Imagination is the key (stefa...

By GiBbErZz

Lillie Gilbert-like any given person, didnt believe in the supernatural...Until she found herself home. In My... More

Imagination is the key
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chaoter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chopter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
chapter thirty :)
Chapter Thirty Two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty-four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thrity eight
thirty nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter forty One
Chapter Forty-Two
chapter forty-three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six.
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine.
Chapter Fifty.
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four.
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixy-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty Three.
Chapter Sixy-Four.
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight.
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven.
Chapter Seventy-Eight.
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eight Four.
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six

chapter thirty-one

3.3K 64 8
By GiBbErZz

heeeey guisssss :D sorry it's been soo long!,! Here's a exteemely long chapter. this chpater is based in london where we get to meet the character Hollee better and the  after this chapter the story is back on to the original plotline. starting season2 episode 1 :D

I would love it if you guisss would tell me how you are liking my story and what you like! mucn love ♡♥

The door was pushed open wide and Hollee came fully into view a grin lighting up her features.

"Are you kidding?" She scoffed jokingly before she came forward and embraced me tightly. I laughed, dropped my bag to the floor and wrapped my arms around her. I hadn't seen Hollee in a while, I had tried to drop contact with her when my parents had died, not wanting to have to explain to anymore people what happened or even just tell her that they were dead. But being here and seeing her again, I realised just how much I had missed her.

I tightened my arms around her. "I missed you." I mumbled into her shoulder.

"Missed you too."

We both pulled away, smiled at each other and then the first thing she did was scan her eyes over my clothing.Typical Hollee. I thought to myself. She hummed and nodded.

"Not bad. This is actually great compared to some of the things hanging in your wardrobe." She complimented. Or tried to.

Hollee was very serious about fashion...or maybe it was just my lack of fashion, but she was alway scrutinizing what I wore and it wasn't to be mean and purposly point out how bad it looked or how it could be improved, it was because of the way she had been raise. Hollee was loaded, I mean she could fill rooms to the roof with Money, and she had to spend her share on something, right? And she chose clothes. And I have to admit i would definatly do the same thing.

I bent down and picked up my bag, and threw it over my shoulder. Hollee moved out of the way and gestured me to come in. Once I was in the room Hollee closed the door behind me and moved to sit down crossed legged facing me on her bed. I gave her a smile and gently threw my bad in the corner of the room.

"How've you been?" I asked sympathetically. I knew she probably didn't want to talk about this but, I needed to know how she was doing and how she was handling the situation.

"Better." She replied bluntly.

"C'mon, Hollee, Talk to me." I said pleadingly. I manuvored around Hollee's things and sat next to her on the bed. She turned to me, eyes hard and I knew that she was hurt and angry.

"What do you want me to say?" She demanded. "That I've been kicked out of my own house? That I think my family have disowned me and want nothing to do with me?"

I was silent. I didn't know what to say. What do you say to that? 

I looked down at my lap, twisting my fingers together. "I'm sorry, Hollee."

She sighed next to me and then bumped her shoulder against mine. "Nah, I'm sorry. It's just that I-I'm so angry at them."

I looked up and over at her, bumping her shoulder this time. "It's okay to be angry at them, what they did isn't right."

Hollee opened her mouth to reply but the shrill of my phone cutt her off. My eyes widened, everyone it could be flashing through my mind. I let it continue to ring in my pocket for a few moments and Hollee looked at me expectantly. I sighed, closed my eyes tighly and fished my phone out of my jeans pocket. Please don't be someone who'll yell. I mentally begged.

I glanced down at the caller ID and immediatly rejected it. Damon.

I also noticed that i had a load of missed calls from everyone. Elena, Caroline, Jeremy, Stefan, but the majority was from Damon. I wasn't sure whether he was phoning me because he know's i've left of because of the other night. Either way he was the one person I really didn't want to talk to right now.

"Are you alright?" Hollee questioned next to me. 

I forced a smile, hoping to avoid having to explain to her that I was probabaly going to be classed as a missing person within the next twenty-four hours in Mystic Falls. Maybe leaving without an explaination was a bad idea. 

"Yeah, I'm totally fine, just someone I'm trying to avoid." I replied, tossing my phone onto the bedside table.

Again the phone rang. I didn't even glance at it this time just kept my eyes on Hollee, although the longer the ringing continues the tighter my jaw clenches and my eyes narrow.

Hollee raised an eyebrow. "Who are you trying to avoid that bloody badly?"

I pursed my lips. "Ya know, this...Person?"

"Person? Wanna be a bit more descriptive?"

I shook my head. "Eh, it wouldn't interest you. Petty teenage drama."

The phone rang again and Lillie shot up. "I need the toilet." She stated through clenched teeth and marched into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her. 

Way to make Hollee feel left out of the loop. Lillie thought to herself. 

I walked over to the sink and looked into the mirror above. My eyes darting to my smooth neck, still expecting to see at least one bite mark. 

My phone was still ringing and I was going to lose it soon. I wish I could just turn the stupid thing off. But I didn't want them to think i was purposely ignoring them. If I keep it on, they might think that i've lost it somewhere...Hopefully.

The ringing stopped and mumbling on the otherside of the bathroom door began. I cocked my head to the side, trying to listen to who was talking and what was being said. The only thing that I could make out was Hollee's voice. I took a big sigh and straightened myself up.

I walked over to the door and pulled it open, Hollee was already facing me, her posture stiff, annoyed and confused...My phone in her hand.

Her eyes narrowed at me and held my phone out towards me.

"There's a random guy insisting that he speaks to you. By the way, I think he may have kidnapped your aunt Jenna." Hollee stated, hopefully jokingly.

I reached forwards reluctantly and snagged the phone from her hand. Glanced down at the caller ID. Aunt Jenna.

A guy was using aunt Jenna's phone?

I put the phone to my ear. "...Hello?" 

"Lillie, Where the hell are you?" Damon's voice growled angrily through the phone.

My body stiffened and images of that night ghosted through my mind. "Damon?" I squeaked out.

"Where. Are. You?" He repeated demandingly.

"I-Im, ya know, with Caroline?" I asked, accidentally phrasing it like a question. I mentally face-palmed myself. I'm going to be in so much trouble. I thought sadly to myself. 

Damon scoffed on the end of the phone. "With Caroline? Really? Because Caroline actually came to me asking if I'd seen you over the last two days."

I bite my bottom lip. "I've -er- gotta go...Things to d-"

"Don't you dare hang up on me, Lillie. Now tell me where you are." His hissed. His voice was cold and very angry.

"I'm sorry. Bye." I blurted, immediatly hanging up on him.

I release a heavy breath and almost sagged in relief that, that was over. I switched my phone off quickly before he could ring me back...Or anyone for that fact.

I clutched the phone tightly in my hands and held it close to my chest as I thought over the punishment i was going to have to endure when i returned home.

"What've you done?" Hollee asked from where she hadn't moved. She looked at me, one eyebrow raised slightly higher than the other in question.

I pursed my lips and placed the phone back on the bedside table. I looked over at her and grimaced at what she was most likely going to say.

"Nothing?" I tried asking. wishing she would believe me but knowing full well that she wont.

"Now, it's you're turn to answer my questions."

"Fine," I huffed. "No one knows that i'm here. I didn't feel like i should tell anyone and just...left."

Hollee was silent and just observed me for a few moments. 

"Why?" She finally asked.

I shrugged. "They arent very willing to let me out of their sights at the moment, and I knew that they definatly wouldn't let me fly to another country, so I decided they didn't need to know."

There was no way that Hollee knew about my dissapearing act after my parents died and I didn't really want to explain that to her right now, so I tried as hard as i could to be brief, hoping she would except that and let the conversation move on.

Hollee licked her bottom lip and nodded, before her expression grew slightly annoyed. "Who was that Ignorant bloody arse on the phone?"

I chuckled in slight relief that she had changed the subject and because that was just such a typical Hollee insult. 

"His names Damon."

"And what's your situation with this Damon?"

"-Erm- Friends, I guess. Anyway we should probably go to your house tomorrow so that you can grab," I paused, my eyes skimming over the multiple electronic devices and clothing litering the room. "Some things. Although I can see you brought the necessities with you."

She grinned sheepishly. "Yeah that sounds good. If we go around lunch time, my mother and brother should be out, just leaving my father. I could probably sneak in around him. I've done it plenty of times before."

I nodded. "Yeah that sounds great, although you'd probably have to wake me up because i'm so having trouble with this time-zone stuff. I feel like i could sleep forever."

Hollee scoffed. "You always feel like that."

"Whatever." I retorted.

I stiffled a yawn.

"Pick a side." Holle said, gesturing to the bed.

I quickly got changed and slipped into the left side of the bed.

Hollee switched the light off and crawled in next to me. 

"I really did miss you, Hollee." I mumbled before quickly falling asleep.

"

"Lillie." Somone sang in my ear. I groaned loudly and fumbled around for a pillow. I grabbed one and chucked it in the direction of Holle, reaching again for one to pull over my head.

"Leave me alone." I mumbled, my words and voice muffled my the pillow.

"C'mon get up, lazy bum."

"No." I pulled the pillow and duvet closer.

"I guess i'll just have to turn you phone on and let everyone know just where you are." Holle taunted. Her weight dissapearing from the bed and I stayed frozen and hidden. Not sure whether to believe that she would actually go through with this.

My inner question was answered my a constant pinging sound echoed around the room. I bolted upright, my eyes finding Holle stood on the other side of the room, my phone in her hand and a grin plastered across her face. 

"Damon seems to be really worried about you and so does someone called Stefan. I mean, seriously, I don't think i've ever seen so many texts in one go before."

"Give me that." I demanded, holding my hand out to her.

She shook her head. "Nope. Get up. Ooh this one sounds interesting. 'Lillie, where are you? We're worried and I mis-"

"Stop! Give it back...Please." I begged, throwing the duvet off of me and clambering to my feet.

She gave me a triumphant smile and tossed my phone to me. "You should really read those." She said before walking into the bathroom.

"It's times like these I wonder why I missed you at all!" I called loudly after her.

I changed out of my pjs and into a clean pair of clothes.

Hollee strode back into the room, hair in her hands trying to pin it up. "Ready?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yep."

"Okay, let me just grab something and we can go." 

"Sure."

We pulled up to Hollee's house and I still can't help but be amazed although I shouldn't be considering the amount of times i've visited. Hollee parked the car and i noticed she was right. Her mothers car wasn't here. She turned to me and sighed.

"Would you be okay waiting out here for me. I wont be long."

I smiled. "Yeah sure. Try not to get caught."

Hollee laughed. "Like that's going to happen."

I shrugged. "You never know."

"Don't jinx me." 

I shook my head. A encouraging smile on my face. "You'll be fine."

Hollee returned the smile and got out of the car.

I hadn't been waiting in the car all of that long before Holle emurged from the front door, two suitcased in hand. I got out of the car and opened the boot helping her shoving them inside. She didn't say anything, just got back into the drivers seat. I was worried. I got back in the car and she drove off.

"Are you okay?" I asked hesitantly.

A sad smile appeared on her lips. "I saw my dad."

My mouth opened and closed. I didn't know what to say. "Oh."

"He doesn't hate me." She whispered almost to herself, like she was trying to convince herself that it was true.

I decided to stay silent and leave her to the thoughts she seemed to be lost in. 

It didn't take that long to return back to the hotel and go up to her room.

I walked in behind her and closed the door. "What are you doing?" I asked as i watched her packing up her things lying around the room.

She paused and looked over at me and stood up straight. "I'm sorry I must have forgotten to tell you yesterday."

I took a step closer. "Tell me what?" I questioned suspisiously.

Hollee turned back around and continued to fit her laptop into her bag. " Our plane leaves in two hours."

I chocked. "I-I'm sorry, what? I thought I just heard you say that we're suposed to be on a plane in two hours."

"I did."

"And you forgot to tell me?"

"Yeah sorry about that. It must have flew right off of my mind." She apologised lightly.

I shook my head. "I thought I was the one who did things like that."

Hollee glanced over at me. "Oh it is...And i'm blaming this on you too, you made me forget." She replied jokingly.

I pretended to be offended by that comment and then shrugged. "I can live with that."

Getting off of the plane was harder than I remember it being, and busier too. I wasn't a big fan of people and Airports were full of them. I let Hollee lead the way and I followed straight behind her. I had a grip of the bottom of her shirt tightly in my fist so that I didn't loose her in the crowd. She threw an amused grin over her shoulder at me and I rolled my eyes.

Once we had gotten out of the large crowd and over to the the luggage drop-off. 

Hollee turned to me. "How are we getting back to yours?"

I knew this was coming and was dreading it. "I give someone a call and see if that can pick us up."

Hollee nodded. "Okay, you do that now and i'll try and grab my things."

"I'll be over there. " I said, pointing over to the wall that was out of everyone's way and slightly quieter.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket -ignoring all the missed calls and text messages i scrolled through my cotacts. 

Aunt Jenna. 

 No way. I'll leave her till later to deal with.

Bonnie.

She's probably with Elena.

Caroline.

She'll ask way to many questions and is probabaly mad at me for using her as my cover story.

Damon.

Not a chance. Avoiding him at all costs.

Elena.

Sureeee, If i want to be grounded for life and maybe tied up with a dog lead.

Jeremy.

Nope, can't even drive yet...I don't think.

That only really left me with Stefan and that did seem like my best option. I clicked on his name and pressed dial.

It began to ring and I just hoped that he actually picked up for me.

"Lillie. Where have you been? Do you know how worried everyone has been over the last couple of days?" Stefan asked as soon as he answered the phone. His voice was strained and the guilt i'd been trying to push back was coming forth.

"I'm sorry, Stefan, but it was important. I had to go."

"Where?" He asked.

I listened carfully and could hear a lot of chattering in the background.

"Where are you?" I asked curiously.

"The grill."

"Is Damon there?"

The other end of the phone was silent for a few moments before Stefan sighed. "Yeah and he's looking right at me, he can hear you."

I closed me eyes tightly and huffed. "Can you go somewhere he can't hear me, I need to ask you something."

Shuffled sounded though the phone, a door slammed shut and then the chattering voices stopped. "He can't hear either of us now. What do you need?"

"Can you come and pick me and a friend up from the airport, please."

"Airport?" He questioned.

"Yeah. I -erm- may or may not have gone to england." I replied sheepishly.

"Lillie! And you didn't let anyone know?!" Stefan exclaimed loudly.

"Shhh, Damon might still be able to hear you, and if you're telling me off then he's going to feel the need to tell me off."

"You went to England, Lillie. A different country and nobody knew."

"Okay, I get that everyone is going to be angry with me but can you tell me off when you've picked us up?"

"I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Thank you, Stefan." I said gratefully.

Hollee and I were waiting out side of the airport for the last 45 minutes. I knew that it was going to take a while for Stefan to get here but I was impatient and grewing bored quickly.

Hollee nudged me and nodded over to a blue convertable, Stefan was just getting out of the passenger side.

His green eyes scanning over the mass of people looking for me and a smile lit up my face.

"Stefan!" I called, getting his attention. He smiled at me, although I could tell that it was strained at he was still extremely angry with me.

He walked up to us and his eyes observed Holle questioningly.

"Stefan, this is Hollee," I waved my arm infront of her and then infront of Stefan. "Hollee, this is Stefan, Damon's brother."

Hollee threw me a questioning glance. "The ignorant bloody ass, ring any bells?"

Her eyes lit up with recognision and chuckled. "Ah, I rememeber," She turned to Stefan. "Nice to meet you, Stefan."

Stefan nodded to her and and smiled. "The pleasure's mine."

He reached for her bags. "Let me help you with those."

Hollee protested but Stefan insisted. "It's fine, Hollee, I've got it."

All three of us walked over to the car, Stefan carrying Hollee's luggage and us just carrying our smaller bags. Stefan managed to fit all threee suitcased into the boot and close it.

Hollee lent over and whispered to me. "Well, I much prefer him to his brother."

My eyes were trained on Stefan and I watched the corners of his mouth twitch upwards at Hollee's words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.6K 649 49
Rosalie Gilbert is the non-identical twin of Elena Gilbert. She has been away at a boarding school in Washington for a year, and has come back to sta...
7K 132 45
Nevaeh Gilbert, sister to Elena Gilbert, she is loving and caring Gilbert. Will she fall in love with Stefan or Damon.
921K 24.1K 45
When Jennifer Fell gets the worst news of her life, she is faced with a decision. Can she stay in Mystic Falls and take over her father's position on...
71.5K 1.6K 64
Eva Gilbert has spent her entire life having fun with her best friend and twin sister Elena in Mystic Falls, a small town in Virginia where nothing b...