Taking cover

By Battle_Penguin54

"I'm telling you! She died in a fire 7 years ago!" I boomed and raised my hands up in the air. He was sitting... More

CHAPTER 1: Missing
CHAPTER 2: My Life
CHAPTER 3: Unexpected Stranger
CHAPTER 4: The boss
CHAPTER 5: Mission
CHAPTER 6: Control
CHAPTER 7: Late
CHAPTER 8: False Information
CHAPTER 9: Close one
CHAPTER 10: A worthy Opponent
CHAPTER 11: Task
CHAPTER 12: Lock n' load
CHAPTER 13: The Plan
CHAPTER 14: A completely Normal Stakeout
CHAPTER 15: Hospital
CHAPTER 16: Screw Up
CHAPTER 17: Search
CHAPTER 18: Wounded
CHAPTER 19: Is this even qualified as an interrogation?
CHAPTER 20: Be Nice
CHAPTER 21: I'm here to help
CHAPTER 22: Thinking
CHAPTER 23: Suspicious
CHAPTER 24: Taking Action
CHAPTER 25: The Lab
CHAPTER 26: Apprehending the Traitor
CHAPTER 27: Bad Day
CHAPTER 28: Memory loss
CHAPTER 29: Quarters
CHAPTER 30: Are you sure its just a dream?
CHAPTER 31: Behind You
CHAPTER 32: Surprise!
CHAPTER 33: Freedom
CHAPTER 34: 6 Days
CHAPTER 35: DAY ONE
CHAPTER 36: Cut Short
CHAPTER 37: Back home?
CHAPTER 38: The Plan
CHAPTER 39: Just Acting
CHAPTER 40: Rescue
Chapter 41: Your Soul
CHAPTER 42: Do you Rememeber?
CHAPTER 43: The Greatest Friends!
CHAPTER 44: Nothing
CHAPTER 45: Forwards
CHAPTER 46: "Check Up"
CHAPTER 47: Number eight
CHAPTER 48: Frisk's Condition
CHAPTER 49: His Weakness
CHAPTER 50: The Riddle
CHAPTER 51: An awkward morning
CHAPTER 52: Her lastname
CHAPTER 53: New Clothes
CHAPTER 54: Expensive doors
CHAPTER 55: The Machine
CHAPTER 56: A creature lurking
CHAPTER 57: Still with me
CHAPTER 58: Frisk
CHAPTER 59: She ran
CHAPTER 60: The Voicemail
CHAPTER 61: Hate
CHAPTER 62: Frisk? Or 'Frisk'?
CHAPTER 63: The Liar
CHAPTER 64: Complicated
CHAPTER 65: Confusion
CHAPTER 66: It always has been
CHAPTER 67: Rest, then Work
CHAPTER 68: Friends
CHAPTER 69: Sans' Fear
CHAPTER 70: To protect
CHAPTER 72: Where's Papyrus?
CHAPTER 73: Scared
CHAPTER 74: Orange Maple Syrup
CHAPTER 75: This Title is LIT
CHAPTER 76: Right here
CHAPTER 77: Title number 77
CHAPTER 78: Are you guys even reading these?
CHAPTER 79: this isnt the end
CHAPTER 80: The first fall
CHAPTER 81: He won't get better
CHAPTER 82: Her only desire
CHAPTER 83: Can you seperate reality from imagination?
CHAPTER 84: DICE
CHAPTER 85: Lets talk.. not really
CHAPTER 86: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
CHAPTER 87: the last time
CHAPTER 88: Its not their fault
CHAPTER 89: Gone
CHAPTER 90: Gullible
CHAPTER 91: And so would you
CHAPTER 92: Chara is there
CHAPTER 93: Hostage situation
CHAPTER 94: Frisk
CHAPTER 95: A Tained Soul
CHAPTER 96: Losing her
CHAPTER 97: Love
CHAPTER 98: Together!
CHAPTER 99: Off the Radar
CHAPTER 100: Taking Cover

CHAPTER 71: He hates it

1.2K 63 65
By Battle_Penguin54

??? POV:

It is time.

——

Sans POV:

Papyrus! No!

"NYEH HEH HEH!" He gleamed with happiness. "YOU TWO ARE GOING TO BE SO EXCITED FOR MY SPAGHETTI TONIGHT!" Papyrus yelled happily. "I CANNOT WAIT! I JUST CANNOT WAIT!" He jumped slightly I the elevator, making it shake slightly.

God I just cant spoil his happiness. Is there a lie I can come up with that he'll believe?

The dim light of the elevator flickered as I entered my own thoughts; I could tell Frisk was already deep inside her own, trying to figure out a way out of Papyrus' grasp.
He still had her sleeve, and I was still in his arm like a stuffed animal. Usually, we would laugh about this, however, this wasn't a time to joke around.

I have to get to the cells before Chara realizes that she could be strong enough to break through it. If she got out, only Asgore knows what she would do.

"Papyrus!" I said quickly, "why don't you put me down, and let go of Frisk?" I said, in a slightly panicked voice. "Then you can go home and cook the spaghetti, while we run out real quick?" I said, with pleading eyes, hoping that he would get the memo.

Please say yes. Please say yes.

"WHY DO YOU TWO WANT TO RUN OFF ALONE SOMEWHERE?! DO YOU NOT ENJOY MY COOKING ANYMORE BROTHER?!" He exclaimed, slightly shocked and saddened at the same time. His voice sounded hurt and confused. He turned his head towards me to look me in the eyes, his strong form holding me up firmly, despite how much I weighed. "WELL?!" He said, his eyes holding the story of a boy that has been lied to.

Can I tell him that he's in danger?
No, he'll want to pay the hero part again. He'll want to help her, and with the amount of LV that she could have acquired, she's long from saving.

"It's not that!" I said shaking my head. "I just have to clear something up with Asgore, so I need to go to his office as soon as possible." I said, nodding, as if I wanted to believe my own lie. "Frisk has to be there too, though. He wants her there." I said, continuing.

"WHAT COULD BE SO IMPORTANT AT THIS TIME OF THE DAY?! ARENT YOU OFF DUE TO FRISK'S ARRIVAL?" He said, the innocence obscuring his vision from the bigger picture in the situation. "I DON'T UNDERSTAND, SANS. YOURE NOT MAKING ANY SENSE." He said, the elevator making a happy ding of approval.

The doors opened, and the crisp cool air of the second level caused me to exhale, seeing my breath as I would in Snowdin. I looked over to Frisk, who's cheeks were starting to turn rosy, like the human's faces tend to do if they're cold.

We should get her a jacket sometime.

"I'm SAYING that me and Frisk need to book it, and you should hang here to make your spaghetti." I said, gritting my teeth as we stepped off the elevator.

Papyrus, out of every time you could have been stubborn today, you choose now, out of all times..

"Papyrus." Frisk spoke up for the first time in this conversation. "Listen." She said in a serious voice, which surprised Papyrus, actually.

Don't tell him the truth, I beg of you. Don't let him play the hero, he'll get hurt. He's not ready to face a human, he doesn't know what their capable of.

I gave her a look that tried explaining that, but I didn't quite make the cut. She looked at me confused after pausing for a second, but continued after seeing that she had caught his attention. "We found a new spaghetti recipe, and that is old valid for a limited time today." She said, the lies coming out like a fluid waterfall. "We were going to bring it home and surprise you, but you caught us. We're on a time crunch, and we'd really like to have you try it." She said smoothly.

I could feel Papyrus's head nodding slowly, and a small exhale of relief from Frisk. He was going to put us down and we could rush over to Chara.

Since when did she get so good at lying? I sure didn't teach her that.

"WELL," Papyrus started, "I DONT NEED THAT PASTA SINCE I HAVE THE SPECIAL ONE I AM PREPARING TONIGHT!" He said, stopping at our apartment door.

My heart sunk. I really had though that we got him. I looked over at Frisk, who's smug face had dropped to disappointment almost instantly.

I'm sorry to do this to you, Bro. But you've left me no choice.

I guess I should be apologizing to myself, actually.

"Hey Papyrus, can ya put me down?" I said, looking up to him with a casual face. I tired not to look at Frisk, or my cover would be blown. He would know somethings up.

"SURE THING, BROTHER! I NEED TO FIND THE KEYS ANYWAYS!" He laughed, back in his cheery attitude like he was before. He put me down, going through the bag of groceries inside the paper bag. "I KNOW THEY'RE HERE SOMEWHERE." He tried to mumble, unable to die to his energetic voice.

I silently slipped the stolen keys into my pocket, not making any noise from the multiple rings along it. I backed towards frisk, tapping her shoulder twice, which papyrus had let go of as well.

If we run we won't make it. He's much faster than me, and has more stamina.
There's only one other way.

I turned to her, nodding once, as if she knew what I was about to do. To be honest, I didn't know what I was about to do until I nodded for her, making up my mind and soul to do this.

For the safety of the Mafia.

Taking her hand, I started running down the hall, feeling her stumble at my pull slightly, missing a few steps before she got into step with me.

"Sans?! What are you-??" She tried to yell as we bolted for the elevator.

"SANS! FRISK! WAIT FOR ME!" Papyrus said, dropping the bag on the floor and running after us, gaining speed rapidly. "ARE WE PLAYING TAG?! I CAN DEFINITELY GET YOU THEN!" He bragged, accelerating faster and faster, stomping down the hallway.

Sorry Papyrus.

Running down the hall, just before he could grab Frisk's flailing arm, I thought of the cells. Section A, in my head, I pictured it and thought about the specific place I needed to go.

And in the blink of an eye, we were there. Outside the doors of section A.

I-I did it! I did it—

My eye was glowing a light blue, the color of my soul trait and magic. Frisk was frozen in place, and I immediately grabbed my chest in pain.

"Wow i forgot how that felt." Frisk exclaimed, joking a bit. I heaved and held onto the wall for support, beginning to sweat as the pain in my soul became more prominent. "Hey?! Whoa! Are you okay?" She asked, walking over to me.

You're fine. I'm okay.
It's just this stupid magic. This stupid, messed up, magic.

"I'm..." I took an inhale, straightening my back, despite the pain inside. "I'm okay. Let's look for Chara." I said, praying to Asgore that she'd be there.

I'll need to check my stats after I check Chara's stats. I need to see if she really can steal Frisk's LV.

"Okay." She said after a moment of hesitation.

Filing in after her, I we passed the first few cells, including the first few maximum security cells where she would be held.

At least it's not chaotic. That's a plus on our part.

Walking to the cell that we were holding her in, my breathing hitched, putting my hands on the one way glass of the cell with my eyes widening.
How?! How did she know?!

With the lock on the outside of the cell secured tightly, it had been as if no one had been in there at all. A blank, empty room.

How did she fucking do it?!

"Where is she?" Frisk said, looking over at me with a worried glance.

How can she know more secrets than I could answer?! Why did it bother me so much?!
I HATED HOW SHE COULD MESS WITH ME LIKE THIS.

"I don't know.." I said. Obviously I'm thought and frustrated with these actions.

I hate her.
I hated her ways.
I ... I need to calm down.

I'll find her.

And she'll hate it too.

Actually.
I won't do a thing.

Doing that will get more people hurt. Alarming people isn't what I need to do.

I need to issue a man-hunt for this... demon.

I hated it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.7K 1.3K 40
As a little kid Y/N was drawn to hip hop and was always looking for someone to challenge.So she resulted to DANCE battles!She had become popular for...
1.6K 73 12
You used to be in the Monster Mafia, keywords used to but 3 years later, two familiar skeletons had seeked you out to ask you for much needed help in...
29.2K 804 22
{COMPLETED} When Frisk climbed Mt. Ebott, she had expected to simply be erased from existence. But instead, she awoke Underground, and found herself...
26.8K 770 37
Frisk just wants to save monster and humankind, but does she have the determination to do everything she wants? Especially as she has now been blamed...