Treacherous

By Sereneillusions

《An Alternate Universe》 _____________________ Lalisa Manoban is a twenty-three-year-old girl with a tough pas... More

Treacherous: Book Playlist
Treacherous: Character Profiles
Treacherous: A LisKook AU
Treacherous: Book Trailer
Treacherous: The Curious Fish
Treacherous 1 (Season 1)
Treacherous 2
Treacherous 3
Treacherous 4
Treacherous 5
Treacherous 6
Treacherous 7
Treacherous 8
Treacherous 9
Treacherous 10
Treacherous 11
Treacherous 12
Treacherous 13
Treacherous 14
Treacherous 15
Treacherous 16
Treacherous 18
Treacherous 19
Treacherous 20
Treacherous 21
Treacherous 22
Treacherous 23
Treacherous 24
Treacherous 25
Treacherous 26
Treacherous 27
Treacherous 28
Treacherous 29
Treacherous 30
Treacherous 31
Treacherous 32
Treacherous 33
Treacherous 34
Treacherous 35
Treacherous 36
Treacherous 37
Treacherous 38
Treacherous 39
Treacherous 40
Treacherous 41
Treacherous 42
Treacherous 43
Treacherous 44
Treacherous 45
Treacherous 46
Treacherous 47
Treacherous 48
Treacherous 49
Treacherous 50
Treacherous 51
Treacherous 52
Treacherous 53
Treacherous 54 (End of Season 1)
Treacherous: Who are you?
Treacherous 55 (Season 2)
Treacherous 56
Treacherous 57
Treacherous 58
Treacherous 59
Treacherous 60
Treacherous 61
Treacherous 62
Treacherous 63
Treacherous 64
Treacherous 65
Treacherous 66
Treacherous 67
Treacherous 68
Treacherous 69
Treacherous 70
Treacherous 71
Treacherous 72
Treacherous 73
Treacherous 74
Treacherous 75

Treacherous 17

23.3K 1.3K 732
By Sereneillusions

"Ta Gueule!"
--

Have you ever felt like you just want to disappear suddenly just because you don't know how to handle the situation that you had put yourself in? Or maybe wished that a distraction would come and save your ass from a confrontation that you don't want to deal with? That's exactly what Lalisa Manoban was thinking right now.

"Oh please kill me now!" She screamed inside her head. Not literally but yeah.

"What are you talking about?" Smooth Lalisa, she didn't stutter for the first time.

Jungkook stepped forward and Lisa immediately pushed on his chest, preventing him from coming any closer.

"Your neck Mara..." Jungkook rasped, crossing his arms over his chest.

"What about it?" Lisa asked, playing it cool as she possibly can. But it seems like the male was not satisfied by her answer and was still staring at her like a hawk.

Fck. Does he remember now?

"I uhm... these were uhh... bruises! Yeah... just bruises!" She lied with a nervous smile. It's realistic enough right?

Gosh, Lisa!

"How and where did you get it?" Jungkook gave her a look before crossing his arms.

Uh oh. Need. Details.

Brain? Empty.

"How and where? Uhh... the cat! The fat neighbor's cat!" What cat are you talking about now Lisa? Seriously?

"Cat?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow. She gulped.

"Yeah. When I got back from the dinner, the neighbor's annoying cat was messing with... uhh what do you call it again?" She tried to think of something, anything that can interest a freaking cat! "Ah! The hanging pots on the front porch. Yeah. I tried to get the cat out of the hanging decorations. And when I did, the cat retaliated by pulling the decorations off and I misstepped on the stairs, causing me to fall flat on the plants and stones outside. And then I ended up with these."

Ridiculous.

Very ridiculous.

Great. A whole ridiculous made-up story now Lisa? You're blabbering nonsense! Tsk tsk.

Jungkook stared at her blankly. It was silent between them for a while, just staring at each other's eyes. It was pretty intense too and Lisa was dying to know what he's thinking.

"So you're saying you literally had a catfight." He said.

Lisa blinked. Then she could only nod.

"Oh God please forgive me for involving the fluffy cat next door. He's innocent." She prayed inside her head. She'll make sure to give that a cat a treat for doing this.

She tainted the cat's reputation now.

"Sorry, Mr. Fluffy Cat... May you have more than nine lives and a never-ending supply of cat food." She thought.

In the end, Jungkook spoke. "Okay."

And Lisa couldn't be more relieved when he let the matter go.

"Anyway, how did I got home last night?" Jungkook asked, changing the subject. Lisa inhaled sharply.

Nope. She's far from being relieved.

"The bartender called me to fetch you," Lisa answered. "At two in the morning might I add."

"Hmm, I see." Was the male's response before asking the question that he's been wondering since this morning. "But I didn't do anything last night now did I?"

And the question that Lisa's been dreading to hear escaped Jungkook's lips. If Jungkook's wondering to know, Lisa was dreading it. Unconsciously, flashbacks about what happened inside the car came flooding back to her.

"N-No! Definitely not. You passed out immediately." Lisa answered quickly, avoiding eye contact with the man in front of her.

"Oh." Was what escaped Jungkook's lips right after.

"Yeah, that's all," Lisa said before turning around and checked the pan if it had already cooled down or not. She was about to clean it when a thought came to her mind. She turned around once more only to see Jungkook staring off the space. He seemed to be in deep thought.

"Can I ask you something?" Lisa muttered and Jungkook averted his eyes towards the brunette.

"What?" Jungkook asked.

"Why did you drink?" Lisa inquired. He doesn't seem like one who drinks alcohol carelessly and get wasted. It's not even stated in his profile.

"It's none of your business," Jungkook answered in an emotionless voice. Lisa raised an eyebrow.

"Well, as far as I know, I brought you home and I tell you it wasn't easy. I had to sacrifice my beauty sleep plus your muscled body almost crushed me. So don't you think it's only right to answer my question since you owed me?" Lisa stated, as a matter of factly.

Jungkook narrowed his eyes at her and Lisa smiled innocently, knowing she had him already. In the end, Jungkook sighed before running a hand through his hair.

"Whoah don't tell me he has the same habit as Jimin with the running a hand through their hairs thing." Lisa thought to herself.

"I just needed a drink. That's all you need to know." Jungkook finally said. But instead of satisfaction, Lisa frowned at his answer. It's clear that he doesn't want to tell her but that doesn't mean she's gonna let it go that easily.

The male was about to walk away when Lisa wasn't able to keep it in and spoke what's really on her mind.

"It's Heejin am I right?" Lisa asked. This immediately caught Jungkook's attention and halted from walking away.

Lisa didn't know much about this Heejin girl as she's not on the folder that her mother gave her. But last night, she finally found out who the girl was.

"Just wanted you to know that she called your phone last night. I answered." Lisa added, her eyes looking at Jungkook who still has his back facing her.

Indeed Heejin called. It was when Lisa was driving home with Jungkook in the back seat that his phone started ringing. But it was the last thing on her mind at that time as she was still in trance about what happened.

She was only able to answer it when she went to fetch her bag back in the car and saw Jungkook's phone lying on the backseat of the car. Somehow, curiosity got the best of her.

Flashback

Lisa hesitated, staring at Jungkook's phone in her hand.

Heejin Calling...

In the end, she decided to answer it. She pressed the answer button and put the phone up against her ear.

"Jungkook? Oh my God! You finally answered! Babe, please let's talk about it. It's a misunderstanding! Yoo Shik is lying babe he wants to destroy us. Please listen to me. I'm sorry please don't do this Jungkook. I love you so much! Don't break up with me!"

To say Lisa was shocked was an understatement. Her breath hitched and her free hand flew to cover her mouth. She didn't know what to say or think.

This girl on the other line was Jungkook's mistress! Or his girlfriend... or whatever she's called.

"Jungkook please say something..." Heejin sobbed on the other line which brought Lisa back to reality.

She quickly ended the call, taking in what just happened.

Flashback Ends

"You touched my phone?" Lisa looked up and saw Jungkook was already staring at her with fire in his eyes. Uh oh.

"I-it's not that I intend to Jungkook. Your phone kept ringing and I thought-"

"Thought what?" Jungkook said, cutting Lisa off.

Lisa opened her mouth but no words came out. She's suddenly intimidated by the way Jungkook was staring at her with heated eyes.

"Are you happy now?" Jungkook asked sarcastically. "Heejin and I broke up. For real this time. Are you happy?"

"So it's true that you were still seeing her even after this marriage." Lisa let out. A smirk made its way on Jungkook's lips. And that's the only confirmation Lisa needed.

Jungkook slowly walked towards her and Lisa's heart started to beat rapidly against her chest. The male stopped in front of her. He didn't leave any space between them and placed his hands on the counter where Lisa was leaning on. Lisa widened her eyes and gulped, the fact that her body was trapped between Jungkook's arms registered in her mind.

Oh not again.

"Hey! Y-you're crossing the line again." Lisa squeaked when Jungkook started to lean in. She was about to push him when Jungkook spoke close to her ear.

"Don't bother to worry about us. We're over. You don't have to think of ways to get rid of her cause we broke up already." Jungkook whispered huskily against her ears and she can't help but shudder at the feeling of his breath hitting her ear.

"I-I'm not w-worried. W-why would I b-be?" Lisa wanted to curse herself for stuttering.

Jungkook let out a low chuckle, almost mocking her. "Really? You're not? Because knowing you Mara you're willing to do anything just to get rid of her and make sure we don't get back together. You did it before and I won't be surprised if you'll do it again."

"Wow, he's so full of himself." Lisa thought to herself before a sly smile made its way on her lips. She's as equally annoyed now.

For the first time, she suddenly dared to push Jungkook's chest and looked straight in his eyes. This guy needs to hear something from her.

"Well, things changed Jeon Jungkook. The girl in front of you right now is not the same girl that would chase you every time. Don't expect Ma-" Lisa paused and closed her eyes. Mara's name almost slipped from her lips.

She sighed before tilting her head a bit and gave Jungkook a dangerous look. She bravely stepped towards him, their bodies touching. Then she spoke. "Don't expect me to always pursue and chase you just because you know that I... like you. So don't be so full of yourself. Get yourself another woman and I won't give a fck anymore. Jerk."

With those words said, Lisa pushed him away completely and a little harshly before she left him in the kitchen, a satisfied smile now on her lips.

Her mother told her to keep him away from other women. But here she is, telling him that she won't care if he did go for another. If her mother finds out she's dead for sure.

But then she felt satisfied that she's able to speak not just for herself but mainly for her sister for the first time. Cause now she realized that if there's one thing that she wanted to do while pretending to be Mara, it is to show him that he can't just treat her sister this way.

Things need to change between them. And she'll do exactly just that.

~*~

Lisa opened the antique box again that contained her childhood memories here with her family. She doesn't know why but she suddenly had the urge to open it once more just like on the first night that she arrived back here in Korea almost three weeks ago.

The old photos, letters, scribbles, drawings — they all lie inside the box along with the necklace that very much has a special place in her heart.

Her eyes then landed on her phone that way lying on the bed. Lisa was hesitating. Calling her Aunt Claudette for the first time since she came back to Korea. She took a deep breath before finally deciding to take her phone and give her Aunt Claudette from France a call. Hopefully, it will go well.

"Tante Claudette..." Lisa muttered on the other line as soon as she heard the familiar voice of her Aunt. (Trans: Tante means Aunt in French)

"Ah my Lalisa, how are you, sweetie? How's your stay so far?" Lisa closed her eyes when she heard her Aunt's sweet voice uttering her name. She smiled sadly, knowing that her Aunt had no idea why she was called to come back.

"It was going well Tante. I'm sorry if I just called now." Lisa answered. The little lie making her heart feel heavy.

"Oh, It's alright sweetie. You're bonding with your family and I'm happy for you." Lisa bit her lower lip upon hearing her Aunt's words.

How will she tell her?

"Antoinette's doing well so you have nothing to worry about. Just enjoy your time there in Korea." Her Aunt Claudette added and that immediately triggered a tear to fall her cheek. How can she tell her about her situation? Lisa felt guilty for hiding her mother's plan from her.

The next thing she knew, a sob escaped her lips and her Aunt immediately noticed. Of course, she would. Whether she's vocal about it or if she's trying to hide what she feels, her aunt would always know.

"Quel est le problème ma cherié? Why are you crying?" Her Aunt Claudette asked her worriedly. (Trans: What's the matter, my dear?)

"Nothing. It's just... Tu me manques beaucoup, Tante Claudette..." Lisa sniffed, wiping the tears that were falling from her eyes. (Trans: I miss you so much, Aunt Claudette...)

"I'm sorry Tante Claudette..." Lisa thought inside her mind.

"Oh, darling I miss you too." Her Aunt Claudette chuckled from the other line. "My baby Lalisa, hush now. Stop crying hmm?"

"Okay... Sorry." Lisa said before a weak smile made it's way to her lips. The heaviness was still there for the fact that she can't tell her Aunt everything like she used to.

"There's something that I want to ask you by the way," Lisa muttered once she had managed to finally calm herself down.

"What is it, sweetie?" Her Aunt Claudette asked.

"I've been thinking about opening Antoinette's first branch here in Korea." Lisa began. "I wanna know your opinion Tatie. Should I?"

(A/N: Tatie is one informal form of Tante which also means Aunt/Auntie.)

"I think that's a great idea sweetheart. Go for it! I'll support you all the way." Her Aunt Claudette pushed for her.

If there's one thing that she's thankful about being sent to France, it's her Aunt Claudette. She wouldn't have met her Aunt if she weren't sent to France. Her Aunt had always supported her in everything she does. She's more of a mother to her than her real mother in all honesty.

"Thank you for always being there for me Tante Claudette." The brunette said. She sat down on the bed, her eyes now locked on the butterfly necklace that she now had in her right hand.

"Of course. You deserve all the love in the world sweetie. I'm always here okay? If you need anything don't hesitate to approach me." Her Aunt Claudette said.

"Thank you Tatie. Je t'aime." Lisa smiled.

(A/N: Need I translate Je t'aime? 😂 I'm sure you guys know already.)

They talked a little more before Lisa eventually ended the call. She leaned back against the headboard, the necklace dangling from her hand.

FLASHBACK

"Happy 7th birthday girls!" The two little girls came running down from the stairs of their grand home, excited upon hearing the familiar voice that resonated downstairs.

"Oppa! I missed you! Do you have my dress?" Little Mara squealed brightly as she ran towards her older brother who's standing in the living room and engulfed him into a warm hug.

Their older brother was currently studying in a college in America and now he just got back home. He's back in Korea for his Summer Vacation.

The older chuckled before pulling away and ruffled Mara's hair with a smile. "What do you think? Do I have it or not Sammy?"

The little nickname made Mara giggled. "You have it! I know you do!"

The young man smiled before showing the little girl a wrapped up box. Mara squealed and took the gift from her older brother.

"Thank you, Oppa!" Little Mara grinned and hugged her brother tightly, making him chuckle in amusement. His eyes then landed on the little girl by the entrance, watching them with a smile on her lips.

"Go and try on the dress then show it to Oppa okay?" The young man told Mara and the little girl immediately nodded before leaving and running up the stairs.

"Don't I get a hug too Lali?" The young man smiled at the little girl. Little Lalisa grinned before running towards her brother and gave him a bear hug.

"I missed you Oppa." The little girl whispered and the older couldn't help but closed his eyes and smiled.

"I missed you too Lali." He answered the girl before pulling away. "Tell me, have you been a good girl while Oppa was gone?"

"Of course I am." Lisa smiled at her older brother.

"Really? That's great then sweet cheeks." The older chuckled. He then started to rummage through his bag that was beside him, looking for the present that he had bought the other twin. Once he found it, he smiled. "Ah. Here it is."

"What's that Oppa?" Little Lalisa asked her older brother curiously.

"This is your birthday present from me. Since you didn't want to tell me what you want, I just bought you something. I hope you like it, little sis." Their older brother told the little girl before he handed her the small velvet box.

Young Lalisa opened the box and gasped when she saw a diamond butterfly necklace just sitting inside the velvet box.

"Whoah! Is this really for me? It looks beautiful!" Lisa asked her brother and the other just laughed at her cuteness.

"Do you like it? Oppa saved his money to buy that for you." The older asked her.

"I love it Oppa! Thank you!" Lisa hugged her brother. And then she whispered something in his ear. "Whatever you give me, I'll love and treasure it for sure Oppa. Since it's from you!"

The young man's heart swelled at her words and let out a chuckle.

"Let us put it on you hmm?" Lisa's older brother said and Lisa nodded before turning around and let the older put the necklace on her.

The older lifted the necklace from the box and put it on the little girl. Little Lalisa gasped softly as soon as the cold piece came in contact with her skin. Once secured, the girl turned around to face her brother once more.

"How do I look? Does it look good on me Oppa?" Lisa asked her older brother who was smiling warmly at her.

"It looks beautiful on you sweet cheeks." The older smiled. Lalisa grinned and quickly ran towards a nearby mirror to check the necklace that's wrapped around her neck now.

"Ohhh it is!" Lisa agreed while touching the necklace. Her older brother came closer to her and crouched down beside her, staring at both their reflections.

"Do you know the name of that necklace?" Her brother asked.

"It has a name?" Little Lalisa asked curiously.

"Of course it does sweet cheeks." He chuckled before touching the beautiful jewelry. "I was asked to name it when I had it made. I called it Le Papillon."

"Le Papillon?" Lisa asked.

"Yup. Le Papillon." Her brother nodded. "It means The Butterfly in French sweet cheeks."

"Ohhh. Le Papillon!" Lisa smiled, liking how fancy the sound was when she uttered those two words. "It's a pretty name for the necklace!"

"Don't lose it okay? I had that made especially for you." Her older brother told her.

"I promise I won't lose it Oppa. Thank you! I love you!" Lisa grinned before planting a kiss on both the cheeks of her older brother and then giving him another bear hug of appreciation and love.

FLASHBACK ENDS

"Le Papillon..." Lisa muttered, still caressing the necklace that her brother gave her when she was still a child. It was her most treasured jewel and she can't believe she forgot about it in the past years of being in France. Her brother won't be happy once he finds out.

"I think it's time for me to pay you a visit." Lisa smiled softly while staring at the necklace that glistened and sparkled as the moonlight hits it.

She knew that her older brother is in Busan. And now that she's back in Korea, she needed to visit him soon since it's been so long. He'll probably be surprised and happy with the fact that she's finally back after so many years. There were so many things and stories that she wanted to tell him.

"I'll visit you soon Oppa. I promised." Lisa whispered.

--
"Shut up!"
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hi! How are you guys doing? :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

904K 48.8K 34
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
663K 31.6K 55
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
973K 16.8K 42
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
117K 3.5K 27
a paige bueckers story.