Taking cover

By Battle_Penguin54

"I'm telling you! She died in a fire 7 years ago!" I boomed and raised my hands up in the air. He was sitting... More

CHAPTER 1: Missing
CHAPTER 2: My Life
CHAPTER 3: Unexpected Stranger
CHAPTER 4: The boss
CHAPTER 5: Mission
CHAPTER 6: Control
CHAPTER 7: Late
CHAPTER 8: False Information
CHAPTER 9: Close one
CHAPTER 10: A worthy Opponent
CHAPTER 11: Task
CHAPTER 12: Lock n' load
CHAPTER 13: The Plan
CHAPTER 14: A completely Normal Stakeout
CHAPTER 15: Hospital
CHAPTER 16: Screw Up
CHAPTER 17: Search
CHAPTER 18: Wounded
CHAPTER 19: Is this even qualified as an interrogation?
CHAPTER 20: Be Nice
CHAPTER 21: I'm here to help
CHAPTER 22: Thinking
CHAPTER 23: Suspicious
CHAPTER 24: Taking Action
CHAPTER 25: The Lab
CHAPTER 26: Apprehending the Traitor
CHAPTER 27: Bad Day
CHAPTER 28: Memory loss
CHAPTER 29: Quarters
CHAPTER 30: Are you sure its just a dream?
CHAPTER 31: Behind You
CHAPTER 32: Surprise!
CHAPTER 33: Freedom
CHAPTER 34: 6 Days
CHAPTER 35: DAY ONE
CHAPTER 36: Cut Short
CHAPTER 37: Back home?
CHAPTER 38: The Plan
CHAPTER 39: Just Acting
CHAPTER 40: Rescue
Chapter 41: Your Soul
CHAPTER 42: Do you Rememeber?
CHAPTER 43: The Greatest Friends!
CHAPTER 44: Nothing
CHAPTER 45: Forwards
CHAPTER 46: "Check Up"
CHAPTER 47: Number eight
CHAPTER 48: Frisk's Condition
CHAPTER 49: His Weakness
CHAPTER 50: The Riddle
CHAPTER 51: An awkward morning
CHAPTER 52: Her lastname
CHAPTER 53: New Clothes
CHAPTER 54: Expensive doors
CHAPTER 55: The Machine
CHAPTER 56: A creature lurking
CHAPTER 57: Still with me
CHAPTER 58: Frisk
CHAPTER 59: She ran
CHAPTER 60: The Voicemail
CHAPTER 61: Hate
CHAPTER 62: Frisk? Or 'Frisk'?
CHAPTER 63: The Liar
CHAPTER 64: Complicated
CHAPTER 65: Confusion
CHAPTER 66: It always has been
CHAPTER 67: Rest, then Work
CHAPTER 68: Friends
CHAPTER 69: Sans' Fear
CHAPTER 71: He hates it
CHAPTER 72: Where's Papyrus?
CHAPTER 73: Scared
CHAPTER 74: Orange Maple Syrup
CHAPTER 75: This Title is LIT
CHAPTER 76: Right here
CHAPTER 77: Title number 77
CHAPTER 78: Are you guys even reading these?
CHAPTER 79: this isnt the end
CHAPTER 80: The first fall
CHAPTER 81: He won't get better
CHAPTER 82: Her only desire
CHAPTER 83: Can you seperate reality from imagination?
CHAPTER 84: DICE
CHAPTER 85: Lets talk.. not really
CHAPTER 86: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
CHAPTER 87: the last time
CHAPTER 88: Its not their fault
CHAPTER 89: Gone
CHAPTER 90: Gullible
CHAPTER 91: And so would you
CHAPTER 92: Chara is there
CHAPTER 93: Hostage situation
CHAPTER 94: Frisk
CHAPTER 95: A Tained Soul
CHAPTER 96: Losing her
CHAPTER 97: Love
CHAPTER 98: Together!
CHAPTER 99: Off the Radar
CHAPTER 100: Taking Cover

CHAPTER 70: To protect

1.3K 72 105
By Battle_Penguin54

Shoutout to Qrow_Is_Bae who just started a new book with Frans and is in need of support!
I LOVE her AU and I'm sure you guys will too! I love the concept.

Alrighty—
THERE WILL BE NO UPDATE WEDNESDAY. I have to go to my grandmother's funeral and I will not have the time.
——

Frisk POV:

Sans pulled me along the hallway and towards the elevator. He seemed distressed, and to be honest, I was too. I was afraid of what the demon on the other side of the HeadQuarters would do to me if she were to get out.

Would she find me? Why does she need to see me? I have so many questions and such little time to get them answered. The only way is to ask them to her myself.

We stepped in and the elevator seemed to slow it's pace unbearingly so. I couldn't stand it. Just move faster! I'm trying to get somewhere!

Time is going by too slow for my own comfort. I need this to speed up. Why isn't Sans teleporting? He seems rushed, when why doesn't he take the 'shortcut'?

Is it because he needs to check out? Another question to add to my growing list.

He was tapping his foot, obviously impatient from the slowness time seemed to drag on in the small elevator. His taps gradually got faster, he couldn't keep a steady rhythm, his heart was probably beating fast.
I looked over some more, trying not to make it obvious I was staring at him in a way that I was worried.

I don't want to make him worry any more and the already is. He's a worrier, but this is something to be worried about.

He was mumbling something under his breath. Quick, agitated words fizzled out of his mouth ever so sharply and in spite of our visitor who has outsmarted us once again. "I can't use my fucking magic." He grumbled again and again, holding his head. "How am I going to..." He looked over at me, catching my wandering eye, and straightened his back. "What are you looking at?" He spat, obviously pissed off from not connecting the dots any sooner than he already did. Or, what he thinks is connected.

He can't use his magic? I can't fight. What happens if she really is out?

Wait—
Since when could Sans not use his magic? Didn't he use it to teleport out of the lobby to get to the hospital where Alphys was treating me?

It seems like his magic works fine. Unless there's something that's happened in the time I've been away, and a lot can happen in 14 years.

"Im just worried." I said, giving him a questioning glance. "Can you use your magic?" I asked, pretending I didn't hear his spiteful words. "You used it earlier, didn't you?" I said, eyeing him carefully to detect any wavering of the eyes or hands. "How come you aren't teleporting is we need to be there so fast?"

There was a pause for s moment, as if he had to think about what to say carefully before telling me. He furrowed what would be his eyebrows and let out a deep sigh. "Yeah. I can use my magic." He said, stuffing his skeletal hands in his pockets. "I mean, yeah, I used it to get Chara and I to the hospital as soon as possible." He said, nodding as he said it. "I just have to be more careful. I have— to check out at the desk, and it's not that far anyways, we'll just have to hurry."

Thats what I thought. I must have heard wrong.
I could have sworn he said that though, or something along those lines.

"Weren't you just mumbling that you couldn't use your magic?" I said, questioning my friend further. He looked at me with a face that was calm and straight. Much unlike his very worried face earlier.

"Nah. I was saying that I hope Chara can't use magic." He said, "With the amount of LV she's probably acquired, it would be very bad if she could use magic." Sans said, mumbling something else, "she might even could beat me."

"Ah." I said, taking in the truth that came from his mouth.

There's no way he would lie to me. He's my best friend.
Would he? He said earlier the feeling in his soul was still there, but does having the menores affect the relationship we once had?

"Finally." He breathed, as the lost elevator came to a stop. It dinged with happiness to let us off of the elongated ride, except for one thing.

Standing in front of the opening elevator doors was none other than Papyrus, holding a bag of what it looked like groceries.
"BROTHER! I WAS WORRIED! I COULDN'T FIND YOU OR THE HUMAN!" Papyrus said. "THERE WAS A MARK ON THE DOOR AFTER YOU LEFT, WERE YOU PLAYING WITH MY ACTION FIGURES?" He yelled, allowing the entire lobby of the apartment complex to hear.

Sans sighed loudly, as if everything was going the opposite of his way today. "No, Papyrus. I didn't touch 'em." Sans said, trying to push past the y'all skeleton to get out of the elevator. "I'm busy. We'll talk later." He said, waving his brother off.

"BUT, BROTHER! IV'E BEEN LOOKING ALL OVER TOWN FOR YOU!" He said, "I WAS MAKING MY EXTRA SPECIAL PASTA LIKE YOU SAID TO MAKE FOR FRISK.. AND THEN.. JUST.. POOF!" He said.

"I guess your extra-cool senses weren't working at that moment to notice us leave." Said sans smoothly. "Your spaghetti is always needing your attention." He said, taking a few steps back towards the door of the entrance.

"OH! RIGHT! I TEND TO GIVE IT MY FULL, UNDIVIDED ATTENTION." He said, "I JUST BOUGHT MORE INGREDIENTS, WHEN DID YOU TWO GET BACK?!" He yelled, pointing at me. "AND YOYR SLEEVE IS CUT OFF! WHAT HAPPENED?"

"Oh I uh.." I began to say, unable to think of a decent lie to tell Papyrus, as much as it hurt my own soul.

"She was playing with your action figures." Sans said. "She accidentally got caught up in her own work and cut off her sleeve." Sans said, looking at me.

What kind of lie...?

"OH! RIGHT! LIKE IN THOSE TV SHOWS!" Papyrus said. "IM GOING TO MAKE ANOTHER BATCH! YOU TWO SHOULD JOIN ME!" He exclaimed, clapping his hands the best he could with the paper bag full of groceries in his right skeletal arm.

"We got back probably just after you left to find us." Sans said, continuing for the naïve mind. "We just went out on a walk, I needed to have s private conversation." He said, covering my shoulder slightly so Papyrus wouldn't notice the wound and bandaged area. "Listen, Papyrus, if live to go with you and eat some of your spaghetti, but-" Sans tried to say.

Papyrus, you are great and all, but we really have to go. We have to make sure Chara is still in her cell. We have to make sure everyone is okay.

If she can sense me, then wouldn't she be able to track me? Are their lives in danger if I'm around?

"NONSENSE BROTHER! I WILL CREATE A FABULOUS NEW RECIPE TONIGHT! WITH YOU AND FRISK AS MY TWO GUESTS OF HONOR!" Papyrus tried to clap again, jumping up and down excitedly. "OH! WE CSN MAKE DECORATIONS AND EVERYTHING!" He squealed.

"Papyrus, Listen—" Sans grumbled on, unable to speak up against his brother. I know time isn't on our side at the moment, but this could be really bad if we don't get there soon.

"ONWARDS! TOWARDS THE PAPRYUS-CAVE!" Papyrus roared at the top of his lungs, picking up Sans with ease, not even getting a single thing in the brown paper bag fall and dragging me back towards the elevator.

"Papyrus, I think we need to go.." I said quietly as Papyrus dragged us back into the elevator to 'celebrate' our 'new' friendship. "Papyrus!" I yelled, however, he couldn't hear me over his excited rambles over his spaghetti and Sana'a attempts at getting him to put him down.

What if we're not in time? What if she finds me?

What is she planning? What is her motives? Why me? Why am I a liar?

So many questions roamed round in my head, swirling like water and oil.
But the one that remained in my head was the most concerning out of all of them.

Are we going to be safe trapped down here? There's no way out, but up once we go down here.

If she escapes, I will protect them at all costs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 486 12
(Complete!) **Warning Darlings~~!** This may contain mature content or serious topics (abuse/depression/violence.) Please be atleast 16+ to read this...
48.1K 1.6K 30
((My first book! The beginning has very bad grammar I do apologize. But it gets better I promise<3)) Mafiafell/Underfell Sans x reader. Y/N just wan...
11.9K 359 34
Frisk has freed the monsters of the Underground. Finally, monster kind is allowed to return to the surface. It's been 3 years since then. Yet the mon...
29.2K 804 22
{COMPLETED} When Frisk climbed Mt. Ebott, she had expected to simply be erased from existence. But instead, she awoke Underground, and found herself...