βœ“ what we're made of ━━ newtΒΉ

By MAXMAYFIEHLDS

﹙𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 πŒπ€πƒπ„ πŽπ…οΉšβ”β” ' sometimes you need to run for the hills, before they burn. ' in which... More

WHAT WE'RE MADE OF
EPIGRAPH
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
14
15
16

13

983 41 38
By MAXMAYFIEHLDS

THE WOMAN WASN'T ALONE, "ON YOUR FEET. LET'S GO." They were two, "Let's go! Move!" and neither of them were patient or playing around. "You three! Over here now!" one of the women spoke to Newt, Minho and Thea who made their way to the others. Their yells were muffled through the scarfs which covered their mouths.

The group stood together with the women pointing their guns at them. That's when Thea got a better look at them. One had darker skin and very dark hair which was braided into dreadlocks. The other one had pale skin and light blond hair. The darker woman had dark eyes meanwhile the paler woman had green eyes. Both of their eyes flashed with realisation.

Aris and Thea glanced at one another and then at the women. Thea's eyes widened as she realised that the women were her best friends Sonya and Harriet. It seemed like they also realised who stood in front of them as Harriet questioned, "Thea? Aris?" She let her weapon down as everybody glanced at Thea and Aris now.

"Harriet?" whispered Thea quietly as she pushed forward. "Oh my god, Harriet." realised Aris now. "Sonya?" questioned Thea as she looked at the blond. Harriet raced forward and engulfed the two group b members in a big hug. "My god. What the hell are you two sticks doing here?" Harriet looked at both of them again to make sure that they really were her best friends.

"Sonya." spoke Aris as Sonya too engulfed them in a hug. "Thea, Aris you're lucky we didn't shoot your dumb asses." Meanwhile the others glanced at one another confused wondering what was going on there? "Are you two alright?" Sonya was overly happy to see her best friends alive and kicking.

Tears welled up in Thea's eyes as she hugged both Harriet and Sonya again, "I thought I lost you! But where is Clara?" Thea was confused, where was Clara? Did she even make it? "Clara is safe and sound, trust me." answered Harriet as she grinned at her best friend. "Uh, what's happening?" Minho was as confused as ever.

"We were in the maze together." explained Aris. "We were best friends in the maze, we escaped together until, well.... you know WICKED took them away." added Thea happily, she had her best friends back. Realisation still hasn't sunken in yet, she had them back, finally. They meant so much for her. But Clara was still missing, she wasn't there in the reunion.

Harriet whistled loudly, "We're clear, guys! Come on out!" "We're clear!" echoed throughout the mountains as many different voices answered Harriet's statement. "My god, you're alive." Realisation still hasn't sunken in for Sonya either as she looked at her best friend with a big smile on her face.

The group decided to follow Sonya and Harriet who led them to a certain base. "The Right Arm got us out." explained Harriet along the way. "Wait, wait. The Right Arm? Do you know where they are?" questioned Thomas Harriet who stood at the door of a car. "Hop in." she spoke as she opened the car door for them.

They drove back to the base of the Right Arm. Along the way Sonya looked at Thea's hand, "What happened to your hand Thea? You said you would watch out after what had happened!" Sonya pointed with her finger accusingly at Thea who slowly got nervous, she herself wasn't even sure how it happened.

"I don't know what happened. We were running from cranks and suddenly my hand ached a lot." the blond girl tried to explain herself. Aris looked just as confused as the others who were listening to the conversation. "When we arrive, we will send you to a doctor immediatly, no discussion." ordered the pale girl. Sonyas' words were the last ones to be spoken during the ride.

Finally, the group arrived at the base of the Right Arm which was absolutely fascinating. It was very enormous. They all left the cars in which they arrived and walked into the base. "They've been planning this for over a year now. This is all for us." explained Harriet as she led the group. "You guys are lucky you found us when you did. We're moving out of here at first light." added Sonya.

"Where's Vince?" "Somewhere over there, I think." Sonya's question was luckily answered. Vince? Thea's eyebrows furrowed together at the name, she didn't know a Vince. "Who's Vince?" inquired Thomas with confusion laced in his voice. "He's the one who decided if you get to stay." replied Sonya. What if they weren't allowed to stay? Would they have to leave their friends?

"I thought the right arm was supposed to be an army?" stated Minho as he walked behind Harriet. "Yeah, we were." a man with blond hair which was very long and a messy beard spoke up. His clothes were quite dirty and torn but he didn't mind that. "This is all that's left of us. Lot of good people died getting us this far. Who are they?"

"It cost us so much but sometimes we think it was worth it but sometimes not." spoke up another voice. It was feminine and sounded familiar to Thea and Aris. The former turned her head to the direction from where the voice came from and was met with a sight which got her emotions stirred up again.

A girl with auburn hair which fell down her sides and hazel eyes stared back at Thea. In realisation, their faces lit up with bright smiles. "Clara!" Thea sprinted towards the girl called Clara and hugged her tightly. The auburn haired girl did the same as she exclaimed, "Thea!" The two girls departed with tears in their eyes.

"Clara?" Aris' eyebrows furrowed together as he stared at the girl who just arrived. "Aris." the latter rushed towards the just named boy and also engulfed him in a big hug. "Whose that?" quizzed Frypan who stood there confused. "That's Clara, one of our best friends." explained Harriet who smiled at the reunion as she knew how good friends Clara and Thea were.

"Those Vince are immunes. And two of them are our best friends." pointed Harriet out to answer the man's - or Vince's - question. "Caught 'em coming up the mountain." "Did you check 'em?" was Vince's immediate question after Harriet finished with her explanation. "I know this guy Aris and the girl besides him is Thea. I trust them."

Vince wasn't very convinced by Harriets' statement. "Well, I don't. Check 'em." A fewer men looked at the group cautiously, "Hey boss..." started a man until he got interrupted by Brenda who gasped loudly and dropped down onto the floor. "Brenda! Brenda!" Jorge went immediatly towards her and tried to help her up.

"What's going on?" asked Vince as he saw what kind of commotion Brenda created. Jorge tried to help Brenda up - who still gasped loudly. "Brenda, talk to me." That's when Thea realised something, Brenda looked quite sickly after she had woken up and Thea questioned her about it. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." gasped Brenda as she tried to catch her breath.

"What's going on with her?" interrogated Vince as he came closer to Brenda. "I don't know. Brenda, are you alright?" Jorge sounded very worried for his best friend, none of them knew what Brenda had and why all of a sudden she was sick. "Brenda? Talk to me."

Vince pulled down part of Brenda's sock revealing a bite mark. It was covered in blue and purple veins and loads of blood, it reminded Thea of the scratch-marks which Winston had. "Crank! We got a crank!" boomed Vince as he pulled out a gun and pointed it at Brenda. "No! No!" both Jorge and Thomas came to Brenda's defense.

"Step back!" ordered Vince which was drowned out by Thomas yelling, "Listen, okay?" "This just happened, okay? She's not dangerous yet." argued the brunette boy.

"You shouldn't have brought her here! We let cranks in here now, the safe haven doesn't last a week! So step back!"

"I understand, okay? I understand. Just listen. Please. Please, okay? I told her that you could help. Okay? No. There's got to be something you can do."

"Yeah, there is." explained Vince as he pulled up his gun again. "I can put her out of her misery." "No! No!" yelled Jorge who got restrained but two men. "Vince, that's enough! Let him go." ordered a woman with brown hair, she looked friendly. "Let him go!" "She's infected, Doc." argued Vince with the woman. "There's nothing we can do for her."

"No, but he can." the woman had a slight smile on her face as she looked at Thomas. "Hello, Thomas." she spoke leaving Thomas and the others confused again. "W-what? You know me?" "Interesting." The 'Doc' didn't answer Thomas' question, she rather commented his last statement. "It makes sense that they'd put you in the maze. Though I must admit... I was worried they'd kill you after what you did."

"What I d-did?" stammered the brunette boy in question. "The first time we spoke, you said you couldn't take it anymore... watching your friends die, one by one. The last time we spoke... YOu gave me the coordinates of every WICKED compound, trial and lab." explained the woman as she inspected Brenda. "He was our source." stated Vince with disbelief in his voice.

"We couldn't have pulled all of this off without him. Take her to the tent."

-----

Sonya, Harriet, Clara, Aris and Thea finally reunited, I was so happy to write this. Clara is not a character I created, she is a character created by TheFangirlGlader and she is part of her story 'Limerence', she allowed me to put her character into my story because we chatted and discovered that our characters could be cute best friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.7K 1.3K 30
π™‚π˜Όπ™ˆπ™€ π™Šπ™ π™Žπ™π™π™‘π™„π™‘π˜Όπ™‡ ❜ ❫ ─── ❝ 𝙬𝙝𝙀'𝙨 π™žπ™£ π™©π™π™š 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙙𝙀𝙬𝙨 ❞ ' 𝘱𝘩𝘒𝘴𝘦 𝘡𝘸𝘰 𝘰𝘧 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘡𝘳π˜ͺ𝘒𝘭𝘴 . . . 𝘯𝘰𝘸...
10.8K 329 66
The more Ash remembers, the more she pushes people away. Having friends is dangerous. Being close to Newt? Unfathomably risky. She has to choose betw...
182K 4K 31
Everything in the Glade changed when a girl came up in the box, but instead of complying, she ran. Ran as fast as she could... Little did she know th...
121K 2.6K 30
she began her new life completely alone, surrounded by endless stone walls, pounding voices in her head, and a resounding feeling of hollowness insid...