Taking cover

By Battle_Penguin54

"I'm telling you! She died in a fire 7 years ago!" I boomed and raised my hands up in the air. He was sitting... More

CHAPTER 1: Missing
CHAPTER 2: My Life
CHAPTER 3: Unexpected Stranger
CHAPTER 4: The boss
CHAPTER 5: Mission
CHAPTER 6: Control
CHAPTER 7: Late
CHAPTER 8: False Information
CHAPTER 9: Close one
CHAPTER 10: A worthy Opponent
CHAPTER 11: Task
CHAPTER 12: Lock n' load
CHAPTER 13: The Plan
CHAPTER 14: A completely Normal Stakeout
CHAPTER 15: Hospital
CHAPTER 16: Screw Up
CHAPTER 17: Search
CHAPTER 18: Wounded
CHAPTER 19: Is this even qualified as an interrogation?
CHAPTER 20: Be Nice
CHAPTER 21: I'm here to help
CHAPTER 22: Thinking
CHAPTER 23: Suspicious
CHAPTER 24: Taking Action
CHAPTER 25: The Lab
CHAPTER 26: Apprehending the Traitor
CHAPTER 27: Bad Day
CHAPTER 28: Memory loss
CHAPTER 29: Quarters
CHAPTER 30: Are you sure its just a dream?
CHAPTER 31: Behind You
CHAPTER 32: Surprise!
CHAPTER 33: Freedom
CHAPTER 34: 6 Days
CHAPTER 35: DAY ONE
CHAPTER 36: Cut Short
CHAPTER 37: Back home?
CHAPTER 38: The Plan
CHAPTER 39: Just Acting
CHAPTER 40: Rescue
Chapter 41: Your Soul
CHAPTER 42: Do you Rememeber?
CHAPTER 43: The Greatest Friends!
CHAPTER 44: Nothing
CHAPTER 45: Forwards
CHAPTER 46: "Check Up"
CHAPTER 47: Number eight
CHAPTER 48: Frisk's Condition
CHAPTER 49: His Weakness
CHAPTER 50: The Riddle
CHAPTER 51: An awkward morning
CHAPTER 52: Her lastname
CHAPTER 53: New Clothes
CHAPTER 54: Expensive doors
CHAPTER 55: The Machine
CHAPTER 56: A creature lurking
CHAPTER 57: Still with me
CHAPTER 58: Frisk
CHAPTER 59: She ran
CHAPTER 60: The Voicemail
CHAPTER 61: Hate
CHAPTER 62: Frisk? Or 'Frisk'?
CHAPTER 63: The Liar
CHAPTER 64: Complicated
CHAPTER 65: Confusion
CHAPTER 66: It always has been
CHAPTER 67: Rest, then Work
CHAPTER 69: Sans' Fear
CHAPTER 70: To protect
CHAPTER 71: He hates it
CHAPTER 72: Where's Papyrus?
CHAPTER 73: Scared
CHAPTER 74: Orange Maple Syrup
CHAPTER 75: This Title is LIT
CHAPTER 76: Right here
CHAPTER 77: Title number 77
CHAPTER 78: Are you guys even reading these?
CHAPTER 79: this isnt the end
CHAPTER 80: The first fall
CHAPTER 81: He won't get better
CHAPTER 82: Her only desire
CHAPTER 83: Can you seperate reality from imagination?
CHAPTER 84: DICE
CHAPTER 85: Lets talk.. not really
CHAPTER 86: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
CHAPTER 87: the last time
CHAPTER 88: Its not their fault
CHAPTER 89: Gone
CHAPTER 90: Gullible
CHAPTER 91: And so would you
CHAPTER 92: Chara is there
CHAPTER 93: Hostage situation
CHAPTER 94: Frisk
CHAPTER 95: A Tained Soul
CHAPTER 96: Losing her
CHAPTER 97: Love
CHAPTER 98: Together!
CHAPTER 99: Off the Radar
CHAPTER 100: Taking Cover

CHAPTER 68: Friends

1.6K 73 294
By Battle_Penguin54

nightmarionette7 just couldn't wait for the next chapter XD
I'm so glad to have followers like y'all. There has been.. a person on Wattpad that joined solely for the destructive comments towards Frans writers... including my book. Telling people to kill themselves, and burn their books. 

To everyone who defended me, thank you. And I'm sure there will be more in the future is they ever see his comment on Chapter 1.

^^im not hurt, but it pisses me off, ya know? With those of you who have been following my book for a while, you know I don't take suicide as a joke.

Thanks for listening to this tiny PSA
——

Sans POV:

"You okay, toots?" I asked Frisk as I hurried her out the door of the large building and towards the outside. I squinted at the very sudden light change.

The Autumn afternoon was cool and sunny. Despite the sun shining brightly down upon Mt. Ebott today, the slight breeze and cold air kept it at a reasonable temperature.
The leaves we're starting to change colors, the Hotland monsters are about to have to stay indoors pretty soon.

That's so... weird! How did she know it was Frisk? There has to be more of a connection than we thought.

"I'm okay." She said rather quietly. Her hands were down to her sides and her eyes were locked to the ground in a state of ponder. "Why wouldn't I be? She saw me through the glass. It's nothing serious." She said, letting out a nervous laugh.

Sometimes I forget how much she really doesn't know about the Mafia. Even if she was here as a kid, it was only for a short while.

Plus, those cells are fairly new, she is right about it being glass, but it's the type of glass she doesn't know.

"Well-" I tried to refute her misunderstanding as we walked down the sidewalk. But the more I thought about it, she really understood her connection with Chara just as much as I did, and it would probably just do more harm than good. She could become paranoid or scared of her location being known to this demon. "Yeah, it was just creepy the way she lunged at the window and slammed her hands into the... glass." I said, feeling slightly guilty for lying, but it was for...

For her.
I guess that connection we had so long ago is still there. At least, in the soul.

It's weird. I can defiantly feel it in my soul the more I think about it. Maybe I'll be able to remember the lost memories the more I think on it.

"Yeah it kinda scared me a bit, but it also made me slightly curious." She said, as we rounded a block and saw the dorm building down the street.

"How so?" I asked, asking myself how in Asgore it made her curious. Curious about what? Chara? Her insanity? "I can see scared of her, that laughter of hers is kinda terrifying." I laughed, trying to lighten the mood.
Sometimes I truly couldn't understand her if someone were to give me a million dollars in cash.

"It makes me wonder what her fascination towards me is about. Calling me a liar, wanting me by her side.." she rambled aloud, letting her kind work it's gears. "It just doesn't make any sense to me. I couldn't contact her like other split personality cases, it just went dark and time stopped for me until others told me what I did." She said.

"You've already played your part. Hers has yet to come."  Her voice echoed in me head along with that insanity for laughter.
I resisted telling her about the conversation, and it really let me know how many secrets I've kept today.

That laughter. I've heard it before. Maybe that's why it's scares me. Something about it is so familiar.

"Maybe she wants to be your wife." I chuckled, earning a slap on the shoulder playfully by Frisk as we reached the dorms. "I'm joking! I'm joking!" I laughed, bracing for another playful slap before she lowered her hand with a small giggle. "But seriously," I said, "I don't know what's up with her, you'd think she wanted to get as far away from you as possible because you've been bound together all these years.." I said, starting to ramble myself. "Maybe she has attachment issues?"

I got another playful hit on the arm by Frisk and a slight laugh from her. "Take this seriously bonehead!" She smiled, shaking her head.

Bonehead? Another nickname? Oh well, it's not as ominous as 'comedian', the one Chara chose for me.
It's only fair, I rarely use her own name, now that I think about it.

Actually, I never use anyone's real names anymore.
Al, fishface, Bro or Pap, Toots, Tori, Toaster.
I must just be that lazy.

I smiled back, "okay! Okay." I chuckled, putting my hands in my pockets. "In all seriousness, maybe that could be a factor. Wherever her soul came from, she has been apart of you all these years and maybe it scares her." I said. "But then again, it doesn't make much sense because she called you a liar. If you all someone a liar, you're normally angry with them." I said, feeling slightly guilty. "Normally people want to stay away from liars." I mumbled, making myself feel worse and worse by the minute.

I should stop talking.

"Maybe. But I've never talked to her until today. I haven't lied today, that I know of." She laughed, making a joke about her memory troubles. I didn't laugh.

This makes no sense at all. And that black liquid, it makes me wonder if she is any human at all?
Or maybe her soul trait changed, creating the new trait from another soul color. That could certainly be a solution, but that's unheard of...

I hate the fact that she was so confusing. I'll figure it out eventually. I just need to be patient.

"It's yet another riddle to decipher." I said aloud as we walked inside the building and the warm air greeted us happily.

"You can say that again." She said as she stepped in behind me.

"Heya." I waved towards the receptionist. "Going to my apartment." I said, pointing to Frisk, not looking behind me.

"Sans! Good afternoon." She said, typing away at her computer. "Oh! I must have not signed you out when you arrived earlier today." She said, my breathing hitched slightly. "In fact, I don't think I saw you exit the building." She said, narrowing her eyes.

This is why I don't use my magic. This and the reason I might die. Probably reason number two the most.

"Uh, you sure? Were you just visiting your sister at the shop? Taking care of your daughter?" I said, trying to reason off the things why the didn't see me. She could file me as an imposter and we'd have to wait until I was proven that I was somewhere else, which would take a few hours. "Come on, think." I pleaded.

"Oh! Papyrus came up here looking for you and a girl. I think he was saying by the name of Frisk?" She smiled. "I must have been checking up on my daughter who is in he children's lounge." She said, earning an exhale of relief through me.

"This is her." I pointed towards Frisk. "Sorry for the confusion. I'm glad Papyrus was worried about us. We had to run to the store for spaghetti materials." I said, giving a hearty fake laugh.

She nervously laughed at the thought of his and narrowed her eyes at my empty hands. I silently suedes to myself. "They didn't have glitter at the grocery store." I nervously said.

She relaxed a bit and took my lie like it was candy. "How many times do I have to tell you to wait for me to sign you out?" She said, laughing. "Go ahead."

I gave her a large, fake smile, and took Frisk to the elevator, sighing once the doors closed.
"Just walked out on her, eh?" Frisk said, obviously well aware of my abilities now that her memories are back. "Just shopping? For what? Trouble?" She laughed a bit more.

"I ..uh— found a shortcut." I laughed a bit, hearing a small bit of laughter come from her as well from the stupid joke.

At least we have the same humor. That would be a bit awkward.

"Only the best." She said laughing more as the elevator came to a stop on the second level. The coldest level. "It's freezing here." She said.

"It's supposed to feel like Snowdin." I said, feeling slightly nostalgic as we walked down the hallway of residents. Bright lights and Christmas decorations filled the walls.

"It's not as open.." She said, looking around, "but y'all did good." She grinned, stopping near the apartment door and looking at me.

"Yeah. We really made it seem like home." I said, smiling back.

It really seemed like we've been friends for years.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.7K 1.3K 40
As a little kid Y/N was drawn to hip hop and was always looking for someone to challenge.So she resulted to DANCE battles!She had become popular for...
28.6K 795 10
(UnderTale rightfully belongs to the amazing Toby Fox, I am not creative enough to make that masterpiece. There is a person named symphysins who drew...
119K 4.3K 68
This story is inspired by many other works and may bear some resemblance in certain places. However, I will endeavor to make this story it's own. 2...
29.2K 804 22
{COMPLETED} When Frisk climbed Mt. Ebott, she had expected to simply be erased from existence. But instead, she awoke Underground, and found herself...