I Love You, Jerk Face

By clydegirl

Roslyn Kohlepple just discovered something terrible; she is in love with Grady Martin. Now while love might... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 13.5
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
just pictures
Chatper 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - Part 1
Chapter 35-Part 2
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLEY!!
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Dessert

Chatper 1

3.5K 30 11
By clydegirl

My hazel eyes stared back at me as I applied my black eyeliner and mascara, making the color turn a darker shade of grayish green, perfect I thought to myself. I went into my closet to pull on my skinny jeans and a pink v-neck shirt before pulling a hoodie over it. I looked out my window once more to see the fog settling, I knew it was going to be muggy all day, this was after all Texas fall weather. Muggy weather meant that my red unruly hair was going to be extra difficult today, so I grabbed my Yankees cap from the rack on my door to complete my look.

I guess I should take a minute to introduce myself. I am Roslyn Wren Kohlepple, 16 year old junior at Haven High school in Haven, Texas and this is the story of my messed up life, okay well I have a normal life, but some messed up things happened in my seemingly normal life, but that comes later.

Basic info, I have an older brother, Ryder who is a senior this year and 18. My brother is the ultimate man's man, he's tall, muscular, plays football like a god, and has all the girls falling at his feet, plus he's the best big brother ever. My mother is kind of a hippie, which is weird at times, but she's cool, all about not having rules, dad is sort of the same, laid back, unless we get into trouble and then he's a regular hard ass. He owns his own construction company, in fact, he built our house, mom is a writer of travel books, which is weird, but it means that her and my dad travel quite a bit and on holidays Ryder and I get to go.

As far as my social life I hang with my brother and his friends, it's like a testosterone fest and I have a front row seat for all the stupid shit they do and I am like one of the guys, have been since we were younger. I do have girl friends though; I mean I can be girly when I want to be...which is almost never. My best friend is Jacque or some days Jacqueline, once she made me refer to her as goddess divine, but that lasted all of two seconds, we are total opposites which is why I love her. I am a cheerleader, which I know kind of goes against the whole being a tomboy thing, but I love it. Anyway, back to the story of my messed up life.

As I tugged my hat over my unruly hair I heard my brother, Ryder, calling me, "LYN!," he screamed, "If you don't hurry up we are going to be late," I could hear him stomping up the steps to my door before he burst through it.

"Bub," I said turning to look at him, "I'm coming, hold your horses," I smiled as he rolled his eyes at me.

"You know," he said putting his hands on his hips, "this would not happen if you would just wake up when your alarm clock went off."

I turned to look at him, my big brother was just that, big, standing 6 foot 4 muscles bulging pretty much everywhere he was very intimidating, just not to me.

"But then I would miss out on your awesome wake up calls," I smiled, as he shook his head at me.

"Hurry your butt up Lyn," he smiled, "or I'm leaving you here."

I tucked one errant hair back under the cap before grabbing my bag, "I'm ready Bub!" We went down the stairs, walking side by side nudging each other and laughing.

"Did mom make breakfast?" I asked looking up at him.

"Yea," he answered simply, apparently he was not going to elaborate.

"Okay," I smiled as we entered the kitchen to see our mother in her hippie nightgown that swayed at her feet as she ran around the kitchen.

"Morning kids!" she said excitedly.

"Morning mom," we both grumbled before grabbing the muffins on the counter. "Bye mom," we both yelled as we stepped out side.

"Have a great day!" she called.

"Is she aware that we are going to school?" I asked.

"I guess not," my brother said.

"Dude," I heard a voice call from in front of us and I rolled my eyes, it was Grady, my mortal enemy, brother's best friend, neighbor, and hands down the hottest guy in school. Hey I can say that, I am a girl, contrary to popular belief. "Wait for me," he yelled running over to us. I watched him as I put on my sun glasses to hide my prying eyes.

His black hair fell over his piercing blue eyes as me ran towards us. I let myself fantasize for just a moment that he was running towards me, but I shook my head at that stupid thought, he was the school's biggest player, not to mention the biggest jerk on the planet.

"Hurry up," my brother said getting into the car and I moved to get in the front seat.

"Don't even think about it Ros," Grady said, when he reached my side. "Only the hot people get to sit up front," he teased.

"Then why do you get to sit up front?" I shot back, but it was obviously a dumb question, he knew he was hot.

"Because you lie awake thinking about me at night," he smirked, opening the door.

"In your dreams GG," I smirked back and slid into the front seat.

"I mean it Ros," he said, his voice hinting a warning.

"Bub," I pouted, turning towards my brother, "please tell your self absorbed man whore of a friend that it is my turn to sit up front."

"You know pulling the brother card is a total bitch move," Grady said outside the car.

"She does it because it works," my brother smiled, "get your ass in the car Grady, it's her turn to sit up front."

I turned to stick my tongue out at Grady as he slammed the door. "Ha ha," I taunted as he slid into the seat behind me.

"Lyn," my brother said, trying to sound intimidating, but his smile ruined it.

"Yes Bubby," I said leaning into his shoulder and batting my eyelashes.

"Stop tormenting him," he laughed as we pulled out of the driveway.

"He started it," I whined and sat back, putting my seat belt on.

"Did not," Grady said.

"Did too," I returned.

"Did not."

"Did too."

"Did not!."

"DID TOO!"

"Both of you shut up or you are walking to school!" my brother yelled, putting a stop to our petty argument.

"Did not," Grady whispered, but I let it slide just this once.

Ryder turned up the radio to silence us both, but that did not last long because Grady reached between us to change the channel.

"Hey," I said slapping his hand, "I like this song."

"Which is exactly why I am changing it before you start singing," he said turning the radio louder once he finally chose a station, they were playing old rock, eh.

"You don't like my singing?" I asked, pretending to be shocked. I was known to belt out a tune slightly off key, okay mostly off key.

"What was your first clue?" he asked, pushing my seat.

"Stop being a douche," I said, crossing my arms over my chest and pretending to pout.

"Lyn," my brother smiled next to me, "you know your singing sucks," he was close to laughing.

"I know," I continued to pout, "but it's fun and it always makes you laugh," I said looking innocently at him. "I just wanted to make my Bubby laugh," I let my bottom lip slip forward and my eyes went glassy.

"Don't fall for the face man," Grady groaned.

"How can I not?" my brother smiled before turning the radio back.

"I hate you," Grady muttered.

"Hate you too GG," I said over my shoulder before belting out Meatloaf.

"I would do anything for love. I would do anything for love, but I won't do that," I sang as I made dramatic hand gestures with every word.

When the song ended my brother was laughing and I could hear Grady's deep throaty chuckle behind me.

"What no applause?" I said laughing.

"Bravo," my brother bellowed, still laughing while Grady clapped behind me.

"Thank, thank you very much," I said doing my best Elvis impression.

"I love you Lyn," my brother laughed, wiping tears away.

"Awwww," I said, "I love you too Bub," I kissed his cheek as we pulled into the parking lot.

"Where's my kiss?" Grady asked, leaning forwards.

"Why don't you ask Gwen for your kiss?" I said, pointing at her as she walked towards the car, talk about desperate.

"Damn," he said and sunk lower into the seat.

"What GG?" I said turning to look at him, "Tired of her already?" That's a player for you.

"Like two weeks ago," he said rubbing his eyes and I laughed.

"That's what you get for being a man whore," I said steeping out of the car.

"You know Ros," he said following me out, "if you would just admit you love me I would stop being a man whore," he smirked.

"Uh huh," I said nodding my head, "and when I professed this hypothetical love that would suddenly turn you into a good guy?" He nodded still smirking down at me, "For all about 2 seconds," I said smiling up at him. "Don't hold your breath for that confession of love," I said over my shoulder as I moved towards our group in front of the building. I needed to escape those blue eyes of his, they seem to always pierce right through me.

"Don't be like that Ros," he said throwing his arm around me, making Gwen stop dead in her tracks.

"Get the fuck off of me," I said, trying to shrug him off, but he was much stronger than me, so he held tight as Gwen tried to kill me with her eyes. "I hate you," I mumbled.

"Feelings mutual Ros," he whispered as we stopped in front of Gwen.

"I knew something was going on between you two," she said pointing between us.

"There is nothing going on," I tried to say, but Grady squeezed my shoulders.

"Sorry Gwen," he said, "but you are old news, I'm on to bigger and better things," he smiled down at me, trying to make it look like we were now an item, but I was not about to play along with that, so I glared.

"Yea bigger," she spat, "she's like a freaking house," that got my attention.

"Excuse me," I said looking at her now.

"You heard me fatty," she said, but she looked scared and she should be. She's only like 5 foot 4 which is practically a midget compared to my 5 foot 10 stature.

"Just because I don't throw up everything I eat, like you, does not make me fat," I said glaring at her.

"But you are," she taunted, apparently not knowing that I was two seconds from kicking her ass; the only thing stopping me was Grady's heavy arm around my shoulders.

"You might wanna take that back now," I said through clenched teeth.

"Why?" she said crossing her arms and staring me down, "I'm not afraid of you," Grady laughed at that, which gave me an idea.

"Honey," I said looking up at him, "do you think I'm fat?"

"Not at all baby doll," his voice was husky as dropped his arm so it was around my waist. "I think you are perfect."

"Aww thanks babe," I said sweetly, the smile on my face killing me. "See there Gwenny," I said turning back to him, "he doesn't think I am fat."

"That's just because he's fucking you," she spat and I stepped forward, that was too much.

"Who's fucking who?" My brother asked from behind Gwen and she stiffened for just a moment before turning to him.

"Grady is screwing your sister," she whined and tried to hug him, he shrugged her off.

"Is that true?" Ryder asked trying to untangle Gwen from him.

"What do you think Ry?" I asked rolling my eyes at him.

"Right," he looked at Grady's arm around my waist, I had almost forgotten it was there, it felt so natural. "Grady please get your hands off my baby sister before I have to kick your ass in front of everyone," Ryder said sounding bored.

"Bub," he said looking back at Ryder, "if I do that right now, your sister is going to beat the shit out of Gwen," he cupped his free hand around his mouth and tried to whisper, "She called her fat, you know how girls are about that kind of thing."

"Excuse me," I said turning towards him. "I know I am not fat thank you very much," I said struggling to pull away. "I could not care less what that stupid slut has to say about me, so get your slimy paws off of me!" I yelled and he finally let me go.

"Who are you calling a slut?" She asked and I just looked at her, it was pretty obvious to me. "You're the one screwing your brother's best friend and my boyfriend!"

"Can I please hit her?" I asked, looking over her at Ryder who was shaking his head.

"No, Lyn," he sighed, "you'll get in trouble."

"But," I pouted, "she's being mean."

"Get over it bitch," Gwen spat.

"Bubby," I said still not looking at her.

"Okay," he sighed and Gwen's eyes went wide, "just one hit, hurry it up."

"Ryder you can't be serious?" Gwen asked, finally sounding scared, good.

"Oh but he is," I said stepping towards her, but the bell rang and as much as I wanted to hit her, I did not want to be late for my first class. "Damn it," I said running past all of them.

"I knew she was chicken," I heard Gwen say and all thoughts of being late went out the window. I walked up behind her, my brother and Grady watching me and tapped on her shoulder. As soon as she turned around I punched her in the nose, it made my hand hurt, but watching her fall to the ground made it all better.

"Now if you will excuse me," I said looking up at the boys, "I cannot be late to English," I turned and ran back to the building.

"I think you broke her nose Lyn," my brother said as he took his seat next to me at lunch.

"So what?" I grumbled, as I picked the tomatoes out of my chicken salad and putting them on a little plate next to me.

"You're gonna get in trouble," he warned.

"I'll say it was self defense," I shrugged my shoulders as Grady sat down across from us.

"That is going to be hard to prove," he said leaning forward to grab the little plate of tomatoes from my tray, "you don't have a mark on you."

"Right," I thought was he picked off the pepperoni from his pizza and handed them to me. "Could one of you maybe hit me?" I asked popping the pepperoni into my mouth, my brother almost spit out his tea.

"Hell no," he said.

"Come on," I whined and turned to look at Grady, "You would hit me right?" I asked.

"No," he said simply.

"Why not?" I pouted, I know it sounds bizarre that I was asking them to abuse me, but it was the only plan I had.

"Number 1," he said holding up one finger, "I don't hit girls, even though you barely pass for one," he added with a smirk I shot him the finger. "Number 2 your brother would beat the shit out of me and we have a game tonight."

"Some help you guys are," I muttered, stabbing my salad.

"What do you need help with?" Simon asked sitting next to me.

"She wants someone to hit her," my brother sighed.

"Huh?" Simon asked looking confused.

"I hit Gwen this morning," I said.

"I know!" he held up his hand for a fist bump, "I saw, nice job," I smiled as we bumped fists.

"Do not encourage her," my brother said.

"What aren't we encouraging Ros to do today?" Jake asked, taking the seat next to Ryder.

"Let anyone hit her," Simone filled him in.

"Hit who?" Adam asked as he sat down next to his twin, Simon.

"Can we wait and I will tell the whole story after everyone else is here?" I asked, sounding exasperated.

"What story?" Jacque asked, taking the seat next to Grady.

"Wait," I said watching as Robert finally sat down. "Okay now that the gang is all here," I smiled and proceeded to tell the entire story.

"Wow you actually decked her?" Adam asked.

"She was being mean," I fake pouted and they all laughed.

"Oh I love you Ros," Jacque said laughing.

"Love you too Jacque," I laughed with her.

"Okay enough with the love fest," my brother said annoyed, "what they hell are we gonna do to keep you out of trouble?"

"Right," I said pushing my tray away from me and propping my head up with my hands. I opened my mouth to offer the suggestion of hitting me again.

"Don't even say it Roslyn," my brother warned, so I shut my mouth.

"We could put some stage make up on you to make it look like she hit you first," Jacque said taking a sip of her milk.

"You are brilliant!" I said smiling at her.

"I do try," she smiled back.

"Wow Ros with make up on?" Grady said laughing. "That will definitely be something to witness."

"Could you be not a jerk for like two seconds?" I said glaring at him. "It's your fault I'm in this mess."

"How is it my fault?"

"You tried to make her think we were together," I said wincing, "which is disgusting and never gonna happen," I added trying to convince myself.

"Hey," he said holding up his hands, "all I did was put my arm around you and make some comments, she drew her own conclusions," he was smiling at me again.

"You are an ass," I muttered.

"Plus," he pointed at me, "you were the one who called me honey in front of her, it's your own fault."

"Bubby," I said still looking at Grady.

"No you cannot hit him, Lyn," my brother said tiredly. "I wish you guys could go more than two seconds without fighting," his voice made me feel bad.

"Sorry Bub," I said hugging him. "I'll be nicer," I smiled at him.

"No you won't," he smiled back, "but that's why I love you Lyn,' he kissed my forehead.

"Love you too Bubby."

"Awwww," Jacque said, pretending to wipe away tears, "if you're down with your little love fest we have some make up to apply."

"Right," I said getting up and handing the rest of my salad to Grady. "Later guys," I said walking away from the table.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 3.2K 32
Football / Soccer COMPLETED AND BEING EDITED This is how it all started: "I dare you Skye Chance to join the boys Soccer team in disguise as a boy...
99.9K 2.6K 57
Noa Carter, everyone knows her name, she has the money and she has the looks, her parents happen to be the head of school so she has the power. She's...
56.1K 2.9K 83
"Can we stop feeling guilty, Amelia? Guilty for all the things that weren't our fault." "We can Leo. Maybe someday." "That day isn't far off Amelia...
213K 25.7K 70
"This book is the perfect mixture of deep and hilarious. I'm in love with that" - crackhead4ever Teen fiction has given cheerleaders a bad rap. And...