City Lights || Mamma Mia/Devi...

By jinxingminx

After the wedding, Sam and Donna goes to New York to meet Sam's children, but ends up having to deal with muc... More

1: Prologue
2: Have you heard of her?
3: She's not what you expect
4: Eleven Hours
5: No Escape
6: The Calm before the Storm
7: Constructing the Battlefield
8: One Down
9: The Dinner Party
10: Runway Runaway
11: What are you up to?
12: The Name of the Game (part I)
13: The Name of the Game (part II)
15: Picture Perfect
16: Disillusion
17: This Ends Here
18: Last Love
19: One Night
20: Once in a Lifetime (part I)
21: Once in a Lifetime (part II)
22: Unfinished Business
23: Baby Blue Eyes
24: Like We Used To
25: Made for Me

14: I've Been Waiting for you

887 40 4
By jinxingminx

A/N: Hello! I just want to clear this up cause it might get confusing. Chapters 12, 13 and 14 are supposed to be happening at the exact same time. 12 and 13 are based on Sam's day with Miranda; while, 14 is focused on Donna's day with their children. 15 would be where it all comes together. If that makes sense. 

Also, I posted another story!! it's a peryl story. If you're interested, why not check it out 🤷‍♀️
—————————
Meanwhile, Donna's day with her new family too was as eventful as Sam's.

Breakfast was surprisingly very fun for all of those involved. Nate and James told endless stories about school and their dad. While, Olivia kept asking Sophie and I questions to try to get to know us better. Sophie and Sky went on and on about how wonderful Kalokairi is and how great it will be if they came over to the Villa. Villa Donna. Just the thought of it made Donna smile. That was her home. She had built the hotel all by herself; well not technically, but she had made it what it was now. She had made her own little world. A world away from her mother and everything else that had hurt her. Sure it wasn't perfect, but it was hers; and now, she would get to share her world with the love of her life. It was an easy decision. She would pick Sam over and over again. The villa was initially theirs. Even when he wasn't there while it was being built. Sam had made the initial blueprints of the villa. He drew it at the back of a menu at a diner in the mainland. Him and Donna were casually having lunch when he suddenly moved his plate and started to sketch on his menu. Then everything just fell into place.

"We would love to come and visit you guys at the island one day." James replied. He was way too excited.
"Well we'd love to have you." Sky smiled.
"When you do go to the island, I'd love to show you this little abandoned bungalow on the highest part of the island." Sophie proudly spoke. Donna's eyes widened. She didn't know that Sophie had found Sam's old place. "It has an incredible view of everything. Plus the previous owner must have been an artist because there are a lot of sketches of the island scattered around the floor." Sophie added.
"I didn't know that you knew about that place." Donna looked at her daughter.
"Yeah! I found it when I was about 12. I was going around the island, and there it was." Sophie explained.
Donna took a deep breath then had a huge grin on her face. "That's interesting."
"Mom?" Sophie was confused. She had always known that about the bungalow. She has lived there for most of her life. She very well knows every inch of the island.
"What's with the bungalow?" Nate asked. He was now just as curious as Sophie.
Olivia looked from her brother to Donna. Donna caught her glance and winked at the young girl. Olivia knew exactly what Donna was thinking. Olivia giggled then turned her attention to Sophie. "Hey Soph, can you describe the sketches you saw in the bungalow for us?" She tried to hold back her laughter.

Donna and Olivia were getting along very well. Throughout breakfast they've been chatting about everything. They were interested to get to know each other. It wasn't because they needed to for Sam's sake, but because both Donna and Olivia seemed to genuinely like each other. They had a lot of things in common. Donna smirked at Olivia's question. She knew that sooner or later the others would catch on. Olivia was a bright girl and the fact that she spends a lot of time with Sam would obviously be the reason why she caught on very quickly. Donna was sure that Sam has mentioned it Olivia already.

"Well..." Sophie paused to look for the right words. "Now that I think about it, the sketches look identical to the ones Mom has of herself scattered around the Villa." She said. Then it hit her. "OH MY GOD! Those are Sam's. He owns the bungalow???" Sophie said a little too loudly. All three boys had their jaws dropped. No one was expecting this at all. Both Donna and Olivia bursted into laughter.

The rest of the meal was pure joy. Donna was able to get to know Sam's kids in a way that made them all comfortable. It was surprisingly easy to get close to them. Almost like they didn't even have to try at all. Sophie and Sky were also slowing falling for the Carmichael's. At some point, Sophie even suggested that they hold their travels just so they can be there when her new brothers and sister got to the island.

Olivia glanced over to her watch. "Oh it's already past 11. We should be going if you want to see everything." She suggested. Olivia looked over to her eldest brother, Nate, and motioned to get him to pay. Nate and Olivia stood up and headed to the entrance counter to pay.
"So where do you wanna go first?" James asked Sophie to distract them.
Sophie looked over to Sky. "How about we go whatever is the closest?"
"Okay then! That will be Radio City I guess then then Rockefeller." James replied. He was the first to stand up. Everyone else soon followed. The remaining 4 walked over to the exit wherein Nate and Olivia where already waiting.
Donna went closer to Nate and Olivia. She patted Nate on the shoulder. "You didn't have to pay for breakfast. I could've done that." She smiled.
"Don't worry about it Donna. Our credit cards are all connected to our parents' accounts." Olivia explained.
James started giggling. "Who's money did you use? Mom's or Dad's?" He asked Nate. "Or did you use Miranda's?" He looked to Olivia who was now looking at the stoplight. Nate smirked. Donna was now glaring at them. They shouldn't have used their mothers money to pay for breakfast. Donna wasn't comfortable with the idea of the kids taking advantage of their mothers like that; even if, according to Sam, that was the only thing Loraine and Miranda were good for.
"We used Dad's. We just wanted to annoy you a little bit." Nate bursted into laughter. James was chuckling and Olivia was too.
Donna pouted. "Don't do that to me! I was genuinely nervous."
"Sorry Donna! You're part of the family now, and one of the things we Carmichaels kids love to do is mess with our mothers." Olivia said without thinking.
Everyone froze for a second. Olivia had somehow called Donna their mother. Donna was shocked. She wasn't upset or angry. She was just in shocked. She wasn't expecting the kids to like her so quickly. Everything seemed to have stopped in that moment. However, Nate glaring at Olivia didn't go unnoticed by Donna. She wanted to say something but Olivia had already spoken again. "What I meant to say was we love to annoy Lorraine and my mom." Olivia tried to explain herself.

James however wasn't as annoyed as the eldest Carmichael. "We all know what you meant Liv." He smiled. "Donna is technically our mom too now." He placed his arm around Donna. "Let me be the first to say. Welcome to the family Donna." James was over the moon. He had wanted to say that since last night. He had planned to start a toast during the supposed dinner party to welcome Donna.
Olivia too was happy. She has always been very close to her father, and she was always the first one to witness how heartbroken Sam was every moment that he wasn't with Donna. She knew that Sam and Donna deserved to be with each other. There was nothing better than to have them finally together. "We're all Carmichaels."

Donna was speechless. She loved Sam's children. In the little time that she had gotten to know them, she was already sure that they would get along. It was just so easy to find her way into their family. It was easy for Sophie and Sky too. They all looked good together. It was the picture perfect family that Donna had dreamed of as a kid. She had a terrific and gorgeous husband, an amazing daughter, a kind soon to be son-in-law, a intelligent step-son, another fun step-son and the most adorable step-daughter. This was just perfect. However, she still had a part of her heart that was just begging the universe for Sam to be Sophie's biological father. Seeing her with her step-siblings, or possible half brothers and sister, right now made her heart beg a little bit more.

"I hate to burst your bubble, but we really should get going if we want to make it to the thing we planned on time. Plus Dad texted me a few minutes ago that Ruby will be joining us at 5 at the brownstone." Nate said nonchalantly. Although, he didn't even care for a response. He was already leading the way to Radio City.

James walked a little faster to catch up to Nate. Donna was certain that the two boys would bicker about James sweet initiative. Not far behind them was Sophie and Sky. They had already pulled out their camera and was starting to take pictures of each other. Donna and Olivia trailed behind the young couple.

"Hey um Donna." Olivia hesitated. "I know that James already said it, but I would just like to say it too. Welcome to the family." Olivia smiled.
Donna's heart just melted. Over the past 24 hours, Olivia has seemed like the one that wanted nothing to do with her. Donna knew that she had nothing to do with why Olivia left, but it still hurt her that the moment she got there, the young girl left. Donna placed her arm on Olivia's shoulder and pulled her closer.
"I know that you asked us not to ask about it, but as your dad's wife, I need to know." Donna used her stern motherly tone. She would usually only use this whenever Sophie was in trouble, but this situation seemed fitting. "Why would you want to stay with your mother? According to your dad, she was never even there for you. Do you just hate the idea of him and I in Greece that much that you'd move in with her?" Donna tried her best to keep her voice down so that the others won't hear her.
Olivia was now looking to the ground. "I actually really like you." Olivia said softly. It was just enough for Donna to hear. "I never actually wanted to move in with my mother." Olivia admitted. "I only said that cause I was angry with grandma. Then the minute I got to Mom's, I told her that I was being impulsive and irrational and that I wanted to go back home. Obviously, my mom didn't let me."
"Oh." Donna was confused.
"Almost everything that my mom said to dad wasn't true. I do what to move to Kalokairi with you and Dad. Yesterday was just crazy. I'm sorry if I made you and dad worry." Olivia wrapped her arms around Donna and hugged her tightly. "I think you're a terrific mom to Sophie, and I'm sure you make dad very happy."
Donna stopped walking. "Thank you so much Olivia." Donna placed a light kiss on Olivia's head. "I promise to be a terrific mom to you and your brothers too."

Time went by very quickly. 4:30 pm rolled around faster than they had thought. They had visited a lot of the typical Manhattan tourist spots. The Times Square, fifth avenue, Radio City, the Rockefeller center, and Central Park were all crossed off of their lists. They were now all inside the SUV they took last night and headed back to the Carmichael house. They all wanted to get a new set of clothes for the evening.

Donna was fully aware that they were having dinner tonight as a family. However, the kids kept some details about the dinner from Donna. The kids are planning to surprise Sam and Donna with an engagement party, but unlike the one Elizabeth Carmichael had planned, theirs would be intimate. Only the kids, Sam's brother, Ruby and Sam and Donna would be there. They were sure that they wanted this to be simple and sweet, but they wanted to make it memorable too.

A few years ago, as Olivia was looking through their attic, she found a simple red velvet box in her dad's suitcase. It contained a diamond ring with a silver band. It was elegant and simple. It looked nothing like the ones her mother had, so Olivia was sure that it couldn't have been Miranda's. The diamond was also a normal cut. It wasn't big or flashy, so it couldn't be Lorraine's. When Olivia asked Sam, he said that he had bought it a long time ago. It was for a woman he had just met, but he was sure that she was the one for him. That was the first time Sam had ever mentioned Donna to Olivia.

Olivia had been spearheading this whole event since they had found out about Sam and Donna's wedding. Luke, Sam's brother, booked this beautiful venue in Brooklyn. It was a studio that over looked the entire Manhattan skyline. Nate was in charge of food. James was in charge of music and decorations, and Olivia was in charge of the ring.

Olivia, along with Nathaniel and James, want to ask Sam to propose to Donna again. They felt a little left out that they weren't there at the wedding, so they thought that this can make up for it.

"Okay so I know that you wouldn't tell me where we would be having dinner, but at least tell me what I should wear." Donna glared at the kids. She always hated secrets. Especially when she wasn't in on it.
"Actually, I pulled a few strings with my godfather Nigel. I managed to get you a dress from Runway. My moms assistant Andrea will meet us at the house to drop it off." Olivia told Donna who was now a little annoyed of her. Donna liked to be comfortable, and designer dresses are known to not be comfortable. "Don't worry it'll be something simple." Olivia assured her. "I even asked Sophie before hand."

The rest of the drive home was uneventful. Nate was focused on driving while the others were into their own little worlds. James and Sophie have dozed off. Sky was busy looking at the pictures he has taken. Olivia was on the phone probably texting Andrea for the dress. While Donna, just looked out the window. She was mentally preparing herself to see Ruby Sheridan once again.

You would think that 21 years apart would be enough time for Donna to come up with the right words to say. It isn't. What do you even say to one person you wanted to count on the most when they let you down?

As they reached their block, Nate could already spot Andrea on the steps of their home with the dress. "Well it looks like we got here right on time." Nate said loudly to wake up Sophie and James. "We have about an hour and fifteen minutes to get ready. Our reservation is at 6:30pm sharp and I really don't want to miss that." He went on as he parked the car.

Everyone quickly got out of the car and sprinted to their rooms to go and get ready; except for Donna and Olivia of course.
"Hi Andy! Thanks for bringing this over." Olivia smiled as she took the dress from Andy.
"Well it was no problem at all considering that your mother gave us a day off." Andy smiled.
"A day off?" Olivia was confused. "Mom doesn't take day offs." That was definitely a strange thing for Miranda Priestly to do.
"Yeah well she did take one today with your dad." Andy explained.
"With Sam?" Now, Miranda too was confused. She knew that Sam was going to talk to Miranda, but she didn't explain it to last a whole day. Donna knew that custody arrangements weren't easy, but spending a whole day to talk about it did seem a bit too extreme.
"Oh sorry!" Olivia mentally kicked herself. "Andy this is my step-mom, Donna. Donna, this is Andy, my mothers assistant." She introduced them.
"Well it's nice to meet you Andy." Donna shook Andy's hand.
"Anyway, I really should get going. It was nice to meet you." Andy smiled.
"It was really nice meeting you too." Donna nodded.
Andy walked off almost immediately to avoid the questions Donna and Olivia could have for her.

"I didn't know that your dad was going to spend a whole day with your mother." Donna said casually to Olivia.
"Actually neither did I. Honestly, my mom told me that she would be busy the whole day when we had breakfast together." Olivia admitted.
"Sam said it would just be a meeting." Donna pushed harder.
"Maybe it was?" Olivia offered an awkward smile. She really didn't know what to say.
Donna noticed how uncomfortable Olivia was getting, so she decided that maybe she should just wait to talk to Sam. "Why don't we go and get ready for dinner? We can talk about this some other time."
"Okay?" Olivia replied as she led the way into the house. "If you'll excuse me, I have some work to do. Since grandma had already packed all of my stuff into a few boxes, I need to go rummage through it for an outfit." Olivia announced as run up the steps.

Donna shook her head. Olivia was definitely something else. She was cute. If Donna was quite honest, Olivia was kind of like Sophie at that age; quirky and charming. It was hard not falling for the youngest Carmichael. Donna decided that an hour to get ready was more than enough, so she settled on sitting in the living room first. "Okay let's see what we're dealing with here." She said to herself as she checked to see the dress.

Carolina Herrera. It's beautiful. She thought. It wasn't her usual style nor was it in her budget, but it was a nice dress. Olivia must have picked this out. It looks like something Olivia would choose. It was different. With all the changes happening in her life, she can't find one to complain about just yet. Now, looking at the dress, this would be another change she can add to the list of ones she can't complain about. This was surely the most expensive dress she owns.

Suddenly, a knock on the door had brought her out of her trance. Without even hesitating, she opened the door. It was technically her house too now. She didn't need to get the kids or the staff open the door when she was in the room just beside it. 

"Hi Don" Ruby offered a gentle smile.
"Mom, you're here early." Donna replied.
"I was afraid to be late."
"Well you're already 20 years too late." Donna bit back.
"I deserved that." Ruby replied.
Donna rolled her eyes and opened the door fully to tell her mother in.
"Listen Donna, I want us to talk." Ruby placed her hand on Donna's shoulder.
"Okay let's talk, but I only have a few minutes." Donna said coldly.
"This won't talk long." Ruby reassured her. "I already have a speech." She smiled. "I know that I'm too late. I have missed so much in both yours and Sophie's lives. I'm sorry if I didn't go to Sophie's wedding. I just didn't know if I should go considering as I have never met Sophie before. However, I want to make it up to you and to Sophie. From now on, I am committing myself to be a good grandmother. I'll even move into the villa with you. That's if you'll have me of course." Ruby was now trying to hold back tears. She has missed Donna so much. It killed her when Donna got pregnant, but over the years, she realized that it was not worth losing both her daughter and her granddaughter.

Donna nodded. "I think Sophie deserves to get to know her grandmother." Donna was still guarded, but you can tell that her heart was already warming up. "You can move into the villa if you want. I won't mind having you there." She smiled. "But if you at any point decide to leave and abandon us again, you will never get another chance." Donna warned her mother.
"I'll try my best to stay." Ruby stroked Donna's hair. "Is it too much if I asked for a hug?"
Donna giggled as she pulled Ruby Sheridan in for a hug. This was the first hug they've had in about 20-25 years. It's quite possible that the last time they hugged was when Donna left for London.
"You don't know how long I've been waiting for you." Donna hugged her tighter. She finally had her mom back.

Concurrently, Olivia knocked on Nate's bedroom door. She had noticed her brothers odd behavior all day. Nate has always been the responsible one, but all the nagging to get things done can't just be because of a schedule he wanted to follow. He was up to something, and Olivia wanted to know what.

"Oh hey Liv!" Nate said as he pulled the toothbrush out of his mouth.
"Can we talk?" Olivia asked
Nate nodded. He opened his door to let his sister in. "What's up sis?"
"What do you know about Dad and Mom spending the whole day together?" Olivia was blunt. She knew that he had something to do with it, and she wasn't going to beat around the bush.
Nate was shocked. He didn't expect Olivia to find out this way. He motioned to excuse himself. Nate finished brushing his teeth then walked right out.
"How did you know about that?" Nate asked.
"That doesn't matter." Olivia quickly replied.
"I may have just suggested that they talk things through to Miranda." Nate defended himself.
"Talk about what exactly?" Olivia wasn't playing games with her brother.
"I was also there when Miranda told Dad that she still loved him." Nate admitted. "I just thought that maybe a day together would make dad realize that he still loves Miranda." Nate was defending himself. He genuinely thought that this was the right thing to do.
Olivia rolled her eyes. "Dad loves Donna. I'm sure that your plan won't work. He won't even dare to cheat on Donna with mom." Olivia was now furious at her brother.
"Are you sure about that?" Nate smirked. "Look what I found today." He tossed his phone to Olivia.
There was a picture of Sam holding Miranda outside a restaurant. It looked like they were sharing an intimate moment that involved limited personal space.
"But that's just a picture. It could have just been taken at the perfect time and place." Olivia raised her eyebrow.

Little did they know, Sam and Miranda were already making out in Miranda's car as they drove around Brooklyn.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 97 18
Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6kf0kNN4Ty7NHoumucG1qF?si=6437eac01eed4798 Isabelle Pierce, a girl, who lost her parents in an accident...
9.2K 155 27
𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐍 → Richard Madden ❝ 𝘞𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴, 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵? ❞ ↳ [𝘙𝘪𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘔𝘢𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘯 𝘹 𝘍𝘦𝘮.𝘰𝘤] 𝘴𝘰𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭 𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘢 ...
20.7K 643 13
In this version of Mamma Mia, Donna didn't die the way they say... But what if Donna didn't really die? (Spin off to 'Here We Go Again for a Second C...
4.6K 184 13
This story will be about Miranda priestly in the devil wears prada. It's a slow burn between andrea and Miranda. Miranda is already divorced from her...