Queen; Shawn Mendes

Bởi ILLUMlNATE

"Does it really bother you so much that someone for once, doesn't bow down to you?" ... Xem Thêm

Character Visuals + Summary
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six

eight

3.8K 145 63
Bởi ILLUMlNATE

Chapter 8:
Drunk

Shawn

One, two, three, four, five. Five drinks. That's how many Ophelia had, I was going to leave after a drink or two of mine. But the more she drank the more giggly and talkative she got. About nothing and everything. I found Ophelia extremely annoying. With her snarky attitude and smirk when she won over Stan Mitchel.

But drunk Ophelia, now she was entertaining. She wasn't being witty or rude, her nose wasn't in my business. I found her a lot less annoying than usual. But I wasn't a babysitter, and I still hated the fact that she stole one of my clients from under me.

"But I feel like more like Chandler." She said sitting up fast like she just remembered the best thing.

"Ophelia can you drink the water?" Max asked her as he began to clean up the bar counter.

It was ten at night, we had officially been here for four hours. The place was closed and only Ophelia, Max, and I were here. Max was my roommate, which explained why I always spent my time after work here. Well that and because I hated being alone in the house. Unless I was taking some girl home then that's different.

Ophelia's friend, Cate I believe her name was, left with her boyfriend an hour ago. Her boyfriend offered to take both of them home but Ophelia said she was fine and didn't want to go. She was stubborn when she was drunk.

Ophelia nodded to Max before grabbing the glass of water. She then started to drink it, or chug it, making more of a mess on the counter. Max chuckled as he had to wipe down the counter again. I don't know how he has so much patience, drunk Ophelia was fun for two hours. Then she went back to annoying.

"But t-then I feel like all of them." She said making no sense whatsoever. I didn't even know what she was saying.

I leaned against my hand looking from her to Max. I was like a kid that was forced to be with his parents in a place he didn't want to be. I was bored and tired and wanted nothing more than to go home. Though Max is the closer, he's the one to lock up every night. Normally it's just us two, and i watch tv till he's done.

But now I'm stuck here watching a drunk Ophelia rant about Friends. I could tell it was her favorite tv show without her actually saying it. She's been talking about it for the last thirty minutes.

"I wished I had a cute friends group." She sighed as she went to lean back in her stool but began to tilt to the left.

She let out a yelp as she lost her balance. Max attempted to somehow catch her from behind the bar but that was an utter fail. I watched as she fell, she landed on the floor with a loud thud. Ophelia didn't get up and luckily all the barstools were up so she didn't hit her head.

Though she was laying down on the floor and staring up at the ceiling. Her hair was sprawled out around her head. She rested her hands on her stomach as she slowly breathed in and out.

"You know what would be really cool? If the ceiling was made of glass and you could see the stars as you laid on the floor." Ophelia thought out loud.

I shook my head and looked over at Max, "You're such a dick." He muttered as he threw the rag in the sink.

"What?" I asked not knowing why he called me a dick.

Max walks around the counter and towards Ophelia, "Come on up Ophelia. We have to get you home." He told her as he reached down to her and pulled her up.

"We?" I asked sitting up and grabbing my coat.

Max got Ophelia to her feet, her legs gave out a little but he caught her, "Yes we. Now please grab her coat and purse."

    "I don't remember signing up to be a babysitter or chauffeur. Can't we order her an Uber or something?" I asked as we walked out of the Bar.

    When we got out Max had to lock up before we were able to leave. But he seemed to struggle a bit with holding a drunk Ophelia.

    "Can you help?" Max asked looking at me.

    I rolled my eyes before walking towards him. I thought he was going to allow me to look for the keys in his pockets. But he didn't, the second I got close to him he handed me Ophelia. Her dead weight threw me off at first, but she was actually pretty light. I wrapped my arm around her waist holding her close to me.

    She then wrapped one arm around my neck before leaning her head against me. The smell of Cinnamon and alcohol drifted into my nose. I always thought she was someone who smelled like lavender or coconut. But no, she smelled like cinnamon, like Christmas.

    "Alright, there." Max said out loud bringing me out of my thoughts.

    I looked at him as he walked over to me fully prepared to hand her back to him. But instead he took her purse from me and looked through it.

    "I don't think you're allowed to look through a woman's purse." I told him as I readjusted my grip on her.

    "I'm looking for, ah I found them." He said before pulling out her keys that jingled.

    "What are you going to do?" I asked.

    Max rolled his eyes, "Drive her home in her car obviously. I'm not leaving her expensive car here, she drives a 2018 Bentley Continental GT!" He said excitedly as he looked around the street.

"And what about our cars?" I asked.

"If it makes you feel better, I'll drive her in her car and you can follow behind. That way you can drive me here and I can pick up my car." He suggested as we turned around and headed towards her sleek black car.

I never drove a Bentley, I drove a 2019 Mercedes-Benz C-Class. But I knew Bentley's were really nice as well. This girl wasn't kidding when she said she made a little less than half of what I did. After I seen her at the banquet I had no doubt that she made just about the same as me. Especially when I found out who she was exactly.

"I'll drive her, take my Mercedes." I told him before digging into my pocket to grab my key.

I tossed it to him and he caught it, "Are you sure? You seemed to really hate her, and didn't catch her from falling. Maybe I should drive her before you drive her into a lake." Max joked.

I nodded, "I do hate her, but I want to drive a Bentley."

    "Fine, but I'm following so don't think about going into a lake." He warned as he unlocked her car and opened the passengers side.

    We both worked together to get Ophelia into the car. I wasn't even sure how we managed to not drop her or hit her head. Max gave me the keys before he put her seatbelt on and shut the door. I didn't even realize that she passed out standing up when I was holding her.

    I walked around and got into the driver seat. It sill smelled like a new car, the console was still nice and shinny. I started up the car and realized I had no idea where she lived. I clicked on the monitor that was above the console. There was a maps app, luckily for me when I clicked on it, there was a quick route to 'home'.

    It then gave me directions to her house. After I seen Max get into my car I put it in drive and drove away from the bar. As we approached her neighborhood I realized how normal all the houses were. I expected her to live somewhere like Max and I. We lived in a huge house in a gated area.

    She lived in a suburban neighborhood. Ones that look like kids run around playing and they throw block parties. As I got closer to her house I noticed that it was gated. I seen a button at the top of her car and figured it was for the gate. I clicked on it and waited a few seconds before the white metal gates opened.

    I pulled into her driveway and parked the car. I cut the engine before getting out and shutting the door. I walked around and carefully opened the passengers side door. I reached over and it was awkward due to how tall and muscular I was. I unbuttoned her seat belt before shaking her.

    "Ophelia," I said softly as I shook her shoulder, "Ophelia." I said a little more loud and sternly.

    "Hmm." She hummed.

    "You're home, I'm not going to carry you in. I'm not a slave, your royal highness." I told her really not wanting to carry her.

    "Mmhmm." Ophelia hummed once again.

    She didn't stir, or even open an eye. Shit, she wasn't going to be waking up anytime soon. Maybe I should roll down the windows and just let her sleep in her car. I'm a dick to her but I'm not that much of a dick. I groaned in annoyance, I was really going to carry her.

    "Shit." I mumbled before carefully picking her up and getting her out.

    I made sure to grab her purse before shutting the door. I readjusted my grip on her as I held her in both my arms, her head resting against my shoulder. I could hear her soft little snores by my ear. I also felt her warm breath hitting my neck.

    I walked over to her front door and somehow managed to unlock the door as well as not lose my gripping on her. I opened the door and the house was dark and quiet. I walked in and looked around for a light switch. Once I found it I looked around, her house was small but really nice.

    I walked to the right and saw that there was just an office and living room. Surely the bedroom wasn't there, I then walked back and went in the other direction. I passed by the kitchen, dining room, and laundry room before finding two rooms at the end. I opened both just to see one was a guest bedroom.

    "Thank god." I muttered as I found the master bedroom.

    I quickly walked over to her bed and laid her down. She let go of me and turned on her side to grip the pillow. I stood up and stretched before putting her purse down on her bed next to her.

    "Goodnight shawn." She yawned.

    I turned towards her and narrowed my eyes, "We're you awake this whole time?" I asked in disbelief.

    "Yup, thanks for Royal treatment I'll make sure to give you five stars." Ophelia told me as she opened her eyes and looked at me, a smirk on her lips.

    I shook my head, "You're unbelievable. Never again Ramirez." I told her now annoyed.

    "There's the angry Shawn I know." She said as she snuggled into the pillow more.

    I turned around and walked towards the door, "You're a pain in my ass!" I yelled before walking out of her room.

    I walked down the hall of her house and shut the front door behind me. The gate closed but there was a door to go out. I unlocked it and pulled it open before walking out and allowing it to lock behind me.

    I walked over to my Mercedes feeling very annoyed. I got into the passengers seat and didn't make a sound.

    "So what happened?" Max asked.

    "I don't want to talk about it, can we go get your car now? I want to go home." I told him feeling very irritated.

    "Fine." He said before putting the car in drive and heading back towards the Bar.

    Today was extremely long.

Authors Note//
I'm sorry if there's any mistake it's late and I started nodding off lmfaooo
Let me know what you think
Until Next Time Peace Lovelies✌🏼💚

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

3.9K 106 25
"Do you do this with every girl you think is pretty or am I special?" "You're very special. You're my sapphire. You're my introspection and meditati...
348K 13.2K 68
"There's no safety net that's underneath, I'm free fallin' all in you..." ••• Fate has a funny way of working...
33K 1.3K 67
''Camila, you know it's been a long time coming.'' ''We can't keep doing this, Shawn.'' I sob, aware that my heart is breaking as well as his. ''I re...
501K 13K 49
"See, I remember how you felt on that day, But I forget all the faces except one, And what hurts the most is that I'll never know what we could've be...