A F T E R D A R K | PAUL LAH...

By laurenperry9

Sophia and Isabella Swan were polar opposites, fraternal twins with little in common. Born to Renée and Charl... More

C A S T
T W I L I G H T
00
01
02
03
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
N E W | M O O N
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
E C L I P S E
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
B R E A K I N G | D A W N | P A R T 1
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
B R E A K I N G | D A W N | P A R T 2
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
A/N
A/N 2
58 - BC.1
59 - BC.2
60 - BC.3
61 - BC.4
A/N 3
62 - BC.5
Little update
Announcement
Coming soon..
Sequel

04

85.7K 2.1K 953
By laurenperry9

"Sophia c'mon, we're going to be late!" Bella called up to me from the bottom of the stairs.

I fixed my second ear-ring in the mirror and rolled my eyes. It wasn't even quarter to yet and she was freaking about being late. We'd been going to school for a while now, it's acceptable to be late. Especially if it's me.

"Yeah Bel, give me two seconds!" I shouted down.

I probably should've gotten out of bed at a decent time this morning and not ten minutes ago but it was just too warm to pull myself from.

I heard Bella sigh from the bottom of the staircase, "Right well, I'll go start the truck."

"Okay!" I called back and hurried to grab a jacket out of my closet. I shrugged into it quickly, the left sleeve of my long sleeved top rolling up underneath it. I ignored it and ran for my bag that sat open on my bed. I took it by the handle and shoved my foot into one of my converse in the middle of the floor and dropped my bag on to my desk. I fought against the notepad as I tired to push it into my bag, still shoving my foot into my shoe.

When the notepad was in my bag I bent over and pulled my other shoe on, tucking the laces in the side. I ran out of my room and down the stairs and outside where Charlie was just getting into his squad car, heading to work for the day.

"Hey you know we wouldn't have this problem if— oh-oh for god sakes is-is it raining?" I yelled in frustration, looking up to the sky and holding my palms out towards the grey coloured sky.

Charlie laughed at me as I reached for the hood on my jacket and pulled it up, "You were saying?" He asked me with a chuckle.

I sighed as I walked down the steps to the truck, "That Bella and I wouldn't be having this problem if I had my own car."

Charlie nodded his head, "Yeah, maybe if your good I'll get you one for your birthday."

"I'm not eleven dad," I rose my brow, "And it's not my birthday until September."

Charlie nodded while frowning weirdly, "Yeah, yeah.. anyways I was just telling Bels that I won't make dinner tonight. I'm sure she'll fill you in. Have a good day at school, be safe."

"Bye dad." I smiled half heartedly. He closed his door and pulled out of the driveway, leaving Bella and I to it.

"Hey, Sophia come on, get in the truck." Bella urged, already climbing into the drivers seat.

"Huh? Oh, yeah." I stuttered, jogging to the passenger seat and sliding into the truck. She started up the engine and pulled out the driveway and onto the road. Once we'd been going for a minute or so I cleared my throat, "Hey, Bella?"

"Yeah?" She didn't take her eyes off the road as she replied to me.

"Do you think we look alike?"

Bella looked to me fractionally before focusing on the road again, "I mean yeah, we've got the same hair colour."

"My hair is dyed Bel." I told her, "I'm a natural blonde."

"Oh yeah, right," My sister frowned, "But there are such things as fraternal twins, remember?"

"How could I not?" I grumbled, "Dads been drilling the word into my head since I came up with this adoption theory."

Bella looked at me again, "Why, what's brought this on?"

"I-I don't know. I met Jacobs friends the other day and one of them agreed with me that they thought I was adopted."

Bella laughed, "C'mon Soph, if you were adopted I'm sure mom and dad would've told you about it by now."

"Or they're just incredibly guilty and don't want me to find my real parents." I posed. Bella turned to look at me again with a raised brow, "What? I've been reading theories about it." I shrugged nonchalantly, turning and looking back out of the window.

* * *

I walked to Biology with my head down, too consumed in my thoughts of the possibility of me being adopted. I mean, it was impossible. Maybe my dad was right, maybe I was just a fussy kid who didn't like having their photograph taken.

Up until the age of five?

My thoughts were eating my brain space and I was too busy in my head that I didn't even see the person I was walking into. I hit their back with a force that caused them to stumble forwards and me stumble back. The two books I held in my arms went to the floor and I cursed as they fell, "Shit," I bent down to pick them up, not even looking at the person I had walked right into, "I'm sorry, I didn't even see you."

I stood up as the person picked my Biology book up for me. They held it out for me to take with a smile, "It's alright, I'm sure you didn't do it on purpose."

I stood frozen to the floor. My response was caught in my throat, along with my breath as the girl continued to smile at me. I knew her, how could I not? I thought their family was wicked and I had spoken to Angela on numerous occasions regarding them. The one that stood opposite me was Alice Cullen, she had brown cropped hair that was styled into a pixie cut, pale skin like the rest of them, and brown looking doe-eyes.

"N-no, I didn't," I cleared my throat, "I was just too in my head to look where I was going."

She nodded, still smiling, and extended her hand to me, "It's great to finally meet you. I'm Alice, but you already know that." She laughed.

I forced my eyebrows from narrowing at her word choice. Finally? Had she spent the past few weeks examining me like I had her? I had told Angela that I wanted to meet the Cullen's, I found them interesting and I wanted to get to know them. Naturally my eyes fell to them as did everyone else's whenever they appeared.

What also got me was the tone she was speaking to me in. It was like she'd met me before and I was merely an old friend she'd became re-acquainted with after a few years.

I shook her hand, "Sophia Swan, but I have a feeling you already know that."

She just continued to smile before gesturing to the person behind her. I hadn't even realised he was stood there, "This is Jasper Hale."

Jasper only passed me a tight closed mouthed smile, and so I politely returned it, "Nice to meet you."

"You too Sophia."

I pointed my thumb in the direction of where I was to be heading and shrugged my shoulders, "I should probably get going, don't want to be late, but it was nice to meet you — and I'm sorry again for running into you, I really didn't mean it."

"It's fine!" Alice beamed, "I'll see you soon Sophia."

I nodded my head while passing them slowly, "Yeah, catch you both later."

With the weird encounter over, I practically sprinted the rest of the way to Biology. Alice's words were still ringing in my mind, 'It's great to finally meet you,' it confused me how she'd said that before I even told her my name. It was another thing that unnecessarily clogged up my heavy brain.

When I passed through the door to Biology, my eyes widened when I saw Edward sat in his seat next to Bella's. My sister stood in front of me, apparently just as shocked as I. Edward had been a no-show for a while now, almost two weeks I think and now he was back, staring right into the depths of my sisters soul.

I cocked my head to the right and narrowed my eyes distastefully in his direction. I hoped he felt how he made Bella feel under my scrutinising gaze, it really didn't feel nice. There I nudged Bella with my elbow, "So are you going to do it or am I?"

Bella only looked at me with a rare sprout of determination brimming in her irises. She looked back to Edward, who squirmed away and avoided our glares, and walked over to him before sitting down next to him. I dropped my bag on to the table Mike and I shared, slowly pulling my notepad out while making sure Edward caught my death stare I was fixing him with.

To my surprise it was Edward who initiated the conversation first after Bella had sat there awkwardly for some few seconds. They talked briefly before both looking over in my direction. Bella widened her eyes at me in as a silent gesture to most likely scold me for staring at Edward.

"Onion root tip cells," Mr. Molina addressed to us as a class, "That's what's on your slides right now. Miss Swan if you could kindly take a seat unless you plan on standing for the entire lesson?"

I broke away from glaring at Edward and brought my attention to my Biology teacher. I nodded my head, "Uh, yeah, sorry." I grumbled and dropped my bag to the floor and begrudgingly sat down next to Mike.

"Great, thanks." He said to me before directing his attention to the class, "So separate and label them into the phases of Mitosis and the first partners that get it right are gonna win.. the Golden Onion."

Mike nudged my arm, distracting me from drawing on my notepad, "Do you know what Mitosis is?"

I rose a brow at him, "A cell?"

* * *

I walked out of the building by myself with my headphones plugged in. My phone was in my hand where I had an already composed text message to my mom's new cell waiting to be sent. I chewed on my lower lip while reading over the text again,

'Is there any possibility of me being adopted? Don't lie to me mom, I'm being deadly serious.'

There was a strong chance that my mom would phone me tonight, shouting down the phone that there was absolutely no possibility of me being adopted. That she carried both Bella and I for nine months before pushing us out. She'd be upset and she'd be offended, but it was something I had to know. The more I thought about the possibility, the more I reckoned I actually had been adopted from a young age.

I was glad that it was the end of the day because I honestly couldn't be bothered to sit through more lessons. My brain was fried and I'd had enough of learning whilst considering my adoption for one day.

With a loud sigh I stepped on to the road and pressed the send button.

After pressing send I walked with my eyes glued to the phone screen, expecting an immediate response. It was only when I heard a horn blare through my music did I look up from my screen.

A black van with Tyler in the drivers seat was swerving towards me at an unreasonable speed. In a panic I stopped walking, halting dead in my tracks. I didn't know what to do, I was like a deer in the headlights and my body wasn't reacting quickly enough for me to respond. Instead, I just closed my eyes and waited for the van to hit me.

I could've stood there, with my heart beating out of my chest, for a good few minutes waiting for the impact .. but it never came.

I opened my eyes when I heard the van finally crash and found myself no longer standing in the middle of the road. I was now half way across the parking lot, stood on the grass and well out of the way of the van.

The place where Tyler had crashed was sideways into mine and Bella's truck, where I had seen my sister waiting for me not ten seconds ago, just before I closed my eyes.

My eyes widened in horror as I screamed her name while running over to the scene like every other person in the parking lot.

Mike was running towards me as I made my way to the truck. Both of his hands gripped my arms tightly, "Soph, Sophia are you okay?"

I nodded my head as he shook me back and fourth. I was about to force out a reply when Edward jumped over from where the Tyler's van had hit our truck, he nodded his head at me once and left before saying,

"You're welcome."

* * *

A/N,

I'm absolutely overwhelmed by how well this book is doing! Thank you for continuing to read my story guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

519K 14K 38
(UNEDITED TRASH) A Grecian girl is taken from her home in the Mediterranean during a raid in a Christian monestary. She is thrown into dangerous wate...
4.1M 109K 32
A Sterek fiction. When Derek realises that Stiles has become a trigger for him he tries to stay away. He knows that waiting until it passes is the be...
814K 27K 80
❝𝘪 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘢𝘺 𝘮𝘺 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴. 𝙨𝙤 𝙬𝙝𝙮'𝙙 𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 �...
406K 12.4K 34
"𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆, 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒐." ______ OLD VERSION-REMAKE BEGINS AFTER INSATIABLE I...