Please take care of my Heart...

By Zerozenn

[Written in ENGLISH] PART 1: 'Please take care of my heart' is what I ask. He didn't reply but I am sure he... More

Please take care of my heart
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Last Chapter: Chapter 25
Lesson Learned
Author's Note
Sneak Peek for Please let go of my heart

Chapter 4

39 6 37
By Zerozenn

I am still standing in front of the building as I try to process what happen.

"I know this is sudden Marie, but I brought him here to apologize to you personally." Edward said.

"Is this a joke?! A while ago Edward was just punching his face and then with a flash you two were okay." Raine exclaim.

"I know all of you are confuse. All I can say is that Ajax is not part of the scheme that Jenny has done. It was all coincidence that Ajax was there. The plan was made by Jenny which is to corner Marie and humiliate her. But Jenny didn't know that Ajax was there, so the conflict happen as Jenny saw Marie was on top of Ajax and already having a conclusion that Marie is really getting the attention of Ajax." I am silent.

"Ajax came here to apologize and also for the behalf of Jenny." David look at me and I look down. I squeeze Raine's arm and she knows what I am trying to say.

"I'm sorry Edward but I need to rest. I have a long day and I don't want to exert myself more." Edward nod and tap the shoulders of Ajax. When they left Raine let me sit down at the lobby's sofa.

"We will accompany you till your apartment. Don't worry we will not tell your Mom about what happen." I hug Raine.

"Thank you, Raine, David." David pat my head and gives me a reassuring smile.

"Don't say it Marie. It is natural. What has gotten with Edward?!" Raine, David and I walk to our apartment.

Mom is smiling widely when she open the door but it changes after seeing the bruises and wounds I have.

"What happened?" I am almost urge to cry. But I stop it as I can. I can't let Mom worry to much. It hurts thinking that I will be destroying what she hopes for the both of us.

"Uhm, Mrs. Evergarden. I am Raine and this is David. We are Marie's classmates, we had a basketball game a while ago. Marie exert too much effort so she ended hurt. But don't worry Mrs. Evergarden it is just minor and no serious injury." Mom seems to buy Raine's alibi and her worrying eyes seem to decrease.

"Please come in." Mom said.

"Thank you Mrs. Evergarden but we would like to apologize as we need to go home as it is getting late." Mom nod and smiles at them.

"Maybe next time then. Take care on your way." Raine and David bid their goodbyes. Mom also thank them for bringing me home.

"Are you really alright Marie?" Mom hold both of my shoulders.

"I am Mom, don't worry. Your daughter is a strong person, right?" I let out a happy tune so that Mom would not notice that I am in pain. Mom just smiles at me and I go to my bedroom to have a rest.

I receive some texts from Edward, Raine and David. I am going to reply them when David call.

'Hello'

'Hey, how are you doing?'

'I am already laying down in my bed'

'Did I disturb you?' His voice is kinda panicking upon asking me. I smile.

'No, I am just lying down.'

'I am really sorry that I was not there for you. For all the things I said to you yesterday makes me feel like I am not qualified to be one'

'Don't blame yourself David. It's fine. It's just that things happen unexpectedly. But hey, you were there for me right? So don't be mellow about it.'

'How is your Mom?'

'I think she believes what Raine said.'

'You know that I can listen to you.' I look up. Please don't cry.

'It's just that thinking what Mom has sacrificed for me for all these years just to make this all happen, feels like I am the only one who will gonna destroy all those efforts—-Living together at the city, me, studying in a University I really don't want that what has Mom dreamed of for the both of us will be gone just because of like this. I would rather endure this all.' My tears are starting to flow from my eyes. It really hurts.

'Marie, no matter what happens. You should choose the right thing. You will never know what consequences may occur but think what is the best for the both of you, without having you endure it all. Just believe on what you believe, you know it yourself just have your eyes on it.'

'Thank you David. Thank you so much.'

'Don't cry now, you will get puffy eyes tomorrow. Your Mom will gonna worry. I will going to treat you a meal tomorrow, so hush now.'

'Promise?'

'I promise'

'Don't back out on your words David.'

'I am not.' He chuckles. 'Go sleep now, kitty.'

'Kitty?'

'Do you know the cat cartoon, she is colored white, with this blue eyes. She has the same name as yours, Marie.' I laugh so hard.

'You are very old fashion'

'Atleast I made you laugh.'

'Thank you David.'

'It's nothing. Sleep now or you won't have a free meal tomorrow.'

'Meanie, good night.'

'Good night Kitty.'

The call ended and I look at the phone. I guess I have already the greatest people with me. I must treasure them as much as they treasure me.

Days have passed since that incident. Jenny was really expelled within the University. When Jenny was expelled, I haven't heard anything from Ajax. I saw Edward at times but I haven't seen Ajax with him.

"Am I not the only one, that the University is getting quiet?" Raine is talking while eating.

"Raine, some manners please." Raine just ignore David and continue eating.

"I guess so. Maybe I think there is no dish at the main plate." I look around. Everybody now is having their own worlds.

"So, what part of the piece you will be choosing Marie?" David asks.

"Shoot. I haven't prepared one yet." Raine hurriedly get the piece from her bag and lay it on the table. "Marie, help me."

"I will be doing the part of the piece where the lead actor and the lead actress are singing within the boat while looking at the lanterns." Raine is reading the piece and checks the part what I am saying.

"But you know, that piece you choose is for the lead role." I know. But I know myself that I am not confident enough but it is not bad to try. I wanted to do something to conquer my greatest fear, stage fright. But I, myself already expecting having a lip-sync.

"Are you ready for it Marie?" I nod. "How about you David? What part did you choose also?"

"I am auditioning for the lead role also." Raine and I gasp.

"Oh dear, I am gonna see David in action." Raine tease. The three of us laugh and continue eating.

We go to the theater of the University, we will be doing our audition there. I thought that only the three of us will be here. Never expect that Edward, Jack, Paul, Kevin and Ajax is here.

"Ohh, never thought that from the many days in a week they choose today." Raine whisper.

I wave at Edward right upon seeing me.

"Let's sit here. For better distance." I know what Raine is meaning to, we all agree to it.

The audition was quite fast as it is my turn already.

"What part did you choose Marie?" The President asks.

"I choose the part where the lead female was at the boat singing while watching the lanterns flying." The President nod but didn't give me a go signal.

"This part is needing a partner." I look at David.

"But I need that someone who chose the same part as yours." The President stand up from his seat and look at the members sitting.

"Who has the same part as Miss Marie's audition? It is better to perform it together. Don't worry you will be still evaluated individually." I signal David but he never stand up from his sit.

"Uhmm, I think David has the same part as me." I said to the President.

"David, is it true?" David stand up but didn't go up stage.

"I'm sorry President, I am auditioning for the lead male role but didn't choose that part." Ohhh, I thought he did. David give me an apologetic smile, I smile at him telling that it's okay.

"I am auditioning for the same part, President." All eyes are on him. Raine rolls her eyes and David looks at me. I nod at them and give them a thumbs up.

"Okay Ajax. Please proceed to the stage." Ajax climb up to the stage, he didn't look me in the eye as he look just below or trying to avoid my gaze.

"Let's start." I exhale and look at Ajax who seems not still looking at me.

"Ajax, look at me." I whisper. He still didn't look at me and I already start singing.

I am acting with all my heart but the singing is like I give my all and it is what it is. The President looks like he is liking my performance.

It was his turn now. But the thing is, he is suppose to look at me as he is singing it for me. He is just looking at my side. I still keep my acting stance while he is singing.

So here it is, where the part the two of us will be singing face to face. HE LOOK DOWN!

After the performance, I try my best to exert also my patience on him. I don't want to be dragged down by his performance.

"Okay, so let's start with Marie." The President looks at me and smile. "I really like your acting, it was like real, even though you are quite nervous you still give your all. The way you feel the song, the moment, it is very excellent. But, the singing is quite not that good enough for that part of the piece as your voice doesn't seem to match with your acting, is like opposite to it." I nod. "If ever that you will be chosen as the lead role, I hope you will be able to deliver the songs well." I smile at the President and give my thanks.

"So next is, Ajax." The President is looking from the notes. "I have a question, do you have something with Marie." I look at the President with shock in my eyes.

"No." He answers. "Okay, it seems that you are quite awkward with Marie. You didn't had an eye contact with the whole performance. Your voice is so good but the acting doesn't give justice to it." Ajax just nod.

"Overall, I think that both of you have the opposite lacking part, Marie is good at acting but Ajax is good at singing. Thank you to the both of you, you may go back to your seats." We go down to the stage and go to our respective seats. As I sit down, Raine immediately talk to me.

"It is really awkward for the both of you up there." David pat my head and complimented me by performance. "Don't mind Ajax, you did great. I can teach you on singing. I have been in a choir for a long time." I thank David for the offer. I really need to practice most especially if I am chosen to be the lead role.

After the auditions, we go back to our classes. The President will announce the roles for each one of us after all of the members finished auditioning.

We pass by at Edward, Jack, Kevin, Paul and Ajax.

"Marie, you are a very professional actress. That acting was superb." Jack exaggeratedly comment.

"Don't mind his exaggeration. But you really did great there Marie." Edward said.

"I like your singing voice." Kevin tease. Edward immediately softly slap the head of Kevin. "What?! Atleast I complimented her singing voice." I smile at Kevin, even though it is a joke I just let it slide.

"We are going to be late in class." We all look at him who obviously avoids my gaze.

"In a rush Ajax?" Paul asks.

"You too all should go, see you around Marie." Edward said. We all go to our own ways and made in time at class.

"He is obviously avoiding you." Raine is sneakingly talking to me.

"I know. But that is for the better right?" Raine nod.

"I didn't know he has a term 'guilty' in his system." The Professor looks at us, giving us a warning to stay quiet.

"We should talk to it later. Will be doomed by the Professor." Raine gives me a thumbs up.

Raine didn't come with us going home as she has the duties of being the class representative needed to be finish. So she let me and David go home first.

"Do you want to stop by at the café?" My eyes shines so bright, he really felt that I was hungry.

"Fine by me." I say with giddiness.

We stop by at the café and take our orders.

"How are you feeling?" David asks. Our frappes are getting served.

"I think I am good now. Probably." Then our foods are being served.

"That's good to hear. I think you will be able to feel the great college memories stuff." I look at my food, I really hope that it will happen. "The food here is delicious, you should dig in already Marie, I know you are very hungry." I laugh at him, he is really a great friend to be with.

We talk and eat, talk and eat, until we are full. I didn't know I am this really hungry. I burp accidentally that made David laugh so hard. "Oh my gosh Marie, you are so funny. Thinking that we are in a café you burp so loud." He still laughs that made me laugh too.

"I think it is a little bit early, do you wanna go somewhere you want?" I check the time, I still have time. Maybe, I will take this chance to roam around the city.

"I have an idea, do you like arcades?" David asks. Why this guy knows what I want? I slap his arms that made him shock. "What did I do?" I smile at him.

"You are really something." He look at me questioning. "Nothing, let's go!" I act like a superhero flying. David just shakes his head.

We go to a nearest arcade and play all we can. We divide the payment and take our halves.

I play around and enjoy it a lot. David is good at it because he gets a lot of stuff toys and other prices.

"You are very greedy Mr." David look at me and just shrug his shoulders.

I just play, and I never thought that I will be having a great day today. Thanks to David who took part for this day.

We take a rest for a while. David won a Pepero small box at the arcade and gave it to me. "You win this, you should eat it." He insists on giving it to me but I don't.

"So, let's take our shares." I nod and he open the box, he get some Pepero and so as I.

"There is a park nearby. Do you wanna go there?" Oh my, how can he tell where I want to go? This is getting on my nerves.

"David?"

"Hm?" He is still eating a Pepero in his mouth.

"Do you read people's mind?" That's when he laugh so hard. I never thought that there is someone who laughs so beautifully. Wait. What?! What did I just think of?

"No. It's just I can sense where you want to go. Luckily, they are just near." I look at him suspiciously. He raise both of hands. "I am really telling the truth, you know."

"Come on, let's go." We go to the park and a lot of people is at the park. We sit down at a nearest bench and take a relaxation.

"This place will be my favorite place." I said. I look around how similar really it is in my hometown.

"Does it reminds you home?" I nod and smiles at him.

One time I visited here was with Edward. "Maybe we should visit here often when we are needing some break." Nice idea! I really want to go here.

"Let's invite Raine too." He nods. We are watching to the people who passes by, to the sun who goes down that takes it's rest for a long day, the trees that are painted with the rays of the sunset, the wind that makes the trees dance, the swans that swims so lovely within the lake. How I wish that I could have live here. If this place is just near at our apartment I will be here all the time.

"Maybe, we need to go home." We walk our way home.

I didn't felt the distance as David always talks to me that makes me feel like we just walk a few meters. We are finally at the entrance of our building.

"Thank you for today, David. You made me so much happy. I forget all the worries that I had." He smiles at me.

"Good to hear." He opens his bag and pulls out a stuff toy that he won at the arcade. It is a dog stuff toy.

"Uhmmm, I want to give it this to you. Treat this dog as your companion, who is loyal to you, who is always there for you, only listens to you and always come to you. Just like how I am to you." I smile at him and receive the stuff toy.

"Thank you David but this is too much." He shake his head.

"I want you to know that I like you Marie."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 14 29
"The feelings I have for you are genuine. I'm sorry if my cold self isn't letting you completely see my love for you, but I promise I'll learn to lov...
69.2K 1.1K 31
(Hello if you message me on Wattpad I will not be able to respond because it's saying my email is messed up but thank you all who has given me suppor...
460 15 3
You get your soulmate's first words to you on your skin. PART ONE: i won't hurt you (please believe me) - oihina PART TWO: is it platonic if i'm in l...
760 7 25
I have recently finished this and there are so many opportunities that are missed, but I favor Karma and this will reflect that. If you want somethin...