Khrysopos ✔

By insigniftownsprsn

Juliet Ashton is 18, tired, and lonely. She doesn't bother trying to make friends at Carlton Academy, but som... More

I N T R O D U C T I O N
PROLOGUE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FORTY THREE
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
FORTY SIX
FORTY SEVEN
FORTY EIGHT
FORTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
F I F T Y F O U R
F I F T Y F I V E
F I F T Y S I X
F I F T Y S E V E N
F I F T Y E I G H T
F I F T Y N I N E
S I X T Y O N E
S I X T Y T W O
S I X T Y T H R E E
S I X T Y F O U R
S I X T Y F I V E
the aftermath
why tf are u reading this crap
fluff nonsense

S I X T Y

7.3K 204 91
By insigniftownsprsn

- Juliet's POV -

It was the beginning of May - one final exam left - Juliet had cried a little in frustration.

"I don't get it!" She wailed. She was so stressed. She felt like crying as she drank another mouthful of coconut water. Typhon barked lightly, making circles around them. Juliet's tension made him jumpy.

Alex sighed. "You just have to break it down, one by one. See, this is - "

"Stop talking," she snarled. "If I hear another mathematical word out of your mouth followed by see, it's easy! then I swear to god, I'm going to smother you in your sleep. Understand?"

Alex had obediently shut up, and let her finish her tantrum as he stretched back and put his arms over his head, his muscles flexing.

The flexing temporarily dazed Juliet. She glared at him. "You're distracting me."

"It isn't my fault I'm so good looking, Khrysopos."

"Aren't you being a little arrogant, soldier?"

He blinked innocently. "Whatever do you mean?"

A faint smile curved around her lips. He grinned at her as he leaned forward and hugged her. She slowly returned the hug back, and they just stayed there like that.

"It's okay," Alex murmured. "Its okay if you don't do well in math. You can't be perfect in everything."

"But I'm Juliet - "

"Exactly. You're Juliet. You like English literature and history and politics and economics and biology and chemistry. You're very good at badminton and throwball, decent in football - "

"I slipped - " She defended.

"You did not," he grinned at her. She sulked. "Listen. It's okay. You don't have to over exert yourself for other people's expectations."

Suddenly, Juliet's eyes watered. "When did you become so wise?"

"Well. I used to stress a lot, like you, until I realised you slowed down my path of fire and everything was still fine. I felt so at ease when you got me those few days holiday and I just sat and played videogames."

Juliet chuckled, wiping at her eyes. Typhon tried to jump up, managing to rest on the edge of the couch, touching Juliet's leg. She scratched his ear.

He smiled and kissed her cheek. "It's okay," he echoed. "You have your talents - be the strongest in them. It isn't the end of the world if you're not good in math - It's not like you want to become an engineer or something, right?"

"No," she mumbled. "But I want a good overall percenta - "

"And you'll get it," he said calmly. "It's just one exam. I'll explain everything to you, and you'll be amazing at it. Because you're Juliet Ashton - talented in other fields, but knows how to adjust her time to make do for other subjects and top the academy."

Right then, Juliet kissed him. Deeply, her hands pulling him to her. She pulled back and murmured, "where have you been all my life?"

He smiled. "Come on. Let's start from the beginning."

***

~ two days later ~

Right now, they were on a flight headed to Tokyo. It was Alex's cousin's wedding. A boy named Jiao.

"My cousin invited me to his wedding in Tokyo," Alex had brought up while they sat on the couch in the Commons.

It was in use again.

Juliet had said, "I assume he's told you to bring a plus one?" She looked at peace. As though she had already attained nirvana.

"Yes."

Juliet had nodded. "I'll be there, Camden."

Alex had chuckled and then gone back to reading his book. Cain had been playing some kind of thumb fighting game with Adam, and shouted, "yes!" when he won. Everyone in the Commons had turned to look at him.

Cain grinned shyly. "Sorry."

Juliet and Alex sighed simultaneously.

***
~ that very night ~

They were currently travelling economy with Emirates, Juliet's favourite airline. She insisted they go with economy.

"Why is Emirates your favourite?" Alex had asked her. He was resting his head against her shoulder.

She said, "I was nine, and I was going to see my maternal grandparents. I remember being excited because - well, I must have been close with them at that time. I can't exactly remember, but I was very giddy. And I was travelling by Emirates, it was nighttime. I was watching a Disney movie I hadn't seen before - of course, I was mesmerized and I had fallen in love with Mulan immediately, which is now my favourite animation - and I was wrapped in a warm blanket that was so soft." Juliet's eyes became dreamy. "I was travelling economy, because my grandparents insisted they'd pay for my ticket, and they couldn't afford first class. But I didn't mind at all. And then these beautiful neon stars appeared on the ceiling of the plane, and I could see the moon outside and clouds. The airhosstesses were so nice to me and called me 'honey'." She chuckled. "It was warm and I was eating something - I think it was something with meat - but it warmed me up to my toes and I just - " Juliet inhaled sharply. "I loved that moment. I don't know why I remember it and why it was so special, but I didn't want to stop. It was so - so comforting. I felt warm and happy."

And Alex said, "Aren't you a pretty ball of mush on the inside."

She chuckled and smacked his arm. "Shut up."

Alex held her hand. "I think that's a highly valid reason to like this airline."

She kissed his hand as she brought it up to her mouth.

When they landed, Juliet was exhausted. She yawned and leaned on Alex, hugging him and resting her head on his shoulder. She mumbled, "I'm going to fall asleep on your shoulder, soldier. Careful."

Alex wrapped an arm around her waist to support her. "Go ahead."

A few people had come to take their luggage, and they went to an expensive hotel in a Rolls Royce, courtesy of Juliet Camden's father. They headed to The Ashton Hotel, and received a luxury suite, delicious food - all for free.

Juliet curled up on the bed and yawned again. "What time is it?"

"It's ten pm."

"Good lord. Feels like 2am."

Alex kissed the top of her head. "Come on. Get changed into clean pyjamas, and then we can sleep all we want. It's good that we came a day early."

"My idea," Juliet mumbled, waddling into the bathroom really slowly, her eyes splits and her pyjamas in hand.

She took a warm bath and changed into her red shorts and black tank top. She pulled her hair into a horribly done high bun and walked back into their room.

She collapsed on the bed. Alex had chuckled quietly and went to take a bath.

She didn't know when he returned from the shower, but she did feel herself being lifted and re-adjusted on the bed, a cover being pulled over her.

She smiled happily and stretched like a cat. And then she snuggled closer to Alex. She hugged him and kissed his neck. "Good night. I love you."

"I love you too," he whispered softly, and her world went dark.

***

She woke up to Alex showering her with kisses all over her face.

She opened her green eyes, and stared into his beautiful brown ones. She smiled, and then suddenly wrinkled her nose. "Your breath is absolutely heinous." 

He kissed her jaw. "Good morning to you too, sunshine. And I brushed - That is your breath. I think I might keel over from the stench."

"Shut up, I smell like flowers." She rolled her eyes and buried herself into the pillows. "It's too early for sunshine."

"It's eleven am, Jules. And we need to go have lunch with my friends, they called me an hour ago about it."

"Not my problem," she said, her voice muffled by the covers. "Can't come if I'm sleeping."

Alex sighed dramatically. "Oh fine. I guess I'll just have to get you out of bed some other way."

Juliet was slightly intrigued. "You will?" She mumbled.

He nodded mournfully. "I am afraid so." He draped himself over her, and pulled down the covers away from her face.

She huffed. "And what are you exactly going to do?"

He didn't say anything, but he did kiss her neck. Then her collarbone. Slowly, a little lower...

The cover was completely off of her now, replaced with Alex's curious lips and roaming hands.

Juliet was wide awake.

Before she could kiss him on the mouth, he quickly pulled away and grinned. "Good morning."

She snapped, "come here." She pulled him down and stole a kiss from him. He didn't fight her off that much.

He must really love me if he's willing to kiss my un-brushed mouth, Juliet thought.

Within minutes, they were taking a shower together. Washing each other and taking turns. When Alex was washing her hair, she made bubbles with the soap. Because why not? They discussed democracy. A very fuzzy topic. Then technology. Juliet apparently disliked Winston Churchill, buttons, and also jack fruit.

Alex adored Alan Turing, crossword puzzles, and Juliet.

Juliet had melted into his arms when he said she was what he liked, and gave him a nice long smooch on the lips as water rained over them, which brightened Alex's mood even more than it already was.

They were so light and warm around each other. It was kind of cute.

***
-

Alex's POV -

Juliet was dressed in a flowy red dress. Her honey blonde hair was left loose, and it hung around her face until the mid of her shoulder blades, straight and slightly wavy. She wore no makeup - she was too lazy, apparently - and put on strappy black sandals.

She looked beautiful. She blushed when Alex told her so. Charmer, she had mumbled under her breath. He wanted to beam at her. No one had ever called Alex Camden a charmer.

Alex dressed simply, brown shorts and a dark green t-shirt.

They met Jiao and his future wife, Trina, at lunch. Kim was there as well. Kaito, unsurprisingly, too.

Alex thanked his stars that Niah didn't join them. It would've been ugly if Juliet found out that Niah had tried to date Alex and had his mother's approval when they were younger. Alex was uninterested in everything back then, but he had considered Niah one of his best friends. The friendship eventually dulled when he left, but they still ocassionally called each other to catch up. He hadn't spoken to her in a year.

Juliet and his friends got along easily. Even Kim, who didn't mingle much, found herself laughing at Juliet's anecdotes and comments. Kaito kept rolling his eyes at Juliet, but smiled ocassionally. Kaito definitely approved of Juliet on the inside.

Alex fell in love with Juliet even more.

It was something Kim said that got him out of his daze. "Niah says she's sorry she couldn't make it." She was holding her phone, looking at a text.

Alex said, "fine."

Juliet shot him a curious look, but he focused on his food. Oh god, he was on to him. Juliet was like a hawk with details.

Trina tried to distract Juliet by saying, "Juliet, do you want to come to my bachelorette party?"

"Oh, I don't want to intrude."

"Nonsense! I'd love for you to be there. We're going to a fashion show, then jacuzzi time, and then a nice dinner. Please come."

Juliet smiled. "Alright. I will."

Jiao told Alex and Kaito, "you both are coming to my bachelor party right?"

Kaito nodded. "We will be there." Alex nodded once to confirm.

Jiao said, "Niall will be there."

Juliet blinked. "Niall Horan?"

Jiao laughed. "Niall Chiu."

"Oh," Alex said, "then I fear I may catch a cold by then."

Juliet asked curiously, "who's Niall Chiu?"

Kim replied, "Alex's arch-nemesis."

"We aren't enemies," Alex pointed out. "We just don't like each other," he told Juliet.

"Why?"

"He's an arrogant know-it-all."

Juliet said, "so am I."

Kai said, "hear hear," which earned him a glare from Juliet.

"Yes, but you're my arrogant know-it-all," Alex said. Juliet beamed at him.

Trina said, "aw."

Kai said, "ew."

Juliet said, "okay but that's bonkers. That's not why you don't like this boy."

Jiao laughed and said, "Juliet - he scored higher than our Alex in our final math exam."

Juliet blinked. "What?"

"And we also got into a tiny fight in the parking lot in our old school," Alex admitted.

Juliet gaped. "Alex Camden got into a physical fight? And was placed second in a math exam?"

Kaito cackled. "Oh don't sound so surprised, Juliet. Your boy here has done many shocking things."

"I once lit my teacher on fire," Alex said thoughtfully. He added, "an accident, of course."

"Of course," Juliet echoed.

Trina laughed at the expression on Juliet's face.

Juliet suddenly asked, "so who's Niah?"

They all quietened. Alex cleared his throat and smiled, trying to look light, as if it was no big deal. "Another friend."

"Friend, huh?" Juliet narrowed her eyes.

Kaito said unnecessarily, "she was running after Alex when he studied here with us. Still is."

Juliet blinked. "Oh. I'd like to meet this bitch."

Kai said, "she's also my cousin."

"And understandably so," Juliet smiled sweetly.

Kim was chuckling. Jiao and Trina shared a look and a smile.

Alex rushed, "I don't like Niah or anything."

Juliet raised an eyebrow, examined his face. "Uhuh."

"I don't," he insisted.

Kai said, "sure."

Alex glared at him, and Juliet's head snapped to Kai. "What is that supposed to mean?"

Kai winked. "He didn't like her that way but he did enjoy the attention he received from her. I mean, great looks do run in the family so why wouldn't he."

Juliet pursed her lips. "I see."

If Alex's looks could kill, Kai would have died on the spot. "Kaito. Stop talking rubbish."

Kaito simply smiled like the Cheshire cat he truly was. 

After lunch, they went back to their room. Juliet was in front of the mirror in the bathroom, washing her face.

"Jules," he pleaded. "I don't like her that way."

"You enjoyed her attention, though."

"No, I didn't."

She shot him a look. And he added, "maybe a little. But you've gone out with other people too, and you don't see me obsessed and angry about it."

"But I'm done for good with them Alex," she said. "This Niah chick obviously still wants you."

"Nikolai wants you too. Even Lara," He argued.

Juliet lifted a shoulder. "But they backed off now. You can see that. This Niah girl hasn't backed off. And something tells me that your mother likes her," she said darkly.

Alex winced. "You're not wrong."

Juliet glared as she dried her face. "Of course I'm not wrong."

Alex walked up to her and pulled her close. She pulled away, but he didn't let her go. She wasn't running away from this conversation. "Jules. Look at me."

She glared at him like he was Satan himself. He almost smiled. "I don't want Niah."

"No?"

"No. I want a European girl named Juliet Ashton, who is intelligent as hell and cooks like a pro and likes watching movies all the time and has a husky named Typhon and listens to rock and jazz and makes me feel warm and fuzzy all the time."

She sniffed. "Go on."

"This girl is beautiful beyond measure." Juliet smirked at that. "She is incredibly witty and observant. She is never wrong." She nodded, like she agreed with him. "She is very funny and inappropriate and encourages public displays of affection."

She scoffed. "I can do whatever I want with my boyfriend wherever and whenever I want. So can you with me. Why should I care what other people think?"

Alex laughed. "Jules."

She sighed and put her arms around his neck. She liked doing that. "Alex."

"I love you," he said.

She pinked a little bit. "I love you too."

"I do not have any affections for Niah," he assured her.

"Nor do I for her, certainly," Juliet said.

Alex cracked a smile and kissed her mouth. She kissed him back.

That afternoon, Juliet showed Alex just how much he belonged to her, and not some tramp named Niah.

He did not mind.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 513 30
Scarlett Taylor Anderson is a normal 17 year old that lives in America, but is going to be in the exchange program. She is moving to Australia for a...
4.9K 244 22
Romeo & Juliet set in the rivalry world of high school football and cheer. California girl Juliet Cane (16) is blindsided by the new 5-star quarterb...
1.1K 121 12
❛ she's always wondered what people thought of her but she'd never care enough to ask. juliets life was simple and quiet until she met him. following...
1.8K 201 42
Previously titled: Juliet & Crash (Currently working on second edit and revisement) Blanche Washington has lived a life that most would be envious of...