Second Chances

By monmoncheese

"I don't believe you." Noah said. I don't believe myself either. I thought. "Well, you should because I'm not... More

F•o•r•e•w•o•r•d
I•n•t•r•o•d•u•c•t•i•o•n
Chapter:01
Chapter:02
Chapter:03
Chapter:04
Chapter:05
Chapter:06
Chapter:07
Chapter:08
Chapter:09
Chapter:10
Chapter:12
Chapter:13
Chapter:14
Chapter:15
Chapter:16
Chapter:17
Chapter:18
Chapter:19
Chapter:20
Chapter:21
Chapter:22
Chapter:23
Chapter:24
Chapter:25
Chapter:26
Chapter:27
Chapter:28
Chapter:29
Chapter:30
Chapter:31
Chapter:32
Chapter:33
Chapter:34
Chapter:35
Chapter:36
Chapter:37
Chapter:38
Chapter:39
Chapter:40
Chapter:41
Chapter:42
Chapter:43

Chapter:11

589 32 4
By monmoncheese

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
Chapter:11 Published 11/19/2018

•••

"Look first for honesty in a smile, not beauty"-JH Hard

Noah

"Yes dad, I will make sure to bring both of them to the restaurant." Emily said on the phone.

She was talking to her dad while I looked outside the window. The day seemed bright. No evidence of yesterday's rainstorm. I guess it left as quick as it came.

"Alright dad, love you see you soon. Bye." Emily said before hanging up.

"What did he say?" Cole asked Emily. He was sitting on the couch while looking at his phone.

"He wants me to bring the both of you to the restaurant. So, lets get going." She said putting on her coat. "Noah, come on. You are coming." Emily continued grabbing my arm pulling me away from the arm.

"Cole, lock the door please." I said to Cole as he was the last on to exit.

The three of us walked down the stairs before exiting the building.

"Whose car are we taking?" Emily asked.

"Let's take yours." I answered nodding to her car.

She smiled before walking to the driver's side. I sat in the back without much thought. When Cole got in we headed off to see Mr. Adams.

Throughout the car ride Cole and Emily were engrossed in their conversation while I looked out the window.

After the three of us left the cemetery, we came to my apartment. For a while we talked as Emily and Cole tried to comfort me.

But when I saw that they were getting drowsy I told them to sleep in the guest rooms. Thankfully both of them headed to the guest rooms without any argument.

As the night got darker I headed to my room and prepared myself for bed. When I was done I laid on the bed, but I found myself unable to fall asleep. My mind kept drifting to Caroline. I thought about all the "what ifs". Thinking of a future that would never happen.

I wanted a future with her, a future where I could form a family with her. But, fate had other plans.

Thinking about her still hurt, but I was glad she was not in pain. I was relieved that she was okay now and that was all I needed to know. Even if fate had taken her away from me, I knew that one day I would be okay as well.

But for now, I would continue to miss her. Until the days passed and it no longer caused me pain.

For a few hours all I did was think of her until I fond myself falling asleep.

When I woke up this morning I realized that I had dreamed of her again. I was disappointed when I found it was it was a dream but dismissed it since I she appeared in my dreams.

•••

"Noah, Noah!" Cole exclaimed. Snapping back to reality I looked at him.

"Sorry I was thinking about something. Are we here?" I asked and he nodded.

All three of us exited the car and walked towards the restaurant. Emily locked arms with Cole and I.

"Come on cheer up, I am sure Emily will make us something delicious." Cole said as we entered. I heard my phone buzz and I grabbed it. Looking down I saw that it was a message from my brother.

'I hope your friends are taking care of you. I will be home soon. Take care, Noah. See you soon.' It read and I smiled.

Putting the phone back in my pocket I looked ahead. I saw Mr. Adams head towards me. When he reached me, he gave me a hug.

"I'm sorry son, Caroline was a lovely person." He said patting back. He let go of me and greeted Cole and Emily.

"Hello dad." Emily said giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Hello sweetheart."

"Mr. Adams it is nice to see you again." Cole said before hugging him.

"Same goes to you son." He said patting Cole's back. "Let's sit down." He continued guiding us towards a table.

When we were seated, Mr. Adams turned to me. "Are you okay Noah. If you need anything just let me know." He said.

"It is alright Mr. Adams, no need to worry. These two are already taking care of me despite my objections." I said pointing to Emily and Cole.

Mr. Adams laughed before responding. "Noah I already told you to call me Jeffrey. Same goes to you Cole. There is no need to be so formal."

"Sorry I just don't want to be disrespectful." I said.

"Nonsense, don't worry about it alright. So you two kids address me by my first name. Got it?" He said.

"Yes, sir?" Cole said and I nodded.

The four of us talked for a whole until Jeffrey called someone over.

"Ms. Kingston, could you take their order please." He said.

"Cole you can go first." Said Emily.

"I will have a black coffee along with my friend, miss Gabriella." He said.

"I will have a glass of wine. You can choose the wine." Emily said.

"And you Mr. Adams?" The girl asked. "Just a glass of water dear." He responded.

While waiting for our drinks, I noticed that Cole kept looking at something but I paid no mind to it. It wasn't long until I hear the girl come back.

"A glass of Merlot's red wine." She said placing the glass of wine next to Emily's right.

"Thank you." Replied Emily with a smile.

"Mr. Adams here is your glass of water."

"Thank you darling" He replied back.

I looked at my phone responding to some emails while she passed the drinks.

"And for you, a cup of black of coffee."

"Thank you sweetheart." He replied.

"Here is your black coffee sir." The girl said placing my cup of coffee next to me. I looked up to thank her. But, when my eyes made contact with hers I was surprised.

Standing besides me was the girl from the hospital. Her face held recognition as she looked at me.

As I looked at her I realized that she didn't look okay. Her face was pale but her cheeks were flushed. Her eyes looked a bit red.

Was she okay?

Realizing that I was staring at her too long, I adverted my eyes.

"Thank you, miss Kingston." I said looking at her name tag. She nodded in response. Clearing her throat her eyes looked around the table.

"Do you guys need anything else?" She asked. The rest responded a 'no'.

"Alright, when you guys are ready to order don't hesitate to call me." She said. Turning around she headed towards another table.

I looked around the table before looking at Cole. Who coincidentally was also looking at me. Except that there was a glint in his eyes. I recognized it because he often showed that glint when he knew something or was planning to do something. He smiled at me and I frowned.

What did he know?

And then I realized that he had mentioned the name Gabriella earlier. He probably recognized her. But there must have been something else.

I decided to think of it later and turned to Mr. Adams.

As Noah talked to his friends, Cole kept glancing at Gabriella.

For a second he was surprised to see her and thought she was a customer but smiled when he saw the uniform. Not only did she work at the café that Noah and him frequented often, but she also worked at the restaurant that they often came to eat at.

Cole kept looking at Noah to see if he realized, but his friend did not notice her until she placed his coffee besides him. When Noah finally saw the girl, Cole smiled at his reaction.

One could tell that Cole had something planned in his mind, but it would be unveiled later.

Maybe for a much dreaded chapter in life...

'The beauty of waiting'. He thought.

For now he would just wait and watch to see how things worked out. He didn't think much of the situation in front of his eyes, but if he saw something interesting he would have to do something about it.

Meanwhile, Gabriella was shock to see Noah. As she walked to the kitchen to place the order of table 8, she couldn't hide her shock from seeing Noah.

After she left the table with Mr. Adams friends, the gentlemen from table 8 had placed their orders. Giving the kitchen staff the orders she looked back to a certain table.

Gabriella was feeling guilty every time she saw Noah. She felt the need to apologize for her rude behavior but did not know how. In her defense, she had the right to be upset but it did not justify her rude actions.

Ignoring the thought, she steadied herself next to the wall. She was feeling dizzy and her headache did not make it better.

And for a second, she thought if she should go to her next job after this one. But she quickly shook away the thought. She told her boss she would be there and so she would.

"Table 8!" One of the chef's rang the bell. She quickly placed the dishes on the cart and proceeded to walk to table 8.

When she arrived she began to place their dishes on the table. Quickly finishing up, she turned around but the girl Emily called her over.

Gabriella

"Are you guys ready to order" I asked.

"Yes, my dad and I will have the World Wide Wagyu." Emily said and I nodded while writing it down. When I was finished I turned to the other guy Cole.

"I would like the crab bisque soup please." He said. Lastly, I walked to last person who was still looking at the menu.

"And you sir?"

"For me... the fresh Tagliolini with butter and white truffles." He finally said.

"Okay, anything else?" I asked the table.

"Can you bring the bottle of red Merlot wine to the table dear." Mr. Adams.

Once I was sure they wouldn't order anything else, I walked away. Looking at table 8 I saw that they were satisfied with their food and I smiled.

Reaching the kitchen, I gave the note so someone and left to get the bottle of wine. "Mr. Adams wants the bottle of Red Merlot wine." I said to the person waiting at the window. Hearing the order, he left. I waited for a minute until he came with bottle.

"Here you go Gabriella." He said.

"Thank you, Thomas." I said looking to his name tag. I still didn't know the name of all of my co-workers so I had to look at his name tag. Placing the wine on the cart, I pushed it to the kitchen.

"Are the dishes for Mr. Adams table ready?" I asked one of the kitchen staff. She looked back and nodded a 'no'.

Exiting the kitchen, I waited silently by the wall. I stood there for a few minutes until the bell rang.

Looking to see if it was for my table I walked to the kitchen window and saw that it was my table. I picket up the dishes slowly and placed them on the cart. When I was done I proceeded to push the cart to the table.

When I arrived to their table I quickly started setting their dishes.

"Two world wide Wagyus." I said to Mr. Adams and his daughter. They replied with a small thank you.

"For you sir, the crab bisque soup." I carefully placed the soup to his right.

"And lastly, the fresh Tagliolini with butter and white truffles." I said to Noah.

"Thank you, miss." He said looking at my eyes for a small second.

"Here is the wine." I said placing the bottle of wine on the table.

"Enjoy!" I said and left.

•••

Around 30 minutes passed as I attended tables. It was getting full and my co-wokers and I were rushing as more people came in. The gentlemen from table 8 had left after ordering their dessert.

I was cleaning their table and picking up the tips they left. When I was done cleaning their table I headed to the front desk.

For a few minutes I stayed leaning against the wall until another worker came.

"Gabriella, are you okay?" One of the managers Laura asked.

"Huh, or um yeah I'm fine." I replied back to her.

"Are you sure, you don't look fine." She said, and walk towards me to place her hand on my forehead causing me to become stiff.

"Oh honey you are burning up. Why did you come to work today?" She asked and I smiled awkwardly. I was feeling uncomfortable because she was worrying about me.

"Its okay, don't worry about it. I will be better later once I take some of the medicine I brought." I said.

"You know what, take a break. Go take your medicine." She said.

"I didn't want to be mean and say no so I just nodded and walked away.

As I walked, I was forced to stop because I was feeling lightheaded. Forcing me to lean on the wall. I stayed there with my forehead against the wall for a while, the silence comforting me.

Who knows how long I stood there before a voice interrupted my silence.

*****

Aaaah, this chapter was kind of cringey. I cannot believe this is already chapter 11. Also do not forget that the heart in the middle symbolizes a third person point of view. Anyways, hope you enjoy it. Bye loves.

-♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 14.1K 104
Everyone has that one life changing moment, That moment defines you. It shapes who you are as a person, and pushes you down the path that leads to th...
193 18 12
This story is a remake of 'Unexpected Romance'. It's a friends to enemies to lovers Romance. The main characters; Ethan and Noah have known each ot...
43.5K 4.9K 85
"What else do you want me to say, Mia?" "Did you mean it?" There is a pause and I just-I feel exhausted, the kind that 12 hours of sleep hasn't been...
3.8K 372 83
"It's too much to remember everything and everyone, all pain and hurt is killing me day by day little by little. I wish I could remove all the pain a...