I'm Here For You (Bakugou x V...

By Rainbend

[Bakugou Katsuki x Villain!Reader] The last time Bakugou saw his childhood friend, (Full Name) was at the pla... More

Prologue
Remembrance
Encounter
Reunion
Forgiveness
Promise
Believe
Company
Path
Proud
Exam
Home
Summer
Special: Halloween
Camp
Confession
Betrayal
Ambush
Alive
Special: Christmas
Goodbye
Future
Past
Dorm
Here
Epilogue
Thank You!
A/N

Fallen

11.4K 294 666
By Rainbend

Chapter 11

You barely managed to roll away as Aizawa's grey scarf struck the ground where you previously stood. However, before you could even get a moment of rest, Aizawa was at it again – coming straight for you.

Aizawa swung his leg at you, aiming for your sides but you flipped back to avoid the impending pain of the kick. You were seriously at a disadvantage as the pro hero kept coming at you.

Needing the time to think of the current situation you were stuck in, you slammed your hands onto the ground as thick vines burst forth, creating a thick circular wall around you and keeping Aizawa out.

You gasped for air and wiped away the sweat that had rolled down the side of your face. Your mind worked quickly to think of a solution.

The black-haired hero was watching the wall of vines where his student was currently hiding behind it. Behind his yellow goggles, his eyes were narrowed slightly with cautious.

He was preparing for what was to come next.

However, he was not prepared as roots shot out from the ground at where he stood and wrapped themselves around his feet. He was rooted to the ground. Aizawa tried to lift his leg but it was useless as the roots held on tightly.

So caught up in his struggling, he missed a certain (h/c)-nett creeping up behind him.

With a snap of your fingers, the vines on your armbands came to life and coiled themselves around Aizawa, immobilizing his four limbs so he couldn't move at all. His eyes widened with shock at what had just happened while you stood there, breathing heavily.

The pro hero was completely taken by surprise.

"Eraser Head is immobilized and (Full Name) passed!"

Hearing that, you collapsed onto the ground and inhaled as much as air as you could to replenish your lungs. Your hold on the plants loosened and Aizawa was able to break free, gently wiggling out of the vines so he wouldn't harm them.

The vines retreated and returned to their original inanimate self, the cold metal pressing into your warm skin. Your teacher approached and held out a hand which you gladly accepted as he pulled you to your feet.

"Good job. You did well." Aizawa praised you, giving you a light pat on the head.

A tired grin spread on your face and held a thumbs up in reply, too exhausted to verbally express your happiness.

You trailed after Aizawa who headed towards where the principal, Nezu was standing at – assessing your practical exam. "Congratulations on passing your exam, (L/N)-san!"

There was a light flush to your cheeks as you thanked the principal, his smile chasing away some of your tiredness.

You were dismissed by Aizawa and proceeded to head back to the dorm. Once you returned, you took a quick shower to wash away the sweat and dirt during your exam and got ready for school.

You had woken extra early this morning for your practical exam while class 1-A would be having theirs on the same day except it would be held during school hours.

Despite waking up so early, you were full of energy thanks to the fight with your teacher. Once you were dressed in your uniform and had everything you needed, you set off to class.

***

"Now, we'll begin the practical exam." Aizawa addressed his class who gathered in front of him and the other teachers, dressed in their hero costumes. "Of course, it's possible to fail this exam. If you want to go to the training camp, then don't make any stupid mistakes."

"There are a lot of teachers..." Jiro, one of your classmates pointed out the obvious.

As Aizawa proceeded to talk about the practical exam to your classmates and what was to be expected, you simply tuned him out since it didn't concern you.

Midoriya noticed you standing to the side, still dressed in your school uniform instead of your costume. Feeling puzzled about it, he raised his hand to get Aizawa's attention. "(Name)-chan is still in her uniform. Is she not taking the practical exam?"

Aizawa noticed Midoriya's raised hand and opened his mouth to answer his question when you beat him to it.

"I've a very serious back injury so I've been exempted from taking the practical exam." You joked, wiggling a finger at your friend.

Your classmates blinked.

"Eh?!" A few of them exclaimed in surprise.

"What bullshit is this?!" Bakugou shouted, about to storm up to you to demand answers when Aizawa flashed his eyes red in warning.

You snickered, ignoring the glare sent your way. Aizawa sighed tiredly and explained your situation. "(Name)'s practical exam is different from the one that you're taking, and she already took hers this morning hence why she's in her uniform. Instead, she'll be helping Recovery Girl to monitor your exam."

"Such a party pooper." You pouted, your bottom lip sticking out slightly.

Aizawa continued with his briefing about the practical exam. "I expect that you all have gathered information ahead of time and have some idea of what you'll be doing."

Kaminari threw his head backwards, getting fired up. "We're fighting robot warriors like at the entrance exam, right?"

"Fireworks! Curry! Test of Courage!" Ashido joined in, just as excited.

"Too bad!" Suddenly, a familiar came from somewhere near Aizawa, his scarf wiggling before the principal popped out. "For various reasons, the exam will be different starting this time!"

Everyone was taken aback by Nezu's sudden appearance, their minds swimming with all sorts of questions. The white creature began to explain the layout of this year's exam where the students would be going against their teachers – two vs one.

Soon, they were paired off accordingly by Aizawa but the pair that took you by surprise was none other than your two childhood friends, Midoriya and Bakugou, who would be going against All Might.

The two were just as taken aback as you.

The students of class 1-A were dismissed to either strategized as a team or they could watch the exam inside the monitor room. You glanced worryingly at Bakugou who stormed off even though Midoriya wanted to talk about strategies with him.

You were about to run after the blonde when Aizawa called your name and asked you to report to the monitor room where Recovery Girl was waiting for you.

"(Name). Report to the monitor room where Recovery Girl's waiting for you."

"Y-Yes, sensei."

Giving Midoriya another worrying glance, you turned on your heels and made your way to the monitor room.

You could only hope that everything would turn out well between these two. Then again, it's hard to say so.

***

For the next few hours, you were seated next to the school's nurse as you observed your classmates' exams. Just beside watching, you were also tasked by your teacher to take down notes of their exams.

Being the diligent person that you were, you didn't miss out on any details, writing everything down to the core. Mineta's and Sero's turn was next which meant after them would be the pair that you dreaded the most – Midoriya and Bakugou.

You were itching to go and find Bakugou to talk to him before his exam, but you couldn't because you had a task to do. So, you kept squirming restlessly in your seat.

Recovery Girl noticed your restlessness and seemed to know what was on your mind with the way how you kept glancing at the door once every while.

"I'll take it from here. Why don't you go and find your friend?"

You glanced up in surprise at the old woman, not expecting her to be able to read you so easily. Nonetheless, you handed her the notebook and thanked her, scurrying out of the room but not before wishing Midoriya good luck.

'Where can that idiot be?' You questioned while running down the hallway, trying to find the blonde.

After five minutes of searching, you finally found Bakugou. Well, more like you had walked into him.

"Oof!"

You stumbled backwards slightly from the sudden impact, nearly falling on your ass if it wasn't for Bakugou who reached out and wrapped an arm around your waist, steadying you.

"Look where you're going, dipshit!" The blonde growled, but there were no hard feelings in his tone.

Your hands were splayed on his chest as you glanced up at him with a sheepish smile. "Oops, sorry about that."

Bakugou looked down since you were slightly shorter than him, his eyes boring into yours. For the first time, he noticed how bright your eyes were and those (e/c) hues always seemed to have a light in them that never died out.

He felt like he could lose himself forever whenever he stared into those sparkling orbs.

The blonde was so entranced that he didn't notice the slight furrow in your brows. So, when you asked if everything was alright with him, he was startled, and his face flushed when he noticed the close distance between you and him.

He immediately released you as though he was holding a hot potato and turned away from you, ignoring the way how his heartbeat had quickened. You tip-toed slightly and tried to get a good look of Bakugou's face over his shoulder.

You saw the redness in cheeks and silently wondered what had gotten your childhood friend so flustered nowadays. Actually ever since that time when you had him over at your place for a study session, Bakugou had been acting strange around you – being all flustered like now, his face taking on a red hue.

At first, you thought he had maybe come down with something, but you noticed he was only like that around you. In fact, he seemed to be fine around everyone else.

You wanted to ask but you had a feeling that he would just shout at you to mind your own business. So, to save your ears from turning deaf, you didn't question him.

Shrugging it off as one of Bakugou's odd behaviours, you came to do what you had in mind when you were searching for him which was to talk about his exam with Midoriya.

"Katsuki-kun, do you have a second? I need to talk to you about something." You tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention.

Bakugou jumped slightly by your touch, having seemed to forget you were even here in the first place. His face settled into its usual scowl but didn't seem to be mad at the idea of talking with you.

"What?" He grunted.

You smiled, knowing that he was listening despite the lack of interest shown on his face. Taking a step forward, you took his hand into yours, a finger lightly tracing the rough lines on his palm.

Even though his hand looked rough, it felt like the exact opposite from the many times you had held his hand. In fact, it was soft to the touch and you liked it that way.

Bakugou glanced down at you, a brow quirked in question. "What do you want to talk to be about?"

You hummed but didn't reply immediately, mapping out the lines on his hand and imagining them as little country borders. For someone who's usually impatient about things in life, Bakugou didn't pull his hand away or said anything while he waited for you to speak up.

You finally spoke up after a long while.

"I know you're probably gonna ignore whatever I'm about to say, but at least hear me out." You glanced up at Bakugou who looked confused by your words but didn't say anything yet.

You took this as your cue to continue. Taking in a deep breath to calm your nerves, you went on.

"In about half an hour times, you'll be taking your exam. I know that you've been paired with Izuku-kun to go against All Might. I'm not gonna lie and say that you'll listen to what Izuku-kun has to say and work with him to pass this exam because it goes against everything that you have ever felt about him."

You paused, feeling hesitant to go on because you were afraid of how Bakugou would react. Bakugou must have sensed your hesitation and unease because he gave your hand a light squeeze, silent encouraging you.

A smile flitted on your face and glanced down at your joined hands, loving the way how his larger palm swallowed your smaller one.

Your gaze remained on your hands. "However, for the next 30 minutes, just put your hatred for Izuku-kun aside and work with him. Promise you'll do that? At least for not yourself, but for me?"

(E/C) orbs glanced up at him with hope which caused Bakugou to frown. His brain told him to not to listen to your words, but on the other hand, his heart was being the exact opposite and he was torn about it.

Instead, he chose to settle on a vague response. "I'm not that dumb to cause both of us to fail this exam."

Now it was your turn to frown. You weren't exactly satisfied with the answer you received because it wasn't what you wanted to hear, but you chose not to question it. Rather, you chose to trust and support Bakugou.

"Team Bakugou and Midoriya, please get ready. Your turn will be next."

Both of you glanced up in mild surprise, not realizing so much time had already passed while you stood in the hallway with one another.

You didn't want to hold Bakugou back any longer, so you stood on tippy toes and pecked a chaste kiss to his cheek. "All the best with your exam."

Your cheeks were flushed a light pink, but you were no longer as embarrassed as the first few times when you did this. However, the same couldn't be said for the blonde who was still taken off guard.

To hide the fact he was flustered by your action, Bakugou flicked you on the forehead and scowled, "Can't you f*cking just wish me luck like a normal person?"

Clutching your forehead, you grinned cheekily in reply. "Nope can do! It's either this or a punch to the arm and I'm sure you prefer a kiss over a punch."

Your childhood friend grumbled but didn't say anything and simply turned on his heels, heading to the location of his exam. You giggled when you saw the red tip of his ears peeking from his blonde hair, thinking of how much a tsundere he was.

When you could no longer see Bakugou's retreating back, you turned around in the opposite direction and made your way back to the monitor room to observe the final pair – both of them, funnily enough, your childhood friends.

***

You were on the edge of your seat with eyes glued to the huge monitor screen, unable to tear your gaze away from what was being projected on it. Nails dug into your hands as you clenched them into a fist and bit the bottom of your lips in a worrying manner.

Seeing your childhood friends being tossed and thrown about like rag dolls by the no. 1 hero, All Might, was making you sick with worry for their welfares. They were getting bruises and scratches all over their bodies, yet despite that, they kept fighting back only to be counter by All Might.

You weren't the only who was worried for them. The few classmates who were in the monitor room with you were watching the exam through the screen as well, the worry and concern expressed clearly on their faces.

The two boys were at on the losing end – Bakugou was pinned to the ground by All Might's foot while he held Midoriya in his arm, your friend struggling to escape as his feet dangled in mid-air.

'Katsuki-kun, come on! Don't give up! Izuku-kun, you too!'

Your heartbeat was spiking at an unhealthy rate when you saw All Might moving his mouth, saying something that you couldn't hear. However, it must have been unpleasant judging based on the expression on Midoriya's face.

He was thrown aside and rolled a few times before coming to a stop just a distance away from the hero, too tired and body in pain to get back up.

Meanwhile, Bakugou was still trapped beneath All Might's foot, but you could see the determination and fury expressed as clear as day on his face. The foot on his back digging deeper and pressing him completely into the ground.

Your eyes squeezed shut, unable to bring yourself to look at any further.

A sudden cheer in the room caused you to open your eyes once more and immediately locked onto the screen. You released a sigh of relief that you didn't realize you were holding in as a huge explosion occurred, blasting All Might away.

You were beaming with pride and happiness as Bakugou struggled but albeit managed to get onto his feet, stumbling towards where Midoriya was still laid on the ground.

The blonde suddenly pulled the greenette up by the front of his shirt, bringing his face level to his. Bakugou said something which took Midoriya by surprise but before he could respond, Bakugou used his quirk and flung Midoriya forwards.

Your friend was bewildered as he flew towards where the exit was. Your heart burst with hope, fingers crossed that Midoriya would make it to the exit gate.

However, things didn't always happen the way you wanted it to.

(E/C) eyes watched with horror as Bakugou was beaten left and right by All Might before being smashed into the ground. Like the strong will person that he was, he fought with all he had left but eventually came to a still.

The world around you faded as Midoriya passed through the exit gate with an unconscious Bakugou in his arms. While your classmates were celebrating their win, you couldn't tear your eyes away from the one person who mattered most in your life.

Before you knew it, you were out of the door and running towards the nurse office where you would find Bakugou.

Time skipped

"Kiss!"

"T-Thank you very much, Recovery Girl..." Midoriya barely managed to thank her, his expression dead as he laid on his stomach due to his back injury.

A worried look was directed in his direction, your lips morphed into a frown. As Recovery Girl reprimanded All Might for going overboard with the two boys, you quietly asked Midoriya if he was alright.

"Izuku-kun, are you feeling better now?"

Your childhood friend turned his head to the other side where you were at, sending you a reassured smile. "I'm fine, thanks to Recovery Girl. You don't have to worry so much about me, (Name)-chan."

"Get well soon then." You gave the boy a small smile, sending a short prayer to heaven for his fast recovery.

After that, you focused on the person you came here for. Bakugou was laying on his back on the bed, still unconscious as his body recuperated from all the bashings it received and overuse of his quirk.

"Bakugou probably won't wake up for a while." You gently ran your fingers through his blonde hair as Recovery Girl said that, gaze fixed on Bakugou. "For now, the two of you should rest here."

The old woman left the office and it was only just you and All Might with Midoriya and Bakugou who were recovering from their fight. You ignored the pro hero, still seething with anger directed at him.

You sensed that All Might wanted to say something to you, but you spoke up before he could say anything. "Don't. Anything you say now won't solve what you've done to both my friends and how upset I'm about it."

There was only silence before All Might settled for a simple apology and left you alone with the patients.

Sighing tiredly, you faced Bakugou and your eyes roamed his battered body, noticing the scratches and bruises he had received. Your gaze came to a stop on his face, taking in the peaceful features.

A fond smile appeared when the memory of spending your first night here at UA High with Bakugou in your bed. You had woken up to the same peaceful look as now and it set off butterflies in your stomach.

Brushing away his bangs so his forehead was exposed to you, you leaned down so that your lips came in contact with his warm skin. You straightened your body again and simply watched over both your closest friends as they slept away peacefully.

The sun was low in the sky when Bakugou roused from his sleep, his eyelids fluttering open. He blinked blearily up at the ceiling and closed his eyes again before opening them to a clearer vision.

He turned his head to the right and saw Midoriya sleeping away on the bed next to his. He didn't give much thought to the nerd before turning his head to the left and wasn't surprised to see a mop of (h/c) hair splayed across the mattress he was lying on.

In the midst of waiting for the blonde to wake up, you had fallen asleep – head rested on folded arms.

Not wanting to disturb your rest, Bakugou simply observed your sleeping face with a small smile. Few strands of your hair tickled his fingers and he played with it gently, twirling them between his fingers.

Your nose wrinkled but otherwise continued on sleeping, only shifting slightly to be in a more comfortable position. Bakugou continued to play with your hair while you mumbled a few words here and there.

At one point, you said his name and he wondered if you were dreaming about him.

You shifted once more, and your bangs fell into your eyes, tickling your nose. The blonde moved his hand away up a bit more and gently brushed your bangs away, tucking it behind your ear.

Red orbs traced your facial features slowly – from your closed eyes to your rounded nose and finally landing on your rosy, pink lips. His tongue unconsciously wetting his own dry ones.

Ever since he had come to acknowledge that he had fallen for you during the study session at your place, he had been wanting to kiss you. In fact, it almost happened if it wasn't for his teacher who came knocking on your door out of nowhere and ruining the mood.

Honestly, Bakugou never expected his old feelings for you to resurface. When both of you were younger, he had a crush on you but was too embarrassed to admit it. The feelings disappeared or more as he buried it when you went missing, choosing to move on because he knew if he had dwelled on it, he would end up hurting himself.

However, now that, you were here again in his life, those old feelings rose again but along with it came new feelings as well. He saw how much you had grown over the years – from a young girl that he remembered always trailing after him to a young woman who now stood on par with him.

Despite that, the one thing that hadn't change was your strong will and stubbornness that had been demonstrated daily. It was because of that he was drawn to you amongst other things.

Before Bakugou knew it, you had stolen his heart. There was a possibility you might break it by leaving him in the future, but instead of worrying about that, he chose to live in the moment with you now.

He would worry once he reached that stage.

Bakugou was caught up by the minutes that he found himself leaning closer and closer towards your face, the distance between his lips and yours getting smaller and smaller.

His lips barely brushed against yours, soft like a butterfly's wings when he pulled back quickly, his face a tomato red.

"Katsuki-kun?" You mumbled sleepily, choosing to wake up at that moment.

The blonde's eyes widened and pretended to be asleep, lying rigidly still on his back. His heart was pounding away and feared that you could hear it since your head was so close to where his chest was.

You sat up straight and stretched, your back cracking as a relieved sigh escaped your lips. Yawning, you rubbed the sleep of your eyes before glancing down at Bakugou.

Your head tilted to the side in confusion. You were certain the blonde had woken up because you felt a movement coming from him, but then again, you must have just been dreaming.

Shrugging it off as nothing more than your imagination, you glanced to the clock on the wall and realized it was already getting late.

You were unsure of when Bakugou would wake up, so you decided to just let him and Midoriya be and see them tomorrow morning at school instead. You stood up from your seat, leaning down to place a kiss on Bakugou's forehead and quietly slipped out of the nurse office.

Bakugou didn't move until he heard the sound of the door shutting gently behind him and couldn't hear your footsteps any more than did his eyes peeked open. A sigh of relief rushed out of his lungs and he pushed himself into a sitting position.

He placed a hand over his chest where his heart was, and he could feel how fast it was beating. His face was still burning with what just he did and shakily touched his lips that were still tingling from the brief contact he had with your lips.

He realized he craved for more, the short-lived moment wasn't enough for him. In fact, he wished for the actual thing where you would reciprocate the kiss and enjoyed it as much as he did.

However, Bakugou knew it was impossible since you probably didn't feel the same way as him. Pushing that thought to the back of his mind, he pulled the blanket over his head and fell asleep to the image of you smiling brightly at him with love shining in your (e/c) eyes.

***

Third POV

In the League of Villain's hideout, a certain light blue-haired male was in his bedroom, silently staring at the wall as he waited for his call to be picked up.

"Hello?"

Tomura didn't reply immediately and only his breathing could be heard. The person on the line seemed to understand his silence and just waited patiently for him to speak up.

A second or two passed then did Tomura said something. "Two new people want to join the League of Villain."

It was a vague statement with little explanation, but the person seemed to understand him perfectly fine.

"Isn't that great? This way you're able to put your plan into actions."

Tomura drummed his fingers against his leg, careful of his fifth finger touching his pants. After all, it would be troublesome to get a new pair.

"But I already have you doing that. So, there isn't a need for more people."

The person sighed and Tomura imagined them shaking their head on the other end of the line.

"That's true. However, I can't be there to help you physically carry out the other half of your plan since you want me to be with our target at all times. For the other half to work, you need other people to carry it out for you. I can only do so much on my part."

There was a pregnant pause to their conversation as Tomura contemplated the person's words and knew that they were right. He scratched his neck lightly enough to not tear of any skin.

"I guess you're right. I need my plan to be flawless in order to succeed, so I'll recruit them to carry it out for me."

Tomura could practically hear the smirk in their voice as they replied, "I can't wait to see who these new villains you've recruited to join the league when that day comes."

They exchanged few more words before Tomura said his goodbye and hung up. He glanced at his phone's screen and sat there unmoving for a few minutes before rising to his feet.

He opened his door and entered the bar where four pairs of heads turned towards him. Tomura stared at the two newcomers for a second before opening his mouth to speak to them.

"Toga and Dabi, welcome to the League of Villains."

***

A/N: Whew! I've managed to upload this chapter on time before I fly off for my holiday. I'll be away at overseas for a week which means I won't be able to update the story until I come back from my trip.

I'll see you guys in a week! Until then, happy reading!

P/S: Thank you so much for 3k reads! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 430 39
"They've been lovers for so long, I think five years." "Best Pro heroes of all time" "F/N is an amazing hero! I love her. Her quirk is so good." "B...
211K 5.6K 22
You are a villain, he is becoming a hero... You and Bakugou were friends back in kindergarten through Middle school, however after Middle school you...
1.4M 43.3K 26
"She's changed a lot since you last saw her," Bakugo's mother spoke. He shrugged. Mitsuki turned to look at him. "How does it make you feel?" She ask...
287K 8.8K 44
(bakugou katsuki x villain!reader) MAIN STORY COMPLETE "They're just cards. So why do they hold so much meaning" Please don't do this to me I love y...