"Where's uncle Sammy?" She asks, realizing that he wasn't with him. Dean's eyes widen as he remembers Castiel's warning for his brother.

"I know where he is, do you want to go see him?" Dean asks, not wanting to scare her especially after what she went through.

Dakota nods quickly, wiping her tears from her face and sniffling. Dean grabs her hand and helps her into the impala, pressing a kiss to her cheek before getting in the driver seat.

They quickly speed off towards the address that Castiel gave Dean.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

Dean holds Dakota as they creep around the building that Sam's in. They watch him through a grated wall, Dakota presses her lips together in attempt to be quiet. Dean told her that Sam didn't know they were coming, it was a surprise for him.

Sam seems to be interrogating someone tied to a chair, but Dakota is unable to hear what they're saying. She recognizes Ruby standing off to the side, beside the stranger tied up. Dakota realizes that Sam's getting angry, recognizing the harsh movement of his shoulders as he takes deep breathes to calm himself.

Sam throws his arm out towards the man, who starts choking and black smoke tumbles out of his mouth. Dakota gasps quietly, covering her mouth as she watches her uncle.

"What's he doing, daddy?" Dakota whispers to her dad quietly, her eyes not moving from the scene in front of her.

Dean is unable to answer, too shocked by his little brother's actions. He just pulled a demon from someone without saying anything. The ground around the demon starts smoking as he's shoved into hell.

Dean turns away from the sight, pulling Dakota away from the wall and turning so she can't see anymore.

"Let's go talk to Sam, okay?" Dean says stiffly, hiking Dakota up as she starts to slip from his side. She nods in reply, blinking tiredly and leaning her head against Dean's.

He opens the door into the building, it creaks loudly—which alerts the three people inside of their arrival. Dean glares at his brother as Sam sets the now demon free person down to sit.

"So..." Dean trails slightly, walking forward with his daughter. "Anything you want to tell us, Sam?"

"Dean, hold on, okay? Just let me--"

"You gonna say, 'let me explain'?" Dean interrupts. "You're gonna explain this? How about this? Why don't you start with who she is and what the hell is she doing here?"

"It's Ruby, daddy." Dakota answers tiredly, unaware that her knowledge just made Dean angrily. His glare on Sam turns angrier, scaring Sam slightly.

"It's good to see you again, Dean." Ruby says sarcastically. "Hey, Kota." The demon smiles at the girl, Dakota waves slightly in return.

"Ruby? It's Ruby?" Dean questions Sam, giving him a sarcastic smile.

Sam swallows harshly, before he glances at Dakota, he recognized the redness of her eyes and the puffiness, she's been crying. Dean places Dakota on the ground before shoving Ruby against the wall. The demon grunts in surprise as she's tackled.

Dean pulls out the demon knife, but Sam jumps in.

"Don't!" Sam shouts, getting between his brother and Ruby, fighting for the knife.

Dean easily pushes Sam away, Dakota gasps and hides behind some barrels as Ruby attacks her dad. She hates watching Sam and Dean fight, and she hates watching her dad get hurt. Ruby slams Dean against the same wall she was against, wrapping her hand around Dean's throat.

"Ruby, stop it." Sam orders loudly, standing up straight. Ruby and Dean glare at each other, Dean tries to free himself but he's unable to. Ruby loosens her grip and Dean shoves her away, glaring at her, before glancing at Sam.

"Well, aren't you an obedient little bitch?" Dean sneers.

"Ruby." Sam says. "Ruby...he's hurt." He jerks his head over to the guy he exorcised a demon from. "Go." Sam orders.

Ruby walks away from Dean, over to the hurt guy and pulling his arm around her shoulders.

"Where the hell do you think you're going?" Dean demands, taking a step forward.

"The E.R...unless you want to go another round first." She taunts, the guy leaning on her coughs quietly, Ruby stares at Dean for another second before carrying the man out of the room.

Dean looks down, Dakota peeks out before running to her father, crashing into his legs. Dean glares over at Sam slowly

"Dean." Sam says pleadingly. Dean doesn't respond, instead he picks up Dakota and walks away from his brother. "Dean!" Sam calls, Dakota watches her uncle sadly as her dad carries her away.

Edited 4/23/19

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.5K 680 14
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the supernatural characters such as Sam and Dean etc. They belong to CW network. Warning: this book may contain coars...
80.4K 1.5K 28
What would you do when you're getting hunted by the enemies of your father? I decide to try and live a human life as much as possible. But ofcourse t...
53.9K 2K 24
After living her life as a hunter for almost a year now, Emma Winchester thinks that nothing can surprise her. But she's wrong. When a new threat ris...
803K 22.5K 25
[Dean Winchester kid au] "You really are Dean's kid." Warning: this was my first book, and the writing is really cringy. You've been warned.