The Six Guns

By LeoFraust

After an incident called the Naris Catastrophe, the world was brought down to it's knees. With humanity on th... More

Character List and References
Prologue
Chapter One: That Strange Man
Chapter Two: Mutual
Chapter Three: Vivi
Chapter Four: Sibling Rivalry
Chapter Five: A Way Out
Chapter Six: Zia
Chapter Seven: Journeys
Chapter Eight: Finn
Chapter Nine: Service With a Smile
Chapter Ten: Alex
Chapter Eleven: Signs of a World War
Chapter Twelve: Family of Friends
Chapter Thirteen: Dead Crater
Chapter Fourteen: Home Is Where the Heart Is
Chapter Fifteen: Galvanize
Chapter Sixteen: The Six Guns
Chapter Seventeen: Armed and Dangerous
Chapter Eighteen: Greed
Chapter Nineteen: The Ueda Sisters
Chapter Twenty: A Day To Remember
Chapter Twenty-One: Miscalculation
Chapter Twenty-Two: Don't Let Go
Chapter Twenty-Three: Returning Fire
Chapter Twenty-Four: Goodbyes
Chapter Twenty-Five: Vega
Chapter Twenty-Six: Ace
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Don
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Mother First
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Robin Hood
Chapter Thirty: What Has Passed
Chapter Thirty-One: Search Party
Chapter Thirty-Two: Running Circles
Chapter Thirty-Three: Guardian Angel
Chapter Thirty-Four: Giving Up
Chapter Thirty-Five: Siran
Chapter Thirty-Six: Resistance
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Answers
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Victory By Defeat
Chapter Forty: Tools of the Trade
Chapter Forty-One: Just Like You
Chapter Forty-Two: Controversy
Chapter Forty-Three: Of the Same Coin
Chapter Forty-Four: The Game
Chapter Forty-Five: Sense of Duty
Chapter Forty-Six: Hunters
Chapter Forty-Seven: Predator
Chapter Forty-Eight: Not You
Chapter Forty-Nine: Diplomacy
Chapter Fifty: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter Fifty-One: One Last Time
Chapter Fifty-Two: Whatever Happens
Chapter Fifty-Three: Separation of Power
Chapter Fifty-Four: Teamwork
Chapter Fifty-Five: The Right Thing
Chapter Fifty-Six: See You On the Other Side
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Fall
Chapter Fifty-Eight: Our Lives
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Our Time
Epilogue
Afterword

Chapter Thirty-Seven: This Is Home

8 0 0
By LeoFraust

  Siran spent days teaching the General and nine other high ranking officers in the military how to use Reactive Endoindustria. These ten people that Siran taught from that point became known as the Mages Guild. Siran also taught the art to Angela secretly as well as absorption magic. Angela wasn't as good at channeling her own endo, so Siran taught her how to use the Endoindustria of her surroundings. The military took over the job of tracking down Naris, and while waiting, Siran and Angela went to the crater that Naris made. What was once known as the city of Tulsa and would later be known as Dead Crater. They visited the crater as if it were Mason's grave. There, Angela had planted one Blue Iris flower.
"It stands for hope and courage" Angela says as she finishes planting the flower at the edge of the crater. "The flower, I mean, stands for hope. Which is something Mason always tried to bring to the world".
"He would've loved it, I'm sure" Siran says.
There were others who came to visit the crater. People came to show respect for the soldiers that had fallen to Naris. This was sort of like a service that the military hosted as a sort of memorial ceremony. After they returned to the base, the General, General Recken pulled Siran aside to talk.
"It's a good time to make our move" Recken says. "Reports say Naris was spotted traveling across the Atlantic Ocean, towards the new continent formed. The new continent has been named Atlanta, and it seems Naris is there at the time. We want you to come with the rest of us Mages to fight".
"I need to bring Angela with" Siran says, "she won't rest until she sees Naris's dead body".
"That's not happening" Recken says.
"She knows the art of Reactive Endoindustria too" Siran argues. "She'll be useful as backup in case the worst case scenario goes down".
"We're not bringing a pregnant woman to fight" Recken says, "end of story. Now remain on standby, we leave tomorrow".
After a lot of arguing, Siran decided that he'd sneak Angela there anyways. Angela personally asked Siran to bring her next time they go fight Naris, and as much as Siran wanted to say no, he knew she wouldn't accept no as an answer. While waiting to leave, Siran and Angela were exchanging stories of their lives before the incident. Or rather, Angela was telling Siran about her story and Siran refused to tell Angela about his own story. Eventually, Siran gave in to Angela's arguing and told her all about how he was a normal human. Angela was definitely shocked, and didn't believe it at first, but eventually came to accept it. Although, even though she accepted his story, she still didn't believe most of what he said. The time came for them to leave, and Siran had hidden Angela on the helicopter before they took off. They used two separate Chinook helicopters to carry the whole team, and Siran took advantage of the crates of supplies to hide her while also using just a little touch of illusion magic. When they arrived at the new continent, Atlanta, they could already see Naris.
"Can't believe you're still alive" Naris says as Siran and the Mages Guild approached. Angela has stayed behind, watching but not letting any of the Mages know she came along. "You're like a bug that I have to swat several times before you die" Naris continues.
"I guess we were both wrong" Siran says, "when we said we would end this last time. This time, we'll make sure to end this".
"Seems as though the humans cooperate with you" Naris says, "despite your appearance. Did you ever bother telling them how the world became like this?".
"That's not important right now" Siran says. "Right now, we have unfinished business".
"But it's such a good story, I think they'd love to hear it" Naris says.
"Shut up!" Siran says as he throws the first attack. A spear of reactive endo pierces Naris. Soon after, the Mages follow up with the same attack. Eleven bright white spears of light pinned Naris to the ground. Naris screams in pain for a short second before asking "They really don't know? They don't know that you're actually a human? And that you're the one who set me free on the world. That you're the one responsible for all those people dying?".
"Siran, explain!" Recken demands.
"Not the time!" Siran says.
Naris laughs maniacally as he raises a fist into the air. The air pressure rose significantly as lightning fell from the heavens and struck all around them. "Die!" Naris yells, but suddenly, his magic was absorbed. As Siran and the rest looked over, Angela was there. Angela was doing the same thing that Siran had once done. She was absorbing Naris's power into herself. "You've got to be kidding!" Naris shouts in anger.
"No!" Siran yells, "Angela! Don't!".
"You have no time to waste!" Angela shouts back, "finish the job! I'm doing all that I can to hold him back!".
Siran clenches his fists in anger before redirecting the lightning from the sky and turning that into reactive endo. It formed one giant spear that was taller than Naris himself, and it struck down on him like a hammer. The spear dug into the earth, pinning Naris to the ground with it. Naris no longer made any more noise. The earth under him has cracked and Naris's body started slowly dissolving into the ground. Eventually, Naris was gone, and they had won. But there was no victory for Siran. The Mages had pointed their weapons at Siran now. On top of that, Angela had collapsed onto the ground, and was barely conscious. Siran rushed to her side.
"Explain" Recken says, "can you deny any of which Naris had said?".
Siran thought for a moment and said "No... I can't".
"Then this is all your fault after all?" Recken asks.
"I... I don't know anymore" Siran says, "I just want to save my friends".
"YOU GET AWAY FROM HER!" Recken yells. "We'll be taking care of Angela Mahina from here. But you... you have crimes to answer for!".
"You promise you can save her?" Siran asks.
"Are you trying to bargain with us?" Recken asks. "If we promise, will you turn yourself in?".
Siran thinks for a moment again and says "I can't go on without at least knowing if her and her future daughter will be safe. So, I can't let you kill me now".
"Wait!" Recken yells. But Siran didn't wait. Siran ran off with an immense speed that no one could keep up with. "You'll be hunted!" Recken yells, "no matter where you hide! No one will take your side!".

Months later, Angela had her baby. Her daughter's name was Lily Phelloma Mahina. However, while Lily appeared to be healthy, Angela was still slowly dying from the Endoindustria she absorbed. Siran wasn't anywhere to be found. He couldn't save her. Angela passed away when Lily was two years old. Angela hadn't absorbed as much as Siran did, but she also didn't have Gaia to save her like Siran did. It was later discovered when Lily was six years old that she had an exceptional capacity for endo as well as she learned magic exceptionally fast. Recken of the Mages Guild has taken in Lily to take care of her. After so many years, people had begun building houses again and Recken lived in one with Lily, just the two of them. One night though, Lily found out she was not so alone. One night, just outside of her window, she saw two bright glowing eyes and a shadowy figure in the tree outside of her bedroom window. She opened up her window and asked "Hello?" To call out to it. The shadowy figure stepped forward and greeted her kindly.
"Hey, isn't it your bed time?" The voice asked politely. It was Siran, watching over her house in secrecy.
"Who are you?" Lily asks.
"I'm Siran" he says, "I was close friends with your mom and dad".
"My mom and sad?" She asks. "Isn't Siran that bad guy though?". Siran flinched as if he was stung in the heart. "What were they like?" Lily asks.
"Hm?" Siran asks.
"What were my mom and dad like?" Lily asks. "I only remember my mom's face a little bit. I don't remember what she was like".
  From that point on, Siran would return every night to tell Lily about her heroic parents that gave everything for the world. It didn't take long, but eventually Lily started referring to Siran as "Uncle Siran". Everyday for many years, Siran would spend his days hiding, and his nights talking to Lily. Siran told her about everything, from his life before Naris, to meeting Mason and Angela, then defeating Naris. Before he knew it, Lily was already moving out. She was only 14 years old and wasn't moving out by  herself, rather she was moving with Recken. They decided to move to Atlanta. Together, Recken and the other Mages were forming a new country called Omnia. All over the world, everyone was focused on rebuilding the world. However, most of America was riddled with Endoindustria, and so much of it that it killed most of the plant life and crop. Most of the people in America were moving to Atlanta. There, people had formed Two new countries. Balphor and Omnia. In the future, more countries would be formed, such as Seeira. Lily and Recken were leaving for Omnia.
"I don't want to go with these old men" Lily complains. "They're all prudent and stuck up. Total sticks in the mud, you know?".
"I absolutely do know" Siran says, "I had to work with them". Lily and Siran share a long laugh together before Lily asks "Can you come with? I know you have to hide and all, but will you be able to come to Omnia too? It'll be so boring there".
"I can try" Siran says, "but I can't promise anything".
"Thanks" Lily says, "you're my hero".
Lily left for Omnia and Siran tried as hard as he could to find his own way to Omnia. He couldn't find any way to cross the ocean without being attacked by people anymore. It was clear to him that he had to find a way to shed his appearance. A long time passed before Siran made any good progress. For years, Siran practiced shapeshifting magic. Since the magic has never been taught, he had to create the spell on his own. After several years, he was able to change small portions of his body to look differently. Too much time had passed before Siran was able to completely shapeshift. It had been 60 years before Siran found his way to Omnia. He asked around for Lily Mahina. No one knew her personally, but people did recognize the name Mahina. Some pedestrians pointed Siran to Pilloa, the land of the Mahina Clan. Lily had moved out when she was old enough and got married. There, she shared all of Siran's stories with her family and they passed it down to their family. Together, all of the families shared a piece of land under the name of the Mahina Clan. When Siran arrived, he asked around for Lily Mahina and could not believe his eyes when he saw her. Siran did not know how much time had passed. When he saw her, she was almost 75 years old.
"You look different" Lily says to Siran with a smile, "Uncle Siran".
Siran's eyes filled with tears as he finally got to meet with Lily again. Siran spent years with the Mahina Clan, by Lily's side. One day, Lily had a gift for Siran. It was a dark blue cowboy hat with a pair of dark goggles.
"This is for you" Lily says with a loving voice. "I don't know when your birthday is, but I realized I've never given you a gift before".
"I can't accept something from you" Siran says.
"Come on, don't be shy!" Lily says.
"No, really, thanks anyways" Siran argues.
"Just take the stupid hat!" Lily says as she puts the hat on Siran forcefully. "See? It's a perfect fit for your big head!".
Siran and Lily share a laugh, just like old times. However, a couple years later, the time came for Lily to pass. Siran stayed for her funeral, then bid the Mahina Clan farewell. The Mahina Clan promised to keep passing down the story of Siran in Lily's honor. After that, Siran roamed the Earth aimlessly with a heavy heart. About 116 years passed, when Siran was wondering around Seeira. He was lost and starving. He had no home and no friends. But that was all about to change. There, he met a woman who goes by the name Vivi. Vivi brought him food and a bottle of water. Civilization hasn't progressed much for over 150 years because all this time was spent rebuilding the world and changing how the world runs. For example, bullet based guns and explosives including missiles and bombs were outlawed, and standard electricity was switched for endo powered electricity. When Vivi found him, the world wasn't much different from how it was so long ago.
  "You okay?" Vivi asked as she hands some food to Siran. "What's your name?".
  "Siran" he says.
  "That's a weird name" Vivi says, "I've never heard of that name before. Where are you from?".
  "America" Siran says.
  "You have any family?" Vivi asks. "Maybe friends or someone you could go to?".
  "I haven't had friends or family for a long time" Siran says. Siran then realizes that he was being too honest and was afraid he just made Vivi feel sad for him. In order to try and fix this, he tried to do his best smile. But what appeared on his face was an obvious fake smile that seemed full of sadness.
  Vivi thinks to herself for a moment and let's Siran come with her to her house. "You look like you need a shower" Vivi says.
  On their way to Vivi's house, they walked past someone who was being mugged. At first, Vivi was ready to fight back against the mugger and protect the person being robbed, but instead Siran leaped into action. Siran swiftly dealt with the problem in an expertly fashion. After this, Vivi agreed to let Siran stay with her as long as he acts as the home's guard. After that, Siran met Alex and the rest, and that's how The Six Guns were formed.

  Now, back in modern time, Christmas Day of 2191. Vivi, Alex, Zia, Finn, Rose, Holly, Satomi, Mikoto, Tanya, Demetri and Robin all stood around Siran who sat on Vivi's couch still injured from the last mission. Zia was still in tears, the rest of the crew was silent. They didn't know what to think of Siran's story. They believed him, but they didn't know what emotion to feel.
  "Over time" Siran says, "I forgot a lot about myself. I don't remember my own name, my birthday and some other things. The hardest part of going through a long rough patch in life is composing yourself. Keeping yourself together is more important than winning a battle. That's a battle that I had lost. I'm sorry you had to be stuck with me all this time".
  To Siran's surprise, Zia leans forward and hugs Siran. "I don't regret our time spent together" Zia says. "Even if you think you were a monster, that's not who you are to us!".
  The rest of the team was still silent, until Vivi speaks up. "I know what it's like to be homeless and starving" she says. "It's mostly why I helped you when I found you. But Zia's right. I don't regret helping you. No matter what you were to me before I got to know you, you're my friend now. You're still like a little brother to me... although, I guess you're actually a lot older than I am".
  "And you're still our cap'n" Finn says.
  "We're a family" Rose adds.
  "Oh stop with the touchy feely stuff" Alex says. Alex then lowers a hand to Siran and helps him off the couch. Alex then hugs Siran with one arm and says "we're brothers in arms. That's what matters".
  Tears start falling from Siran's face. Although this time, they were tears of joy. Siran takes a deep breath and then gently says "You guys are my family, and that's what I really wanted all this time. With you guys here, this is home".
  "Aw, I didn't know Siran could cry" Mikoto says.
  "It's kind of touching" Tanya adds.
  Alex finally lets go of Siran and Siran uses one arm to wipe away his tears. A smile forms across his face. Regardless of the fact that Siran knew that he was still dying from the endo he absorbed from the remains of Naris in the desert, he still felt happy in this moment. Finally, Siran says once more "I'm home".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

337 21 43
Most of us long to "Be" but when the path gets too costly, or steep, we take solace in what we "Have." Remove the trappings of what we own and then w...
5.2K 154 14
[Story under heavy WIP, feedback very greatly appreciated. Title and description subject to constant changes.] "You never know what you truly have un...
7.8K 292 29
It has been many years since mankind has seen the horrors that was the Uprising: an unforeseen event which has caused mankind's demise, as the unknow...
622 473 84
In the near future the entire world is conquered by a group of people known as Royalties, or the Royals for short. They declared war on the planet. I...