The Arrangement | ✔️

By Phunmito

Kayla Andrews was living a simple life even as the daughter of one of the richest men in the society, she sti... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Author's Note
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
NOT AN UPDATE!!!
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue
THANK YOU!!
Bonus Chapter 1
BOOK COVERS
WINNER!!

Chapter 13

146K 5.1K 563
By Phunmito

I woke up to the sound of the water hitting the shore which was a refreshing sound to hear so early in the morning and I could get used to it but I wasn't feeling refreshed at all and I could feel that my eyes were swollen due to the fact that they couldn't fully open even as I tried.

I got out of the bed and walked to the bathroom and the sight I saw shocked me. My eyes were swollen and puffy and my nose blotched and I knew I was gonna have to do something about it because I didn't want Jason seeing me like this but I didn't know what to do.

I had a quick shower which seemed to relieve my swollen eyes but they were still pretty obvious so I decided I was going to avoid Jason today until my eyes went back to how they looked normally.

I put on a pair of faded jeans and my black camisole and sat down thinking of what to do.

I didn't exactly know what people do the day after their wedding when they're not on their honeymoon and again I doubted the fact that people ever did that.

Great! My life sucked.

My stomach suddenly rumbled signaling me that I was hungry so I decided to find something to eat downstairs since it was fully stocked when I checked it last night.

The house looked more beautiful with the sun shining through the floor to ceiling windows and I could find myself getting comfortable in this place.

I was still studying the house when I heard a sound coming from the kitchen and I froze in my tracks.

The thought of meeting Jason with my swollen eyes made my heart race a mile per minute. I finally decided to suck it up and walk into the kitchen but I got a shock when I entered.

There was a blonde lady in the kitchen wearing a blue sundress and white sandals but she wasn't seating, she was working and for a minute she didn't notice my presence until I cleared my throat which made her shake in fear.

"Oh–good morning ma'am." She said with a nervous smile.

"Good morning." I said giving her a genuine smile so she would get comfortable around me although I couldn't help the confused look on my face which she seemed to notice immediately.

"Um–I'm Jane. I'm Helen's daughter and I help Mr Anderson with housekeeping and sometimes I help him cook." She offered with a timid smile.

"How old are you Jane?"

"Twenty."

"Don't you go to school or something?"

"I do but Mr Anderson pays for my tuition and all so I come here as often as I can to help out. It's the least I could do after all his help."

"That's very nice. So what do you major in?" I asked sitting on the kitchen island.

"Culinary arts ma'am."

"Oh please Jane, Kayla's just fine. I don't want to feel older than I already am." I said smiling at her which made her giggle a little.

"I'll try but I can't promise you ma—Kayla."

"Fair enough. Tell you what, since I'm here now, you don't have to come as often as you do although I can't promise I won't be calling you each time I feel like eating your food that is if you're a great cook but all the same, I'd like you to focus more on your studies and less on this big house. I think I can manage it." I said with a wink.

"I'll try but I don't think I can stay away from this place for a long time anyway."

"We'll work around that." We settled in a comfortable silence and she went back to cleaning God knows what because the house was already clean.

"Mr. Anderson asked to tell you that he'll be in France for the next one week or so." She said suddenly turning to look at me and just like that, I felt like someone poured a bucket of ice water on me.

He really hated me that he didn't want to even spend a day with me.

What kind of idiot leaves his wife the day after their wedding? I hoped she didn't see my face fall but by the sad look on her face, I could tell she noticed.

"When did he leave?" I asked in a sad tone.

"Around five this morning."

"Oh–okay. Thanks." I said getting up to go back to my room, I wasn't gonna cry because I already did enough of that last night but that didn't mean I couldn't feel bad. I felt horrible.

"Can I make breakfast for you?" she asked in a hopeful tone.

"That'll be great thanks."

"Alright I'll just bring it up to you when I'm done."

"Thanks Jane."

I got to my room and went straight to my bed.

I felt empty.

I couldn't cry and I couldn't laugh either. I knew I couldn't go to work for another week or so and I didn't want to call Cami or any of my family members so I wouldn't bother them with my problem.

I decided to go online and check on my mails when an headline pipped up.

'BILLIONAIRE JASON ANDERSON FOUND IN FRANCE THE DAY AFTER HIS WEDDING'

I knew I wasn't gonna like what I would see but apparently my brain and my hands were not friends at that moment and before I knew it, I was tapping on the headline.

When it opened, it read,

Billionaire Jason Anderson was found in France in the early hours of today after his huge wedding which took place yesterday. We're beginning to suspect that there's trouble in paradise because his wife Kayla Anderson wasn't seen with him. We all expected them to be in an expensive honeymoon but instead it seems Mr. Anderson is here in a business trip with his wife back at home. Could their marriage be ARRANGED?

My heart broke a little at the fact that they had managed to figure this out even though they were not really sure about it. I got really tired and closed my laptop to stare at the ceiling and since I couldn't cry anymore, I managed to sleep but even that was short lived.

My phone rang and Cami's name piped up but I didn't pick up. Dray was next to call and I did the same thing but when I realised I wasn't gonna pick up, I decided to switch off my phone.

I didn't want anyone's pity especially from my family and I didn't want to bother them with my problems even though they were the ones that put me here in the first place.

I spent the whole week just being inside and not going anywhere. The only reason I was probably still alive was because Jane came regularly to check on me and feed me even after I told her not to bother most times, the lady was stubborn but I was grateful. Her food was amazing though.

I hadn't stepped out from the house in six days because of the paparazzi especially and I read articles about Jason frequently succeeding in his business while I stayed home being a waste. I hadn't switched my phone back on and no one had come to visit me which I was grateful for.

I was just staring at the beach and listening to the waves crash against the shore when something finally clicked in me.

This wasn't me.

I wasn't full of self-pity and I sure as hell didn't allow a man to judge my life. Tony never did that so why the hell was I making Jason do that?

I decided I was going to go back to work on Monday regardless of everything I would probably face.

If Jason could do it then I could too but first I needed to do something. I needed to drown in my self-pity one more time before I finally forgot about it and I knew just who to call.

I switched my phone on and after reading the messages from Cami, Dray and Ella, I replied them all and before I could even do anything, Cami called.

"Hey best friend." I said with a smile.

"May! What the hell!? What happened to you? Where have you been!?" She asked all at once.

"One at a time babe. I'm fine and I'm in Jason's house."

"It's your house too y'know?"

"I wish." I answered her rolling my eyes.

"Have you seen the media lately?"

"Yeah I have and can we please not talk about it?" I asked in a pleading tone.

"Sure. So what's up?"

"I need a favor."

"Anything for you."

"Can we go out tonight? I need to forget."

"Forget what?" she asked in a confused tone.

"Everything." I said with a tired sigh and she was quiet for a while before she finally replied.

"Fine. I'll be there by 8."

"Thanks b! I owe you."

"Absolutely not. Shut up."

I laughed and hung up.

I got up and walked to my wardrobe to pick out a dress and after so much debate with my inner self, I finally decided on a silver sequined dress that ended at my mid-tigh and a pair of silver heels but I doubted I would be able to walk in them by the end of the night due to the amount of drinking I was going to be doing.

At exactly eight, I heard the doorbell ring and true to her words, Cami was at my doorstep in a black strapless gown and a pair of red heels.

She did my hair in a tight bun and a smokey look with red lipstick which gave me a daring look.

When we were done, we got into the taxi she called because I definitely won't be able to drive but something told me Cami wasn't going to be as drunk as I would be when we finally leave.

The drive to the club was a short one and we talked about everything except my marriage which was the point of our outing. I was going to forget I was married to someone who hated me and be a single person for tonight, even if it was for just the night. I even left my ring at home which only made my point clearer.

Club Neon was one of the best clubs in the city and just like the name, it only had neon lights.

Cami was friends with the owner of the club so we got into the VIP section with ease and I was relieved to find out that no one recognized me as Jason's wife as that was the last thing I needed but I seemed to grab the attention of some male specimens who kept staring at me like they wanted to eat me up.

The music was blasting and I could feel the bass coursing through my veins which gave me a feeling of euphoria. We or I rather quickly ordered a shot of tequila which I shared with Cami but after my seventh shot, I knew I was a goner.

I started giggling like an idiot and my carefree self suddenly came out.

I began to feel dizzy but that didn't stop me from dancing with everyone that came up to me which were mostly men.

As I grinded against every guy I danced with, I couldn't help but feel guilty but who the hell was I kidding? I was single for the night.

After what felt like hours, I had suddenly lost count of how many shots I took and the people I danced with so when Cami can to drag me back to sit down, I didn't object but I found myself giggling at every little thing.

Cami called the cab and while we were waiting, I finally had the urge to go.

"Cami!! I need to pee!!" I said like a little child.

"No May, I can't let you go anywhere alone in your condition." She said in a scolding voice which made me look at her in alarm.

"Am I pregnant?"I asked wide-eyed while touching my stomach.

"Of course not you idiot! You're drunk." She said rolling her eyes.

"Oh phew! I was scared. And I'm not drunk. I can walk in a straight line. See?" I said standing up and hadn't even taken two steps before I fell back down.

"Cami! The world is spinning." I said to her and suddenly giggled like a child.

"My point exactly sweetheart." She said rolling her eyes.

Suddenly a man came to sit beside me and he was had a huge grin on his face.

"Hello gorgeous." He said to me

"Hi handsome." I replied back with giggle and I could help but notice his blue eyes which were similar to Jason's but Jason's were more intense.

What the hell?! Why was I thinking about Jason now?

"I'm James. What's your name?" He asked with a smile which looked harmless to me.

Considering what harmless looked like to a totally hammered lady.

"Kayla Andrews or Anderson. I'm not exactly sure." I said putting my hands below my chin in a thinking manner.

"And why is that?"

"I'm not sure. I think I'm married but I don't see any ring in my finger so I don't think I am." I said examining my hand in confusion.

"That's because you took it off you idiot! Now come on! Let's go home." Cami said coming up to me and wrapping her arms around me for support.

"Okay mum!" I said in an overly excited voice and another giggle.

Yep! I was definitely drunk.

"Do you need help?" I heard John or what's his name? I don't remember ask.

I shook my head furiously with a giggle and I waved him goodbye.

"Bye Judah!" I shouted over the music and I saw him laugh.

"It's James. See you soon Kayla." He said waving slightly which made me giggle again.

That's it! I have a giggling problem.

As soon as I settled in the car, I could feel my eyes begin to drop as I rested my head on Cami's shoulder.

"I'm so sorry you have to go through this alone. I didn't know it was this bad." I heard my best friend say as I slowly became unconscious.

"It's not your fault Cami. Don't worry, I'll be fine. I promise." I said and let out another giggle.

"I know you will babe. That's why you're my best friend."

I gave a small smile before I was finally carried away by the darkness and at that moment, I forgot about everything.

So sorry for the late update.

Next chapter is gonna be in Jason's POV so watch out!

Thanks for reading and don't forget to click on the little star at the bottom of your screen and leave your comments(as positive as possible please)but constructive criticism is allowed.💋💋💋💋💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.9K 715 11
''The five hundred thousand has already made you my wife.'' What can a girl do when she finds herself caught between two gorgeous heirs? After having...
246K 11.5K 63
"At this point, I'll be grateful for your pieces." ***** Jessica Franklin is at her wit ends, literally. With two sist...
131K 3K 33
Jason I started kissing her jaw but not kissing her lips, I like to tease her "Jason please... " she moans grabbing my hair. "Patience baby, do you...
473K 17.5K 28
Arranged marriage? In this day and age? Seriously? That's the proposition Elizabeth Westville, a young beautiful heiress, has to face in order to bri...