Dark Shadows (#1 of Dark Shad...

Av IrelandBCook

The man on the throne abruptly stood up, his dark black eyes shining with an untammed flame, one that turned... Mer

Chapter 0: One Fateful Night
Chapter 1: Voices In The Night
Chapter 2: Home In The Darkness
Chapter 4: Home Sweet Home?
Chapter 5: Reunion
Chapter 6: Cerberus The Puppy
Chapter 7: Hallows Eve Ball-Part 1
Chapter 8: Hallows Eve Ball-Part 2
Chapter 9: Monster In Disguised
Chapter 10: "Nothing Happened"
Chapter 11: Katherine
Chapter 12: Be The One
Chapter 13: "No One Believes Me"
Chapter 14: Hecate
Chapter 15: Trouble In The Darkness
Chapter 16: Haunted Memories
Chapter 17: Thoughts
Chapter 18: The Truth
Little Author's Note (Sorry)
Chapter 19: Spell
Chapter 20: Eyes Are Windows To The Soul
Chapter 21: Persephone
Chapter 22: Ghosts of the Past
Chapter 23: Soul
Chapter 24: Confession
Chapter 25: The Trial
SEQUEL?!?!?
Epilogue Pt. 1: Proposal
Epilogue Pt. 2: Wedding
Epilogue Pt. 3: Enemy
Soundtrack
Aesthetics
100K!!!
the future of Dark Shadows and the series

Chapter 3: God Of The Underworld

12.2K 306 31
Av IrelandBCook

The god sat on his towering throne, sending the souls of the dead into their proper resting places. Most were children and women who had died under brutal deaths, and with the flick of his wrist, their souls were sent to Elysium.

It was truly rare for souls to be sent to Elysium. Most souls tended to be sent to the Asphodel Meadows as their souls were both good and bad, not one side dominating the other.

Elysium was the afterlife for the heroes when the gods had first reigned. It was a place where one's soul could reside in paradise without work for eternity. As the eons came and went, no one would devote themselves to the ancient gods as humans were now inventing technologies, so the god of death decided to have the innocent placed in Elysium.

Most of the innocent souls that were guided to Elysium were of children and women who died of brutal deaths by the hands of man. There was the occasional soul of a man who live his life good without sin, but again, it was rare.

Then there was Tartarus, the deepest region of his kingdom. Souls of the wicked were condemned and sent there to be punished. It was a nine day fall to Tartarus, never knowing when the nine says were up. It was the anticipation that made the souls go made.

As the last round of souls came and went, the god was finally alone in the throne room.

Since Persephone's passing, it was times when all of his duties were completed and he sat on his kingly throne, that he truly felt alone.

The eons of loneliness had taken its toll on the god. Each day, more and more souls came and went and he was aching for her touch. His duties grew and grew, times where even he couldn't finish them all, and having a companion would help significantly.

He had no idea what it was about with the human girl asleep in his chambers that made his frozen heart want to beat. He had remembered her elder sister when she had passed. He had thought that they were identical sisters, but they indeed there was a two year gap between the girls.

Unlike the human girl, her sister was the type that made heads of the opposite sex turn with her curvious frame. But he had felt nothing towards the sister.

He asked her if she remembers how she died, and she told him that she couldn't recall; she couldn't even recall her own family. It was normal for souls to not remember their death. With time, she would come to remember.

That was five years ago. Now, she lives eternity in the fields of Elysium as she awaits for her family.

"Sir," the old man Charos said, his usually quiet voice booming in the large throne room. "All souls have been transported."

"Good," the god spoke, his voice husky. "How is the girl?"

"She is still asleep, but I suspect she will wake shortly."

"Have someone bring her to me when she wakes."

Charos bowed his head at his master. "Sir, if I may ask?" He looked at the fearless god, who motioned for him to continue. "Is the human girl to replace Lady Persephone? You visited her twice my lord, and even brought her to the Underworld--"

Before Charos can finish his sentence, a loud, piercing scream filled the throne room.

The god was quick to stand from his throne and towards his chambers. Chanos stayed behind, watching his masters retreating back.

The old man was curious as to why the lord had an interest in the girl. She was a mere human, she would see her death eventually and arrive here, then the lord could do want he pleased to her soul. But he instead did what he had done with Persephone all those eons ago and took her. Chanos knew that the girl had wished for death since the murder of her sister, and even before that fateful night five years ago. He had heard her prayers and had even considered influencing a human. After all, he was the angel of the dead. But he didn't, as he knew his lord wanted the girl to be alive.

The old man sighed before evaporating into black smoke before he was dragged into the madness.

~~~~

Katherine had awoken in a fright, having a short lived nightmare. She had dreamt that she was staring over her own dead body, the blood oozing from numerous wounds in her body, her blue foggy eyes staring back at her. Katherine was frozen solid as she continued to stare at her own dead body, and she never realized that there was a man, a very dangerous man behind her, taking joy in her fright. It was she was about to see the man behind her was when she woke up in a daze.

As her mind started to come clearer, she realized that she was not in her room at home. Instead, she was in a massive bedroom chamber. The decor was dark with Gothic archs in the ceiling, elegant black painted walls, and leather furniture that was wore from use. She laid in a massive king sized bed with a canopy above her, it too was black. The covers under her fingers were velvety soft, it was as if she was laying on a cloud.

"Where am I," she asked herself. She got off the bed, with much difficulty, and looked around the chamber. It was truly beautiful, it was as if she was in a Gothic church. It looked like a man's room as the colors were more dark and closed in, but still classy and elegant.

She noticed that she was wearing different clothing from before. Instead of her favorite hoodie and jeans, she now wore a crisp white feminie toga with a gold belt with leaves and flowers craved into the metal. Her hair still felt knotted and tangled. She also was barefoot.

The worse scenarios ran through Katherine's mind: she was kidnapped and was either in her capture's home or a Gothic brothal. Neither sounded pleasent. She looked around for a door too see a massive door in the far corner. She ran to it and yanked on the handle, only for it to be locked. She immediately felt panic course through her as she cried hot tears and opened her mouth and let out a blood cruddling scream.

All of the pent up fears and paranioa had finally broke her as now, she was kidnapped and held hostage. She wondered if she would ever see her parents again. Despite the ways they chose to grieve, Katherine still loved them, and she wished she told them if she knew she would never see them again.

Suddenly, the door opened, knocking her on her butt, to reveal a very handsome man in front of her. He was a tall and muscular figure with broad shoulders and a toned body. He had black hair that went to his ears and curled at the ends and pale skin from not being out in the sun. He wore a black business suit under a black velvet rope. And his eyes... No matter how much Katherine wanted to look away, she couldn't. The man had pitch black eyes, almost soulless, that seemed to glow with an untammed fire, a fire that culd destroy everything in its wake.

"You are awake," he simply said.

Kathrine got up from the floor and stood as far away from the man. Though he was very much attractive, he could very well be the man that killed her sister and kidnapped her. She knew that this man was not to be trusted. Even if he wasn't Namie's killer, he was dangerous. The calm and silent ones are the deadliest.

Katherine didn't bother to answer, not even a simple nod. The man looked irritated by her childish actions, but tried keeping himself calm.

Looking at her this close, the god wondered how this human got to him. She was small for her age and didn't have the body of a mature woman. But wasn't it her childlike looks that drawn him in? Her innocence, her naivity?

"Please, follow me," the god said as he turned around to walk out of his chambers. When he noticed that she hadn't followed him, he grew annoyed and asked her to follow him.

Katherine didn't want to follow the man. For all she knew, he was taking her to a soundproof room to torture her and kill her. But if that was the case, why did he bother and change her out of her wet clothes.

She hesitantly followed him, which the god snuck in a ghost of a smile while she wasn't looking.

Katerine followed her captur into a massive throne like room. A row of white columns on each side of the aisle with several rows of church pews on either side. Up ahead was a platform where a large black throne sat. Katherine marbled at the sight. It was made of black crystals that was chiseled into the form of a throne with gorgeous red rubies in the armrests. She had never seen such a throne made. This man, whoever he was, was obviously wealthy and didn't care for others to marble.

The man went up to the platform and sat at the throne, leaning back in a relax but dominate stature. His aura was powerful, one to keep all eyes on him and him alone. Katherine stood at the bottom of the platform, looking up at the god. She felt smaller as he sat there on the crystal throne.

"Now," the man's voice boomed in the large room. His voice shook Katherine's insides. "I'm sure you're wondering as to where you are and why you're here." Katherine nodded. "Well, I am the Greek god Hades, God of the Underworld. You are here in my palace as I've had a slight interest in you, human. I can't explain it, but you've intrigued me, and as such, I wanted you to come live with me here."

Katherine was silent, her mind reeling. But suddenly, she laughed. She laughed so hard that she had to support herself on her knees. The Greek god was extremely annoyed by her reaction. He had imagined her trying to run in fright from him, not to laugh at his feet like he escaped the pysch ward.

After a few moments, Katherine sobered up and looked up at the extremely irritated god. Her good mood soon disappeared.

The man on the throne abruptly stood up, his dark black eyes shining with an untammed flame, one that turned everything into embers. He had no patience with those who dare mock him. He was a god, a very powerful god. It was obvious that this powerful man did not like those who spoke back or laughed at, espeically by a small human girl like the one in front of him.

The human girl felt the anger radiate off the man and started to run towards the entrance she came from, only to suddenly feel arms wrap around her waist, crushing her against a very solid chest. She opened her mouth to yell, but a strong hand covered her mouth.

"You are a fiesty little girl." It was evident that the man was smirking in his voice; he was enjoying her fear. "Now, I do not want to punish you so early. So please, be the good girl that you are and be quiet. Not that screaming will do you any good; you are in the Underworld, after all. I do not like being made a laughing stock, especially by a mere human like yourself. You will soon see that anyone that pushes my patience will suffer, and trust me; I can make your afterlife miserable. Do you want that, little girl?"

Katherine didn't realize that a mere laugh would make him so angry. At that moment, she did believe that this man was indeed a god, God of the Dead at that. She had read the little mythology they had on the god, and she knew what he was capable of.

She stopped thrishing in his arms, and relucantly, Hades removed his hand from her waist and mouth. "Now was that so hard? Now come, I would like to show you your new home."

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

91.7K 2.4K 11
Greek mythology. A retelling of the goddess Persephone's story. Persephone is a young, beautiful but insecure goddess. Her father Zeus arranged her m...
2.3K 135 11
Apricity: (noun) The warmth of the sun in winter *✧・゚: *✧・゚: In the midst of wars, prophecies, and destinies, a group of children fight to survive on...
37.9K 1.7K 86
"Jealous?" "Why would I be?" "Because I know your fantasies." He argued. I leaned closer to him, smelling his overwhelming scent. "And I'm appalled...
32.2K 533 36
We all know the story of how Hades's kidnapped Persephone from her mother and his sister Demeter, brought her to the Underworld and tricked her by ea...