πŒπŽππ’π“π„π‘ | KTH ❄️

By -kimtaesan

[COMPLETED] "So I'm not fired?" I stupidly ask. He pinches his chin and hums, his eyebrows furrowing dangerou... More

|PROLOGUE|
|00| しγͺい
|01| 降る
|02| 恋愛中
|03| boys are little shits
|04| first day
|05| i meant pervert!
|06| party
|07| babysitter
|08| bad skater
|09| all hail the princess
|10| barbie
|11| dashi run run run
|12| first date
|13| special delivery
|14| stormy nights
|15| just an innocent sleepover
|16| tipsy
|17| jealous
|18| no peeking
|19| rush
|20| crown of the new girl
|21| daddys little brat
|22| fight
|23| play nice
|24| store theif
|25| jungkook is a hero
|26| beach babe
|27| Mr nice guy
|28| campfire
|29| same girl
|30| 18
|31| special treat
|32| faded
|33| origins
|34| two sides to every story
|35| doubt
|γƒ’γƒ³γ‚Ήγ‚ΏγƒΌγ«ζ°—γ‚’δ»˜γ‘γ‚‹|
|36| emergency call
|37| Li
|38| break up
|39| fancy soccer ball
|40| moonlight
|41| humanitarian
|42| trespasser
|43| how to be rich, by Kim Taehyung
|44| invasion of privacy
|45| gotcha'
|46| brothers
|47| playdate
|48| reconcile
|49| winter wonderland
|50| christmas
|51| mulan
|52| toxic desires
|53| birthday boy
|54| confessions
|55| poisoned
|56| kink
|57| love, not lust
|58| pillow talk
|59| family dinner
|60| a day in the office
|61| sexy secretary
|62| blackmail
|63| exposed
|64| how could you
|65| two wrongs make a right
|66| art of illusion
|67| fresh start
|68| home, new, home
|69| perfectionists
|70| expensive girl
|71| only warning
|72| to freedom
|73| VIP only
|74| killshot
|76| climax
|77| inseperable
|78| FINALE
EPILOGUE PT. 1
EPILOGUE PT. 2
| Q&A + EXPLAINED |
⚠️GUESS WHA?!⚠️

|75| distraction

55K 5.4K 7.8K
By -kimtaesan

Look at what the amazingly talented acklesforlife01 made for the ending of chapter 64 😱 can we fangirl for just 1 sec??

VOTE ON THIS CHAPTER AND ENJOY!
❄️❄️❄️

Taehyung and I have been in the car for a crippling two hours almost. The distance between Jaebum's mansion and the city is even greater than I imagined, only having made it off the freeway minutes ago. If it weren't for passing cars disguised as beaming twin lights and the trail of lampposts, I'd swear we were in a late-night abyss.

A pulsing, neon 24-hour sign catches my eye as Taehyung turns into a gas station, pulls up beside a dispenser and steps out to fill the tank. Instead of staying by the car he walks into the convenience store opposite.

The second he disappears my mask cracks and tears leave my eyes.

I get why he's mad... He travelled all this way only to find out one of us was dead... But he's mad at me? Or is this just the way he grieves? I don't know whether to be hurt or sympathetic... I want to say something, I feel like I should since it's all...

"...All my fault." I whimper accidentally, tears puddling into my wrists.

I still have so many questions to ask about how he found me, but it's probably too soon. I'll keep quiet like he said.

Within a few minutes Taehyung returns. I quickly sniff and turn away to wipe my cheeks when a hot, crinkly weight plops onto my lap and I look down at the rolled up paper bag heating my thighs.

I hook my finger around the opening to look inside as the car moves. A burger, nachos, orange juice and every sauce under the sun.

"I wasn't sure which one you liked..." He murmurs.

I bring myself to a slow nod and re-curl the bag. I could honestly eat a horse right now, but at the same time, recent events have killed my appetite.

Minutes go by and the only noise that fills the car are Taehyung's blood-splotched fingers tapping against the steering wheel like a ticking clock. Until—

"How..." He begins before clearing his throat. "How did he die..."

My head doesn't shift and eyes fall to my thighs as the traumatizing memories I tried suppressing now flood my mind.

"I got locked away in a room... So I tried to escape but... I got caught. Jaebum shot Bogum as punishment.

His hands grip the steering wheel tighter, veins protruding and nails threatening to tear the leather. I catch Taehyung's eyes growing glassy again in the reflection of the mirror.

"Were you there?" He croaks.

I look out the window whilst inhaling to conceal the swelling tears. "Yeah."

My tongue reels in my lips as I sniff heavily, "I-I overheard them... saying they were hiding krokodil in a warehouse. North-Robinwood, like Bogum said."

His nods almost unnoticeably.

"Next time..."

I bring myself to look at him for the first time in hours, anticipating his next words even though his focus doesn't leave the road.

"Next time you're on your own. I can't guarantee I'll save you."

My neck turns away with no reaction, but a pinch still attacks my heart. To hear the person who once told you they loved you now say they'll no longer be there for you is upsetting, but even more so it's irritating. Does he not care about what I've been through? The fact that I could have died?

The rest of the journey follows with silence. We arrive at my house about 25 minutes later.

I unbuckle my seatbelt and unhook the door handle before pausing. "His last words..." I swallow, "Were that he'd never betray you. Just thought you should know that." I then climb out, throw the handle behind me and head indoors.

—DAYS EARLIER—

Humming to herself in thought for a while, Mina lifts from the bus-stop bench to reach for her phone and dial Taehyung's number.

"Hello?"

"Hey it's Mina. You haven't heard from Lilo lately have you?"

"...No, why?"

"Shes been ghost now for nearly a week. I just went to her new workplace and her boss said that she's there but I don't know, something seems fishy..."

"What's the name of the workplace?"

"It's a restaurant in Vinewood called Bluebell Cuis... Hello? Taehyung? Hello.....?" A deep flatline rumbles through Mina's ear, making her turn off the device with a sigh.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🌙
—TAEHYUNG'S POV—

I invite myself into the diner by passing the set of sleek glassy doors. The slender man by the entrance raises his finger to stop me but I already surpass him.

Wealthy couples and families chat over gourmet meals while I simply stand there and take in the environment. Seems like all the workers here are male, slim-bodied and presumingly gay.

"Are you searching for your table sir?" A timid girl asks me with large innocent eyes and hands lapped in front as I scan her with furrowed eyebrows. "Actually I wanted to speak to your boss."

"Oh, I'm sorry but I'm afraid he's bu—"

"I won't leave until I see him. Tell him to come out."

The girl's lips tighten like a string when she bows, "O-of course sir, I'll request him right away."

Before the girl has a chance to walk away I ask, "Are you new here?"

"E-excuse me?"

"You're the only female worker here, plus you're nervous. You're new right?"

"Y-yes," she tucks a hair behind her ear, "I was hired little under a week ago."

"Were you the only female worker when you joined?"

"There was another girl, Monique, although she's been absent recently so it's just been me. I'll go get our manager now, my name's Layla by the way."

"Thank you Layla." I nod.

A few minutes later, she returns with a short, round man in dark hair and glasses. As soon as he sees me he delivers a chummy smile, sending Layla off to go serve tables.

"Why hello young man, I hear you wanted to see me. If this is about our 2 for 1—"

"When was the last time Lilo was in?"

"I beg your pardon?"

"Today? Yesterday? When was the last time?"

The man looks around laughing nervously as if thinking I was joking. "I take it you're a friend of hers. Lilo's last shift was last night. I'm afraid I haven't spoken to her since then."

"But when you hired Layla and Monique last week they were the only female workers, no?"

The man's smile falls into a worried frown. I notice beads of sweat forming on his forehead while his smile flickers. It's then that I notice his knuckles are pale and palms are red with small cuts littered on them, while a blonde hair rests on his suit.

"Young man, I believe it's an invasion of privacy to ask about my staff's work schedules. If you're not registering a table I'm afraid you have to leave."

After staring at the man for a couple of seconds I nod respectively and turn towards the door. A quiet breath of relief sounds behind me as he turns in the opposite direction.

I spin around and quickly grab him by the collar before slamming him onto a dining table. Dishes and wine glasses crash onto the floor, scoring many "oh my God!"s from the tables around us.

"WHERE IS SHE?"

"I-I-I don't know what you're tal— Uck!"

"DON'T ACT STUPID, WHERE ARE THE GIRLS YOU'VE BEEN ABDUCTING?!"

Customers yelp in panic as they watch the scene. The manager's face turns red and plump under my grip, his breathless mouth shouting for help. The skinny man by the door rushes in and takes out a phone as soon as he sees me, most likely calling emergency services. I instantly pull out a gun and shoot the phone from his hold.

"Everyone out! NOW!" I shoot one of the chandeliers, gleaming crystals rain down and crash beautifully on the marble floor.

Layla drops a tower of dishes and screams only to flee from the building alongside the staff and customers. The room quickly becomes a screaming frenzy, though my eyes don't leave the man beneath me.

"Francis! Quick, help!" He calls out.

"Uhh..." The skinny man stands awkwardly before running out also, causing the manager to shout "Coward!!"

Once everyone is gone I slam him into the table more harshly. "I know you're hiding something old creep! Where is Lilo Hanson?!"

"I told you I don't—!" Before he can finish, I knock his glasses off with a punch. I then draw his collar inches away from my face, growling, "If you want to keep your teeth, tell me where she is."

"No please—! I really don't know! I don't run the auction!"

"Auction? What auction?!"

"M-my job is just to round up the girls and bring them to the underworld to get sold! The person with the highest bid takes her home! Your friend is long gone by now!"

"Who bought her?!" I punch him with gritted teeth. "I-I don't know! You have to go down there and ask yourself!"

I scowl at the man and punch him once again, blood forming around his teeth and leaking from his nose. I then pick him up by his neckband and drag him with me to the door.

"Hey! W-where are you taking me?!"

"To the underworld. I'm going to the auction and you're going to show me the way."

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🌙
—PRESENT—

I keep my head straight as Lilo steps out of the car. I can't look at her... I can't even watch her walk away. Looking at her has become so hard since I've been having... the nightmare again.

I can't risk getting close to her another time knowing it could cause it to become a reality. Our attachment is what gave Jaebum a reason to hurt her in the first place, I can't be responsible for her endangerment...

But that disappointment in her eyes when I rejected her... It was that same look she had that morning after our intimacy. She looked confused and hurt, and that look makes me feel guilty for pursuing her knowing it wouldn't be safe.

She thinks I hate her, and it's better that way. Now she'll no longer be a target.

"Fuck!" I punch the steering wheel stressfully, then rest an elbow by the window and exhale. The thought of going to Bogum's house and breaking the news to his fiancée... The thought of those little girls' reactions when they hear they no longer have a Dad...

My gaze motions to the front mirror when a shadowy figure emerges in the backseat of the car. Before I can reach for my gun an arm buckles tightly around my neck, a faint, cold burn forming at the front of my throat as their hand lightly presses the blade into my skin. Lips reach my ear before the feminine voice says,

"Drive."

—LILO'S POV—

*Ring ring! Ring ring!*

My body jumps out of its skin when our house phone blares through the dark and empty house I've just stepped into. Who could be calling this late...?

I switch on the living room light and approach the rattling phone in slow motion. Tension and suspense fog the room like steam until I pick up hesitantly...

"H-hello...?"

"You bitch! How dare you not return my texts when I've been worried sick about you! You missed the last day of school!"

"Mina?"

I scoff with utmost relief, my exhales turning into laughter, and laughter turning into cries. With the phone still to my ear, I bury my face in my lap and let the tears rain out.

"Lilo are you crying? What's going on?"

"I'm sorry I... lost my phone." I lie. I have no idea what happened to it after the auction, but it's long gone now.

"Well is everything okay??"

Sniffing thickly, I look around the gloomy house and instantly I feel unsafe. It's so quiet and dim, I can't help but think somebody is going to bounce from behind and abduct me again. There's no way I can sleep here.

"Mina, is it alright if I sleep at yours? My house feels all creepy right now."

"Don't even ask, just get over here."

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🌙
—NEXT DAY—

Mina and I enter the Korean restaurant looking around for everyone else. Teddy suggested that we all went out for a meal and I decided to come along. I haven't seen my friends in forever, I could do with the distraction. Plus it beats sitting at home paranoid.

"Oh— I see them." Mina points.

I feel bad that I didn't tell her what really happened. I had to come up with a tale of lies so she wouldn't freak out, even though I wanted to let out what was breaking me down.

I did, however, tell her not to even think about working at Bluebell.

"You guys made it!" Teddy leaps from her seat and hugs me first. She embraces me as if she hasn't seen me in years. At first I hold my breath from the sudden squeeze but eventually my arms lock around her.

Everyone greets us as we squat into the two empty seats that bracket the table.

"Good place Ted," Mina's eyes narrow down the pamphlet, "This menu looks great. I think I know what I want."

"So we can order now?! YAY 'cause I'm starrrrrving!"

"Can you not sit still for five seconds? I haven't decided what I want yet." Chrys shields her face with the menu.

"Where's Taehyung?" Teddy asks me.

My eyebrows elevate, pretending to not have heard clearly. "Hm?"

"I invited him too. I figured the two of you would come together since... um..."

"Next time you're on your own. I can't guarantee I'll save you."

I wish she hadn't bought him up. I didn't want to think about him while I'm trying to distract myself. I'm not going to call his phone and beg him to talk to me like last time. If he wants to be alone then I guess that's the way it will be.

"No I uh... he's not showing up. He's busy I'm sure."

"Oh... Alright then."

"These grilled dishes sound nice and all but I think I'll ask for my dish served cold." Jungkook purrs at Winter flirtatiously, making her point to the back of her throat and gag.

"Would you two just date already?" Jimin laughs, "You're practically like an old married couple."

"Hey, I've been trying."

"Jungkook, I'll marry you when I grow a third arm."

"Harsh. I'll leave you to think on it. Maybe if you married me you'd get to find out the reason why girls call me bunny." He wriggles his eyebrows, leading Teddy to swat his arm. "Ew Jungkook! Not when we're about to eat!"

Laughter escapes my mouth as I watch them bicker and joke around. After all that's taken place it's nice to enjoy these dynamics again. Who knew that eight people could be so different yet such good friends?"

I look around the restaurant patiently when I spot a couple taking the table near ours. The guy pulls a chair out for the woman, they both take their seats and laugh. My throat becomes dry when I identify the people as Tye and the girl I saw him with at school. As a result of my stare he turns and our eyes make contact.

I don't bother jumping or flinching away, I just stare with reminiscence. He looks me down with orbs of guilt, ache and wretch. If eyes could have scars, I'm sure his would be indelible.

He then turns away and shows the girl a light smile before stroking the back of her hand.

"Hey." Mina snaps me out of my daze. "Forget about him. Let's enjoy our meal."

"Yeah... you're right."

"Hi, has everybody decided on their orders?" A man dressed in black approaches our table.

My body instantly jerks away and eyebrows furrow, the dark attire triggering something in me. "W-why?? What do you want with us??"

Mina puts on a wide, forced smile with and tilts her head, "Lilooo quit acting weirddd this guy's really cuuute..." She whisper-sings.

"Uh..... I-I was just coming to take your orders." The man awkwardly pulls out a notepad. I immediately blush with an open mouth. "Oh right. S-sorry."

"Shall I start with you Ms?" He turns to Mina.

"Please do!" Mina blurts, instantly retracting her eager intentions with a nervous laugh. "Oh, that came out wrong. You're just really cute. I'll have miso soup and rice please."

"I'll take a rack of lamb skewers." Jimin pokes his head out cutely before Jungkook throws up two fingers, "Make that two."

His face slumps when he looks over at Chrys who still reads the menu centimeters from her face. Jungkook effortlessly snatches the pamphlet from her hands.

"Hey I wasn't done!"

"She'll have lamb skewers too."

"Skewers? No! Do I look like someone who eats skewers?"

"Try something new babe, you'll love it."

"Hmph. Fine." Her arms tangle together.

We all place our orders and chat until the food comes, spending the evening exchanging nothing but stories and laughter. I even forgot about the table next to ours, even though I can certainly feel glances every now and then. Soon enough, my paranoia and sorrow is replaced with joy and I find myself smiling again.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🌙

"I can't believe that cute waiter was married!" Mina falls into the living room and buries her head. "I wasted three hours flirting with him for nothing. I'm going to die a virgin aren't I?"

I roll my eyes playfully whilst closing the front door, then sit beside her to unbuckle my wedges. "It's not your fault, you didn't know. Thanks for sticking with me by the way. You guys' company really cheered me up."

"Aw no problem girl. On another note, this place is like ghost town. Where are your parents?"

"They're still away."

"Still? Man you must be lonely here. Want me to stay the night with you? We can stay up and watch movies, gossip, play with dolls. All that jazz."

"Sure, it'll be like old times." I laugh.

"Cool. Let me go to my house and get my things, I won't be long.

"Alright."

After Mina leaves the house I go upstairs and run myself a hot shower. After about twenty minutes I tie my hair into a ponytail and change into something comfortable. A maxi kimono, bronzy satin set and fuzzy slippers.

Returning to the living room with blankets and pillows, I pick up the house phone and decide to call my parents.

"Lilo honey?"

"Hi mom... Where's Dad?"

"He's here. I'll put you on speaker—"

"Heya sweetheart."

"Hi. Just calling to ask when you're coming back, I don't want to stay here by myself anymore."

"Ask Mina to stay with you?"

"She's spending the night tonight but it's not like she lives here. Could you not catch an earlier flight?"

"Honey, we'll try to get there the quickest we can but we can't rush these meetings. You'll be just fine. We have to go to now, love you."

An irritable sigh leaves my lips, "Love you too. Goodnight."

My fingers search the couch for the TV remote once the call is over. I select a channel before turning to the kitchen and tearing open various packets of popcorn, mixing it around to create a delicious blend of sweet and toffee.

"—to which uptown Vinewood restaurant owner Bang Si-hyuk was arrested last night and convicted with various assault charges towards not only young women but homosexual men."

The news channel flashes on screen once I place the bowl in the microwave, causing me to turn around with knitted brows.

"The restaurant has since been ceased as investigations still take place. Hundreds of women have recently been found by authorities in an auction ring just West of the city, many to have been drugged and some dead by overdose. Our anonymous tip also reported that there are more to be found throughou—"

I switch over the channel and blink rapidly as a heap of new information bombards my brain. An anonymous tip?

The newfound volume-drop allows me to hear the satisfying 'pops' that explode inside the microwave. I then take out the hot bowl when I feel two arms wrap around my waist. I chuckle at my best friends humor. She used to always do this when we had sleepovers as kids.

"You could've at least knocked before creeping in Mi."

Her lips draw nearer to my ear, whispering, "But I'm not Mi."

That voice.......

"SOMEONE HEL— MMmmfph!!!!"

Before I can even scream a rag slams over my open mouth, an intoxicating fume fills my throat and nostrils as I muffle and kick my legs. My hand swipes the bowl of popcorn from the counter and the glass shatters all over the floor.

I'm trapped in their hold as their other arm locks around my throat to restrict my breathing. I hear the front door bust from its hinges as a herd of feet bulldozes into the house.

"Search the house. Bedrooms, bathrooms, I want it all searched."

"Mphhffff!!!" I try my hardest to fight against the toxins being forced into my system, but slowly my senses deteriorate and my eyes roll back.

"Where you're going isn't going to be pretty, baby girl."

🚨 OKAY NOW HELLA ISH IS FINNA HAPPEN THIS IS NOT A DRILL 🚨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 249 31
"Watch your tongue when you talk to my husband" - a single sentence that echoes through the realms of duty, love, and power, leaving an indelible mar...
48.5K 2K 49
Being a mafia you have to handle Alot of shit you have to handle your enemy but what if your enemy is your own husband Where two loving family KIM an...
24.3K 792 11
Kim y/n a normal girl from a middle class family, had to deal with a monster... she got married to him , only to know he is nothing but an EMOTIONLE...
409K 12K 39
Yn: are you happy with this marriage I asked him because he ignored me....and also didn't talk with me I scared because he just glaring me.but sudden...