Hero Journals: Book Two

By Applesstorys

Titania, Lauren, Melanie, and Danielle are back. After what happened to them at the Mall in D.C. the group di... More

An Unexpected Visit
Trouble
The Meeting
I become a Natural Disaster
A Clue
Project Meta G.
H.A.D labs gets Busted
The Alchemist
The Newbie

The Red-headed Lady

6 0 0
By Applesstorys

The last thing I needed today was a crazy red-headed maniac chasing after me. Sorry getting ahead of myself anyway this is Titania by the way. Let's back up a little bit before Melanie ditched gym class. (She just said no but she so did.) Where I was in Chemistry class.

I was still trying to rap my head around what Connor , Superboy, had told me last night. I of course knew that Lauren would be told I mean they still dated after they left the team. Yeah I said they I didn't fully leave yet. I'll get more on that later. I had had some of my powers still but to get my powers back to normal? That was surprising. They said that they would work on it but I kinda started to dught them about that. They had told me when I would visit that it was a work in progress which told me zip about it.

It had been a long day because I was still trying to convince people that Lex Luther would be a bad President. Time was running out before the final votes would be in.  Anyway I was mixing chemicals for a lab I was good when we had water that we could use. Anyway we had to let it dry so I was talking with other students. Just trying to pass the time.

"Did you hear about what is happening in Markovia?" a boy asked

"About kids getting abducted?" I asked

"Yeah. what do you think Meta-human trafficking means?" a girl replied.

I turned back to my work to see if it was done. The last thing I wanted to talk about was that. I knew what it was but the last thing I wanted to talk about. One because it was a heart breaking subject. Two, if i told them what it was about they would get supsius and then know that I was at one point in time a hero. It still wasn't dry. They how ever still wanted my opinion about it and wouldn't stop bugging me.

"Come on just make a guess."

"We wont judge." the girl promised.

"Yeah it can't be that stupid."

I let out a sigh. Why do people have to be so persistant. "I said I didn't want to talk about it okay. Please just leave it at that."

"Okay, why is it so personal to you?" the boy replied. The girl next to him glared at him.

"Who said it was personal?" I asked.

"If you would just answer we-"

Before he could finish off a gust of wind happened. Now you might think okay the window was opened and the wind just picked up. First off the room windows can't open. Second, I was feeling angry at the moment so I knew that it was my powers coming back. I just stood there stunned. So did my fellow classmates. I quickly excused myself from the class and then left the room. I headed to the bathroom that we had meet at before the others lost their powers.

I walked into the bathroom and as I expected Lauren and Danielle were in there as well. They were talking when I had entered. "Your powers?" Danielle asked when she saw me.

"Are back to normal."

"I'm sorry what?" Lauren asked.

I let out a sigh. It was time to come clean. "I never real lost all of my powers. I always had some left. Like a rement of it. Never at full strength."

"Why didn't you tell us until now?" Danielle asked.

"I didn't want to make you feel bad about not being superheros."

"When Robin took you away after the fight," Lauren replied, "it was about that wasn't it?"

I noded. I was about to tell more when Melanie came running into the room. She was in her gym clothes and was panting. She leaned against a pillar. "Everything okay?" I asked.

"I just had to flee my gym class from my substitute teacher." She panted.

"So your powers-"

"Are back." She replied and then she closed her eyes and then ice started to cover the pillar. She opened them again. "See?"

"How did you guys get yours?" I asked.

"You explain yours first." Danielle replied.

After explaining what happened to me Melanie nodded. She then when right into her story about what had happened. When she told about the substitute teacher not being noticed by others. That got me inserted. There were rummers among some of the heroes about there being people with magic powers but I never believed them or considered it to be true. Until today.

"I guess I should explain my story now." Lauren said.

We nodded and she was about to speak when a person spoke. "Well well well what do we have here?"

I turned around and faced her. It was a woman that I hadn't seen before. Red hair and whereing a gym outfit. Melanie's face had gone pale. I looked at Lauren trying to tell her to link us up.

"You can try." the woman said "but you will fail."

"Get out of my head!"

She stumbled back. Almost like she had gotten hit with multiple screams. She might have if she had entered each of our thoughts. I looked around the bathroom. We were surrounded by water. I smiled. I raised my hand up and water came out of pipes. it was all coming to me and then I sent it to the woman. It got her hard and good. she was on the hard bathroom floor. "Run."

We raced out of there as fast as we could hopping to get away from her. We couldn't endanger other students when she would follow us so we did the logical thing. We left the school. Yeah call us ditchers but when your ruining away it dosen't really count. We had just made it out of school when she was in front of us.

"Leaving school?" she asked. "I should put you in detention."

"Oh please your not a substitute teacher." Melanie said. "So who are you?"

"I'm your worst nightmare." she replied.

"Yeah my nightmare is not someone that looks like you and can enter others minds. " I said.

"That's not all you can do. Allow me to demonstrate."

I jumped out of the way of her first blast of energy. Lauren shielded herself from the attack. Danielle leaped out of the way like a cat. Melanie nearly got hit. Lauren was focusing hard as the rest of us was dodging. You would thing people would here the noise and come and see what it was. Nope. Boom. There went the doors.

"Hello guys can you hear me?" Lauren asked telepathically.

"Yeah I can hear you Moonfire." I replied.

"So what's the plan Seaspray?" Danielle asked.

"We flee as fast as we can. Try to get her away from the school."

"I think she has some magic as well." Melanie said.

"Okay.... you guys in or not?"

"We're in Seaspray."

Lauren let her protective bubble go and then flew off. Melanie started to skate on ice. I grabbed Danielle and we flew as fast as I could. I didn't look back to see if the lady was following us. I was focused on getting out of there. If we lost her great. If not okay then. I wasn't sure what to expect from her. I had never met her before when I was fighting heroes. Finally I saw an empty field. "Lets land there" I said pointing to the field.

"All right." Lauren replied who was by my side.

I dove in to the ground. Danielle was kinda heavy and was slipping out of my grasp. I tried to hold on as long as I could. When we were about five feet from the ground i dropped her. She landed on the ground and then I stood beside her. Lauren gently landed on the ground next to me and was looking around. Melanie wasn't with us. I looked back to see if she was there.

"Melanie? You okay?"

I got no reply from her. I looked at Lauren. "I can't reach her."

Suddenly the red-hair lady appeared in front of us. She smiled gleefully until she saw that there was only three of us. "Where is she?" She growled.

"Doesn't matter. Let's fight." Danielle said.

"Of course. If that is what you want."

I launched into the air. I crossed my arms and then put them at my side fast. Wind blew at her direction hard and fast. It blew her back but not to much. Then she muttered something that I didn't hear. Then her eyes glowed red and she flew into the air. She smiled which looked creepy with those red eyes. "You can't stop me." a voice that wasn't hers said.

"We shall see." Lauren replied.

"Fools!" the voice said. "You shall only be the first. Your fellow members of the League shall parish."

I stood there shocked. What could she have meant by that. But I didn't have time to wonder what she meant. She attacked me with a blast of red energy. I dogged it and went after her. She shot more at me and Lauren. I dogged and she deflected them. I was trying to get close but I couldn't. Lauren wasn't having much luck either.

"Guys Try to make her come back down so I can help!" Danielle said telepathically.

"Sorry." I apologized.

I dove to the ground. Lauren followed my led. I landed by Danielle's right and Lauren was on the left. The women was smiling. I wondered why.

"I guess I have the high ground now." She laughed.

"Um your in the air not on the ground." I said.

"You know what I mean."

She launched another energy blast.  I dogged it an flew up words towards her. Lauren blocked the two of them with a shield. I keeped getting closer but then would have to dogged each time. I finally got to her level. I then threw some water at her energy which caused an explosion. It sent both of us back in the air almost to the ground. I managed to get control of my speed and flew up. That's when I saw Melanie.

"Melanie your ice."

She nodded. And blasted her with Ice. The Lady freaking broke the ice about the time it takes to snap your fingers. I didn't have time two wonder how I just attacked and so did the others. Yet still no one came to see what the noise was. Almost like they had been bewitched. I didn't have time to dwell on it though. We kept on going on. Finally she stood there standing there looking horrible and painting. She tilted her head to the side.

"What but I can finish this." she said to herself.

She stood there and then nodded. "Alright if you say so." She turned to us. "So long."

She then disappeared into a cloud of smoke and then there was nothing. "Umm guys." Lauren said. She then pointed behind me.

I turned to see who it was. It was Batgirl and Lagonboy. They ran over to us. Batgirl was the first to get there. I didn't know who was more shocked. Us or them. When they finaly caught their breath. Batgirl stated to talk.

"So your powers are back."

We nodded. Danielle was about to say something then thought better about it.

"Who was that?" She asked. "I never seen her before."

"No idea." Melanie replied. "She was subbing in my gym class that's all I know."

"Oh no," Batgirl replied, "this means that she knows who you are then. It won't take long before she finds out about the rest of you."

Something was being said in there coms. She nodded then said, "Alright. Moonfire, Seaspray, Snow, and Pantha are back. Should we take them back with us?"

She nodded then turned to us. "Okay follow us."

"Recoinized Batgirl 1-0-3, Lagonboy 1-0-5, Seaspray 2-0-6, Moonfire 2-0-4, Snow 2-0-5, Pantha 2-0-7."

None of the normal people were there. There were only a few people left. I looked around. Wonder girl was sitting on the couch. Beast Boy was grabbing some food. Bummblebee was talking with her boyfriend Guardian. "What happened to everyone?" I asked.

"They have missions of there own." Batgirl replied.

"Where is Violet?" Lauren asked. "Is she still on her mission?"

"Follow me. " She said, "La'ggon inform the others about our mission. Stop to where we went to them. I want to be there to discuss it with the others."

She led us to the Medical bay which was the normal place for heroes that got hurt. That didn't make me feel any better about it. When we got into the room I could see a girl with purple hair and purple top and pants with black high healed boots and white gloves. She was on a bed curled up and shivering.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked.

"We're not sure," Batgirl replied, "We think she may be sick but from what we don't know."

"How did she get that way?" Lauren asked.

"She had it when she came back from her mission a few hours ago. Nothing has changed. It's only gotten worse."

"May I see her?" Melanie asked. She had been staring at Violet the whole time.

"I guess. Don't know what you can find that we haven't." She replied. "Meet us back at where we normally meet." With that she walked away from us.

"You sure about this Melanie?" Lauren asked. "What if you get it as well?"

"There's no harm in trying." she replied.

She walked over and examined her carefully. She hovered over her face for so long that I was beginning to get nervous. Then she started looking at an arm. Then she walked back over to us.

"So?" Danielle asked, "What did you find?"

"I found something but I'll tell you when we meet the others." she replied.

"Well then let's get going shall we." I said.

As we walked away I cast one look back at Violet wishing that she can get better. As we walked away I kept on wondering who the red-headed lady was and what, if they knew anything, know about her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150 14 20
In a world full of good and evil, how will these young people react to the introduction of elemental powers suddenly cropping up across the world? Ho...
4.3K 95 21
*Hey guys this is my first time writing. All critiques are welcome! Please comment any suggestions so I can get better! Thanks for reading.* Ari has...
29.9K 963 8
Disclaimer: I wrote this novel before the movie Lucy came out it is in no way related but the premise of the brain and the powers eerily similar It...
8.9K 599 32
My name is Violet Devereux and I am a superhero. Okay, not technically a superhero because I can't fly, or shoot lasers from my eyes. I am a perfectl...