Dark Corner // Harry Styles

By cutie_cake_harry

She's just a girl who has an amazing voice. But just didn't have the looks. So when someone steals her voice... More

Dark Corner
Chapter 1 nagging songs
Chapter 2 Dinner Tail
Chapter 3 only friend
Chapter 4 Judge By Looks
Chapter 5 Lifts Suck
Chapter 6 A Real Date?
Chapter 7 To Many Problems To Solve
Chapter 8 Aparently My Bully
Chapter 9 Scar Stories
Chapter 10 Bad Kept Secrets
Chapter 11 Imagine Naked
Chapter 12 Going Out In Public
Chapter 14 A Huge Mess
Chapter 15 She Is Gone
Chapter 16 Beautiful
Chapter 17 Forgiving Is Easy
Chapter 18 Hold Me Tight
Chapter 19 Revealed Feelings
Chapter 20 My Scars
Chapter 21 Being Loved For Real Now
Chapter 22 The Ugly Truth
Chapter 23 Stage Drama
Chapter 24 Things Do Come Back
Chapter 25 Wrong Room
Chapter 26 Lost Love
Chapter 27 Frozen At Night
Chapter 28 Gone Mad
Chapter 29 Hospital Fiasco
Chapter 30 Like You
Epilogue Leave Me

Chapter 13 Insecurities

16 0 0
By cutie_cake_harry

"so this is were people can see me?" I asked them as we stopped in front of the stadium. Niall grinned at Alex, Luke seemed a bit lost.

"what have you guys in mind?" Luke asked the two. they turned towards him, like they had forgotten about Luke. which would be a bit weird because he's the reason I'm with them now.

"she's going to sit in the audience and maybe we can call her on stage or something, I'm not sure, we can just push her into the queue." Niall shrugged.
"but guys you know I can't" I frowned, were they this reckless? Luke didn't know about me singing backstage.
"You want to see Luke preform right?" Niall gave me a knowing look. I knew what he meant, I could watch until the main act started. There was enough time between the opening act and the main act for me to run backstage and get ready. Besides, Sam would only show up in the middle of the show and the end.
"alright." I agreed, surprising them. But I had to get out of my comfort zone. I had been hiding behind Sam all the way, and I probably will even if I go out tonight. But one time can't hurt right?
"Alex can come with me right? he doesn't need to perform." Alex seemed to be excited about this. Niall seemed the give him this look that said no, but Alex begged Luke and Niall.
"we can let you inside now, that's around." Niall looked at his phone. "around two hours before the fans come in." I shrugged taking Alex' hand and leaving the car. we were at the front of the stadium, or at least that's what I assume, because it was crowded here.
"I'll inform the guards, just say you're Scarlett Greenwoods and he'll let you in." Niall smiled at me. "I will send a text when we've arranged things with the guards."
I was really insecure. Niall shut the door and Alex and I were left on our own. "this is so not going to work." I told Alex who just laughs it off.
"we just need to find a guard and it will be alright. You're the oldest here, act like it." I straightened my posture, making Alex laugh again.
"I've got a lot on my mind right now." I pointed to my face. "first we'll wait for Niall's text." I took out my phone, Niall had my phone number right? oh gosh he doesn't have my phone number. see it's already going wrong.
"chill Scarlett, he's got my phone number." Alex showed me this really old phone making me laugh really hard. Alex crossed his arms over his chest.
"I'm so getting you a new phone." as I said it his phone buzzed and he got a text. he nodded to me saying Niall texted.
I took Alex' hand and we walked past the queue looking for a guard. I wasn't paying attention and bumped into a girl. she looked at me wide eyed.
"I'm so sorry." I told her, she was around my age. When she looked me over she smiled at sweet smile.
"it doesn't matter." she said placing a hand on my shoulder speaking sweetly. "I guess someone as fit as you has a lot on her mind." the girl batted her eyelashes.
"yeah." I said awkwardly. she took a step closer, making Alex laugh. well almost, he tried really hard to keep it to himself.
"I'll hope to see you around." she gave my shoulder a pat and her hand 'slipped'and she touched my breast. my breast! she walked off leaving me shocked and Alex laughing.
"she was- she just touched... my... my." I was at lost for words about what just had happened.
"I told you, you.." He had to laugh again. "you're fit." he managed to get out, I glared at him walking away angrily.
"oh come on Scarlett, it was funny." I turned around a smile on my face and we both laughed. Alex pocked my side.
"l-look." he said between heavy breaths from laughing. "a guard." he caught his breath. I saw the guard he was pointing at.
"hello." I smiled sweetly at the guard. he had a cold stare. "I'm Scarlett Greenwoods." I told him. he wore black and had his arms crossed.
he mumbled "hrmps" or something like that and then let us in with a tight nod. Alex and I stepped inside, there were other guards walking around, but not as much as there were in front of the back stage door.
"this way." a nice looking lady told us. We thanked her by nodding. we walked that way and we only followed the arrows after that stepping inside of the stadium. there was this catwalk thing and we stood close to it, but we could still clearly see the stage.
"so you're going to run off as soon as 5 Seconds Of Summer leaves the stage?" he asked, I shook my head.
"I'll take it slowly. I'm just going to ask one of these lads to pull me over the fence, I can find my way after that." there were people standing in front of the stage, arms crossed, green jumpers on.
"how do you know they're going to pull you over the fence?" he asked.
"If I say I'm unwell, they'll do that. It's always like that, not only at Sam's concert but at most concerts. And I've seen it happen at the One Direction concert before."
"how long do we have to wait?" Alex asked.
"around an hour or a bit more for the fans and then two hours before 5 Seconds Of Summer." Alex nodded.
"you're going to talk to the fans right?" Alex asked. I agreed with an unsure nod. Out of my comfort zone, I told myself. I needed to calm down and not be paranoid.
we waited, Alex talked about how he and Niall got closer, about his mother getting better and she might get out of the hospital in a few weeks. I was sad to hear that because that meant Alex would leave.
I know that's selfish of me to think. Yes I'm happy his mum is well, but I just hope we won't lose contact after that happens.
after that the fans came, after I saw the first fans walk into the stadium my nerves stared to kick in. My stomach felt tight, I started to breath heavily. Alex placed a hand on my shoulder.
"calm Scarlett. calm, nothing is going wrong and if something does, which it doesn't then you can always leave." he told me reassuringly. I smiled a weak smile.
I didn't want to leave, I would feel weak, I would let my friends down. I could do this. "what if my make-up runs out?" I asked. "gosh I sound like a real girl." making Alex laugh.

"I've informed Niall about this, and he said he could get a guard to supply you. but your make-up is perfect as it is now." Alex is such a sweet boy.

"why don't you have a girlfriened?"

"iew." he said in disgust. "I don't even want to think about getting a girlfriend. I'm nine." he exclaimed. more fans came and soon enough there were two or three rows behind us.

"now talk." Alex whispered as he nudged my side. I pushed him slightly, making him chuckle.

"hey." I turned to two girls sitting behind us. they both smiled at me replying with an hey.
"so you're here for One Direction?" I asked them. they both nodded their head.
"we both are, but I'm here more for 5 Seconds Of Summer. Like two bands at the same time and then Samantha." she sighed deeply.
"what do you think of Samantha?" I asked her.
"I don't like her." the other girl replied. "yes she can sing amazingly, but she seems so stuck up." it didn't make me mad that she insulted Sam. this girl just practically told me she loved my voice.
I've heard it enough times, but now it was told directly at me. and she said it honestly. "I like her, she's so pretty and perfect, I wish I could be her. and then that voice, oh and her boyfriend." the older girl winked.
"her boyfriend?" I asked raising my eyebrow. "I wouldn't want to date Harry, I rather date... Niall." A smile appeared on Alex' face as he slightly nudged my side.
"so what are your names?" I asked them.
"Penny." the girl who liked my voice said. "Penelope." said the other.
"I'm Scarlett, and this is Alex, he's my friend." Alex looked up from the sound of his name.
"you're really pretty." Penny smiled slightly. "I bet he's your boyfriends little brother." I almost chocked. almost. she said I was pretty, and I didn't know her, yet she says that. and. and she thinks I have a boyfriend. Like that's ever going to happen.
"I'm sorry, but I don't have a boyfriend." I grinned at her. she looked down blushing slightly.
"oh what do I know, but you looked like a girl who could have a boyfriend, you look really beautiful."again with the word beautiful. I didn't like the word, I didn't believe it.
"that's never been said before, do you have a boyfriend?" I asked Penny. she nodded. Penelope had fallen out of the conversation and was talking to another girl next to her.
"I have." she said a smile forming on her face. "and he's amazing, his name's Richard and he's amazing." she told me a bit about Richard and he seemed nice.
she also told me her and Penelope knew each other from school and she met Richard there too. He was a year older and they met because of detention. Penny didn't seem like the girl for detention. so I asked why.
"Because." she blushed slightly again. "my phone went off, ringing with One Direction music, and I didn't turn it off." this made me laugh.
"well, it didn't turn out as bad as you would've thought it would." I winked at her. she laughed, then suddenly I heard screams.
"gosh what happened?" I asked alarmed.
"the stage has changed, which means the show is about to start." Alex said, he took my hand and squeezed it.
"you did great Scar, you did amazing, and don't you feel good now?" he asked me.
"you're talking like I can't make friends." I said acting offended.
"friends of your own age." he said in matter of fact tone holding up his finger. the light went off. there was still a bit light from the sky, but it had clearly gotten darker.
"it's just going out in public." I told him, he nodded understandingly. "like this." Alex opened his mouth, about to say something but people started screaming, and now something actually happened.
four guys appeared on stage. One of them was my friend, one of them was natural about me and thought I was cool because I liked his hair, one is disgust by me, and I think Calum is nice to me because of pity. because he gives me these looks that just scream pity.
they started their show, I've heard their songs. I looked them up after Luke told me the whole story. I even knew a few lines. Luke noticed me standing, and he came closer to me, playing his guitar in front of us.
I waved at him, and I think he winked at me. the concert was great. in the end Calum noticed me and Alex too and he waved, making the fans around us scream.
I closed my eyes, it was over. the nerves in my stomach hadn't died down, not even when the attention was clearly focused on 5 Seconds Of Summer.
"ma'am." I screamed to a woman in a green jumper. they had started to hand out cups of water. "I'm not feeling well." I told her. she nodded her head and got me over the fence.
"are you going to stay here?" I asked Alex, not seeming unwell at all. he shrugged. "I don't want you to stay here alone." I told him.
"can you get him over the fence too?" I asked the woman. she nodded her head and got Alex over the fence too.
"now we need to get you back stage." he whispered. the woman escorted us somewhere we didn't need to go and I thanked her, telling her we knew the way out. she didn't seem convinced but let us alone anyway.
"your make-up is a bit smudged." he told me, I was alarmed, panicked. "we can go to Flora's room." I said. when we came there I quickly fixed my make-up.
"can you perform for me, seeing as I can't watch One Direction." Alex made puppy dog eyes, but even without them I would've agreed.
he pulled me towards my box and gave me my microphone. I sang a chorus of one of 5 Seconds Of Summer's songs and I felt ready.
"it's show time."

AN: so now you guys also know I can't flirt! or you noticed that way before, but I simply can't. But double update because I accidentally updated chapter 14 before I updated 13, so two chapters! that's great.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267K 4.1K 30
A girl who felt she was invisible to the whole world. Calls her self Ms. Invisibility. She's pretty. She loves music. She knows One direction. But wh...
104 1 11
She was a girl who loved football, he was the Quarterback. she pretended to be guy to be on the team, he thought he was gay. Girls loved him, Guys wo...
3.5K 32 10
Sawyer Styles is what you'd call a mistake. Born to the wrong family, she was always kept hidden because it was easy since she wasn't as close in age...
18K 459 35
A rude girl, a singer from one boy band and a big party in Las Vegas, that was what made Harry commint the best mistake he ever made... But then, som...