I'm Here For You (Bakugou x V...

Por Rainbend

[Bakugou Katsuki x Villain!Reader] The last time Bakugou saw his childhood friend, (Full Name) was at the pla... Mais

Prologue
Remembrance
Encounter
Reunion
Forgiveness
Promise
Believe
Company
Path
Proud
Exam
Fallen
Summer
Special: Halloween
Camp
Confession
Betrayal
Ambush
Alive
Special: Christmas
Goodbye
Future
Past
Dorm
Here
Epilogue
Thank You!
A/N

Home

9.8K 332 553
Por Rainbend

A/N: Woohoo! I'm back from my vacation so here's another update!

***

Chapter 12

It was the day after the practical exam and the students of class 1-A were both nervous and excited to know if they passed or failed in order to attend the training camp.

That was everyone except for four people – Ashido, Kirishima, Kaminari and Sato who were 100% per cent sure that they had failed and had to stay back for summer school while the rest of the class went for the training camp.

You watched with amusement from your seat as Midoriya tried to reassure his classmates only to be poked in the eyes by Kaminari. Just then the classroom door slammed open and standing at the entrance was none other than class 1-A's homeroom teacher.

"Once the bell rings, get in your seats."

Immediately, everyone scrambled back to their desks, afraid to face Aizawa's wrath if they chose to disobey his words. Aizawa took his place at the front of the class behind the podium and jumped straight into announcing the results of the exams.

"Unfortunately, there are those who didn't pass the final exams. Accordingly, for the training camp in the woods..." Suddenly, a creepy smile appeared on Aizawa's face as he completed his sentence with a slight mirth to his usual monotonous voice. "...everyone's going!"

'Who knew that Aizawa-sensei has a sense of humour?' You snorted quietly to yourself.

The four students who failed immediately jumped to their feet, beaming with exhilaration at the fact that they would be going for the training camp after all.

"We can go, too?!" Kirishima asked with a hopeful smile, showing off his shark-like teeth.

Aizawa's voice returned to its original monotone as he went continued. "Some failed, but no one failed the written exam. In the practical, Kirishima, Kaminari, Ashido, Sato and Sero failed."

You soon tuned out what your teacher was saying, barely paying any attention. Instead, you zoned out and glanced out of the window, wishing that the day would pass by quickly even though school for the day had just started.

Aizawa handed out a stack of booklets to the class that contained information about the training camp. You took one for yourself and flipped through the small book, getting a glimpse of what was installed for you.

"The training camp is two weeks from now. Everything that you need to know is inside that booklet, so make sure you get everything you require for the camp by then." Aizawa reminded his class. "Dismissed."

Homeroom period came to an end and the moment Aizawa left the class, everyone began to chatter among themselves, talking about the upcoming camp. You put away the booklet and took out your study material for the next period.

Your face displayed boredom despite being surrounded by people who were excited by the upcoming camp. One might think that you were uninterested which was not true.

You were just better at hiding your excitement compared to your classmates.

Time skipped

The sky was a gradient of sunset colours blending seamlessly together when the last bell of the day rang. Teachers dismissed their students as everyone packed their bags, ready to return home after a long day in school.

You were just packing the last of your things into your school bag when you heard Midoriya calling your name.

"(Name)-chan!"

You turned around to see the green-haired boy walking up towards you with a smile and raised a brow. "Izuku-kun, how may I help you?"

"The whole class is planning to go shopping for things they need for the upcoming training camp tomorrow. You should come along with us!" Midoriya replied, a hopeful look on his face.

A smile appeared on your face and you found yourself nodding your head, agreeing to the invitation. After all, how could you say no to those puppy eyes directed at you.

"Sure thing! Just let me know the where and when to meet and I'll be there."

"Great! I'll text you by tonight!"

You laughed as Midoriya beamed at you, his eyes lighting up with joy. You couldn't wait to hang out with your childhood friend and classmates that you were slowly starting to associate with friends of yours.

Meanwhile, a certain blonde refused to come for the class shopping trip when Kirishima asked him. That was until you skipped up to him with the biggest smile ever as flowers and sparkles spewed out from behind you, pleading him to come along as well.

It took a few minutes of pleading and puppy eyes then did Bakugou begrudgingly agreed.

But it was worth it when you immediately brightened up, glowing like the sun as you threw yourself at the blonde, wrapping him up in a tight hug. "Thank you Katsuki-kun! I owe you!"

Bakugou was so whipped for you.

You glanced up at Bakugou who flushed pink at the sudden closeness. He placed a hand against your face and pushed you away, his head turned to the side. "You're so annoying, dipshit."

You were slightly confused when he pushed you away before understanding dawned upon you that he was embarrassed, causing you to giggle. Bakugou only became more flustered with his face resembling a tomato at this stage.

Being the good friend that Kirishima was, he jumped at this opportunity to tease the blonde. "Man, (Name)-san has you wrap around her fingers doesn't she?"

The redness on Bakugou's face was now due to anger and he exploded, his hand sparking with his quirk. "What the f*ck do you say?!"

While the boys were bickering back and forth, there was a softness to your face as a thought crossed your mind. 'Katsuki-kun, you'll really do everything for me, don't you?'

At that moment, your chest was filled with an unknown warmth as your heart pumped away at a fast pace. You glanced down at your chest, a hand reaching up to clutch where your heart laid.

There was a confused frown on your face as you questioned yourself what just happened. For now, you just pushed it to the back of your mind.

It was only much later than did you realized this mysterious feeling that you felt now was the beginning of something new and fresh between you and Bakugou.

***

Bakugou was trailing behind you with a scowl on his face as you led the way towards the meeting spot where everyone in class 1-A had agreed upon. (E/C) eyes lit up when you saw a familiar pink alien waving her hand at you.

"(Name)-chan! Bakugou-san! We're here!"

You turned to Bakugou and took him by the hand, pointing to where the huge group of your classmates waiting for both your arrival. "Katsuki-kun, let's go! Our classmates are waiting for us."

The blonde grunted, otherwise didn't object as he allowed you to pull him in that direction. Soon enough, both of you were united with your classmates.

"I'm glad to see that you guys have made it safely," Midoriya commented. "And Kacchan did actually turn up after all."

"Of course! Who else is gonna help me carry my stuff?" You pointed a thumb towards Bakugou who was talking to Kirishima.

The said boy perked up when he heard your words and left Kirishima, storming up towards you. Fuming, Bakugou flicked your forehead with a glare. "Who says anything about me helping to carry your shit?! You're not a f*cking kid, so carry it your own damn self!"

You clutched your now sore forehead, mouth opened and ready to argue back when Ashido piped up with glee. "With the most stores in the prefecture, the newest and coolest, most advanced Kiyashi Ward Shopping Mall!"

Immediately you forgot about your anger towards Bakugou as you spun around, eyes bright with awe and excitement as you took in the sight of the mass shopping mall.

It was even bigger than the shopping mall that you and Bakugou frequented to a few weeks ago!

You turned to the blonde who looked like he rather be at home than here at the shopping mall. Skipping up to him, you waved your arms like a madman and launched into a whole list of things you wanted to buy for the training camp.

"Katsuki-kun! There are so many things that I need to buy that I don't even know where to begin!" You babbled. "I need basic camping stuffs like a sleeping bag, a tent, running shoe assjdkwowlw..."

The rest of your words came out as muffled as Bakugou slapped a hand over your mouth, silencing you. His right eye was twitching as irk marks appeared on his forehead.

"Shut the f*ck up! You're giving me a headache!" He growled. "Did you not read the f*cking booklet that Aizawa-sensei gave to us?! There's no need for a sleeping bag or tent since accommodation will be provided!"

When Bakugou removed his hand, your mouth formed into a pout and you mumbled, "It's just that this is my first time having a camp and I can't help but be excited about it."

Your childhood friend grumbled incoherently underneath his breath before patting your hair gently, his head turned to the side. "What am I gonna do with you?"

Smiling softly with flushed cheeks, you replied, "You can't get rid of me that easily, Katsuki-kun."

Both of you were so caught up in your own world that neither of you realised that you were the only two left as everyone had already left to go look for the things that they needed for the camp.

"Where the hell did everyone go?"

"I don't f*cking know and I don't give a shit."

"Katsuki-kun!"

The said male just ignored you and head off in a random direction with no agenda in mind. Sighing, you ran to catch up with the blonde and dragged him in the other direction, heading for the shoe department where you needed a new pair of running shoes.

Time skipped

Walking out of the ladies' toilet, you dried your hands on your pants when you noticed the whole floor was empty. Your brows furrowed in confusion as you looked right and left, wondering where everyone was.

You found it strange how such a huge mall on a weekend was so deserted with not a single soul in sight.

A hand reached inside your pocket to fish out your phone, about to dial Bakugou's number when suddenly, a mysterious figure all dressed in black was approaching in your direction.

Instantly, you were on guard as imaginary red flags went off in your mind. Your body took on a defensive position, ready to use quirk when you remembered you were quirkless thanks to your teacher.

Mentally cursing at your forgetfulness, (e/c) eyes were fixated on the figure who had come to a stop in front of you. You still couldn't tell who it was because his head was tilted down, hiding his face from yours.

"Who the hell are you?!" You barked. "Show yourself!"

The suspicious person reached a hand upwards towards his hood. He grabbed the edge of the hood and slowly pulled back, revealing light blue hair that you would have recognized from a hundred mile away.

"I thought you'll be able to recognise the person who raises you all these years with a single glance, but I guess I'm wrong." His smirk sent a chill down your spine as the man lifted his head and revealed himself to you.

"Tomura-nii..." The nickname that you had given the man in front of you slipped out of your mouth for the first time in a long while.

"And so, we meet again, (Name)-chan."

Standing before you were none other than the most wanted villain right now – the leader of the League of Villains, Tomura Shigaraki.

No words were exchanged as the two of you simply stared at one another, (e/c) orbs filled with shock while the other filled with glee. The mall was so quiet that one could hear a pin dropped.

The silence had never more deafening to your ears.

Swallowing the lump that had formed in your throat, you forced yourself to say something, anything. "W-What are you doing here?"

Tomura's smirk grew when he saw you flinched at the stutter in your voice, shivering in pleasure with the knowledge that you were afraid of him even after all this time. His tongue darted out to lick his dry lips, few pieces of dry skins flaking off like snow.

Your flight-and-fight response was going crazy with your body choosing the "flight" option. Beads of sweat were starting to form on your forehead and your throat felt dry like the desert.

'What the hell is Tomura-nii doing here?! After a month of leaving me out in the world to fend for myself then did he appear? Of all times, why not?'

Your internal panic turned to anger when you remembered the two people who you had looked up to leaving you to the justice of the pro heroes. If it wasn't for UA principle, you were certain you would be behind bars now, never to see the living daylights for the rest of your life.

The fear vanished, making way for flames of rage and hatred licking the base of your spine. You rose to your full height, your back straightened. Your face slipped on a blank mask, your eyes portraying a cold stare towards the light blue-haired male.

"What do you want Tomura?" You questioned. "What are you even doing here in the first place?"

Tomura slipped his hands out from his pants' pockets, coming to rest limply by his sides. Another minute of silence passed before Tomura spoke up.

"I thought you'll be excited to see me after all this time, but I guess not." He shrugged, acting as indifferent. Yet, his eyes spoke volumes as the malicious glint in those red orbs intensify. "Look at you, hanging out with heroes-in-training on a weekend at a shopping mall. You've seemed to settle down quite comfortably amongst every villain's enemy haven't you?"

(E/C) orbs narrowed, your hands clenched into fists as nails dug into your skin. Your voice was trembling with barely held in fury as you spat out a reply. "Whose fault do you think it is? You and Kurogiri abandoned me back at USJ after the pro heroes made an appearance! Ever since then, I didn't receive any news from either of you!"

The last part of your sentence came out as a shout, your self-control slipping. Frustration, betrayal and anger from the last few weeks within you had built up until the point you could no longer contain it and simply exploded.

Seeing Tomura Shigaraki standing in front of you acting unsympathetic and heartless was the last straw.

The villain said nothing, his unwavering gaze still solely hooked onto you as though staring deep into your soul.

Taking in a deep breath to calm yourself, you fixed the person you once called a brother one last glance and left with your back facing him. Your bitter laugh could be heard echoing throughout the empty floor of the shopping mall.

"I guess along I was just a pawn in your game of chess, a tool for you to deposit once you're through with me."

With that, you chose to walk out of the League of Villains.

***

That day you learnt that you weren't the only one who had an encounter with the leader of the League of Villains. In fact, Midoriya almost disintegrated if it wasn't Uraraka who interfered at the right timing, saving the green-haired boy from the potential harm.

Your brown-haired classmate reported the incident and the mall was temporarily closed as the police force and the heroes scouted the entire area, looking for a light blue hair male dressed in all black.

However, in the end, they couldn't find Tomura Shigaraki.

Midoriya was questioned by the head detective and a few heroes when you made an appearance. Immediately, you were swarmed by your worried classmates as they bombarded you with questions.

Apparently, when you were having your own exchange with Tomura, the police and heroes had already arrived on scene. Everyone was evacuated for safety reasons until a certain blonde noticed that you had gone missing.

Bakugou had been worried sick when he heard about Tomura, his thought immediately jumped to you. He was ready to fight tooth and nail against the police and heroes who told him to stay where he was when he wanted to go find you.

After all, who wouldn't be concerned for the one they loved.

"Stupid dipshit! Where have you been?! Why didn't you pick up any of my calls?! Your phone isn't f*cking meant to sit there and act all pretty?!"

You glanced up in surprise when you heard the raging blonde who was pushing through the crowd and storming in your direction. You had completely forgotten you had come with your childhood friend in the first place.

"Katsuki-kun..." Your voice trembled slightly as his name came out as a whisper.

The fear in the way how you called out to him was subtle, but Bakugou who knew you inside and out noticed it. Taking a step forward, he closed the remaining gap between both of you and brought you into a hug.

Your hands reached for his shirt and grasped it tightly, your fingers curling into the now wrinkled cloth. Burying your head into his chest, you willed yourself not to cry despite the tears gathered in the corners of your eyes.

Bakugou glanced down and noticed your current predicament, anger directed at both himself and the villain. If only he had been present, you would have been fine now instead of being all vulnerable looking like a meek and lost child.

The hand that always threatened others was now gentle like a lamb as he ran his fingers through your (h/c) locks in an effort to calm you down. He leaned down slightly to place a chaste kiss the crown of your head,

His voice was a lilting tone as he whispered into your ear. "Shh, I'm here. It's alright now."

You found yourself calming down in no time.

Time skipped

Bakugou was leaning against the wall and scrolling to his phone while he waited for you to be done with your interrogation. The blonde looked up when he heard the door opening and saw you bowing slightly to the policeman, thanking him before exiting the interrogation room.

Neither of you said anything as you signed yourself out and both of you exited the police station. You saw Midoriya who was also taken to the station for interrogation like exchanging a hug with a woman which you assumed was his mother.

Not wanting to disrupt the tender moment, you walked off with no destination in mind and simply let your legs carried you to wherever it wanted to go. Bakugou didn't object as he trailed behind you without a single word.

For the first time, Katsuki Bakugou was on the quiet side.

Your eyes were glued onto your shoes, one foot ahead of the other like a robot. 15 minutes passed before you came to a stop in front of what looked like the roots of a tree. Slowly, you lifted your head, eyes trailing the trunk covered in rough barks to the early sprouting of summer foliage on the branches.

A breeze picked up, causing your hair to fly in different directions as nostalgia hit you straight home. It was the very tree from your childhood days – the one that you and Bakugou always hang out together after school or on the weekends.

It was also the same place where you last saw the blonde.

"Even after all these years, this tree still stands as sturdy as ever."

You turned your head to the side where Bakugou had taken his place next to you, staring up at the tree with a small smile. Humming in agreement, you faced the front once more.

From the corners of his eyes, Bakugou saw a reminiscent look on your face and his own memories of his younger days with you flooded his mind too. You were the only person who wasn't afraid to stand up against him, unlike others who feared him. You stayed by his side out of genuine instead of following him because of his powerful quirk.

You were the first ever person he would call a true friend.

And now, that platonic feelings had developed into something more, but Bakugou was quite not ready to tell you yet. However, one day when the right time comes, he promised he would tell you his true feelings.

For the time being, he's contented with just being friends.

Standing beneath the giant tree that had grown so much in the past ten years, today's encounter with Tomura Shigaraki was still fresh in your mind. After the exchange with him, you came to a realization.

You're now all alone in this world.

The place that you once called home no longer welcomed you when you chose to walk out from the League of Villains. You also weren't sure where exactly your real family was now. Last you heard, they moved out of the town you were born in and had a new daughter to replace the one they lost before.

Plopping onto the soft grass, you pulled your knees to your chest as your arms wrapped around your legs with your chin resting on your kneecaps. A sense of loneliness surrounded you, causing you to shiver even though it was a warm night.

Bakugou frowned when he saw your state. He crouched down to your height and gently nudged your shoulders, asking softly, "Hey, is everything alright? If you're worried about that villain bastard, he can't harm you anymore because I'm here."

You let out a chuckle, shaking your head at Bakugou's cute but protective nature. Facing him with a small smile, you answered, "It's not about that, Katsuki-kun. It's just that I've been thinking and realized something."

The blonde settled down on the ground next to you, his legs crossed. "What is it?"

Throwing yourself backwards, your back landed with a soft thud and crossed your arms behind your head. You glanced up at the night sky where barely a few stars twinkled no thanks to the bright city lights.

Bakugou waited patiently for you to gather your thoughts before you replied to his question. "I realized that I'm alone in this world now."

"What do you mean?" Blonde brows furrowed in confusion, not understanding your words.

"The people who raised me for the past ten years no longer cared for me, my own biological family probably doesn't even remember me anymore. Our class acts like my friends but deep down I know they hate my guts because of my villain status."

You lifted a hand as though reaching for the moon that was bathing the earth in a silvery glow.

"In fact, you're the only person I have in my life now. However, sooner or later, you'll leave me like everyone in my life does."

The lifted hand fell limply onto your face, covering your eyes as you cried yet your lips were still curled into a smile as though you were fooling yourself that you were okay with it, but in actuality, you're not.

Your sobs filled the air, standing out in the silence of the park.

Soon, the tears died down and sobs turned to sniffles. You removed your arm and came face-to-face with Bakugou who had the softest smile on his face. The moment you pushed yourself into an upright position, his hand reached up to wipe off the tears.

Even when there was no more left, his hand remained and caressed your cheek which you found yourself leaning into his touch. His other hand was at the back of your head as he brought your head forward so that both yours and his foreheads were touching each other.

His fingers twirled themselves around your hair, his eyes boring into yours. You found yourself captivated by the rawness of the emotions swimming in those red orbs.

"It may be true that the villains who raise you no longer care about you and we don't know for sure where your real family is but doesn't mean you're alone in this world." His breath brushed against your lips, causing you to shiver involuntarily. "You still have our classmates who I'm sure doesn't hate you and is starting to see you as one of theirs."

Bakugou paused, letting all that sink you into your mind before continuing. "Even if no one wants you, I'm still here and I'm not going anywhere. Besides, you can't get rid of me that easily."

A shaky laugh escaped your lips at the blonde's words and you were feeling a hundred times better. Looking into those eyes that you had come to associate as home, you replied, "Thank you, Katsuki-kun."

"No problem."

That night, both of you stayed in the park where both of you spent your younger days to watch the sunrise the next day.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

1.4M 43.3K 26
"She's changed a lot since you last saw her," Bakugo's mother spoke. He shrugged. Mitsuki turned to look at him. "How does it make you feel?" She ask...
103K 2.4K 31
Bakugou Katsuki and (y/n) (l/n) hate each other. How could she love an arrogant bully, and how could he love a head strong oblivious dope. After Baku...
297K 8.1K 21
"Hey, let's be friends!" "Tch, why would I be friends with you?" "Aw come on! Who else would want to be friends with you with a temper like yours?" ...
53.2K 1.5K 15
Saeki Atsuhi's dream has always been to become a fearless hero who can save people with a smile. And at last, her dream is coming true! As she begins...