Ineffable, ᴘᴇᴛᴇʀ ᴋᴀᴠɪɴsᴋʏ (ed...

By itsvikie

Right from the start, from that eventful day at the coffee shop, Rita of Lancaster and Peter Kavinsky felt li... More

I N E F F A B L E
C A S T
IT'S DESTINY
REMINISCING
PETER KAVINSKY
FALLING
THE THEATRE CLUB
LITTLE WHITE LIES
CONFRONTATION
REALITY vs PRETEND
FINALLY SATURDAY
ROAD TRIP
REALITY SLAP
NO PLACE LIKE HOME
BLOOD TIES
LACROSSE BOYS
HEALING
TIME JUMP
BIRTHDAY GIFS
REWRITING THE STARS
SURPRISES
IT'S NOT COMPLICATED
THE PARTY
DRUNK IN LOVE?
AFTER PARTY
JEALOUSY
TROUBLE
THE BEGINNING OF THE END
FALLING BACK
REALISATION
OVER
ASSASINS
INSIDE THE CLOSET
DENIAL
RESCUE
THREE, TWO, ONE - ACTION
GREASE IS THE WORD
ALMOST DONE
MOTHER'S LOVE
GIVING IN
F O U R T Y
Final considerations

FALLING DEEPER

1.1K 38 3
By itsvikie

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ 

F A L L I N G  D E E P E R

''I can't.'' Rita shook her head ferociously.

''Or you go look by yourself or Peter is going to burst in trough the door in about 2 minutes telling you himself.'' 

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌     

~ 7 Hours Before ~

''Ah Lancaster! My day's so much better!'' Peter teased as they entered the classroom. 

Rita threw him a quick smirk but kept silent as she sat down. She couldn't engage on this oblivious game he played.

''Results are in after class!'' He spoke again, so excited it took every bone in Rita's being not to smile at his adorableness. ''Do you think we're in?''

''Yeah Peter I've heard you used to hate theater so maybe explain to me why you're so excited?'' She didn't mean to sound as harsh as she did, and she definitely didn't mean to cause Peter's expression to drop from a bright smile into a confused frown. 

''That's denigration of my name. I won't have that.'' He punched the table, sending some stares their way, including Lara Jean's confused expression. 

See, Peter did this thing where he rarely showed something got to him. 

He had this switch inside his mind that if he turned his feelings would become numb and maybe even nonexistent for a short while, and he would act as if everything was a joke. And even though Rita had seen his hidden side he kept this act on around her, as if she didn't know better. 

The girl laughed. ''I do think I'm in, you? I don't know you see...'' She shook her head breathing in with her teeth together. ''You were kinda terrible man.'' 

''C'mon Rita. Not even you believe that!'' Peter winked as he smirked. ''I'm great at everything.'' 

''Yeah.'' The girl whispered to herself as the bell rang over their conversation.  

Peter Kavinsky really was good at everything, and she hated the way she was a sucker for it.No matter the surroundings, the ambient, the mood, the anything, the attraction towards him remained constant, she had no absolute idea why she allowed him to do it to her over and over again, like a vicious cycle that had no end.

But that wasn't, at the moment her biggest concern. 

Her stomach, if one could glance inside it, would probably look like a war zone after an ugly defeat as she hadn't felt so nauseated since Friday previous to the auditions and to pair the class seemed to last for days, as she counted the seconds for it to be over, and when it finally rang, she stood so still in her seat she could compete professionally on any statue contest. 

''Rita c'mon they're out!'' Lara Jean jumped excitedly, her ponytail dangling around, after even the teacher left the classroom. 

''I can't.'' Rita shook her head ferociously.  

''Or you go look by yourself or Peter is going to burst in trough the door in about 2 minutes telling you himself.'' LJ laughed pointing to his empty seat. 

 ''What if I don't get in?'' She asked in a whisper as she dramatically stood up as if reality turned into slow camera motion. 

Lara Jean's eyebrows furrowed as she pointed to Rita as if telling ''how would you not get in if everything you do screams drama queen?''

''Let's go!'' Her brunette friend grabbed at her wrist and next thing Rita knew they were walking along the hallway to the entry that seemed now so lengthy it was painful.   

''I'm going to throw up.'' Rita knew by the terrified look on LJ's eyes she was having a deja vú from not long ago. 

''RITA!'' She heard then, Peter scream at the top of his lungs as he ran full speed towards them. 

''We're in!'' He shouted with a big smile as he opened his arms ready to embrace the petite girl. 

  ''What?'' Rita took to steps backwards, her mouth dropped to the floor.  

  ''You're in baby!'' And after realizing Rita wasn't going to hug him by herself Peter took his arms to her waist and pulled the girl into his chest. ''You're in!'' Her feet became light as he lifted her up from the floor, without a single worry as if she was made of feathers, and spun her in the air. She glued her hands around his strong neck and looked at him; His eyes wrinkled up as he released the most genuine smile Rita had ever seen, they then held the stars themselves inside, she couldn't help it but match his expression. 

Really to anyone seeing the two from the outside they looked like two weirdos giggling at each others while doing some weird dance. 

''We're in!'' She shouted as well cupping his face while his hands still held their bodies together now on the floor. Rita felt him lean towards her palms at the touch, like he had been craving it for too long and there was that static again, that crackling in the air that's always happened whenever the two of them got within a couple centimeters of each other.   

Rita's left hand traveled to and along his curls, stopping then at the back of his neck. She didn't have to give in to the protruding will that screamed inside her head to just pull him closer and kiss him because Peter leaned in himself, so close she felt his breath on her lips. 

''I knew it.'' He smiled as he brushed his nose on hers. Rita smiled back but before there could be any other action a loud cough woke them from their trance. 

 The brunette boy left Rita so quickly it seemed automatic, her body felt cold and unsafe now and she hated it, hated how weird his absence made her feel. 

''Congratulations you two!'' Lara Jean said happily, after throwing Rita a warning look. 

Now, free from his spell Rita realized what could have happened, there, in the middle of the hallway for everyone to see and run to tell Gen in less than a second. She threw her friend a thankful and ashamed look. 

''Thank you LJ!'' Peter said happily, his body language screaming awkwardness, but he sure disguised it in a eye blink. ''I mean, obviously!'' 

''Too cocky'' Rita threw to the side with a smirk painted on her fine features. 

''Peter!'' Rita's whole body reacted the same way a cat would to danger, as Gen's voice echoed trough the walls. She did not only hiss. ''What are you doing?'' Her head tilted.

''I got in the theater club Genevieve.'' He said now, not even half as excited as he was when he had dropped the same news to Rita.

''Do you even like that?'' She asked raising her eyebrows, before glancing Rita from head to feet. ''That's for nerds baby.'' She snorted as she grabbed at his arm like a koala. 

''So what? I'm a nerd.'' Peter was quick to remove himself from her holding. ''And yes I like it.'' He said after, pulling at the strap of his backpack while intensively staring at Rita. 

The girl felt her ears start to burn so she gave him a shy smile back. 

Gen looked extremely offended by Peter's action, so offended she couldn't stand still, it was almost like she had some breeze going so strong trough her she couldn't keep hold of her own body. 

''And these two losers? What are you doing with them?'' 

''Gen, missed you honey.'' Rita smiled leaning her head to the side and faking an accent that reminded of a very rich old lady and she could swear Peter snorted. 

''Gen, don't even start.'' The boy massaged his forehead, probably to hide his smile. ''Let's just go.''

''What? Peter I've told you I don't want you-'' Gen's voice faded as they walked away but Rita didn't care. 

''You're welcome by the way, this could have been a disaster scale 10 to humanity.'' Lara Jean joked after as they left the school gates. ''But you two look really cute together I can't lie.'' 

The new that she had indeed slayed the audition provoked almost a party at dinner time, making Rita feel so loved her heart could burst out from her chest.

''That's my cousin!'' Isaac congratulated after kissing her forehead. 

''You get to be a princess all the time right?'' Amor asked, eyes twinkling brighter than the stars outside. 

''I maybe do!'' Rita winked. 

There was only one person left to tell the great news to.

~ Present ~

''Hi mom!'' Rita greeted happily ''I have great news!!''

''Listen baby, I don't have much time.''

Rita's heart began to race, as her mouth became deprived of all moist. 

''Y-yeah?''

''We are under attack, our camp. I won't be able to call for a while. But I promise you with my soul I'll be okay.'' 

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌

V

You are worth it. Remember that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.8K 703 30
"Steve, I'm scared. I'm terrified something will happen to you." I cupped Steve's cheeks, making him look down at me. "I'm just gonna dive down and...
39.4K 407 30
alexandria conklin was a beautiful girl with a beautiful heart. almost always with her younger sister, belly, the two shared many memories. especial...
142K 3.9K 23
𝗔 𝗝𝗨𝗟𝗜𝗘 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗛𝗔𝗡𝗧𝗢𝗠𝗦 𝗙𝗔𝗡 𝗙𝗜𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡. 🎙️🖤 | 𝗶'𝗺 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶 𝗰𝗮𝗻'𝘁...
11.4K 382 34
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃゚★,◠◡◠◡ "his hair looks like corn-on-the-cob.." she murmured under her breath, trying so desperately to be discreet about her comment. "...