The Arrangement | ✔️

By Phunmito

Kayla Andrews was living a simple life even as the daughter of one of the richest men in the society, she sti... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Author's Note
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
NOT AN UPDATE!!!
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue
THANK YOU!!
Bonus Chapter 1
BOOK COVERS
WINNER!!

Chapter 5

204K 6K 532
By Phunmito

The drive home was silent and even though my parents tried to make small talks with me, I quickly shut them up by giving them one word answers until they finally got the hint that I wasn't in the mood to talk to them. When we finally arrived at the front of our house, I was about to get out since no one seemed to want to do otherwise when my dad asked,

"So Kayla, how do you like Jason?"

"Oh, they just look so cute together. They're like a match made in heaven." My mum gushed which made me roll my eyes because they didn't even know the half of it.

"I think the wedding is going to be the best but the engagement is going to be sometime around next month since we're gonna be having people from outside the country-" My dad kept saying and that was when I finally lost it.

"Are you guys fucking kidding me right now!?" I swore in front of my parents but I could care less.

"Mind your language young lady!" my mum reprimanded me.

"Just stop it okay? Stop!" I said and got out of the car angrily.

"We're talking to you Kayla! You have no right to walk out on us!" My dad shouted after me and I let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Well do you expect a fucking award from me because you're the best parents in the world? Sorry to burst your bubble but you won't be getting that from me."

"Language Kayla!" My dad said his face already flushed with anger but I wasn't done yet.

"You know what dad? You need to drop this façade."

"What are you talking about?" he asked looking at me with a confused face

"I heard you guys! I heard you talking with his dad and I know the only reason I'm getting married is for the purpose of your business,you're making me get married to Jason who for the record fucking hates my guts more than I hate his but apparently you could care less because you're choosing your business over your own daughter's happiness. Thank you so much! It nice to know how much you all love me." I said the final sentence with my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"We're only doing what's best for you."

"By getting me married!?"

"Well you are the only daughter we had left."

"What the hell happened to Ella? She's not dead is she?" I said pointing to my sister who was sitting in the car with a guilty look on her face.

"Well honey, she's engaged." My mum said softly

"Oh really? I never knew." I answered sarcastically, "and what exactly am I?"

"Well you've never dated anyone since you and Tony ended it a long time ago." My mum said with a guilty look because she knew how low she had gone.

Everyone knew that that was still a sore subject for me and she just threw it at my face just like that.

"Low blow mum, even from you and I wonder whose fault that is anyway." I eyed them both and angrily walked into the house and up to my room.

I angrily got out of the beautiful but stupid dress (since I was so angry) and got into my oversized t-shirt and shorts which I loved so much.

I finally plopped down on my bed and then remembered what my dad said about the engagement being next month and then I realized that this month had just a week left for it to run out.

Great!

Just great!

My phone rang snapping me out of my thoughts and I didn't even bother looking at the screen.

"What!?" I said and immediately pitied the person on the other end of the phone

"Woah! What's got your panties in a twist?" my best friend replied immediately lifting my spirit. She was the only one who wouldn't betray me like my family did.

"I'm sorry Cami, I'm just not in a really in good mood right now."

"What happened babe? It was that lame ass dinner wasn't it?" she said suddenly turning serious and I laughed at how much my best friend knew me.

"You can say that again."

"Well, what happened?"

"Turns out the reason I'm getting married is for a business purpose."

"What do you mean?"

"The only reason I'm being forced to get married is because my father wants to merge his company with Jason's father's company?"

"Who's Jason?"

"My supposed husband."

"Oh my gosh! You mean Jason Anderson?" She asked excitedly.

"Yeah!" I answered her in a bored tone.

"Bitch! You're so lucky! He's the hottest bachelor like on the planet." She gushed and I was getting pissed that my best friend seemed to like him.

"No Cami! He's a total douche bag,an obnoxious one."

"Well, he's an obnoxious hot douche bag." She said and I could imagine her wiggling her eyebrows.

"That's not the point here Cami!" I shouted and she seemed to get the fact that I was not finding this situation funny.

"Okay! I'm sorry. What's the problem?"

"He hates me. Well technically we hate each other but the point is that how the hell am I supposed to get married to someone who hates me?"

"How come he hates you?" she asked confused, "I mean you're a loveable person and I'm not just saying that cuz you're my best friend. Maybe he needs someone to knock some sense into his head because he may be the obnoxious hot douche bag but he'll even be more stupid to hate my best friend because no one is allowed to hate you while I'm alive."

"Be careful with your words Cami or they might actually kill you." I said smiling slightly at her mini-rant.

"That bad huh?" she asked me in a quieter voice.

"Probably worse because he was acting like a douche bag and I just had to say my mind."

"You go girl!" She cheered happily, "that'll teach Mr. hot douche bag a lesson"

"You really need to stop calling him that."

"Absolutely not. I think it's a cool name."

I laughed at her craziness.

"That reminds me, my engagement party is next month." I said.

Cue the scream in 3...2...1...

"Eeeeeee!" My best friend screamed and I laughed at the precision but also had to move my phone a few meters away from my ear in order not to turn deaf.

"Oh my gosh! That's great news, well not actually so great but it's great enough since you're getting married. When's the date?" she asked enthusiastically and I wished I had just a little of her enthusiasm.

"I dunno yet. My dad kinda said it this evening but I didn't even let them finish because they were pissing me off."

"I know you probably don't wanna hear this but you need to chill."

"I obviously don't wanna hear it so why did hell did you say it!? Do you expect me to be so happy that I'm getting married to someone that I just met today and lemme add-I ALSO HATE!"

"There's a thin line between love and hate y'kn-"

"Don't you even dare!" I interrupted her harshly.

"Alright fine! I'm sorry but you do know you guys need to sort out the hate relationship between each other because as much as you guys don't like each other, you're sorta gonna spend the rest of your lives with each other and that's a big deal hun." She said softly but the message hit me hard.

"Yeah," I sighed tiredly "I do. Can you believe that they said that I was the only daughter they had left since Ella was engaged and mum even went as low as bringing up Tony." I said the thought of the incident pissing me off once again.

"Well that's just unfair."

"I know right? That was the last straw and I just lost my cool at that moment."

"I get you babe and we all know that the mention of Tony's name doesn't make you exactly the happiest person but at this stage, we need to learn how to deal with things. Why don't you get some rest and I promise you'll feel slightly better in the morning."

"Thanks so much babe, what would I do without you?"

"Nothing sweetheart,nothing at all. Now get some rest. Goodnight and I love you."

"Night Annabel." I answered in a sing-song voice and laughed as I imagined the scowl that I knew was already on her face.

"I take that back, I totally hate you." She threw back at me and I burst out laughing so hard.

I was glad I had a best friend like her.

"I love you too." I said and I knew she understood the meaning behind those four words.

"Whatever! Get off my phone Marie."
I cringed internally at the mention of the bane I dreaded so much.

"Touchè".

Her laughter was the last thing I heard before I finally hung up.

I dropped my phone on the dresser beside my bed and just stared at the ceiling.

Not long after, my thoughts went off towards Tony and once I could feel tears about to drop,I pushed his thoughts to the back of my head and before long, I was pulled into the wonderful land of dreams.

Am I the only one loving Cami right now? I mean even with her playful character,she still manages to speak some sense😊😊

Anyone wondering who Tony is?

Next update is next week.

Thanks for reading and don't forget to click on the little star at the bottom of your screen and leave your comments(as positive as possible please)but constructive criticism is allowed.💋💋💋💋💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

653K 24.6K 35
Getting married to the person you loathe is the worst nightmare ever. But for Leona Wilbrose, this nightmare came true when she was forced into a mar...
34K 715 11
''The five hundred thousand has already made you my wife.'' What can a girl do when she finds herself caught between two gorgeous heirs? After having...
327K 6.4K 33
Jason I started kissing her jaw but not kissing her lips, I like to tease her "Jason please... " she moans grabbing my hair. "Patience baby, do you...
418K 14.1K 50
#2 in triangle #3 in charming #10 in past #20 in dominating #47 in arrogant (Highest rankings) "I love you!" I said in desperation. "Really?" He...