Piper ~ H.S

By Shani_Shana99

❝Mummy, why can't you marry Harry Styles?❞ *** 21-year-old Leah Marrone was never successful in love. But she... More

Piper ~ H.S
~Prologue~
~One~
~Two~ *
~Three~ *
~Four~ *
~Five~ *
~Six~ *
~Seven~ *
~Eight~ *
~Nine~ *
~Ten~ *
~Eleven~ *
~Twelve~ *
~Thirteen~ *
~Fourteen~ *
~Fifteen~ *
~Sixteen~
~Seventeen~
~Eighteen~
~Nineteen~
~Twenty~ *
~Twenty-One~ *
~Twenty-Two~ *
~Twenty-Three~ *
~Twenty-Four~
~Twenty-Five~ *
~Twenty-Six~ *
~Twenty-Seven~ *
~Twenty-Eight~
~Twenty-Nine~
~Thirty~
~Thirty-One~
~Thirty-Two~
~Thirty-Three~
~Thirty-Four~
~Thirty-Five~
~Thirty-Six~
~Thirty-Seven~ *
~Thirty-Eight~
~Thirty-Nine~
~Forty~
~Forty-One~
~Forty-Two~
~Forty-Three~
~Forty-Four~
~Forty-Five~
~Forty-Six~
~Forty-Seven~
~Forty-Eight~
~Forty-Nine~
Very Important - Please Read
~Fifty~
~Fifty-One~
~Fifty-Two~
~Fifty-Three~
~Fifty-Four~
~Fifty-Five~
~Fifty-Six~
~Fifty-Seven~
~Fifty-Eight~
~Fifty-Nine~
~Sixty~
~Sixty-One~
~Sixty-Two~
~Sixty-Three~
~Sixty-Four~
~Sixty-Five~ *
~Sixty-Six~
~Sixty-Seven~
~Sixty-Eight~
~Sixty-Nine~
~Seventy~
~Seventy-One~
~Seventy-Two~
~Seventy-Three~
~Seventy-Four~
~Seventy-Five~
~Seventy-Six~
~Seventy-Seven~
~Seventy-Eight~
~Seventy-Nine~
~Eighty~
~Eighty-One~
~Eighty-Two~
~Eighty-Three~
~Eighty-Five~
~Eighty-Six~ *
~Eighty-Seven~
~Eighty-Eight~~
~Eighty-Nine~
~Ninety~
~Ninety-One~
~Ninety-Two~
~Ninety-Three~
~Ninety-Four~
~Ninety-Five~
~Ninety-Six~
I'm Back!!
~Ninety-Seven~
~Ninety-Eight~
~Ninety-Nine~
~Chapter 100~
~Chapter 101~
~Chapter 102~
~Chapter 103~
~Chapter 104~
~Chapter 105~
~Chapter 106~
~Chapter 107~
~Chapter 108~
~Chapter 109~
~Chapter 110~
~Chapter 111~
~Chapter 112~
~Chapter 113~

~Eighty-Four~

30.3K 886 647
By Shani_Shana99

A/N (26 Nov): Omg I feel like I've been hungover all day today wow

~Harry~

"Alright Harry, what we're going to do today is start challenging all the negative thoughts that you experience when you're away from your family, and then we're going to balance them out with more helpful thinking which should help you cope a little bit better. And then, before we finish, we'll work on learning some new methods to help you calm yourself down if you get an anxiety attack. Sound good?" Scott asked me.

"Yeah, it does," I replied with a nod.

"Right, so, why don't you start off by telling me exactly why you get so anxious when you're away from Leah, or your daughter? What are you afraid of?"

"Well..." I bit my lip, "usually, it's because...because I worry about how Leah's coping when I'm not around. Like...what if she's not being taken care of properly, o-or what if something bad happens to her while I'm gone, and I'm not there to help her through it? I mean, sh-she's a pregnant woman. She's so vulnerable right now, a-and anything could happen to her..." I let out a shaky sigh.

"OK," Scott nodded slowly, "I do see where you're coming from. But I want you to think about this: do you think you could be confusing 'possibility' with 'certainty'?"

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"What I mean is, while it is possible that something bad might happen to Leah while you're gone, how likely is it?" He continued, "do you suppose you might be falling into what we call a 'thinking trap?' Do you think you may be overestimating Leah's vulnerability, and how much danger she's actually in?"

"Well..." I bit my lip, "I...I don't really know..."

"Is there anyone around to take care of Leah while you're gone, Harry?"

"Yeah..." I nodded, "my mother does."

"So, that should decrease the likelihood of something bad happening to Leah since your mother is there to take care of her, yes?"

"Yeah, it should, but..." I sighed again, "I just hate not being able to take care of her myself..." I lowered my eyes.

"I know. And it is this type of attitude that's influencing your thinking. Your judgement of Leah's security in your absence is being based on the way you feel instead of on facts. I know you want to be there for her – but remember that she's still well looked-after when you're not."

"Yeah...that's true..." I began to nod, "that's true. My mum is an amazing caregiver."

"There you go! Those are the more positive thoughts we're looking for!" Scott smiled at me.

At his words, I smiled back and let out a chuckle.

"Thanks, Scott," I said, "I guess I really am getting the hang of this."

***

~Leah~

The sound of my ringtone blasting out startled me since I was just about to doze off on the couch. But when I picked up my phone and realized Harry was calling, I instantly forgot all about how tired I was feeling and accepted the call straight away.

"Hi, baby!" I spoke up as soon as I answered.

"Hey gorgeous," I could tell he was smiling which I took as a good sign, "How are you? Are you good?"

"Yeah, I'm alright. I'm actually pretty tired today, but otherwise I'm good," I replied, "what about you? Have you done your therapy session yet?"

"Yeah, I just finished," he said.

"How did it go?!" I was so anxious to hear if this treatment was helping or not.

"It...actually went better than I expected," he replied, "I feel a lot calmer now after talking things through with Scott. I really think he could help me kick this thing."

I instantly felt a wave of relief wash over me as soon as I heard his words.

"Oh my gosh, that's amazing!" I knew I was grinning from ear to ear, "You have no idea how happy I am to hear that, Harry!"

Harry chuckled. "I think I have a bit of an idea," he then sighed, "I do feel better, but I still miss you so much."

My face softened. "I miss you too, Harry. But next week, you're coming home again, remember?"

"Of course. And I can't wait," I knew he was smiling again, "I'm so excited to see you, Leah. And Piper, and our beautiful baby."

"We're all excited to see you too," I replied warmly, "especially Piper – as per usual."

"Is she around?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, your mum's just picked her up from school. She's giving her an afternoon snack right now."

"Can I speak to her?"

"Your mum?"

"No – Piper. Well, my mum too, I guess," Harry chuckled again.

"Oh," I giggled, "sure. Just give me a minute."

I rose to my feet and made my way to the dining room where Anne was sitting with Piper – who was munching on a cheese toastie.

"Piper?" I spoke with a smile, "Guess who wants to speak to you?"

"Who?" Piper asked through a mouth full of toastie.

"Come get the phone and see," my smile grew as I held the phone out to her.

Piper hopped off her chair and made her way over – carefully taking my phone with both hands and holding it to her ear.

"Hello?" She began – and then she let out a huge gasp straight after, "DADDY!" The brightest smile instantly spread across her face.

I chuckled fondly and watched as I heard Harry speak to her indistinctly.

"I'm good!" Piper spoke again with a giggle, "I miss you, daddy! When are you coming home? When next week?"

Piper listened patiently as Harry spoke again – but since Piper still wasn't quite used to holding a cell phone, she accidentally hit the speaker button somehow – and I could suddenly hear everything Harry was saying.

"Monday is only five sleeps away, Piper," he was telling her with a tender voice, "that's very, very soon, sweetheart."

"YAY!" Piper giggled again – seemingly unbothered by the fact that the call was now on speaker, "I'm gonna count every sleep!"

I heard Harry chuckle. "I'll be counting them too, Piper. I miss you so much."

His words instantly made Piper's whole face light up.

"I love you, daddy!" She said happily.

"I love you more, Piper," Harry replied warmly, "now, is it OK if I speak to Anne, my mum?"

"'Anne'?" Piper was momentarily confused, "You mean nana?"

"'Nana'?" Harry seemed surprised at Piper's new term for Anne, "Er...yeah, that's who I mean. Where is she?"

Anne chuckled and rose from the table to make her way over and let Piper give her the phone. She then took it off the speaker before holding it to her ear.

"Hello, darling!" She said, "How did the counselling session go?"

She listened to Harry's response – but whatever he said only seemed to make her chuckle again.

"I might have been encouraging her a little bit, yes," she replied cheekily, "but you didn't answer my question, love. How was the counselling?"

I decided to give the two of them some time to speak alone – so I took Piper's plate with her toastie on it off the dining table and told her she could finish it in the living room. I followed her out and closed the door behind me so that Anne could continue talking to Harry in private.

~Harry~

"The counselling went really well, yeah," I told my mum with a nod, "it really helped me calm down today. I'm looking forward to the next session."

"Oh, that's wonderful!" I could tell she was smiling, "Now – just to change the subject, I was talking to Leah earlier today, and she told me the most shocking thing."

"What?" My eyes widened a little, "What do you mean? I-Is she OK?"

"Oh yes, she's absolutely fine. It's you I'm shocked at," she said, "she told me that the two of you haven't even talked about getting married! Please tell me she was lying!"

"Oh my God, mum," I groaned, "please tell me you haven't been trying to talk her into marrying me."

"Of course not, darling. I've merely been encouraging it."

"You mean like how you're encouraging Piper to call you 'nana'?" I asked her with a raised eyebrow.

Anne chuckled. "Exactly. And it paid off in the end, didn't it?"

"Where exactly is this conversation going?"

"Nowhere in particular. But I was just so surprised, Harry. You've been going out with Leah for a year and a half, and the topic of marriage hasn't even come up in your conversation?"

"How exactly would I bring something like that up?" I challenged her, "'Oh, by the way, Leah, I don't suppose you want to talk about us getting married, by any chance'?"

"You don't have to make it sound all awkward like that, darling."

I groaned again. "Can we stop talking about this now? You're starting to sound like Gemma."

"No, we can't stop talking about it," she said firmly, "what's wrong with wanting to see my little baby married to a lovely girl like Leah?"

"Mum!" I felt my face starting to turn red.

"What? It's true," she insisted, "she's pregnant with your child, you're adopting her child...I don't see why you shouldn't complete the picture with a wedding. Oh, it would be so lovely, Harry – I can already imagine it. Can't you?"

"Mum, you are being very embarrassing right now," I felt my blush deepen, "I swear to God, if Leah's in the same room-"

"Oh no, of course not. I'm not that cruel," she replied with a chuckle, "she's already stepped out with Piper."

I sighed in relief. "Look, you think I haven't imagined me and Leah's wedding? Of course I have. I just...I don't know how to bring it up, mum. You said it yourself – I'm so awkward about it, and I don't even know why."

"You don't need to feel awkward, Harry – you have no reason to. Leah is your partner. You can talk to her about anything," she told me, "I'm sorry if you think I'm pressuring you into it, darling. Leah just makes you so happy, and I love seeing it. I always want what's best for you, and I've seen more than enough proof over the past year and a half that it's Leah. And I would just love it so much to see you settling down with her."

"I don't even think Leah's ready to talk about marriage, mum," I said.

"Oh, I think you'd be surprised," she chuckled once more.

"OK, I think I'm gonna call you back later," I was desperate to change the subject, "can you say goodbye to Leah for me? I really have to go."

"Oh, alright," I could imagine her rolling her eyes, "but you can't avoid the subject forever, Harry."

"Bye mum," I said quickly.

"Oi, steady on! Not so hasty, thank you!" She said, "A little 'I love you, mum' would be nice."

"Sorry," I replied, "I love you, mum."

"That's better. I love you too, sweetheart," she said, "bye-bye now."

She hung up the call first – and once she did, I immediately let out a long sigh.

Maybe she has a point.

Me and Leah have been together for so long...but we haven't even talked about our future together. Not properly, at least.

"Harry!" Jeffrey's excited voice suddenly interrupted my thoughts, "Harry, have you finished your counselling session?"

"Yeah," I replied with a nod, "why? What's up?"

"What's up? Oh mate, I've just had the best news," he grinned at me, "you're not gonna believe this."

***

~Leah~

"DADDYYY!!" Piper screamed excitedly as she ran out of the house towards the car Harry was climbing out of, "DADDY, YOU'RE BACK!! After five sleeps, just like you said!!"

Harry laughed and lifted the delighted Piper in his arms – kissing her all over her face which made her burst into happy giggles.

"It's my little baby!" Harry beamed at her, "I missed you so much!"

Piper threw her arms around his neck and hugged him tight – giggling even more as Harry kissed her over and over again. And when he finally put her down, he started making his way over to me straight away – but I beat him to it by running towards him before he could get to me.

I threw my arms around him as soon as he was close enough, and I gasped as he suddenly lifted me into the air and spun me around.

"Oh, Leah..." he muttered with a warm chuckle before setting me down on the ground, "I've missed you so much, baby..."

Before I could even respond, Harry crashed his lips to mine and kissed me deeply – and I immediately closed my eyes and let out a soft sigh of satisfaction as I relished the feeling.

"Harry..." I whispered as he slowly pulled away, "oh my God, I'm so happy you're home..."

"I'm happy to be home," he murmured back, "finally..."

He kissed me again – deeper and more hungrily this time. He greedily kissed my lips over and over which made me tilt my head back and let out a low moan into his mouth. We didn't stop until we had to pull away for air – and once we did, Harry paid his driver before he took his bags and went inside the house with the two of us.

It turned out that Harry had brought home all sorts of presents and souvenirs for Piper during his travels – toys, dress-up accessories and clothes like a cute blue top that had Brazil embroidered on it in pink sparkly writing – a lot like the tattoo that Harry had on his thigh, just minus the exclamation mark.

And even though he'd already bought me all those maternity clothes, he still had one more present up his sleeve for me.

He opened up his bag and pulled out a tall glass bottle – and my eyes widened as I realized that it was a bottle of sparkling grape juice.

"I know how much you've been missing your champagne since you got pregnant," Harry told me with a smile, "so, I went and bought you the baby-friendly version of it at the last Duty Free."

"Oh my God! Harry!" I immediately beamed as I took the bottle from him, "Thank you so much! I love sparkling grape juice!"

"I know," he replied with a smug smile and a chuckle.

"Why is it called sparkling grape juice?" Piper asked curiously, "Is there glitter in it?"

I chuckled at her guess. "No, Piper – not quite. It's called 'sparkling' because it's a bit fizzy."

"Can I try some?" she asked, "It sounds yummy."

"Oh no," Harry shook his head, "sorry sweetheart, but it's mummy's special drink. Only she can have it."

"Aww..." Piper pouted a little, "OK."

"You're still happy with your other presents though, aren't you Piper?" I asked her.

Piper smiled and nodded. "Yes, mummy. I love my presents!"

"That's good," Harry smiled down at her and kissed the top of her head, "I'm really glad you like them, Piper."

When Piper went upstairs to put all her new things in her room – Harry turned to me and smiled again.

"Leah, I have some amazing news to tell you," he took my hands in his.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"Last Wednesday, after my counselling session, Jeffrey told me that I've received a nomination for one of the ARIA Music Awards next month!" He announced excitedly – and my jaw immediately dropped.

"What?!" I felt a huge smile spread across my face instantly, "No way! Which one? Which one?!"

"Best International Artist," he replied – his own smile rapidly growing.

"Oh my God!" I squealed and bounced up and down excitedly on the couch, "Harry! That's amazing!!"

"I know! I can't believe it!" Harry laughed, "It's crazy!"

"You're gonna win," I said right away, "you are so gonna win it."

"Well, we'll see what happens," Harry said, "there's loads of other amazing artists nominated for it, too."

"But you are the most amazing, so you're gonna win it," I insisted.

Harry laughed again. "Thanks for the vote of confidence, babe."

"So, the awards are next month?" I asked.

Harry nodded. "On the 28th of November."

"And they're held in Australia, right?"

"They are," Harry nodded again, "I can't wait. I'm so excited to go back to Australia. I love it there."

"When it's time for the ARIAs, I'll keep the TV on all day to make sure I don't miss it," I promised.

"Oh, you don't have to do that," he said.

"I want to."

Harry chuckled and shook his head. "You don't have to do it, because you're coming to the ARIAs with me."

My eyes immediately widened at his words.

"Wait...what?"

"You heard me," he smiled, "they're being held at the Star Event Centre in Sydney – and you told me that you've always wanted to go to Sydney. So, I'm taking you to Sydney. We're going to the ARIAs together."

"What?! No!" I shook my head vigorously, "No, Harry, I-I can't! I'd love to, b-but I can't!"

"Why not?"

"Because, by the 28th of November, I'll be six months pregnant!" I cried, "If I go with you, th-there's no way I'd be able to hide the baby, Harry!"

Harry shrugged. "So what?"

"What? What do you mean 'so what'?" I frowned, "I...I thought you didn't want anyone to know about the baby yet..."

"I've changed my mind," Harry smiled again, "I don't care who finds out about the baby, Leah. I really don't care anymore. If everyone knows, then fine. I'll be perfectly happy with it," he brought my hands to his lips and lovingly kissed the backs of them, "This baby is our future, and I want everyone to see that."

"Oh, Harry..." I bit my lip, "a-are you sure..?"

"Yes," he nodded without hesitation, "why are we even hiding the fact that we made a baby? Why should we hide it?" his smile grew, "This baby exists because of our love, and I am proud of that. I'm done with hiding it," he bent his head and tenderly kissed my round bump, "I wanna show the whole fucking world this beautiful thing we've made."

Seeing how proud he was of our baby touched me deeply. He was so right. If other couples expecting babies can happily show off the gorgeous growing child they made together, then why can't we?

"You know what?" I looked at Harry and smiled, "You're right, Harry. No more hiding this baby."

Harry smiled again and nodded. "No more beating around the bush. No more 'neither confirming nor denying'. Just confirming," he chuckled.

I let out a giggle. "Sounds good to me."

***

"No way! Harry wants to confirm the pregnancy rumours?" Ashley asked me with a dropped jaw.

"I know. I have no idea what's gotten into him," I said with a chuckle, "I like it though. It'll feel good to finally be able to step out in the open with nothing to hide."

"Wow, Leah! That is huge!" Ashley squealed, "I'm so happy for you!"

I chuckled. "Thanks, Ash. I'm still a bit nervous about it all, though."

"Why?"

"I don't know, it's just..." I sighed a little, "I don't really know how people are gonna react...once they find out I'm pregnant..." I bit my lip.

"Uhm, have you seen how crazy the Harry Styles fandom has been going lately? They're all dying to know if you're pregnant!" she told me, "Nearly all of the fans are overjoyed at the possibility that Harry's first baby is coming into the world! They've been waiting for it for so long! And besides, the fans ship you and Harry like, hardcore, so I'm pretty sure they'll be over the moon once you reveal the pregnancy!"

"Not all of them do," I corrected her.

"But most of them do!" She said, "Leah, you are by far the most supported girl that has ever been linked to Harry. So many of the fans leap to your defence as soon as someone utters a word of hate about you! They've supported you for this long, and I'm sure that now you're pregnant, they'll support you even more."

Her words instantly brought a smile on my face.

"Thanks, Ashley. That means a lot," I told her warmly, "I really miss you, babes. I hope we'll get to catch up again soon."

"Aww, I miss you too, Lee," she replied with a smile, "of course we will – don't worry. After all, I am the one who's gonna be planning your baby shower," she chuckled, "anyway, I'd better go. I have to get ready for work soon."

"OK," I nodded and smiled back, "bye, Ash. Thanks for chatting."

"Anytime, hon," her smile grew, "I'll text you later, yeah?"

"Yeah," I nodded again, "see you."

Ashley ended our video call – and I let out a sigh before gently closing my laptop.

I do want to go to the ARIAs with Harry...but I still can't help feeling nervous.

"Was that Ashley's voice I just heard?" Harry asked as he entered the bedroom.

"Yep. We just had a quick video chat before she went to work," I replied, "did you get Piper to school OK?"

"Sure did," Harry nodded and smiled, "apparently they're doing some painting today, so she was really excited."

"Aww, bless her," I chuckled fondly, "she's crazy about painting."

"She sure is," Harry chuckled as well, "but, right now, we need to start focusing on you, and what you're going to wear to the ARIAs."

"What? Now?" I rose an eyebrow, "What for? It's still over a month away!"

"So? Doesn't mean we can't gather some ideas, at least," Harry smiled again, "maybe I'll go online and have a look at what Tiffany Rose has in stock at the moment."

I frowned. "What's Tiffany Rose?"

"What do you mean 'What's Tiffany Rose'?" Harry scoffed, "It's only one of the best places to shop for designer maternity wear for all occasions."

My frown only deepened. "And...how do you know that?"

Harry smirked. "Any man who wants to help his pregnant girlfriend look glamorous would do his research."

"Wow...OK then," I was impressed, "well done you. But I really do think we should wait, Harry. Because my bump is still gonna grow a lot between now and the ARIAs. It would probably be better if we wait until we have a better idea of how big the bump's gonna be closer to the actual date – so we can get the size right."

"Ugh...I guess you're right," Harry sighed, "but I just can't wait to find you a dress."

"Yes, baby, I know," I rolled my eyes and chuckled, "you love shopping."

"No. Well, yes – but it's not that," he sat down beside me on the bed, "I'm just so excited about all this, and I guess I'm getting a bit carried away. Sorry, love."

"It's OK," I smiled at him, "I'm excited too, Harry. But right now, I just want us to relax a little bit. These past few weeks have been tough for both of us."

"Yeah. You're right," Harry agreed, "tell you what – how about we crack open that bottle of sparkling grape juice, put our feet up and watch a whole lot of movies?" He suggested with a smile.

I immediately smiled back at him. "Now you're speaking my language."

A/N: I know you guys waited a long time for this chapter but I was getting stuck towards the end so sorry if it wasn't that good.

But I just wanted to say thank you all SO MUCH for all your amazing birthday greetings last week!! I was so touched by how sweet you all were, I love you so much!! <3 xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 8.1K 59
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
854K 45.3K 32
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
941K 16.1K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
262K 5.7K 32
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.