Mr Kingston's Roommate | ꪜ

By XFiction_GoddessX

Highest ranking: #1 in Short Story *Rewriting and Editing on hold* It was a race to leave behind her toxic pa... More

Mr Kingston's Roommate | Extended Synopsis, Copyright
Mr Kingston's Roommate|Cast
Mr Kingston's Roommate | Prologue
Mr Kingston's Roommate|01
Mr kingston's Roommate|02
Mr Kingston's Roommate|03
Mr Kingston's Roommate|04
Mr Kingston's Roommate|05
Mr Kingston's Roommate|06
Mr Kingston's Roommate|07
Mr Kingston's Roommate|08
Mr Kingston's Roommate|09
Mr Kingston's Roommate|10
Mr Kingston's Roommate|11
Mr Kingston's Roommate|12
Mr Kingston's Roommate|13
Mr Kingston's Roommate|14
Mr Kingston's Roommate|15
Mr Kingston's Roommate|16
Mr Kingston's Roommate|17
Mr Kingston's Roommate|18
Mr Kingston's Roommate|19
Mr Kingston's Roommate|20
Mr Kingston's Roommate|21
Mr Kingston's Roommate|22
Mr Kingston's Roommate|23
Mr Kingston's Roommate|24
Mr Kingston's Roommate|25
Mr Kingston's Roommate|26
Mr Kingston's Roommate|27
Mr Kingston's Roommate|28
Mr Kingston's Roommate|29
Mr Kingston's Roommate|30
Mr Kingston's Roommate|31
Mr Kingston's Roommate|32
Mr Kingston's Roommate|33
Mr Kingston's Roommate|34
Mr Kingston's Roommate|35
Mr Kingston's Roommate|36
Mr Kingston's Roommate|37
Mr Kingston's Roommate|38
Mr Kingston's Roommate|39
Mr Kingston's Roommate|40
Mr Kingston's Roommate|41
Mr Kingston's Roommate|42
Mr Kingston's Roommate|44
Mr Kingston's Roommate|45
Mr Kingston's Roommate|46
Mr Kingston's Roommate|47
Mr Kingston's Roommate|48
Mr Kingston's Roommate|49
Mr Kingston's Roommate|50
Mr Kingston's Roommate|51
Mr Kingston's Roommate|52
Mr Kingston's Roommate|53
Mr Kingston's Roommate|54
Mr Kingston's Roommate|55
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter

Mr Kingston's Roommate|43

13.9K 500 35
By XFiction_GoddessX

Leila's POV
A promise to never break

The gravelled ground was rough underneath me, stones dug into my flesh, puncturing my skin to the point where I thought it would rip apart. I sat upright, groaning as the powerful stench of urine and garbage assaulted my nostrils. How could I have dozed off in such a revolting place? I really did hit rock bottom.

My mother did a number on me. 

Peering up at the sky, I could tell that it was beginning to get dark. I must have been here for at least thirty minutes or an hour. The best way to find out is through my phone if someone hadn't already mugged me after I passed out. On cue, I felt a soft vibration ring through my thigh. My ridiculously dried eyes flickered downwards as I retrieved the phone from my pocket. 

It was a notification for nothing important. But I didn't know where I was at the moment, and I didn't have the physical nor mental strength to get up from where I sat despite how sickening it was. My only option was to call the one person who would drop everything to come find me.

And the only person I was even remotely comfortable with seeing me in such a vulnerable state. 

Blake.

My fingers hovered over his name in my contacts list and without hesitation, I pressed down onto it and brought the phone to my ears. From my peripheral view, I could see pedestrians strutting down the streets as they conversed with others, unbeknownst to the person sitting from prying eyes in a dirty alley. 

I could simply get up and find my way out of here with or without their help, but a part of me wanted to stay in this place and punish myself for allowing my mother to get inside my head, and the other part of me just wanted to go home, take a bath and sleep. "Leila? Where are you, I thought you said you were getting back like an hour ago. I tried calling you many times but you didn't pick up, are you okay?" 

I only realized now that there indeed were miss calls from Blake. Five to be exact.

"I don't know."

"W–what do you mean? Are you okay? Are you hurt?" D-did something happen? I'm coming to meet you, where are you."  He babbled uncontrollably and at the sound of his comforting voice, I didn't know whether to be relieved or burst into tears. How could I let that woman take away all the progress I've made over these past few months? 

"I'm not okay Blake," I whispered. My throat burnt, possibly from dehydration, something Blake no doubt caught onto in a matter of seconds. I could hear him shuffling on the other line, and a ring of 'shits' escaping his lips as the sound of items crashing to the floor enveloped my ears. "L-Leila, tell me where you are." 

"I-I just, I don't know. . .I ran west of the parking lot down the streets and- Blake I just I-I need you." His breath hitched and the still silence in the air forced the tears pricking at my eyes down my cheeks. I tried to hold them back, but it was futile. So much for progress. . .

"Don't worry. I'm coming for you baby."

~~~

Blake's POV

Darkness began to blanket the sky as I strutted down the streets. Leila's location according to my phone was just around the corner. I didn't know what she was doing there, but she sounded distraught. . .broken, she sounded like the Leila I knew months ago. 

Not my Leila now. 

I narrowed my eyes up to the sky, silently praying that she was okay and not hurt in any way shape or form, because if she was someone would surely get a handful of my fist. When I bent the corner leading towards her location, the street was empty except for the occasional honk of a car as it zoomed down the streets. 

I fumbled with the phone in my hand and navigated my way towards my contacts list. I pressed down onto her name hesitantly and pressed the phone against my ears as I pivoted on my heels, hoping to see her standing behind me or across the street. 

The phone rang for a few seconds and I listened silently as a familiar ringtone blared from behind me. I spun around quickly, my heart heavy in my hands as I hoped to see her standing there, and much to my relief she was, just not as I expected she would look. "You came, I knew you would come, you always do." She whispered softly, not giving me a second to fathom what I was seeing before she crashed into my chest, sobs racking through her body. 

I stood still, stunned, my arms hovering over her in shock. I forced myself out of my reverie and lowered my arms around her, hugging her to my chest tightly, ignoring the dampness on my shirt as tears trickled down her cheeks. I could feel the slight tick in my jaw, the one that could only mean one thing. 

I wasn't happy.

"What happened, Leila. Who did this to you?" Her nails dug into my flesh and pursed my lips in a thin line at the pain that shot through my hand. But I ignored it and embraced her tightly, my chin lowering down onto her head. I couldn't help it when my mind began to wander over the possibilities of what could have happened. 

Did she get mugged? Lost? How could she end up here, without her car in such a distraught form. "It was my mother," she whispered. And at that moment it felt as if my heart had fallen under the soles of my feet. She wasn't lost, nor mugged, she was heartbroken. 

Even worse than I thought.

•••

I shut the door behind me, a sigh escaping my lips once again as I watched her make her way towards the bed slowly. She slumped down onto it and lowered her face in her hands. She stopped crying, but I could still see her tears threatening to make a reappearance. 

I sauntered towards the bed and crouched down between her legs. She peered up, her bloodshot red eyes penetrating through mine. Hesitantly I rose my hand to her neck and pressed my palm against it, ignoring the confused expression that flickered across her face. Then my hands found their to her forehead, just as I expected. 

"You have a fever," I said, breaking through the silence that fell over the room. I hoisted myself onto my feet and motioned towards the bathroom, "I'm gonna run you a shower, change out of your clothes," without waiting for her response I stalked towards the bathroom and proceeded to run the bath. 

I couldn't stand to be in the same room as her, or look into those eyes, because the more I did, the more furious I got. At just the tender age of 19, Leila has gone through so much, and the moment she decided to finally stop letting her past define her, that so-called past comes strutting into her life, ruining everything she built. 

When will she catch a break? 

When I returned to the room, she was still sitting at the edge of the bed, her eyes void of emotions staring at the blank wall. I could tell her mind was preoccupied and I wanted to know what she was thinking about. I needed to know what happened with her mom that sent her into this state. The last time she met her mom she cut herself. 

I trust Leila and I trust that she'll keep the promise she made to me after what happened that day. But if I don't know her state of mind, how will I know for a fact she won't hurt herself again? I laced my fingers through hers, snapping her out of her reverie. 

We made our way towards the bathroom silently and I sat her down on the toilet seat before fishing through the medicine cabinet for hydrogen peroxide. I grabbed the nearest rag sitting on the towel rack and soaked it in warm water. I didn't want to point it out in fear that when I ask her what happened to her lip I'd lose my cool.

So instead I cleaned up the blood and forced the active volcano threatening to erupt within me down. She didn't protest nor flinch when I cleaned up her wound and although it was small it was still an indication she was hit. And the ghost of a handprint on her face spoke volumes. 

After I was done I stood up and placed everything back into its rightful place. Leila shuffled behind me as I did so and by the time I spun around to face her, her clothes were discarded. "You couldn't wait until I left?" I asked, my eyes flickering away from her quickly. To my surprise, she scoffed, "I don't care if you see me half-naked or naked, Blake." 

"You should care. . .I'm a man after all." 

"I know," she whispered and I flinched as her cold fingertips fell against my skin. She hugged me tightly from behind and pressed her cheek against my back, "I trust you, and I-" she stopped abruptly before her arms fell away from me and she slipped away so that she now stood in front of me. I peered down at her, frowning deeply when her palms squished my cheeks together tightly. 

She kissed me lightly, not giving me a second to hold onto her before she pulled away, her brown eyes staring deeply into mine. "Thank you for caring, Blake." Of course, I care, I love you. It's what I wanted to say, and now more than ever was the perfect moment to say those words but I couldn't because it would be selfish. 

One day, I'll tell her. 

"You're gonna tell me everything that happened, okay?" She nodded her head in understanding. Her lips curved upwards into a small smile, but her eyes said differently. That wasn't a happy smile, and I feared that it would remain that way for longer than I want it to. 

•••

I told her to tell me everything, but I wasn't prepared for what I heard and that's my fault. I expected to lash out, break a few things, but she didn't need someone throwing a raging fit, she needed someone who would hold her, like now, and tell her how much they cared for her. 

I was that person at that moment, and thinking of someone hurting the person I cared about broke my heart into tiny shards, bit by bit. I could tell she was nervous for my response, knowing me I would do one of these two things or either both; I'd really throw a raging fit or I'd calmly handle the situation and be there for her. 

She expected the fit. But not tonight. 

"Say something," she whispered into my chest. Her head narrowed upwards and I could feel her gaze on me but I couldn't look her in the eyes. If I did she'd get exactly what she expected and by tomorrow I'll be known as the college professor who murdered his girlfriend's mother. 

My mind battled with my mouth. I wanted to say it; she needed help. But it wouldn't exactly be the most comforting words at this moment. So all I did was place a kiss onto her forehead and watch silently as her eyes flickered such and she sucked in a small breath.

I wanted to say it. But I couldn't.

All I could say was that I was here and I wasn't going anywhere.

At least, I hope I was.

A/N: Happy New Years everyone!🎊🎉❤️ we made it out of 2018 safe and sound. I mean we had a few bruises here and there but let's just take a moment and thank god for another blessed year. Did you know that if you sat on a toilet and took a shit at exactly 11:59 to 12:00 it's the same shit different year?😂 good thing I wasn't on that TOILET 😉 anywayyyyssss how'd you like this chapter? Was it okay? Isn't Blake a sweetheart😩❤️ if he is why don't you slap that star at the bottom and make him happy 😌😏 it'll be much appreciated!😋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 376 51
We all remember that first love. The one who we fell head over heels in love with who also destroyed us. When Emily meets Jay on her first day at the...
2.2K 124 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
56.9K 1K 73
Annie Cook desperately needs to move out of her parents house. Living at home for her undergrad degree is killing her social life and making it hard...
406 68 23
Starting University is nerve racking. When Tara leaves home for the first time to move into the dorms at university, she's excited to start this new...