Oh Brothers

By honestotter

"Something you want to ask me?" he asks, amused. "Nope," I pop the 'p' sound and don't even spare him a glan... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 part 1
Chapter 29 Part 2
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 39 (again - different)
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Sequel to Oh Brothers!

Chapter 30

15K 472 83
By honestotter

Lucy's P.O.V.

"Um," I stare down at my hands. Will steps forward and lifts my chin to meet his eyes.

"Please, Luce, tell me," he pleads. I turn around and see my siblings watching.

"Fine, but not here, go to my room I'm coming," I say and Will stays rooted where he is.

"I'm not letting you out of my sight for as long as I can help it," he says. I nod my head and turn to face my siblings. The movie has finished so I walk over to the DVD player and pop in Tangled. I let them to it and once I'm sure they're engrossed in the movie, I stride over to Will and grab his hand. His fingers intertwine with mine as I lead him to my room.

I lock the door and turn around to face him. He looks sad and my heart melts.

"Lu, you're hiding something, you've been hiding something and it's driving me crazy. This is you and me, we never lie to each other, you're my best friend, and I can't stand it if something or someone is hurting you and I don't know about it, so please for the love of all things holy, can you tell me what's going on?" Will begs.

I take a deep breath and spill. Everything. All in practically one breath. From when Dad died until know. All of my secrets. I even tell him about Mom's crazy idea about stealing from him, vowing that I never could or would do so. By the end of it, I'm cradled in his lap on my bed, sobbing. I look up at him and see tears in his eyes. I have never seen him cry.

"Lu, I can't believe you didn't tell me," Will says.

I sniffle, "I know, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I just don't understand why you kept it from me," Will says softly.

"I don't know," I sit up and face him, " I guess a part of me thought if I didn't tell you it wasn't true. Admitting it to you is like admitting it to myself and I wasn't ready for that. The other part just felt that if I told you, I would be a burden to you and you'd step in and make everything okay but you'd resent me for it, which I know doesn't make sense but it did to me at the time."

"Lucy," Will tilts my head so my eyes are even with his, "I want to make sure this sticks in that pretty head of yours. You could never be a burden to me and I could never resent you. You and me, we're in it for the long haul. Now that we're finally together, I don't plan on ever letting you go. I love you."

My heart feels like it's going to explode from happiness. He's saying everything I've always wanted to hear from him, "I love you too, Will. So, so much."

This next kiss is more than anything I've ever felt. It's passionate and intense and strikes every nerve in my body. When we come up for air I know he feels it too.

"Adonis Williams," I whisper, "you are my everything."

"And Lucy Claire Evans," he whispers back, "you are mine."

Once our moments over, Will tells me to pack all my clothes and he goes to help the kids back up. I ask him why and all he says is that we're moving in with him indefinitely.

It takes a few hours to get the kids on board and packed, but we convince them by saying we're going to have a slumber party at 'Willy's house'.

It's late by the time we have the kids packed and settled in the Jeep. As soon as the car started moving they fell asleep. I glance at their sleeping forms, snuggled tightly in blankets, and back at Will. His right hand is comfortably enclosed in mine.

"You sure about taking the Evans clan in?" I ask.

"Lu, I've rarely been so sure of anything in my entire life," Will says.

"This weekend has been nuts," I think back at everything that happened, "oh how was super duper fun day?"

Will laughs, "Ara is something special, I'll tell you, she organized this insane day of fun with the craziest food and games. But as much as I wanted to, I couldn't enjoy it without you."

"You know with all the perfect things you're saying, my heart is gonna explode," I tell him.

"Your heart will adjust, you deserve to know the truth and I will never lie to you, Luce," Will says and throws me a quick smile before focusing back on the road.

We pull into the gate of Will's house and a man named Roger is on duty.

"Mr. Williams, what are you doing out at this hour on a Sunday night?" Roger asks. I glance at the clock on the dash and realize it's well past midnight.

"I was bringing Lucy home. The Evans clan," Will turns around to wink at me,"is moving in."

"Alright then," Roger opens the gate and Will pulls in. I wake up the kids as Cole steps out of the house and I see Ara quickly behind him. Will called him when we left my house.

Cole'e become a different person since he met Ara. He's still got the sarcastic air to him, but he's friendlier, happier. And they are so cute together, they flirt like crazy. I totally ship them together. I'll come up with a ship name once my brain is functioning.

Will also mentioned earlier that he and Cole have gotten closer again. Like brothers. It's so sweet.

Cole comes over and easily picks up a sleeping Paul.

"Welcome home, Lucy," Cole greets with a smile. I smile back at him.

"Thank you, Cole," I gratefully thank him.

"Luce," Ara whispers and hugs me tightly. I feel tears in my eyes, "you could have told me."

"I know," I whisper, "but it's okay you know now."

"Well I know the gist of it. I'd like more details when you're ready, if you're not what I currently know is enough too," she says supportively.

"Thank you, Ara," I hug her tightly.

Will carries Steven and I scoop up Emily. Ara gently pulls Emily from my arms and in my tired state I let her. Will leads us to the closest bedroom and puts them together.

"They'll each have their own room, but for now if they wake up alone in an unfamiliar place they'll freak," he reasons.

I nod my head," good idea."

I turn around to go grab the bags from the car when two servants enter the room and gently place them in the corner of the room. Will takes my bag from the servant and laces his hand in mine.

"Thanks, Cole, and Thanks, Ara," Will says softly.

"Anytime, get some sleep, we have school tomorrow," Cole says and exits the room, his hand looped in Ara's. Will leads me out of the room and up the stairs.

"Which room am I staying in?" I ask him. He stops in front of his room.

He releases my hand and opens the door to his room. He slides my bag along the hardwood floor and into his room. He turns to me.

"This will be our room now," he strides towards me and in one motion he carries me bridal style.

"Will, what are you doing?" I whisper to him.

"I'm carrying you across the threshold as per tradition," he states and shuts the door behind him.

"That's for when people get married," I reply. He shrugs.

"I think it's appropriate here too," he sighs and places me gently on the bed.

"You really want me to move into your bedroom?" I ask, curious.

"Yes. Like I told you earlier, me and you, we're the real thing. We're in this forever. Besides, I sleep better when I know you're safe in my arms," Will says with sparkling eyes. I nod my head.

"I sleep better too," I reply. I lie in bed next to him and before I know it I'm fast asleep, with no nightmares haunting me.

Ara's P.O.V.

"Pst, Ara," a voice penetrates the air and I roll over and ignore it. I moan in protest as they continue talking, "Ara."

I force my eyes open and see Cole hovering over me. Im suddenly wide awake and roll over and sit up to face him.

"What's happening?" I ask with a yawn.

"Lucy and her siblings are moving in tonight, indefinitely," Cole explains and sits on the edge of the bed.

"What? Why?" I ask, concerned.

"From what little Will quickly told me, they have an abusive and neglectful mother. I'm going to go out and help them in, you stay here and I'll come back with an update."

"I'm totally coming with you," I stand up quickly.

"Ara-" Cole protests.

"Not a chance," I say and storm out of the room. I've become increasingly familiar with the layout of the house so I make the trek towards the front door. My anger at Lucy's mother fuels me and I start power

"Slow down, Ara," Cole says and wraps an arm around my waist. He flips me around and my right hand comes to rest on his chest right over his heart. I look into his eyes and see the concern drawn in them, "what is it?"

"She was hurting, and she didn't tell anyone," I blurt out. I look down at my right hand. Cole uses his right hand to pull my chin up to look at him.

"Would you?" he asks.

I start to answer and he stops me, "honestly, Ara."

I think about what he said and I sigh, "I, I don't think I would. I mean it depends."

"See, she acted normally. Most abused kids are too scared to tell anyone," Cole says. I lean my head against Cole's chest and he wraps his arms firmly around my waist.

"Why do people who don't know how to parent become parents?" I ask.

"Because, quite often, the kids turn out better and grow up to be good people and raise good people," Cole says softly and I feel his lips brush against my hair, "like you."

"And you," I add.

Cole takes a deep breath before adding, "and me."

We walk hand in hand down to wait for Will and Lucy. Once we exit the front door, Will is pulling the car to a stop. Cole rushes ahead to talk to Will and I follow slowly behind him.

Cole walks over to the car and easily picks up a sleeping little boy.

"Welcome home, Lucy," Cole greets Lucy with a smile. Lucy smiles back at him.

"Thank you, Cole," she thanks.

"Luce," I breathe and reach over and hug her tightly. I whisper into her ear, "you could have told me."

"I know," She whispers, "but it's okay you know now."

"Well I know the gist of it. I'd like more details when you're ready, if you're not what I currently know is enough too," I say, encouragingly. I don't want to force her into saying something if she's not comfortable.

"Thank you, Ara," she squeezes her arms snugly around me and I close my eyes and hug her back.

Will carries the other little boy and Lucy picks up the little girl. I pry the little girl from Lucy's arms and Lucy eventually lets me. Will leads the way into the house and into the closest bedroom and we place the kids together on the same bed.

"They'll each have their own room, but for now if they wake up alone in an unfamiliar place they'll freak," he explains.

Lucy tiredly nods her head and smiles," good idea."

Two off the staff members enter the room and gently place the bags in the corner of the room. Will takes the last bag from the staff member and laces his hand through Lucy's. They are so cute together.

"Thanks, Cole, and Thanks, Ara," Will thanks us.

"Anytime, get some sleep, we have school tomorrow," Cole says and exits the room, his hand in mine. His fingers intertwine with mine as he leads me back to my room, "that goes for you too, it's way past your bed time."

I yawn, "I know, I know, I know."

I lean against Cole as we walk back to my room.

"Are you gonna be okay, tonight?" Cole asks. I sleepily, excessively nod my head.

"Goodnight Cole," I lean in and kiss him softly on the cheek. I close the door behind me and my eyes pop open. Why did I do that? I turn back to stare at the door. I stay staring at the door for a few minutes before turning around and going to bed. I shake my head. It's way too late to contemplate feelings.

Lucy's little sad story is almost over, I think, we'll see.

Thanks for reading and voting!!!! It means so much. Unedited as per usual and I love you all!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

In the middle By D

Teen Fiction

11.5K 200 65
Zoie has never asked help from nobody. Practically raising herself while her mums away working, but when a new family moves to LA Zoie gets caught up...
283K 7.6K 47
The secret. the divorce. Suicidal. Weak. Brother. Jordan. Trent. Mom. Father. All these things...explain Skylar Lynn Alfaro's life. Sky hasn't seen...
38.3M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...
429K 7.8K 41
(Slowly re-writing) MATURE CONTENT (18+) What will your reaction. If a nerd of your college, you save from bully came out as A MAFIA BOSS....??? "...