Scurrilous Affair

By dcmuch

❤️ Owl City Boys Series - 4 ❤️ Duchess Serene Agonzillio, the socialite queen, stern, and the only grand-daug... More

Scurrilous Affair Copyright
Better Die
His Girlfriend
Useless
Curiosity
Interesting
Drunk
Liar Queen
Reputation
Socialite World
His Attention
In A Relationship
Thrilling
Confession
In Love
Initial Trouble
Unexpected
Scurrilous Affair
Fell on the Ground
Peace
Our World
His Dream
Acceptance
Temptation
Familiar Issue
Doubt
Meeting the Parents
Back Story
Something Wrong
Death
Special Chapter

Observation

4.9K 118 17
By dcmuch

I STAYED on his bedroom. My real intention is to wait for him do with his work but I fell asleep. I waked up late and he is not around. I was worried that maybe he already left me. We talked last night that he will bring me with him on the site. Urgently, I opened the door and saw him on the guest room's door too. Holding the knob, his other eyes are still closed. He is scratching his nape. His hair is messy, obviously, he just got up from the bed and forgot to wear his t-shirt.

"Good morning, Serene." he greeted. The way my name rolled on his mouth confuse me of something.

Stunned, I force my eyes to look away. We are far distance but I could say he is as beautiful as the morning sunshine. I mentally jot down that he is a living sin. Don't look that much.

"Morning, Shawn. Remember that we have to go shopping?"

"Yeah. How many minutes do I have to wait for you?"

I frowned. He sounded impatient boyfriend. Am I looked that worst?

"Five minutes," I confirmed, closed the door and took a brisk shower. I had my dress for that damn night, clean and ready for my first ever shopping here. I am too excited that I don't mind about myself. Once I dried my body and covered up my wounds, I wore the dress and brushed my still soaking hair. I don't have make-up with me. My foundation was ruined by the salty ocean, so I am ready.

Pababa ako ng hagdan ng maabutan ko siyang nasa labas at may kausap sa phone. Natatandaan ko ang aking cellphone. Hindi ko pa rin iyon binubuksan. Wala rin namang saysay. Kahit pa gusto kong silipin ang Instagram ko, nilulunok ko ang lahat ng ideya para buksan iyon.

Not now. I'm not ready yet.

Shawn glanced on my way. "I see. Okay, I will check that again later." He put the phone in his pocket and approached me on the center. He is wearing a gray khaki short and printed black t-shirt. Still, his hair is messy, but it doesn't ruin his gorgeous face. "Let's go?"

Tumango ako. Malaki ang hakbang kaya't nalagpasan ko siya. I heard him beep his car. Huge steps, maybe to open the door for me too late, I already open it and slid in the shotgun. Habang kinakabit ang seatbelt ay pinanood ko siyang umikot. Binuksan ang pinto, tahimik na naupo sa driver seat. Isang sulyap sa akin bago niya kinabit ang kanyang seatbelt at pinaandar ang sasakyan.

I quickly leisure my eyes from the interior of his car, I already distinguish that it was modified. The smooth noise of the engine was calm just like him. It's tidy and sleek too.

I sighed. I miss my baby Boxster. "Where are we going?"

"Mall."

I looked away to hide my real feelings. I am excited. That's right, forget about Drew. Instead, enjoy the place.

He took the shortcut road. It's just ten minutes then we have already reached the basement, looking for the parking. I am not sure for the date but I was shocked that the parking is full. Luckily, on the loop, the car on the edge drove out so we took his spot.

I watched him spin the steering wheel and thought about how can he accommodate me in my shopping rituals. Nagkaroon naman siguro ito ng girlfriend. Sumasama ba siya sa shopping ng girlfriend niya? If yes, he shouldn't come with me. So I am sure, it is his first time then.

"First, let's go inside the Candella," I lively said. My hands automatically curled around his arm as I pulled him on the escalator going up the second floor.

This is the cheapest brand I know for the on-trend casual wear, aside from Hollister and American eagle. I loosened on my hold on his arm as I spotted hipster jeans. It's ripped, acid color, and tight.

A sales lady greeted me and attended my inquiries. I glanced for Shawn and I saw him on the phone, though his eyes are with me. I've motioned him that I will just go in the fitting room, he gave me a winked.

I checked some shirt and belt too. Naubos ang kalahating oras ko roon at sa pila ay may hawak na akong dalawang t-shirt at tatlong pantalon na tight sa akin. I was about to pay it but the cashier just scanned the item and gave to me. I am confused.

"Miss, are you insulting me," I said, my voice is low but I knew her tense about it.

"Enough. Bayad na iyan," bulong sa akin ni Shawn. Hinila na ako palabas sa Candella.

"Why? I have my own money."

"Let's not fight because of that. Are you done or we have to go further?"

I sighed. "Let's go on the other clothing store."

After spending two hours, I got my best pick but everything was paid again by Shawn. I am more worried now. Hindi niya ako responsibilidad at hindi ako mapagsamantala. May trabaho ako at kumikita rin. Iyon nga lang ay mas malaki ang pumapasok na pera sa account ko araw-araw dahil kay Lolo, Daddy at Mommy.

"Anything else, Serene?"

I glared at him very carefully. He is carrying all my shopping bags on the big trolley, while on my arms swinging the killer heels that I wouldn't hesitate to buy. Ang totoo ay marami pa akong gustong bilhin, pero iniisip kong may susunod pa na pagkakataon. Hindi kami naparito para sa luho ko.

"Are you hungry?" he inquired.

We took the other route going into the basement. Tumigil ako sa napansing jewelry store. Elegance. This is my deceased, Auntie's boutique. We didn't make it on her funeral. She told her siblings to keep it private so I highly understand. Besides, I know her as a pure woman with virtuous and dignity. She doesn't like much attention. A filthy rich woman who doesnt act like one. So down to earth. The traits she even shared with Frank and Jyra.

I can't be like them, especially with Jyra. She is the meaning of beyond kindness while I am not.

"Do you want to go inside?"

He broke my reverie. I shook my head. "Next time. And by the way, yes I am starving."

"Kumain muna tayo rito."

"What about your work?"

He shrugged. "I took my leave, Serene."

I frowned. "What? How can we visit your work?"

"Kailangan ko pa rin bumisita mamaya. Huwag ka mag-alala, makakapasyal ka pa rin." He poked my nose and laughed.

Was that mean I can have his time the whole day?

"Hey, wait for me."

Huminto siya sa pagtutulak ng trolley at lumingon sa akin. Naglalaro ang ngisi sa mukha niya ng makalapit ako. I wanted to kick him on the legs but I realized he doesn't deserve that, he is not a jerk just like my cousins. And besides, he is my savior so I have to respect him.

He brought me in a cheap fast food chain with carves are my only choices. I was about to complain but I'd rather not when I realized he could be checking something on me. How would I deal with it? He must have an idea for my lifestyle? Scratched that. He will not know and I have to stay at my cool so he won't notice.

Honestly, I can eat them but I have to work in the gym for about three hours to burn it. I know my body. I got easily big that's why I created my dietary rules. But then inserting Freedom, I haven't done this— eating breakfast in a fast food chain— seating across with a stranger, a man to be specific. This is rare. Dapat ko nang sulitin.

Hinila ko ang upuan sa gilid at doon naupo.

He looked at me with a wide grin etched on his face. "Two double deck burger and three large fries," he said without blinking.

"Whatever, Shawn. Go and I am seriously hungry."

Umalis siyang naulinigan kong bumubulong na siya rin ay gutom na. Umiling ako at minasdan ang ibang mga kumakain. I saw couples, teenage or adult. A family and students. All of them are having fun, far from the restaurant I used to go. The ambiance is so peaceful. Not crowded. Discreet. The people spoke like a bee.

Ang laki ng pinagkaiba ng mundo rito sa ginagalawan kong mundo. Lihim akong napangiti. I can't deny that the life here wasn't dangerous at all. It's not disgusting the way we saw it before. It's fun, especially the long lane where I spotted Shawn. He patiently waited for his turn.

The cashier greeted Shawn with her most adorable smile. Hindi ko man nakikita ang eksaktong expression niya pero ramdam kong binibiro niya 'yung babae. Mahinhing tumawa ang babae at nahihiyang inipit ang maikling tikwas na buhok sa likod ng tainga niya. Bago ibigay ni Shawn ang bayad ay lumingon sa akin ang babae at tumango. May sinabi ito bago umalis upang marahil ay ihanda ang order nito.

Why do I feel like I wanted to hear their topic? I freaked out when the woman behind Shawn glanced to me as well. I pretended to wander around and looked away. Geez, what is he bluffing?

"Here's your order, Ma'am," he teased. Placing over the tray of our food on the table.

I opened my mouth, closed it, and then opened again when huge soda cup, double deck burger, and large fries paraded on my sight. Fats! Carves! A guilty pleasure that will make my tummy rejoice.

His elbow arrogantly rested on the table before he shoved fries. "That woman says you look familiar," he said, then dunked the fries on his lavish mouth.

I didn't react to that. I am frigging hungry for goodness sake. I took the plate of burger with my bare hands and grabbed a large bite. "This taste good," I moaned.

He laughed and nodded. "I know, right. Try the fries too, Serene."

I did as he said. My eyes glittered as the taste of the salty and delicious fries lingered on my taste buds. He was right.

We both glanced on the woman who looked at me intently as she passed by.

"Kilala mo?" tanong ni Shawn.

Umiling ako. Patay malisyang kumagat sa burger. Nakakahiya itong ginagawa ko pero I don't give a shit. It's just him after all, and no one here knew me and my status. Nakikipagsabayan ako sa gana kumain ni Shawn. Ang laki ng bawat nganga niya sa pagkagat sa burger. Hindi ako papatalo. Kumagat ako, ayon nga lang kumatas ang sauce sa kabila kaya tinawanan ako niya ako.

Kumuha siya ng tissue. Pinunasan niya ang sauce na kumalat sa gilid ng labi ko. "Ang salaula mo."

Nagkibit balikat ako. "I am hungry," dahilan ko. Nalukot ang mukha ko sa tumamang fries sa aking noo. "What the—" I threw a dagger look with the culprit who's controlling himself to stop on laughing. You are playing with me, ha? I dipped my pointing finger in the catchup and poked it on his face.

He tried to get away that's why the sauce fell on his jawline. I laughed because he thought he did badge it.

"Nalagyan mo ako?" tanong niya.

I can't answer him because I am laughing out loud. My tummy is aching. But I stopped when he did the same and put it on the tip of my nose.

Tinuro niya ako at tumawa. "Red nose reindeer!"

I looked around when I felt the people's eye with us. Binatukan ko siya sa noo at hinila sa t-shirt paalis doon. Hiyang-hiya ako sa ginawa namin. Pero sa huli ay tawa kami nang tawa habang papalayo.

"Fuck! Did you put the hot sauce?" reklamo niya habang papalabas kami ng elevator.

"That's what you get from being gross." I threw to his face the wet tissue I used.

"Oy, ano ba? Dugyot mo."

I rolled my eyes. He said there is no need to change my attire, we will go now on the site. We won't stay long there. I guessed he is right. Hindi ko kakayaning sira ang kuko sa kamay ko. Sanay akong may kulay ito at mahaba. I suggested after the visitation we will go straight to the salon. I even asked him to cut his long hair and he didn't give a reaction on that.

Silence deepening between us. I watched the calm see outside and felt drowsy. Goodness, this is the sign of earning fats. I have to do something on this later. Resting my head on the backrest I sighed. The memories of the disgusting truth about Drew is driving me insane once more.

"Shawn?"

From the window I watched him glance with me. "What, Serene?"

I sighed. The way my name filtered from his mouth is really something. As if I felt safe and special, far from the reasons why I found Drew charming and attractive. It's weird but I still do have a hurtful truth of feelings for him.

"Naranasan mo na bang maloko ng taong mahal mo?" My hands flew on the dashboard when he stepped on the break. If I don't wear the seatbelt there is a major chance I would kiss the windshield. He is giving me a heart attack.

Ang makapal niyang kilay na nagbibigay emosyon sa kanyang mapanuksong mata ay nagsalubong. He literally equaled the frown I gave him. "Iyan ba ang rason kung bakit gusto mong magpakamatay?"

Kumalma ako. Iniisip kung iyan ba ang dahilan kung bakit siya huminto?

"You are overreacting. Don't do it again!"

"Over reacting? Bakit? Akala mo ba biro 'yung ginawa mong pagpapakamatay ng gabing 'yon? Paano kung wala ako? Paano ka na?"

I was taken aback and fell on the floor head first. There is no way he is mad at me, right? He won't be like my mother who will nag me now?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 358 20
San Vicente #03 Marciana Ramillo Ang talagang gusto lang ni Marci ay isang tahimik na buhay. She expected her life to be uneventful until the day she...
118K 2.6K 33
Vandros Darrick Sandoval is an elite bachelor and finally found someone whos way younger than him. Is it history repeats it self? Or this is their Ve...
8.5K 125 42
Gabrielle Eve Aguas fell in love with the most irresistable guy, Liam Marcus Pimentel. Elle is the kind of girl everyone loves. Everyone thinks she's...
108K 2.3K 33
Our parents makes us believe that fairytales do exist and so a happy endings. Bata pa lamang ako ay isa na ako sa mga naniniwala sa fairytale, na a...