Maya's Diary √

By Cheeahmahkah002

[#1st in the Everlast Awards 3/12/2019] [#3rd in Beliefs 5/12/2019] [#5th in Beliefs 28/12/2018] [#13th in th... More

Maya Anderson
Daniel Bryant
Tess Montes
Allie Patel
Jack Dushey
Mr. Anderson
Mrs. Anderson
Principal Rowlings
Mrs. Heather
Coach Ryan
Scott Richardson
Oliver Mitch
Jerome Valendoff
Mrs. Banks
Mia Turner
Kira Silva
Abigail Shippman
Moe and Curly
Lisa Anderson
Sofia Bryant
Patricia Gustavo
Andrew Johnson
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Vote for a cover! Cover 1
Vote for a cover! Cover 2
Vote for a cover! Cover 3

Chapter Eight

89 20 97
By Cheeahmahkah002

Friday had arrived... So swiftly that one could easily suggest it over ran it's usual speed..

"Alright! This question is for five points. For all the cheese, This quote, is from what document.

We hold this evidence that all men are created equal, fair and unafraid of....." Mrs. Heather dictated holding a thin piece of paper and just before she could finish, Tess rose her hand up to reply. It was Friday and every Friday, Quizzes were organised on American History, such as this.

Maya had been on the same team as Tess and Allie, which seemed to be topping.

"Tess," Mrs. Heather called out. Demonstrating with her hand, for her answer.

"The Decoration of the Independence," Tess said fingers crossed.

"That is..... Correct! Five points to team A. Nice Work." Mrs. Heather announced, amidst cheers from the apparent Team A. Just then, Principal Rowlings came in cloaked in a three pieced suit and a red tie. Probably one of his best, so far. It looked like he was fully prepared for the evening. He had come to address the excited class, who couldn't seem to get a grip from much thoughts of the event.

"See you all this evening. I will be the chaperone of today's event. Meaning, No loopholes, or smart attack, a meter rule distance, I would have made it two feet but that would have made me a weird Principal wouldn't it? No staying alone... No... "

Alright, can he just get a grip from his paranoia, it's uncalled for...

He gave a long list of dos and don'ts, for the night's event. No one was to be trusted, according to him.

⭐⭐⭐

Maya left the class after an announcement, that seemed to have taken forever. She held her books on both hands, until a shot from a ball crashed all her books, that were arranged in a neat pile. The unequal force between the books and her balance made her slip too.

The football that did the job rolled over, after a job well done.

"Oh my! I'm so sorry. It wasn't intentional." The voice could be heard from few feet behind. Whoever did that, must have been running over to offer an apology.

Yeah of course. I didn't expect it to be, but now, I'm covered in dirt and some students took the pictures of my fall. Just the perfect shot for the School's headline.

"Hey! It's you again... Maya is it?" It was Daniel.

You have got to be kidding me right? I'm supposed to go out with you this night and you don't even know my name?... Play along Maya, Play Along.

"Yes I'm Maya. You must be Daniel right? Not so sure of your name either," She said faking a toothed smile.

"Yeah... Sorry about the little accident." He apologized.

"It's fine," She said. She meant her word. He spoke so freely and occasionally used his hands to emphasize. He smiled at intervals and it made Maya wonder..

Now I see what Tess meant by 'Girls could kill to be with him' Girls though... Not just me. This is the treatment I'm getting free. I mean look at his eyes, so sparkly. Even with the thousands of perspiration beads that rolled through, he still looks that good. Focus Maya! You have to make it look like you follow what he's saying.

She had lost track indeed and only when he laughed, that she remembered to laugh too.

"So what do you think?" He asked.

"Fantastic story, I learned a lot."

"There was no story," He stopped to laugh.

"I asked a question. Would you accompany me to the dance?" He asked with sheer clarity

Of course... If only you knew what Tess was going to do to make that possible... I will only say yes though.

"Yes," She replied with a smile. And she did.

That evening was tiresome. She was trying to figure out the perfect match and Lisa didn't seem to help out, as she only selected Pink regardless of whatever cloth it was; Was it a pajamas, Shorts, Gowns she didn't care. Just Pink.

I need Tess.

"You look gorgeous. See for yourself," Tess commented, taking her to the dressing mirror. She did look gorgeous. A glittering red long gown that encircled her feet.

Why didn't I think of this before?

"Yaay! You look amazing big Sis," Lisa said, giving her sister a thumbs up in affirmation.

You are still here? Now shuu the bigger ladies are about to talk.

"Thanks Lis. I hear something downstairs. It seems like they have begun Pitty Patty's adventure. Go check," Maya said.

"Pitty Patty!" Lisa exclaimed, running down the stairs.

"So you aren't dressed?" Maya asked swirling, around her dress.

"I have a board meeting to attend to." Tess said cuffing her uniform.

"So what's the plan again?" Maya asked.

"You just go to the party and Daniel comes over then you start talking. But, I can promise an hour of holding down Scott. Then I'll handle Allie.... After 9'o clock, you excuse yourself and meet me in the gymnasium... Simple." Tess said adjusting her tie.

"How exactly are you going to hold up Allie?" 

"I have a Plan," Tess replied with a smirk.

"Well then, if you say so. How can I ever pay you back?" Maya asked, not meaning much of what she said.

"We are friends right? And friends help each other, but there is something you can help me with. You see, I attend Judo classes on Saturdays and I need you to help babysit my brothers, while you are at my place for a Spanish lesson with my Nona." Tess said.

"You're kidding me right? You are the Judo expert, yet you couldn't control them. What makes you think I'm the chosen one?" Maya asked, wide eyed.

"Because you are. They aren't that bad. They just need to be understood," Tess replied, holding Maya's shoulders. She was much taller than Maya, so her hands leaned on them as a method of emphasis, not support.

It was Seven already and Maya had indicated her leaving. Her mum drove her to school while she recalled all she had discussed with Tess. She was to avoid contact with Scott and as the case may be, Allie.

It all seemed like a story of the Modern Cinderella.

⚫⚪⚫⚪

Where on earth is the Daniel? I have just an hour to talk to you.

"Hey, Maya!" Daniel had startled her. He had his hair roughly combed with his fingers. He shone of glamour on his carefully sorted out black suit. Probably, that was the way Maya chose to see it. The entire hall, reflected black, red and white. It was the apparent dress code.

"Hey," Maya replied, subtly.

"You look- " Daniel began.

"Don't tell me. I know. I look mesmerized with anxiety and incomprehensible paranoia," She blurted out.

Daniel chuckled slightly, scratching his forehead, he replied.

"I was going to say, you look Ravishingly exquisite." He had fully recovered and had his cast removed. Though when asked on that note, he would say he experienced a slight pain and indicated where...

Meanwhile, Tess had been in the school hallway waiting for the unsuspecting Scott. Luckily, he arrived.

"Hey Scott, you look nice," She commented.

"Yeah, I know. I'm aware. Kindly excuse me I'm the reason for this celebration." He said, Speedily of course. It was involuntary.

"You have been negligent of your duties as the Students BVP. I bet you didn't even know we have a meeting." 

"Board meeting on an awards night? You must think I'm a kid," He replied turning to leave, when all of a sudden,

"Ah! My ankle! I sprained my ankle because of you. Now, you will have to the clinic," She replied soothing her right ankle.

"Tess really? I didn't even touch you."

"It's going to be ungentlemanly, if you leave me on the floor after spraining my ankle. Besides, the hasn't even fully begun." She replied still soothing it.

He had bent his head over, as he searchingly peeked into his wrist watch and seeing he still had some time to spare, he lifted her into his arms, then took her to the School's clinic and when she hadn't allowed him to leave, in the cover of being gentlemanly, he waited for her ankle to be dressed by the School's health attendant.

She also took Allie's new dress. The same, that was gotten the day before that day, for the event. So with this, she had successfully held them both and looked forward to Nine O'clock.

Maya had however a lot of things with Daniel and even at some point, he talked football. Although Maya was disinterested, she dared not let her face tell that.

She felt bad for Scott though; for ditching him. He was nice and checked up on her. But she wasn't ready to risk such an opportunity.

"Meter rule please. Move back." Principal Rowlings had indicated, speaking to Daniel to take a step backward and he did.

There goes my Principal.

Mrs Heather had also passed their path, taking down notes. It had happened all too soon and fast, but it was nine already and Maya knew she had to leave...

Just then, Allie walked in with a head towel and a robe. She walked straight to where Maya and Daniel stood.

"I know you took my dress, just to be with Daniel, but I'll deal with that later."  Now turning to Daniel, she continued.

"If you are going to ditch me for a newbie, At least you should know that she's word blind, Dyslexic. I guess she didn't tell you that did she? Well of course she wouldn't. I bet she cannot even see her own name if it's written." She replied. Jealousy welling up within her. The whole school, turned towards the budding commotion.

Maya ran out, soaking her face in tears and left for her home. Daniel tried chasing after her, but lost track of her direction.
After a few minutes of uproar, what had to be done, had to be done; The Awards.
Scott and Tess walked in and just in time for the awards.

"Tess saved the day," Tess said, beaming with self appraisal.

"Or not?...." She added, when she realized what had happened.

"Tess, I need you to talk to Maya. Tell her I'm sorry for what happened." 

"The award for the most hardworking goes to our Amiable Student Body President Patricia Gustavo" Principal Rowlings began, as the audience clapped.

Of course it was expected. Everyone knew Patricia Gustavo was the most hardworking..

It had continued in that manner, for a while.

"The Best Dressed goes to Allie Patel... " She hopped from her seat, and went to receive her gift, still on her robe which was quite contradictory, in respect to the awards he received, but she did anyways...

"The Best Footballer of the Year goes to.... Actually the criterion, was on the Performance at the sporting Festival....

Just say it already, would you..
and it goes to Scott Richardson.."

Yeah Baby... In your face Daniel.

Though it had seemed like he had been sad, which he was indeed. Daniel's thoughts were far from the awards. He thought about Maya and felt sorry for her, Perhaps he could help...

"The School's King and Queen are respectfully Daniel Bryant and Maya Anderson"

They did look good together....

A couple of others did receive an award too. Coach Ryan had slid a piece of paper to the Principal, it did contain the three students to leave for the Scholarship to study in A Football Academy..
"Daniel Bryant
Scott Richardson
And Jack Dushey... "

Jack? Really... That guy can't even pass a ball to himself.

At exactly 10:12pm, the event was sadly drawn to a close

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

DREAMS IN THE SKY By

Teen Fiction

608 471 13
What are you willing to sacrifice for your dreams? We all have a goal, a dream or just something that we constantly look forward to, something that...
50.9K 2.2K 62
"Beauty can be a blessing or a...Curse. people who believe in Faith, soulmates and love are really lucky, because it's proves that they dream. They a...
2.2K 146 22
"What is she doing here?" "Oh Jaden, the way you talk, someone would think you own this entire neighborhood. " She's quiet,not very social and very ...
16.2K 2.2K 45
[Featured in Official Romance Reading List] [Featured in Official TeenFiction Reading List] [Featured in Official YA Reading List] [Featured in Offic...