What If | #Wattys2020

By laurysdiary

COMPLETED "We may be meant for each other, who knows? You followed your path and I followed mine until they c... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
Interview |READ|
36.
38.
39.
40. (part one)
41. (part two)
Epilogue

37.

96 13 1
By laurysdiary

Scott's POV

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" I asked her.

She flipped her hair dramatically from her seat on the living room's couch.

"Honey, this is my apartment too. I wanted to surprise you."

I rolled my eyes. "Lisa. How many times have I told you not to come over? This is my work place, you shouldn't be here. This is boring. You should be out there in New York, shopping and... whatever it is you do in the city."

"Hey! I... Look, I just wanted to be with you. We're getting married next week, Scott."

The thought of it sent a chill through my spine. I was getting married next week.

"What if I don't want to get married? What if I don't want to be with you?"

A bitter laugh left Lisa's lips. "It's totally normal to have second thoughts... But you love me, Scott."

There was only one person I loved, and it surely wasn't her.

"We need to talk, Lisa." I said after taking a deep breath. I dropped her gaze, unable to look at her eyes.

Suddenly, she jumped from her seat and grabbed me from the back of my neck, I gasped at her strength.

"I swear to god, if you break up with me, I will ruin your life." She whispered.

"My life will be ruined the moment we exchange vows." I whispered back with a groan. "Now get your filthy claws off me."

She did as I said without getting her eyes off me. For a moment, I felt pity for her, I had Melissa, but she had no one.

"You were never pregnant."

She finally looked away, her jaw noticeably tightened.

"You can't deny it, this was all your father's plan. I know everything. If I didn't say anything until now it was because I was scared you would hurt me or my family again. But you know what? I'm not scared of you anymore." I took a step forward. "You're the one who should be scared. I'm going to unmask all this, you're going down."

"Scott," She started to say weakly, "Think about it. I've been there for you always. You can't do this to me. Plus, who do you think is going to believe you?"

"Why wouldn't they believe me?"

"Because you're an alcoholic."

"Yeah," I chuckled. "I drink a little, so what?"

She gave me a suspicious smile I didn't like. "You're violent."

"Excuse me?" I arched my eyebrows in surprise.

"When you come back home in the weekends... You pour yourself a whole glass of whiskey, first thing. You don't even say hi to me..."

"That's not true. What are you talking about?"

She sat back on the couch and covered her face with her hands for a few seconds.

"Later... at night... You always get mad at me with no reason. I just want to please you, you're my fiancée, but all you want to do is get drunk. You..." Her shoulders started to go up and down until I realized, she was crying. "You... you once pushed me so hard I fell down the stairs and broke my ankle. I lied to all my friends and told them I had slipped on ice. But you pushed me... and that wasn't the only time."

I was left speechless. She was lying.

"I was scared. I didn't want to say anything in case you found out and go even further. There's nothing else I can do, I tried to help you in all possible ways but there's just... nothing else I can do."

"What the hell, Lisa?" I screamed at her.

I ran my hands through my hair uncontrollably while she got up and wiped all the fake tears from her cheeks.

"You're insane!"

"Maybe. But I'm a great actress. Who do you think they'll believe, now?"

"Bitch. Try me."

"Whatever you say will be considered an excuse against my accusation, there's nothing you can do," She shrugged ironically. "Keep your parents safe and happy, marry me."

"Over my dead body," I muttered under my breath.

"Who would want to be with you, anyway? You're nothing more than a pretty face." She sighed. "Everything is always about you. You can't help it, you're in love with yourself. Everyone else is inferior."

I gritted my teeth trying to control myself, my fists white as paper.

"You think I'm incapable of love?"

"You've never loved anyone besides yourself. At one point I thought you loved me. But, eh, turns out you didn't."

I pressed my lips together, I couldn't hold it anymore. I spinned on my heels and started walking towards my room, determined to rescue Melissa from her hiding spot. The only person who I knew would be able to calm me down in a situation like this.

"Where the hell are you going now?" Lisa yelled from the distance.

I banged the door behind me and made my way to the closet. I knocked twice before getting inside.

"It's me." I whispered in the darkness, longing for her voice.

I felt her hand on my cheek after a few seconds. My heart calmed down almost immediately, she was with me. Everything was right again.

"I love you." She muttered in my ear. "I love you. I love you. I love you. I love y—"

I kissed her before she could finish.

"I love you too."

"You've been cheating on me?"

I rolled my eyes at her overly dramatic tone. "Like you haven't."

"I would never."

"Lisa." I arched an eyebrow.

She looked at Melissa like if she was some kind of disgusting monster. It made my blood boil.

"Anyway... So, you, the happy couple, pretend to bring me, the New York queen, down. All by yourselves?" She laughed.

I brought Mel closer to me in a protective gesture. "We will bring you down. Now that we warned you, please get the hell out of my apartment."

"You don't know what you're getting yourself into, Blackstone."

"Was that a threat?" Melissa jumped next to me.

"I don't know. Did it sound like a threat?"

"Look, Lisa. I get you're all jealous because Scott didn't pick you. But hey, there's plenty of men out there for you. There's a place full of guys who'd love you, it's called prison!" She snapped. My eyes widened at her words, my girl had an attitude. I smiled for myself and reached for her hand.

Lisa pressed her lips as she grabbed her purse from the couch. "I'll call my dad now first thing. You're in trouble."

I chuckled.

"What is this, high school? Will I get a detention ticket? Fuck off, Lisa." I said, tired of the conversation.

She walked towards the door without forgetting to push Melissa's shoulder childishly on her way out.

"I hope you step on a dog shit on your way home," Mel added before Lisa banged the door behind her.

A couple seconds passed after Lisa finally left that I started cracking up at Melissa's last comment.

"A dog shit, seriously?"

She shrugged in that cute way only she could. I turned around to face her and embraced her in a warm hug.

"So we're finally doing this?" She whispered pulling away, a hint of worry on her voice.

"It was about time we got the chance to build our happy ending." I told her, tearing away a flock of hair from her face.

"I can't wait." She said, and we hugged again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 31.7K 24
"Please dont do this, I don't want it. Please." I plead with him but it's no use. He walks over to me and slams his hand on the wall next to my head...
1.9K 57 36
"Feisty aren't we?" I pulled my shirt on under the water and and climbed out . Shivering in my wet clothes. "You.. You're the guy who let me escape...
299K 9K 33
CRINGE WARNING! First book I ever wrote on here!! -- "Sometimes the person who you are willing to take a bullet for is the person behind the gun." I...
21.9K 973 29
Being the son of Eric Garcia one of the richest guys around , came with lots of advantages I had less to worry about like what to eat, wear or even...