βœ“ what we're made of ━━ newtΒΉ

By MAXMAYFIEHLDS

﹙𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 πŒπ€πƒπ„ πŽπ…οΉšβ”β” ' sometimes you need to run for the hills, before they burn. ' in which... More

WHAT WE'RE MADE OF
EPIGRAPH
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15

16

1.3K 46 47
By MAXMAYFIEHLDS

A BIG DISTRACTION WAS CAUSED BY A SINGLE MAN BY THE NAME OF JORGE. Ava Paige and Teresa escaped towards a big aircraft meanwhile the group tried to fight off the guards. A grenade exploded after "Run! Get down!" was shouted by Thomas. The grenade did much damage as it almost got Thea who was by now laying down on the ground with her hands covering her ears to drown out the noise.

Thea got up again and frantically looked around for her maze friends who she couldn't spot. But what she could see was Janson laying near Thomas holding his arm. Then she spotted Harriet and Clara who were shooting guards near them. Thea ran towards them and joined by their side as they continued their actions.

"Vince go!" boomed Harriet towards the heart broken man who started to run as if his life depended on it. At this point Thea had already picked up a weapon from the ground and tried to shoot guards who were trying to come closer to them. Vince stepped on the truck which stood beside them and shot around like a maniac.

"I need to help them!" stated Thea towards her best friends. "What?" Clara tried to grab her friend who made a run for it. "Thea!" she yelled. Harriet also tried to grab her friend but it was useless, Thea ran through the battle ground to help her other friends who she thanked for her life. She arrived just in time to be grabbed by Newt who pulled her with him. "Get out of here!" Newt raised his voice.

He pulled her behind a box, "Get down!" Thea could see how Minho got electrocuted and dropped down. She raised her gun and shot at the guards who she sadly missed. Out of the corner of her eye she saw how Thomas tried to run towards his friend but fell back in the last moment. Then he made another run for it. "Minho!"

"Come back!" Frypan tried to grab his friend but it didn't work. The group ran after Thomas in hopes of stopping him as they held him back. Thea shot at a guard who came closer and managed to injure him but he also almost hit her. "Thea!" shouted Newt and pulled her towards him as he pulled her back after he saw how she almost got hit. He couldn't risk losing her too.

Her surroundings were drowned out as she saw a glimpse of Aris and Sonya who were trying to escape. The two of them were struggling against the guards. The blond girl struggled against the grip of the boy and broke free as she tried to run towards two of her friends. "Thea!" Newt grabbed her again and was not planning on letting her go this time.

"Let me go!" she shouted as she wriggled in his grip. "Come on!" he grabbed her hand and pulled her with him. "No!" she cried out as the door closed ending the view she had on her friends. They were gone. Tears blurred her vision as the two of them suddenly stopped. Thea could see bright lights that flew away, an aircraft.

The boy pulled her into a tight hug like he did once before. His cheek was on the top of her head as he tried to calm her down. In his own eyes were slight tears as he whispered to her, "It's okay Thea." The two of them remained in that position for quite sometimes. Thea just let her emotions flow, she felt like with him she didn't need to hide her emotions. She felt safe with him.

"Thank you." she sobbed as she laid her head on his chest. She felt like she was overreacting but it also felt like her heart was ripped out. She just got her friends back and then one of them gets ripped away again. It just hurt. "We're getting them back Thea, I promise you." His soothing words helped her, it helped her to calm down her emotions.

The rest of the night was a big blur for Thea. She got reunited with Clara and Harriet who luckily didn't got taken away. They shared a big hug which expressed sadness but also happiness. The night was filled with sadness and grief. Many lost others, friends or maybe even people who they considered family.

They camped near the old base in hopes of returning in the morning to check what is left. Before she went to sleep, she went over to Newt as Clara and Harriet were already asleep. "Thank you, Newt." she mumbled as she laid her head on his shoulder. The two of them sat on the ground near each other.

The boy just smiled lightly at the girl. "You make me feel weird." admitted Thea with a drowsy voice. Newt just looked at her confused as he didn't really know what she meant. "Everytime you look at me I get this weird feeling in my stomach and my heart starts to ache a lot. When I'm with you, I feel like I can let my emotions out and be me."

He felt like he could explode as she admitted what she felt, he felt happy. "When I first looked at you, my heart just flattered. It felt like I have known you since forever, but also like I haven't. Sometimes I feel like we were something once but then we've forgotten about it. Back in the glade I felt like there was somethin' missing and well that was ya."

Thea turned her head to the side so she could look at Newt - who also turned his head. Her green eyes looked into his brown ones. "I like you, Newt. I know that I like you. And I know that I have liked you for a long time because my heart tells me that." whispered Thea as she and Newt moved closer to one another. "I like you too." he admitted.

They moved closer to one another until their lips touched. Their kiss was short and sweet but full of love. Yet again, grins were etched on their faces as they parted. Million thoughts raced through their heads as they looked at one another. Their eyes held a certain sparkle of love and appreciation.

The blond girl laid her head on his shoulder as she started to close her eyes. "I really don't know how to frase this but... would ya make me happy and be my girlfriend?" mumbled Newt as he also started to close his eyes. He leaned his head on hers as he waited for an answer. "Yes." she whispered quietly. Their decision made them forget about their loss for a short minute but only for a short minute.

The light of the day woke them up. The Right Arm members who were left got ready and marched towards the left overs of the camp. It was burned down to a massive level and covered with bodies of people who died. They sat down in quiet as they looked at the ruins. "What do we do now?" questioned Frypan as he looked around.

"Well, we pick up what's left of us." replied Vince as he sighed quietly. "We stick to the plan. We get you kids to the safe haven. Then we start over, I guess." It was silent again, no one dared to utter a single word. They knew how hard it would be to start again. "I'm not going with you." stated Thomas as he stood up.

"What?" asked Vince confused, what did Thomas mean? "I made a promise to Minho. I wouldn't leave him behind. I have to go after him." Thea knew that Thomas wasn't someone who would leave someone behind, no matter what. "Hey, kid, look around you. All right? WICKED just kicked our ass. You think about where you're headed." Vince tried to convince Thomas.

"I'm not asking anyone to come with me." declared Thomas. "Thomas, listen to me. I've known Minho for... well, as long as I can remember. So, if there was any way that we could help him, trust me, I would be up there standing next to you. This, what you're talking about... is impossible." spoke Newt, he was right it was nearly impossible.

Thea wanted to stand up and immediatly join Thomas as she also wanted to save her friends but it was nearly impossible. "More like suicide." added Jorge. "Maybe. But I know what I'm supposed to do now." Doubt flashed in the blond girls' eyes as she thought about what Thomas just said. Was he right?

"It's not just about Minho. It's about all of us. It's about everyone WICKED's ever taken, everyone they will take. They'll never stop. They'll never stop, so I'm gonna stop them. I'm gonna kill Ava Paige." "I have to admit... I'd like some revenge." admitted Harriet after Thomas' speech. "And I'd like my friends back." added Clara as she stepped besides Harriet. Both of them looked at Thea now.

"We did not walk through literal hell just to give up now. I am going to help them no matter what. I will help getting my friends back no matter what." declared Thea as she looked at Thomas. "Well, that's a good speech, kid. So, what's your plan?" quizzed Vince as he also looked at Thomas. He had much support now.

Thomas looked doubtful for a moment before he started to speak. The plan was set and their decisions were made. It was time to get their friends back. Like Thea said, no matter what.

-----

SEQUEL: FLARES - COMPLETED

It's the end of Book 1!! I actually never thought that anybody would read this fanfic and I never thought that I would continue it but here I am writing the end. Even if it quite dissappointing. Book 2 is called 'Flares' so check that out as soon it's published. I can't wait to start it.

It's published, the sequel is out and finished.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 2.6K 30
she began her new life completely alone, surrounded by endless stone walls, pounding voices in her head, and a resounding feeling of hollowness insid...
33.2K 828 30
― ❝ in which wicked wipes kids memories and puts them on trial to find a cure for a deadly disease. only some of them make it out alive. the others w...
5.2K 131 26
❝I only speak when necessary.❞ ❝So when will it be necessary to talk to me?❞ - π“π‡πŽπŒπ€π’ π„πƒπˆπ’πŽπ didn't ever believe he would have to tutor...
10.8K 329 66
The more Ash remembers, the more she pushes people away. Having friends is dangerous. Being close to Newt? Unfathomably risky. She has to choose betw...