A Choice with no Regrets (Lev...

By gorgeous_levi

(Y/n) was once a weak, homeless girl who found herself in the Underground City, but was taken by Kenny the Ri... More

A Choice with no Regrets
Prologue
Chapter 1: The Agreement
Chapter 2: A Soldier's Spirit
Chapter 3: Scouting Legion
Chapter 4: A Deal for a Cause
Chapter 5: Crossing Paths
Chapter 6: Next to Exposed
Chapter 7: Fate's Surprise (Pt. I)
Chapter 8: Fate's Surprise (Pt. II)
Chapter 9: A Lovers' Quarrel
Chapter 10: First Expedition
Chapter 11: On the Same Boat
Chapter 12: Perfect Strangers
Chapter 13: Hanji's Promise
Chapter 14: Disguised as Couple
Chapter 15: Looking Different
Chapter 16: The Escape Plan
Chapter 17: Envious & Jealous
Chapter 18: Lost in his Kiss
Chapter 19: Levi's Permission
Chapter 20: What Do You See?
Chapter 20.5: Unanswered
Chapter 21: A Transformation
Chapter 22: Not Daydreaming
Chapter 23: Levi Ackerman
Chapter 24: Dreaming Is Over
Chapter 24.5: Unanswered (Pt. II)
Chapter 26: 57th Expedition
Chapter 27: Behind The Scenes
Chapter 28: Unaccomplished
Chapter 29: Annie Leonhart
Chapter 30: Where Am I?
Chapter 31: Mutual Feelings
Chapter 31.5: Announcement!
Chapter 32: The Female Titan
Chapter 33: One Night Away
Chapter 34: Midnight Shadows
Chapter 35: A Choice with no Regrets (Season 1 - Epilogue)
ACWNR Special Chapter [1] Annie vs. Erza
ACWNR Special Chapter [2] Love Battle
ACWNR Special Chapter [3] Braid
Season 2
Chapter 36: Starting Over Again
Chapter 37: Erza Leonhart
Chapter 38: Hardening Ability
The Unveiling (Levi x Reader)
Chapter 39: Confirmation & Confession

Chapter 25: Long Time, No See

6.4K 181 118
By gorgeous_levi

Your Point of View

Am I deaf?

Nah, maybe I just misheard what Eric actually said. Nothing else is needed to suspect about.

I was just in time to arrive back to the Headquarters, and there I saw Eren, feeding the horses inside its stables.

"Good morning, (y/n)! You seem early today," Eren greeted innocently.

"Good morning," I greeted back, glancing quickly at him.

Oh, what a surprise that he still doesn't think bad of me despite my bitchy attitude. I hope he will, soon.

I just walked passed by them, because I don't have anything to do in particular, either. Just waiting for orders to come.

I accidentally eavesdropped a chat that I assume is between Ness and Eren. "Eren, is there anybody in your batch wanting to join us?" The squad leader asked him.

"There are! No... there were." Eren answered sadly.

During that training... I haven't heard anything about anyone who desires to get in the Survey Corps— except Eren, obviously.

I don't know, maybe the only fact that I don't socialize itself is the reason?

Unawared, Levi and Jean—oh, I mean, his horse suddenly appeared right in front of me.

"Eren, don't fall back at for more than two horses from me. Don't forget that the only reason why you—and (y/n) are not locked up is because I am watching you brats. Understood?" Levi reminded, darting a quick glance for the two of us, as if we're his children and he's our dad.

Eren and I immediately gave him a response. "Yes, sir!"

"All right. Let's get patrolling!" Levi shouted, perhaps talking to his squad.

Patrolling today? Crap, no one informed me that this would happen. Eric never mentioned me that we're having a business to do this morning.

I almost stumble rushing to get on my horse. Levi will probably brag about us being slow.

"Hey, (y/n)! Are you not yourself again? Captain will get mad again if you don't follow. Fucking get your horse!" Eric said, even if I am completely myself and I just felt lazy because of the word "patrolling."

I only nodded at Eric for him to move on. I should've expected this.

---

Another exciting and most awaited day inside this fucking force. What a quick shit. I am fucking hyped.

One month has already passed, meaning that fresh graduates will be joining this force, too.

And this day is the day where we intend to do that mission. God, my adrenaline is rushing again because of this fucking task.

And oh, speaking of graduates, they just arrived this late afternoon, greeting and chatting at each other with Eren as if they haven't meet for decades.

Mikasa, Armin, Reiner, Bertholdt, Krista, Ymir, Sasha, Connie, Jean, and the others were here. Eren's whole squad has decided to team up and join this branch.

But wait, everyone's here. Except... Annie Leonhart. Where might that girl be?

Perhaps the bitch chose the Military Police. She's fourth on our class, after all. She has the privilege of joining that force, and she probably picked it.

I went to feed my brown horse on the stables. A regular basis though, everytime our task is finished, I go and get some food for my horse to eat.

We've been patrolling and sending reports or news to the capital for more than a month before the cadets came. No special events or such things. Which was actually boring.

Maybe I am happy today because that freaking expedition plus a hidden agenda that is going to be executed is fucking near already, but these new bunch of shitheads are definitely going to cause me a headache.

I hate too much unwanted strangers around me.

I don't even have the guts to talk nice and ask them how everything is going. I can't tell if they consider me as a friend, anyways. So why bother asking them? I would seem like a trying hard person, feeling close to them if I would do that.

I saw Levi petting his horse on my right at the same time.

"Oi, there you are again..." He muttered.

"Those are your comrades, right?" He asked, pitifully looking at me. Perhaps he's thinking that I am a very lonely bitch, but I really don't like to be-friend with anyone.

He sighed, his expression still blank. "I see. You're not happy to see them."

"They aren't happy to see me, either. No one would dare talking to me, I swear." I replied, which make him convinced that quick. He surely got what I meant.

"You're just lucky there is someone that still gives you a lot of patience and understands you being an introvert and a bystander." He said, sounding more like a mother.

"Tch. Whatever, it is understandable that no one wants to entertain you... it's your own fault for being bitchy and immature, brat."

I know, you damn Captain. I am well-aware of it. You don't have to slap that fact directly to my face.

I glared at him. "Then why the fuck do you have the guts to talk to me? I am an Abnormal, right?"

He was left speechless, not uttering any word after I stated those words.

I smirked. Victory.

Can't you see that? I shut the fuck out of that Shorty! That's an achievement.

"All scouts, line up! I repeat, all scouts, including the rookies, line up!" I heard Eric suddenly shout, getting the attention of all the scouts that is part of the "practice run" to retake Wall Maria.

The confusing part is, a very few ones understood the Commander's question. And I can't believe I am one of those very few. I am no soldier, but I still managed to understand that stupid question of his. Very proud of that, despite of lacking this so-called "soldier's spirit." by Erwin Smith.

After everyone had prepared and lined up, we stopped to the gate, just waiting for it to open. I am behind Levi, and Eren is on my left.

Pft. Of course, I always need to stick with that man because the only reason why I am not locked up is because he's watching me, according to what he has said to Eren and I.

Another thing is that I have this special position on this plan, and of course, I need to do my part.

"Thirty seconds until the gate opens! Prepare for battle!" The commander shouted who leads the whole force in front.

I looked up at the gate that us slowly being opened by the soldier's of the Garrisons.

"Let the 57th expedition beyond the walls begin!" He yelled, followed by the loud steps of our horses.

"Onward!" He made the last call.

---

I slowly approached the door of the Commander's office. I was ordered to meet with him at exactly 4. All he said was he wants to have a private conversation with me, that's all. I don't have a clue on what he wants to talk about.

I don't know what might the exact reason behind this, but I need to follow orders, anyway. I don't know what might be the consequence if I'll try to disobey him, though.

Now I'm worried. What if he found out about me? What if he discovered who I really am? What if he knew that I wasn't (y/n) at all?

Shit, I am being pessimistic again.

I stood in front of the wooden door, took a deep breathe before finally opening it.

There I saw a few soldiers, including Mike, Hanji, Levi, the other scouts, and of course, the commander.

Sheesh, I thought I was the only one he wants to talk with. I was completely wrong. If they're also here, they definitely have some business with Erwin.

I quietly sat down between Hanji and Levi, and there I realized that I am the one that they're waiting for them to start this secret meeting. What a shame.

Fuck, what is this all about?

But wait, if it is true that I am the only one they're waiting for, why isn't everybody is inside of this somewhat Erwin's office?

Suspicious. Does this mean that...the only people that are here were actually chosen? If so, why and how was I chosen? Was that why he said this 'private'?

Erwin compiled the papers on the table. "Greetings, wise soldiers."

"All of you might be thinking why I made a private discussion. I apologize if I didn't tell you the reason behind even before I announced a vis-a-vis. But now...is the time for you to know the real deal." His voice lowered.

"The reason why I called all of you is because of that question...and you are the only ones who answered me." The commander started, opening a map that a scout handed him.

"And this is the exchange of your act. You now have my full respect and trust." He complimented, expressing his gratitude to us.

"Has anything come to mind after hearing that?" He asked, making every soldier in the room make a small frown.

Hanji placed both of her hands on the rectangular table that we are sitting on. "Does this has something to do with this 'enemy' you're talking about?" She asked.

"Precisely." Erwin shortly replied, which definitely means that Hanji is correct, and that is why we're here.

I saw Hanji leaned on her chair as the light passed by her glasses, making them glow. By the looks of it, she has an idea on what Erwin is planning to do.

I quickly averted my gaze from her. She might notice I was staring.

I must figure out this too by myself. Don't blame me, if it's about mission, again, my brain and body will automatically function properly itself.

Now, let's think. Erwin interrogated me when those two Titans were killed. He asked me...who was the enemy.

Summing up those, I could deduce that...he wants the enemy itself to come out! Of course, those captured Titans won't just vanish like that. There's something...someone who did it.

And Erwin wants to know who's who. He believes that the ones who did those must be an enemy...a spy, specifically.

That's it! That is why Hanji is so focused and serious about this. She must be highly fucking concerned about those Titans we got. She won't just accept and move on. She must also want to reveal who did it. She wants them to pay.

Bullseye.

But...how does he plan to make the opponent come out itself? What does he want us to do?

"Judging by your reaction, I assume that you got what I want you to get." His lips curved a little, signalling that the real thing is about to come.

"Here, I decided to make those enemies to come out. Instead of waiting for them to reveal themselves, we will force them ourselves in a way that they won't notice. In short, a trap. We'll make them fly out of their cages."

He continued. "I made a disguised short practice run to retake Wall Maria. But the truth is, we have a hidden motive that you won't be able to tell anyone. So instead of usual training because we will have the new, fresh graduates with us, it will be more on memorization with this plan that we will execute. As I said, you have my trust, so I am counting that you won't spill anything to anyone about this. Clear?" He explained, making us nod.

"But what is it this 'hidden motive' means?" Moblit raised his hand, throwing the commander a question.

"No one knows aside from us knows what we're discussing about. Our real, or hidden motive is this plan."

Moblit stood, confused. He probably didn't get what Erwin meant. I, didn't as well.

Wait...come to think of it. Again, he asked that question back when those two experiments were killed. And they even tried to find the culprit among the trainees of the 104th. That means...

"You're thinking that using this plan, we could tell who killed those experiments, and deal with him there, where the plan will occur?" I asked, making everyone look at my direction.

Shit, I hate attention.

"That is one of the things that we will do." Erwin replied, extending the map that he opened in front of us.

"Knowing that Eren could transform into a Titan, that fact itself proves that Titan shifters do exist. This is the same with the Colossal and the Armored Titna who destroyed Shiganshina District and Wall Maria. Which means—"

Hanji stood up, making me realize the same thing. Is she thinking what I am thinking at the moment?

"The Colossal and Armored Titans... They could be Titan shifters, too!" She told Erwin confidently.

"Exactly. That's why I came up with a theory. What if those are only a few! What if someone else has the same ability as Eren? Of course, no one could tell." He said, looking one at a time with every soldier that is in this room.

Wait, is he expecting anyone would react differently from us?

Maybe.

"Someone who saw Eren transform that time... could be the culprit. Someone who could pursue him because he has this special power. And we're catching whoever it is...whoever that Titan is." He stopped.

"So what is the whole point in doing this plan? What is our main goal?" Levi asked, pointing at the map that is on the table.

"We'll capture whoever the enemy is." said Erwin.

"But how can you be so sure that the enemy would come that time? Are we hoping for miracle to happen?" I asked. Of course, what he is saying is just one of the countless possibilities that might happen. What if not?

They all glared at me as if I have said something bad.

"What? You guys can't also deny that fact. We can't rely on a mere possibility." I demanded.

"I forgot to say something else." Erwin cut me off.

"On the night where I'll be persuading the trainees to join our force, I'll be publicizing our plan. Which means, they'll be aware and could take this opportunity to do whatever they had to. We're with Eren, and he's act as our decoy. The enemy will be attracted to their target which is Jaeger, assuming that the enemy pursue information about the Titans."

My eyes widened in realization. So that's it. That's what he's planning. I understand everything now.

"Going back, I made a formation that would help this plan go along with what we're be planning. Squad Levi will be assigned to the safest part of the formation. Your squad has the most important role, considering that only you, Levi, and (y/n) has known about this secret motive. You'll be leading the enemy in the forest. The cargos which will be the one carrying the supplied that we need to captute the enemy are the only ones including your squad that will be entering the forest. This will confuse most of the scouts, because that is the part where we will be changing course." He enumerated.

"The role of the scouts is to keep out the Titans out of the forest, so that our plan of luring the enemy in our hands will be successful. But still, you won't be telling anyone what would happen until that thing comes. We won't be letting any information from this plan to be spread among any of the scouts, nor anyonr telling the position of Eren in our formation." He added.

"The rest will be discussed by the ones I ordered to explain what would happen in this expedition." Erwin continued explaining.

"If anyone would get to know Eren's position, I'm afraid that our plan couldn't get along the flow. I... I'll be counting on you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 5.4K 49
For (Y/n) (L/n), enlisting in the Scouts was a last resort to escape her twisted father and the years of abuse that were part of her "training." But...
2.6K 131 63
'"Why is this mission so important? I don't care anymore so can it just be over? Before they find anything else about me?" I ask, finding information...
7.9K 119 50
"Listen to me. Life is cruel and unfair. It only gives you one chance, so don't fuck it up." ~ (Levi Ackerman X Reader) (Y/n) ha...