Being the Little Sister

By Roseviva-

Lara Wilson is just about to start her first year of high school at the well-known music school in town. But... More

Being the little sister
01 - Popcorn Firework
02 - Introductions
03 - Bring it on brother
04 - Dance class
05 - Shine
06 - A sticky situation
07 - Glitter
08 - Sharpie
09 - The warehouse
10 - This is basically kidnapping
11 - Auditions
12 - At Simons
13 - The ride
14 - Practice
15 - On stage
16 - Every man for themselves!
17 - Party time
18 - Hungover
19 - Amusement park
20 - Hulk
22 - Fear
23 - Safe
24 - Broken arm
25 - Nutcracker
26 - Jasmine
27 - Locked
28 - Numbers on the wall
29 - Broken
30 - Numb
31 - The mall
32 - Noah
33 - Breathing
34 - Awake
35 - You're what
36 - Decorations
37 - Moving on
38 - Viral
39 - Ice cream
40 - Preparations
41 - Halloween
42 - Payback
43 - Fixing the problem
44 - Picknick
45 - Radio
46 - Inching close
47 - Blushing
48 - Grumpy
49 - Cousins
50 - Thanksgiving
51 - Motel
52 - Confession
53 - Silence
54 - Pie
55 - Moving
56 - A gift
57 - Paint war
58 - Karaoke
59 - I have an idea

21 - Nothing like home

4.1K 132 37
By Roseviva-

With heavy steps, I walked side by side my brothers into the dimly lit lobby. The receptionist that was sitting behind the counter was going through some papers and looked up at the sound of the door opening. He gave us a polite smile with a nod and I tried giving him a smile back. My eyes were droopy and exhaustion felt in my legs and mind. I was ready to go to sleep but the fun part about this all is that I have to pack everything up to be on time for the bus that leaves early tomorrow.

The metal doors slid open giving us time to step in and the elevator music started playing giving me an urge to scream. Sleepiness was getting to me and everything and anything was getting on my nerves. Resting my head against Cole's shoulder I let one eye closed for a second. I kept my focus on the white boxy numbers change as we went higher.

When the elevator came to a stop with a ding we all got out and said a mumbled out 'good night' to each other.

° ° °

I tiredly walked onto the bus with my luggage. I woke up by a screaming Nichole saying how sorry she was and how she tried to do anything but it didn't work. I told her it was fine and grumpily walked to the bathroom, slamming the door. I have literally gotten four hours of sleep and I'm more grumpy than normal in the mornings.

An arm dropped over my shoulder harshly making me drop my suitcase.

"Morning. Just wanted to tell you how much you look like shit today" Andrew said.

I glared at him "Good. I was trying to look like you today"

Andrew put his and on his heart faking flattering "Really how sweet. You're not really pulling it off but hey, it's hard to resemble this" He said and gestured on himself. Only as my glare deepened, his smirk widened.

"Get over yourself," I told him and harshly shrugged his arm off my shoulder.

"Someone's not in a good mood" He muttered raising an amused eyebrow.

"And someone's being a real jerk today"

He ignored my comment and looked down at my suitcase.

"Are you going to pick that up or are you gonna leave it there?" He asked me. I stared at him.

Is he serious?

He's the one making me freaking drop it! So first he makes me drop it then he insults me and asked me if I'm going to pick it up!

Pick it up my ass!

"Or you pick it up because you dropped it" I snapped at him and felt my eyelid begin to drop again like it has done the whole morning. I'm too tired for this. I looked over at Andrew to find him not there. Instead, he's walking on the bus. He turned around and winked at me.

'I'll save you a seat' he mouthed and walked into the bus.

I glared at his back as I picked up my suitcase from the ground. After putting it in the bus I walked over to the bus doors. I walked in and looked over the seats that still were available. There were a couple of seats in the back where the college students sat and one seat in the middle. Beside Andrew.

"Great" I muttered under my breath.

I don't want to sit beside the ones I've talked to the least and are a lot older than me. I looked over at Andrew again to see him watching me with a smirk. I sigh and walked over to him, not meeting his eyes. I sat down beside him and closed my eyes.

Maybe I can just sleep through the whole bus ride back and I won't have to talk to him. When the bus had started rolling I tried to go to sleep. I felt myself drift off but was brought back by a poking finger.

poke.

I opened one eye "What is it with you and poking?" I asked him.

"What is it with you? You're so... snappy"

"Oh I'm sorry for being snappy but I got to the hotel at three last night so can you just fuck off so I can sleep" I snapped at him and closed my eyes. I heard him chuckle but didn't say anything and soon I was drifting off.

° ° °

I woke up by singing. My head was resting on something hard and I opened my eyes slowly to find me staring at a shoulder. I followed the shoulder and found Andrew's face staring at me. Our eyes meet and he looked away. I felt my cheeks warm up and I lifted my head from his shoulder.

I cleared my throat and shifted my eyes around the bus. Everyone was either sleeping, singing or looking through their phones. I looked out the window over Andrew's shoulder and saw a familiar landscape.

"How long did I sleep for?" I asked him.

"We're there in about thirty minutes," He told me and let his eyes go over my face. His mouth went up into a giant grin and I looked at him confused.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked him. He looked over his shoulder, to further back of the bus. I looked back to see what he was staring at and found Noah with his camera. He was shaking his head at Andrew as if saying no. As soon as he saw me he laughed.

I narrowed my eyes at him "What did you do?" I asked him. He shook his head and shrugged but still had a smirk on his lips.

"Nothing," He said innocently. I took out my phone and went to the camera. I looked different. I had makeup on. Full face of makeup. Like the kind, girls at school do their makeup. I sharply turned to look at Noah with a deadly glare. If its something I hate as much as dresses it's makeup. I look ridiculous with it.

I don't mind girls using makeup at all but I don't feel a need to use it. And I don't like how I look with it. I don't look like myself.

"You are dead," I told him.

"Don't blame it on me. It was Mason's idea and Nicole's work. I'm just enjoying it" He told me. I turned to Nichole and glared.

"You were in on this?" I asked her.

"Hey, They threatened me! They said that they would prank me if I didn't help" She explained but she didn't try to hide the big smile on her face. She was clearly enjoying it. I turned back to my brothers.

"Really? That's low" I told them and shook my head.

"But it was the perfect opportunity and Nichole had makeup something we don't have," Mason said.

"You sure? I thought you used it all the time to cover up your ugly face. Not that it helped" I told him sarcastically.

"Think of it as payback for doing it to me"

The next thirty minutes I sat with crossed arms and didn't move.

° ° °

The bus came to a stop and we all got up to leave. I was up faster than anyone else, ready to leave this stupid bus. I was ready to go home, take off this makeup and lay in bed for the rest of the day. I grabbed my phone and said goodbye to the teachers. They said that we're going to talk to everyone more tomorrow. I walked off the bus and searched the parking lot full of cars. School has started but since we have been on this mini tour we didn't have to go today. I found dad stand by our car talking to a woman.

I felt myself smiling knowing I now get to give him a hug. Something I haven't been able to the last week and a half. I ran up to him hugged him. He hugged me back and I closed my eyes loving the moment of being in my dad's arms. He gave me a kiss on my forehead like he always does and the familiar smell of black coffee hit me that I loved.

"He- ohh. What happened to your face?" And the sweet moment was over as he opened his eyes and looked at me. He tried to hold a serious face but I could clearly see the smile on his face.

He brought me down on the ground and Luke walked up to me.

"Doesn't she look beautiful?" Luke said and squished my face.

"Stop," I told him taking his hands off my face.

"Why is your face caked?" Dad asked. He knew I would never put makeup on willingly. Noah, Mason, and Cole walked up with our bags.

"You remember the video I posted when Lara did Mason's makeup while he was asleep?" Noah asked as he walked up to dad to give him a hug.

"Oh yeah! That was pure gold" Dad said and high fived me. I would feel more proud over it if I didn't look like I did at the moment.

"Can we go now?" I asked but was more like whining. I really don't want anyone more to see me at the moment. I didn't care if my family saw me because they have seen me at my worst when I'm sick and actually look like death.

"If we have everything then I think we can go," Dad said and turned to the woman he was talking to and gave her a goodbye.

I glanced at the passenger seat and over at my brothers who were thinking the same thing. We stood still all challenging each other. At the same time, we all raced towards the seat. I ran in the front but a big hand came and pushed my face back and Noah rushed past me laughing.

° ° °

I walked down the stairs and looked through the big window in the living room. The backyard was starting to get dark even though it was only about half past eight. The whole day I've been talking to dad and just relaxed. Even though it's amazing to do stuff like performing and dancing, just being at home and do nothing can be pretty amazing too.

There is no place like home.

I walked into the kitchen and find Noah sitting there with a container of eaten ice cream beside him while he was watching something on his computer with a pair of earphones in his ears. I opened the freezer to get some ice cream. I could really do some salted caramel ice cream right now. I searched through the freezer but couldn't find any and that's when I remembered Noah sitting with an empty ice cream container.

"Noah?" I asked him but he didn't look.

"Noah!" I said a bit louder but he still didn't look. I sighed and walked over to him but before I got over to his so I could rip his earphones out he took one out. "Who's using netflix! I'm watching!" Noah screamed.

"NO! I want to use it now!" Mason screamed back through the house from his room upstairs.

"Dude! I'm in the middle of an episode! Watch later!"

"You've been watching for hours!"

"Just watch youtube or something!"

"No!"

"Fine!" Noah gave in and angrily took out the other earphone. I was listening in amusement. As much as I know how much a pain in the ass it is to be in that situation it's still funny when it's not you. Noah looked at me and glared at me for looking so amused.

"What?" He asked.

"Do we have any ice cream?" I asked and his glare turned into a smirk.

"I took the last and let me tell you. Damn that was good ice cream"

I rolled my eyes and walked out of the kitchen flipping him the bird as I did. I grabbed some money, my phone and put on a jacket over my t-shirt. "I'm getting ice cream!" I scream.

"Okay! Be safe!" Dad screamed back.

I opened the door and started walking down the familiar road to the little ice cream shop. It was starting to get dark but I didn't mind. I looked up at the leaves of the trees that were starting to change color from it's normal green to the beautiful yellow, orange, red.

It was a really pretty part of the town I lived in. To my right was a little forset me and my brothers used to play in when we were young along with a pond where we would try to catch little incests that surrounded it. Turning right I went in between two apartment buildings. The ground was also covered in leaves and the containers stacked up against the wall was the only thing besides the leaves here.

A voice spoke up, making my breathing halt for a second. A shiver went through my body and the feeling of fear rose.

"Look who we have here. If it isn't the little girl with the annoying fucking brothers. But look who's alone now" 

° ° °

Vote

Comment

Share

Smile

-Rose🌹

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 30.8K 57
He's smirking down at me as he says, "Um, you're in my seat." I laugh and say, "You realize that is the most cliche thing you could possibly say?" ...
94.1K 2.3K 27
[COMPLETED] What if your life changed dramatically? How would you cope? When 15 year old Tris lost her parents aged four, she didn't think life could...
2M 43.5K 34
"let's give this girl six older brothers" they said "it will be fun" they said um... whoever "they" is, really wanted to see me struggle!
48.5K 1.8K 36
Marisa's life: Parties, the pool, boys, annoying sisters, embarrassing moments, and hanging out with her friends. Even though sometimes things get ou...