UnOrdinary: What if?

By BookWormDevil

What if John hadn't learned from the Readjustment Facility? What if, instead, he felt a need for revenge on a... More

Chapter #1 John
Chapter #2 Seraphina
Chapter #3 John
Chapter #5 John
Chapter #6 Seraphina
Chapter #7 John
Chapter #8 Seraphina
Chapter #9 John
New Years Special Edition
Chapter #10 Seraphina
Chapter #11 John
Chapter #12 Seraphina
Chapter #13 John
Chapter #14 Seraphina
Chapter #15 John
Chapter #16 Seraphina
Chapter #17 John
Chapter #18 Seraphina
Chapter #19 John
Chapter #20 Seraphina
Chapter #21 John
Valentines Day Special Edition
Chapter #22 Seraphina
Chapter #23 John
Chapter #24 Seraphina
Chapter #25 John
Chapter #26 Seraphina
Bonus (Little Special)
Chapter #27 John
Chapter #28 Seraphina
Chapter #29 John
Chapter #30 Seraphina
Chapter #31 John
Chapter #32 Seraphina
The Little Bonus
Chapter #33 John
Chapter #34 Seraphina
Chapter #35 John
Chapter #36 Seraphina
Chapter #37 John
Chapter #38 Seraphina
Chapter #39 John
Chapter #40 Seraphina
Chapter #41 John
Chapter #42 Seraphina
Chapter #43 John
Chapter #44 Seraphina
Chapter #45 John
Chapter #46 Seraphina
Chapter #47 John
Chapter #48 Seraphina
Chapter #49 John
Chapter #50 S P E C I A L
Chapter #51 Seraphina
Chapter #52 John
Chapter #53 Seraphina
Chapter #54 John
Chapter #55 Seraphina
Chapter #56 John
Chapter #57 Seraphina
Chapter #58 John
Chapter #59 Seraphina (The End)

Chapter #4 Seraphina

7.7K 153 34
By BookWormDevil

Life is full of surprises!
   You don't know what will hit you!

      I relaxed my head against the fluffy pillow, my covers didn't cover me at all, and I continued to stare at the ceiling as if it held all the answers. The phone had stopped buzzing with new messages, and I held comfort in knowing that Elaine didn't know. Remi had constantly kept messaging me, threats, confusion, and worry filled her messages.

      Phone:

      Remi: ...

      Seraphina: You don't mind, right?

      Remi: what the hell??!!

      Remi: please tell me you are joking!!

      Remi: have you gone insane?

      Seraphina: Stop, hear me out, it's not for the reasons you think.

      Remi: Why would I hear you out? You aren't making any sense!

      Seraphina: Look, you told me to do something I enjoyed, and this is it. If I do this, I will shame my mother, and she will no longer try to control me. After that, I can do what I please, I would still get good grades, and harness my ability, but I will be more free.

      Remi: It's still really crazy!

      Seraphina: I know, you just need to understand my perspective.

      Remi: Well I can't do that by texting, it's Sunday tomorrow, are you free?

      Seraphina: I only have,
               -Turf Wars
              -Job interview

      Remi: You have a job interview??? Since when do you work??

      Seraphina: Think about it, the day I tell my mom I'm a vigilante, is the day I will no longer have her supporting my loans.

      Remi: That's just plain sad, why do you want to shame your mother if this will be a problem?

      Seraphina: I've had enough, and besides, I was planning on getting a job anyway. I wanted to get some experience for my future careers.

      Remi: Fine, But be careful, if all your expenses are being cut off, then I think you will need more than just a part time job.

Seraphina: Not exactly, my mother paid all my school fees, I mean all of them. Now, all I need to do, is get money for food, water, and personal stuff.

Remi: Well that makes it a lot easier, but back on topic, are you free tomorrow?

Seraphina: Yes I am, from 2-4 I have Turf Wars, you do too, and from 8-10 Elaine decided to force me into a movie night. So my morning and lunch are free. In the after noon, me and Elaine clean our dorm.

Remi: Sounds good! How about lunch at the mall?

Seraphina: That works, still, I am still getting used to the fact that I am going out for lunch or dinner. So please don't bring me anywhere I don't know, okay?

Remi: Fine, But remember, if you are going to be free soon, then you need to get accustomed to these types of things.

Seraphina: We will see, besides, who said in my free time, I was going to spend it in cafes or restaurants?

      Remi: Me

      Seraphina: Well if that's all you have to say, then I got to go.

      Remi: Fine, see you tomorrow!

      Seraphina: Okay.

      That was the conversation we had, and now, I was on my bed, deciding whether the decision I made was the right one, or not. I had no way of knowing, and that drives me crazy, the only thing that kept me going, was my instinct. But then again, I now had hormones, so how would I know if I was sane or not?

      "Seraphina!" Elaine called, "are you ready to make dinner?"

      I stood up and walked over to the kitchen, "Yes," I told her curtly.

      She nodded, "what do you want to eat far dinner?"

      I shook my head, "I really can't decide, what do you want to eat?"

      She widened her eyes, "really? But today is your turn, I chose last time!"

      I shrugged, " I told you, I don't know, what do you want?"

      "Okay!" She said happily, she turned to me, "I took one of the recipe books from the cafeteria!"

      My arms unconsciously crossed themselves, "you what!?"

      She lifted the book higher, grinning, "the triple chocolate cake recipe!"

      "So let me get this straight," I growled, "you stole a book from the cafeteria, and now you want to cook their sacred recipe? You know that isn't aloud, they prohibited anyone from knowing the recipe!"

    "I know," she told me, twiddling her fingers, "but I'm only borrowing it! Besides, I already put the recipe down on paper! You want some too!"

      "No..." I began to say, but then I remembered what Remi had said. "Okay," I relieved a big sigh, "but return this as fast as you can tomorrow, Okay?

      She nodded excitedly, "let's begin!!!"

                                                                                        * * * * *

      We both stared proudly at the marble brown chocolate deliciousness in front of us.

      "High five!" Elaine smiled, holding up her hand.

      "Uhm, Okay?" I responded, confused, as I gently pressed my open hand onto hers.

      "Now!" She said with complete awe, "let's try it!"

      I nervously reached toward the cake, knife in hand, I delicately cut it in eight. Taking out two of the pieces, and serving it on our plates. "So this is dinner?" I asked, "if it is, we need to eat healthy for the rest of the week."

      She nodded, not looking at me, she had tasted it, and I could tell that she was in pure bliss.
"Seraphina!" She laughed, "how did we make this? Is literally taste the exact same!!"

      I rolled my eyes, Elaine loved to exaggerate, and their was no way that it was that good. So I put the mouthful into my mouth, and boy was I wrong! The sweet sugar coated icing melted in my mouth. The prominent juicy moist cake was soft as I bit into it, and the filling was like tasting water for the first time.
"Mmmmm," I said smiling, "you weren't exaggerating!"

      She nodded, "well, since I wrote the recipe down on paper," she paused. "Do you want to keep making it?"

     I nodded, "tomorrow is movie night, so we could finish the rest of the cake then." I grinned, "and on Monday, we could continue to bake to our hearts content!"

      "Okay!" She whispered, "I'm going to bed now." She looked at the clock, "it's already 10:30! Besides, we have Turf Wars tomorrow!"

      I headed to my bedroom, putting some clothes to sleep in and a sweater, because it usually got cold, and I needed to get the chocolate out of my mouth. I didn't want cavities. After that, I flopped on my bed, turning off the light, and putting a feather light blanket over me. The overwhelming thoughts never left me, and they only ended up increasing. What if I got hurt, what if my mother disowned me?

I stood up, deciding that laying around wouldn't help me at all. The window was open, and I peered out. Our room wasn't that far below, and if I wanted to, I could make the jump...

"No!" I whispered, what was I thinking? I couldn't cross the rules! I couldn't! Right?

      "You aren't happy! Because none of these things you listed before are something that you really want! Besides, you are always alone, studying or training something! When will you take a break?"

      That memory came back, why was I thinking about that now? Then it came to me, I wanted to be rebellious, I wanted to be reckless, I wanted to have friends. In the end, I wanted to be a normal teenager.

      So I looked at the ground and smiled, I could still act like the pretty idol everyone saw me as, but who said that I had to be that way?

      I put my foot on the window sill, and I jumped. If I ever thought that it would be simple, jump, stay upright, and land. I was wrong, I got the jump right, but the exhilarating feeling of flying in the air was amazing. My gasp was cut short, because soon enough, my feet hit the ground, and I fell backwards from the impact. An agonizing feel made its way up my legs, and if I was any other high tier, I would have healed them. But I knew that if I did that, my eyes would glow, and that would alert any person on watch that I was here. I now was glad that I decided to put a sweater on, it was cold.

So instead, I stood up, the pain in my legs a distant memory, and I stared at the giant gateway. How was I going to get over? Suddenly I knew.

Last Friday, there had been some talk about a secret gateway at the side of the boys dorm, apparently, some people blasted it in the day. And at night, they put some sticks so it didn't look suspicious, and you could easily remove them. I had to make sure that no one saw me, or rumours would spread quickly.

I secretly moved toward the bus dorm, going behind the school, flashlights filled the area, scouters looking for any wanderers. But I wasn't just any wanderer, I was fast, strong, and knew the area like the back of my hand. I fled quickly to the boys dorm, as fast I could, without using my ability. Then I saw the chipped wall.

If I was one of the people looking for any wanderers, I wouldn't be able to see it, but since I knew what I was looking for, it was a lot easier to identify. I carefully removed the sticks, and the hole was visible. I slipped through, covering the sticks right after. After that, I ran.

The adrenaline pumped through my veins, it was amazing! I felt like I could do anything, and I at last, turned my ability on. My sea blue eyes illuminated the dark streets, and I, fast as lightning, ran.

It was beautiful, the moon, gave a little bit of light, and I could hear the distant whooshes made by the wind. I relaxed on one of the alley walls, and my eyes dimmed. As much as I wanted to explore, something told me it was dangerous. I crept forward, the darkness made it hard to see. Until I heard a gasp.

      I turned around, and scanned the area, the gasp had come from the other side of the alleyway. As quietly as I could, I made my way over to the other side. Two figures were standing, one had almost a minty coloured messy hair, while the other had almost like a blonde hair, a neat bun on her head. A female and a male.

      The woman held the man down to the wall, I could see black claws, almost like Meili's ability, just stronger. The man was huffing, almost like he was in pain, the more I looked at the two of them, and the more I came closer, I could tell now that...

      The man was... Rei.

      My instincts kicked in, and before the woman could stab her claws through Rei, I dove in, pushing her to the side. The momentum was too much for me, and I ended up falling on top of the woman.

      If I needed to get her away, I needed to sound terrifying, and I couldn't let her know I just had slipped and fallen on her, so I put up an act.

      "So," I grinned, "violent aren't we?" I grabbed her hair, and tried to convince myself to pretend it was a classmate who had bonked into me. And not an adult that had beaten Rei, beaten Rei. That was almost impossible!

      She growled at me "I don't want to hurt you, girl, but if you don't get off, I will have to force you myself."

      I smirked in return, "you think you are the only one with a cool ability here?"

      She didn't smile, "I gave you a warning." And with that, her hand lit on fire, and suddenly, I understood.

      Her ability included Meili's claws, and a burning fire, the two combined was enough to scare me, besides, who knew what else she had? I jerked myself off of her, and ran in front of Rei, who was on the floor, looking at me dazed. Her attacks were fast, but not as fast as mine. The two of us squared off, hitting and defending. I got a few burns on my arms, but nothing too severe, my legs still cried in pain, and the pain became a lot more prominent.

      She hit to my left, and I decided that I should probably stop playing games with her, so I froze everything. Most importantly, her. I sent 5 hard blows toward her chest, and finished off by grabbing her arm, and twisting it. When I released it all, she was sent flying backwards. My feet stood in a fighting position, and I prepared myself for more, instead, she fled. I relaxed, and all the pain and emotions came back.

      I dropped to my knees, shaking, I leaned against the alley wall, and took deep breaths in and out.

      I turned to Rei, "Hey," I muttered, "Are you okay?"

      He was shaking as he turned to me, "Is s-she g-gone?" He croaked.

      I nodded, and walked to his side, "are you okay?" I repeated.

      He looked at me, panting, and then. He fainted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.5K 934 32
(This story takes place in an alternate universe from the world of UnO, where the Royals of Wellston High are now the royals of the kingdom of Wellst...
50.7K 1.6K 23
Taking his fathers words to heart, John Doe returns to Wellston with the intention of expelling himself from the hierarchy; attempting to turn over a...
50.7K 1.1K 52
Seraphina is a goddess, John is (questionably) trying to be better, Remi and Blyke are giving him a second chance, Elaine is dumb while Isen is weird...
46.9K 1K 63
High school is pretty rough, but for Kami, things are going to change. Kami roams her new school, watching everyone fight or compete to be labeled as...