~Weird~ Connor Murphy x Rea...

By jxllycee

Unlike the majority of weird things that happened to me, I'm glad you happened, because I was able to find so... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
FIFTY-EIGHT
FIFTY-NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY-ONE
SIXTY-TWO
SIXTY-THREE
SIXTY-FOUR
SIXTY-FIVE
SIXTY-SIX
SIXTY-SEVEN
SIXTY-EIGHT
SIXTY-NINE
SEVENTY
thank you

FIFTY-TWO

2.8K 75 163
By jxllycee

Connor

Lord knows what Y/N and Zoe would've thought if they saw me and Evan struggling to kill a small group of cockroaches.

I just hoped that they would come back with that bug spray quick.

Evan stood up and sighed, "I- do you guys have like, uhm, a clear container or anything? We can just trap them under there I guess, y'know, until they come back."

Without giving his suggestion a second thought, I ordered him to stay and watch the cockroaches because two of them have already gone missing. I dug through every cabinet and drawer in the kitchen to find some kind of plastic container.

To be completely honest, I never thought I'd be screaming "KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE MOTHERFUCKING ROACHES!" At my sister's boyfriend. Then again, neither of us would've thought about killing bugs with each other.

But his expression was priceless, though!

With the small and clear plastic container in my hand, I slammed the opening over the bugs, trapping them. I remember my mom or dad trapping spiders with a bowl in my room or Zoe's while we both cowered in the corner.

It was a small stupid action that probably didn't affect anything at all, but I was proud.

"I guess we're adults now.." Evan laughed nervously. "We're trapping cockroaches and stuff."

I could tell he probably didn't have anything else to say, but I for sure didn't. All we wanted was the bug spray.

Evan held out his hand and allowed me to grab it, pulling me up and looking back at the trapped bugs. He had a guilty look in his face.

"What's next? Are we're gonna start planning our own doctor's appointments?" I chuckled sarcastically as I brushed myself off. The thought seemed to terrify Evan.

Now the living room was a little bit more of a mess, our shoes were everywhere and the table was moved again.

I scratched the back of my head. "Right, cross that off the bucket list."

"What?" Evan asked, stuffing his hands in his pajama pockets as he looked up at me.

"Trying to kill cockroaches in a summer house, duh. What else?"

"Well, we didn't necessarily "kill" them because they're still-"

There was an audible click in the front door and with a sharp creak, it swung open. There, Zoe entered the house followed by Y/N. All four of us made eye contact and their chatter immediately came to a halt.

Y/N's eyes lowered down to the carpet where the clear container stood and covered the cockroaches. "WHAT THE-"

I quickly held out my hand. "The spray."

"C-Connor-" Y/N began.

"The spray."

My sister reached into one of the bags and dug out a tall, white container that had the label screaming "BUG SPRAY" or some shit. I turned it over in my hands.

The roaches didn't stand a chance.

As she whipped her phone out and quickly typed something in, Y/N, with a trace of anxiety in her voice, asked, "Why didn't you look up how to get rid of cockroaches?" She scrolled down more, "It says to use boric acid and sugar to lure and kill them."

Sighing as I listened to her while reading the instructions, I replied quietly with. "We panicked."

"You what?" Zoe set her stuff down and helped with Y/N's.

She had the kind of smirk on her face specifically directed towards me, and it basically said 'I know what you said, you just need to say it louder so everyone across the globe can know.'

"I said we panicked!" I snapped my head towards Zoe as she threw her hands up like she was surrendering. The look was still on her face, though. "You would've too if you saw them! Wanna take a look, Zo!? They're right on your new guitar case!"

They weren't, obviously, but I knew Zoe was still somewhat gullible. Her hair bounced on her shoulders as she frantically ran to where we were standing. She gave me a glare when she realized they weren't on her case.

"You're an asshole," she muttered, marching back to the kitchen.

"Right back at you."

Evan still kept on eye on the cockroaches. "Guys- We, uh, we should probably get rid of the- these bugs..."

•••

After eating the lunch Y/N and Zoe brought outside, we decided to prepare a bonfire and make s'mores for our desert. I entered the kitchen from the backyard. Y/N stood near the cleaned up counter, looking at packs of graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows and staring off into space.

"Did you know Evan has like, never had a s'more?"

Quickly, she blinked and snapped out of her daydream. The thoughtful expression on her face faded. "Never?"

"Never!"

"Well, he's in for a treat then."

"Was that a pun?"

"Well good thing we got all these stuff, we're not letting it go to waste." She stuffed her hands in her pockets as she chuckled, purposely ignoring my question with a smirk. "The town's pretty cute. Zoe and I were about to take a walk, but then she told me about an old railroad track near this house apparently." Her tone was weirdly on edge but I couldn't blame her. The town was nice and plain, but there were some dumb ass and even sketchy people that roamed the streets.

I nodded. The track was abandoned, obviously, but some people usually went there just for photoshoots or college kids when there to get high or drunk. Maybe both.
Still, I would never try to interact with them. It's not that they were scary, they just weren't my type of people, regardless if they liked to get high or not.

"We might go there." I shrugged. "It's summer, so some people might be there."

"HEY!" Zoe called from outside. The fire was already crackling satisfyingly. "You guys should get your pants back on and make some s'mores with us!"

I rolled my eyes as I clenched my jaw. Y/N covered half her face but snorted and laughed lightly. "Holy shit..." she breathed out, making eye contact with me. She looked flushed, and I found it both hilarious and adorable.

"Lately I've been joking about her and Evan in the same way, so I guess we're even," I explained, still rolling my eyes.

"Wow," Y/N gathered some of the supplies in her hand. "Connor Murphy playing nice? That's a concept!"

She cracked up as I lightly punched her shoulder. "Oh shush!"

•••

We were lucky our house wasn't part of a neighborhood. If it was, every neighbor would hate us, especially since we were a bunch of annoying 17-18-year-olds. Evan was about to have his first s'more and we were way too excited about it.

"Hurry up and blow it, dude!" Zoe laughed as Evan, slightly panicking, held his roasting stick with a fiery marshmallow at the end. Y/N and I sat back and enjoyed probably our 3rd s'more. We probably had more, but neither of us bothered to count. Why would we?

My girlfriend held back a laugh. "That's what she said."

"Y/N!"

Evan frantically blew it out. One side of his marshmallow was charcoal black, but part of the other side was a light golden brown.

"It'll be fine, just put it on a cracker and put a shit ton of chocolate on it," I told him as he nodded. He did just that with the help of Zoe and took a bite.

An anticipating silence filled the atmosphere with the dramatic cracking of the fire. Melted chocolate and marshmallows were stuck to everyone's chin and upper lip now. Evan looked up as we tilted our heads.

"So?" Y/N asked.

A small chuckle was let out from his s'more filled mouth as he held up a thumbs up.

Then he said, "It's kinda sweet."

"Because there's too much chocolate." Y/N said, tossing another marshmallow into her mouth.

I cocked an eyebrow at her as she giggled. "Are you really gonna have a s'more debate with me?"

"I mean, I wouldn't say no." She shrugged, but I could see a small smirk on her face.

And so the night progressed with all four of us giving our opinions on s'mores. Eventually, that turned into a heated argument about other deserts. I also decided to be a little nice and not tell them about the time Zoe poured the milk before the cereal.

Suddenly standing up, Y/N, nearly dropping her s'more, turned to me. "Wait," she held up a finger. A couple of seconds later, as if on cue, there was a clap of thunder.

A/N: i hope you guys realize some parts of this were dramatized on purpose lol

if ya want, you can comment your opinion on s'mores and how you guys make them (if you like them)

hope you enjoyed this long (ish) chapter :D thanks for being patient too!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 201 15
You had always been bold. Never afraid of a challenge. Giving zero shits about anything. Your best friend, Evan, on the other hand.. (cover by jeremb...
13.4K 429 44
HIGHEST RANKS: #1 in BEMORECHILL #1 in DEAREVANHANSEN WARNING: This book is really outdated and cringe. It was my first story on Wattpad, however...
666 70 23
What if Connor Murphy lived, and things between him and Evan had played out differently? My take on TreeBros. I know this AU has been done a LOT, but...
5.8K 206 11
Connor has been waving through a window his whole life. Finally, when it was least expected, someone waves back - I've written 2 other Connor fanfics...