Love isn't as easy as making...

By Mimorimori

Bakugou Katsuki is a Shounen manga artist and Midoriya Izuku is his assistant. The two have been working toge... More

Chapter 1: Shut up and get your hands moving!
Chapter 2: Let's hunt for a new assistant
Chapter 3: This is a curse!
Chapter 4: Mangaka are the same as God and Reaper
Chapter 5: Boyfriend shirt? Or matching shirt?
Chapter 6: Too much of a coincidence
Chapter 8: A wild Pik*chu appeared! (Part 1)
Chapter 9: A wild Pik*chu appeared! (Part 2)
Chapter 10: And now they know
Chapter 11: Learning about love through a dating sim game
Chapter 12: This isn't good for my heart!
Chapter 13: This is why you should lock your door!
Chapter 14: Taking the bait like a greedy fool
Chapter 15: On Valentine Day...
Chapter 16: Fuck you and fuck my life!
Hidden story: Katsudon
Chapter 17: Looking for a present
Chapter 18: Is this a date?!
Chapter 19: The 'Cupids' behind the scene
Chapter 20: The real 'date' starts now! (Part 1)
Chapter 21: The real 'date' starts now! (Part 2)
Chapter 22: Happy Birthday Kacchan! (Part 1)
Chapter 23: Happy Birthday Kacchan! (Part 2)
Chapter 23.5: A very short message from Todo-sama
Chapter 24: When both mangaka and assistant is sick
Chapter 25: Today we're the mangaka!
Chapter 25.5: Being sick is troublesome after all
Chapter 26: Exposed!
Chapter 27: And the cat is out of the bag
Chapter 28: This is the best fucking day ever!
Chapter 28.5: And we watch the ship goes sailing
Chapter 29: Teach me, sensei!
Chapter 30: Choosing a present for Izuku
Chapter 31: To the beach!
Chapter 32: A small accident
Chapter 33: A sleepless night for Katsuki
Chapter 33.5: How to escape from your house (Todoroki style)
Chapter 34: Happy birthday Deku!
Chapter 35: Kaminari is confused
Chapter 36: Words from the great Todo-sama
Chapter 37: Starting the Kirishima route
Chapter 37.5: BL Game
Chapter 38: Aquarium date, START!
Chapter 39: Get the hint already!
Chapter 40: At the end of the date
Omake specials
Chapter 41: King's Game
Chapter 42: Let me teach you something about the fandom
Chapter 43: A memorable Christmas night
Chapter 44: The taste of happiness (smut)
Chapter 45: Into a new year
A/N

Chapter 7: Gekkan Shoujo Todoroki-kun!

8.2K 391 528
By Mimorimori

A/N: Sorry not sorry for the title for this chapter. I hope this chapter isn't too disappointing. 🙏

-o-o-o-

The hands on the clock goes ticking by and neither Kirishima, Izuku nor Katsuki has moved their hands. The three of them stares at the papers with messy sketches that scatter across the table. Since previous arc of Lost Paradise has ended, they will have to make new characters for the next coming arc.

Every ideas that Kirishima has suggested was shot down by Katsuki and he's at complete loss. The new character they are going to make this time is going to be someone who can stand beside Kaito and support him during the battle. According to Katsuki, the new character must be capable of 'kicking ass' if he's going to support Kaito.

And while Kirishima is still trying to come up with an acceptable idea for the new character, Katsuki has noticed that Izuku has been awfully quiet for the entire time. Instead of shooting out ideas like what he always did, he was completely silent. Almost like his soul has left his body or something.

"Oi Deku! Stop spacing out unless you want me to smack you across the fucking face!" Katsuki shouted.

Not expecting a sudden outburst from his crush, Izuku flinched and stare at Katsuki in shock, still unaware of what's happening around him.

"Are you okay, Midoriya?" Kirishima asked.

"S-sorry, I'm fine." Izuku smiled nervously. "Um... what are we talking about again?"

"We're trying to come up with a new character, you piece of shit!"

Izuku mouthed an 'oh' word and shifted his attention back to the sketches in front of him. Honestly, he isn't that creative when it comes to characters. The fact that Katsuki would always reject his ideas already shows it. But still, it would be great if Izuku can come up with a character that Katsuki can accept. That would be a huge improvement for him.

Grabbing a piece of paper that's still pure white, Izuku begin to draw on it. When he's done, he lift up the paper and shows it to both Katsuki and Kirishima. "How about this character?"

Kirishima was amazed by how good Izuku's art is while Katsuki on the other hand, was ready to release his wrath. Based on art level, Katsuki would give it a pass. But the design of the character would be a big fat no. Why? Because it remind him of a certain guy with heterochromia eyes! The very same bastard who has been staring at Izuku whenever he had the chance!

What Izuku has drawn is a teenage boy dressed in all black. His expression was rather emotionless, like the type that doesn't want to make any friends and prefer to stay alone. On top of that, he also has a pair of heterochromia eyes, red on the left and green on the right.

"Burn it!" Katsuki shouted.

"Why?! Characters with heterochromia eyes is really cool and popular!!" Izuku protested.

The two continue to glare at each other until both of them felt their phones buzzing inside their pocket. Izuku took his phone out first and unlock it, only to saw that it was a message from their editor.

[Toshinori-san: If you're having a hard time with the new character, why don't you try to look for some inspiration in your school? You might be able to find many interesting people.]

"A message from our shitty editor?" Katsuki asked.

"Don't call him that Kacchan! And yeah, he suggested that we can try to find inspiration in our school for the new character." Izuku explained.

"Where the hell are we going to find that fucking inspiration? Our class only got idiots and extras!"

"Inspiration huh... it doesn't has to be from our class right? Since we're not familiar with the other classes, maybe we can find someone who is suitable to be the model we needed?" Kirishima suggested.

"Tch, it's not like we have any other choice right now." Katsuki grumbled.

"A new model..." Izuku thought, trailing his eyes down to the character that he has drawn. A character that can support Kaito... wouldn't it be easier if Katsuki use him as the model for the new character? After all, Izuku has been together with him ever since they were young and has been helping him with his manga. In a way, he has been supporting Katsuki right? Right?!

It wouldn't hurt to ask Katsuki why he didn't use Izuku as a model. But then again... knowing Katsuki, there's no way that his answer wouldn't hurt. And speaking of model...

Izuku still couldn't believe what he found out yesterday.

His classmate, Todoroki Shoto, is a mangaka. On top of that, he's the author of one of the current most popular shoujo manga. And in the manga, the heroine is actually based on him while the protagonist is based on Katsuki. That kind of explains why Todoroki is asking him for the details about that raining day.

Does Todoroki sees them as a couple or something?

Since it's a shoujo manga, Todoroki probably didn't has much choice but to make Kusuke fall for Izumi. Even though Kusuke's model, Bakugou Katsuki, doesn't see Izuku in any romantic way...

Come to think about it, there are times where Izuku felt that someone is watching him. He had always thought that it was his imagination but it seems like it wasn't. Todoroki was watching him and Katsuki, taking down every important points that he can use for his manga.

And since Izumi is heavily based on him... doesn't that means that he is the very reason to why Izumi can never bring herself to confess to Kusuke?!

Either way, Izuku would need to talk to Todoroki about it. Surly, there are plenty of other couples for him to choose from so why pick him and Katsuki? That's a mystery that Izuku'd like to solve.

-o-o-o-

The next day in school...

As soon as class ends, Katsuki told Izuku to go and look for some people who isn't 'boring' enough. As for Katsuki, he was dragged away by Kirishima to find a senpai that he knows. So that means that Izuku is all on his own. Easy to say than done, finding a model for the new character isn't easy this time. The new character is going to be someone who can support Kaito in battle, so Izuku must find a strong looking person!

Walking down the hallway while keeping an eye out for anyone who can fit the image of 'strong', Izuku is slightly disappointed to see that there's isn't anyone who can catch his eyes.

Izuku paused in his track when he saw someone standing in the empty art classroom. And that person is the one that Izuku wanted to confront ever since he read that shoujo manga.

Todoroki Shoto, the author of 'My childhood friend is a delinquent', the person who turn Izuku into a model for his heroine... seriously, out of all characters, why is he the heroine? Okay sure, there are some people who has mistaken him for a girl and call him cute but still...!

He's a guy for god's sake!

Unknowingly, his legs brought him into the classroom and before he knew it, he was standing right in front of Todoroki, who has stopped packing his bag when he spotted him. Since there's no backing out in this, Izuku can only face it straight on.

"U-um, T-Todoroki-kun!" Izuku stuttered.

"Yes?" Todoroki blinked, waiting for Izuku's next word patiently.

"You're the author of 'My childhood friend is a delinquent' right?" Izuku asked.

Oh, what is he asking? Todoroki is definitely the author of that shoujo manga! But then again, there are some authors who has been using the name of their own family member for personal reason... oh no, what should he do if he really get it wrong? This is going to be really embarrassing!

Without saying a word, Todoroki took out a... board and a black marker?

Izuku watches in confusion as his classmate begin to write something on the board. A few seconds later, he stops writing and handed it to him.

"Here you go." Todoroki said.

Not knowing what's going on anymore, Izuku can only took the board from Todoroki, which happens to be an autograph. For someone as cool and handsome as Todoroki, his autograph sure is adorable. There's even heart shape in it.

"Why is he giving me an autograph?!" Izuku mentally retorted. Although this did proved that he is indeed the real author, Izuku's unable to understand why he is giving him an autograph. Will a day where he can finally understand Todoroki's actions and thoughts arrival? Probably not.

"Um, Todoroki-kun... why are you giving me your autograph?"

"That wasn't what you wanted?"

"No!"

"Oh, sorry. Whenever people ask me if I'm the author, they usually wanted an autograph or a handshake." Todoroki explained calmly. "And? What is it that you wanted from me?"

"There's something I wanted to ask you. About your heroine and protagonist... are they based on real people?" Izuku asked, fidgeting with his hands nervously.

"Yeah. They are based on you and Bakugou." Todoroki replied with a straight face.

"What a straight forward answer!"

Izuku couldn't believe that Todoroki would drop the answer like a freaking bomb on him! From Todoroki's point of view, maybe confessing that he has been using his own classmates as characters for his shoujo manga is a 'normal' thing. But from Izuku's point of view, this isn't something that someone should be truthful about!

"W-why us?"

"Because the two of you makes an interesting couple."

"C-c-c-c-couple?!" Izuku stuttered as his face begin to turn bright red as he stare at Todoroki, utterly stunned and speechless. He was pretty sure that there are steam coming out of his head but he couldn't bring himself to care about that right now. He just couldn't believe what he just heard. Todoroki said that he and Katsuki makes an interesting couple! A freaking couple!

"The way you look at Bakugou clearly shows me that you're in love with him."

"Eh?! Is it that obvious?! Could it be that everyone already know?!"

"I'm not sure about the others but for me, I'd say that you're like an open book."

Izuku cover his face with his hands and scream softly. "P-please don't tell Kacchan that I like him!!"

"Don't worry, I won't do such thing. Confessing your love is something that you should do yourself after all."

"But if I were to confess, I'll surly get rejected by Kacchan!"

"He really doesn't know that Bakugou has fallen for him long ago huh..." Todoroki thought. Either way, if this pace keeps up, his manga won't be able to get anywhere. Since Izumi and Kusuke's relationship is based on Izuku and Katsuki in real time, Todoroki can't possibility let his readers and fans wait for years just because both side is too scared to confess. For a long time, he has been watching from afar. Maybe it's time that he finally give them the push they need.

-o-o-o-

Meanwhile...

"Bakugou! Please wait for me Bakugou!" Kirishima called out as he ran after Katsuki to catch up with him. He knew that running in the hallway isn't allowed but right now, he has completely forgotten about that rule. Right after Kirishima introduced Tamaki to Katsuki, he never thought that the blond would become pissed and walked away shouting, 'as if I'm going to use this guy!'

Sure, Tamaki may be shy but he can be a really cool and manly guy if he wanted!

Along the way, they met a few other students from other class and none of they manage to meet Katsuki's requirement. At this rate, they might not be able to find the perfect model for the new character.

"Tch, I seriously doesn't want to use this plan this early but looks like I got no other fucking choice." Katsuki grumbled under his breath, slowing down his pace and allowing Kirishima to catch up to him.

"What?"

"I'm saying that there's no longer a need for us to look for a shitty model-" Katsuki paused when he passed by the art classroom, staring at a very familiar person inside the classroom. Kirishima noticed what Katsuki is looking at and turn his attention to the person inside the classroom as well.

"Isn't that Midoriya and Todoroki? What are they doing?"

"That shitty bastard...! What the fuck is he doing with Deku?!" Katsuki screamed inside his head. Should he go over and drag Izuku out? Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. That way, he can fucking show that half and half bastard who the dumb nerd belongs to-

"I really admire you!" Izuku shouted.

"What the fuck did that shitty nerd just said?!"

Due to how Izuku has his back facing him, Katsuki is unable to see what kind of expression he's making. However, he can see that the fucking heterochromia asshole is smiling endearing at Izuku.

"Seriously, fuck you! Half and half bastard!"

"You're a really kind, strong and wonderful person!" Izuku continues, unaware that there's someone glaring daggers at him and Todoroki. "I've always hoped that I can get to be closer to you!"

Unable to stand it anymore, Katsuki tear his eyes away from the scene in front of him and walked away. If he continue to watch, he has a feeling that he might really murder someone for real. Much to his annoyed, Kirishima quickly tag along with him.

"...Kirishima, change of plan." Katsuki growled angrily while giving off a murderous aura. "For the new chapter, I'll throw in another new character as the new enemy."

"That's rather sudden. Why now?"

"So that I can fucking kill him off!"

"Again?! Seriously, why Bakugou?! Do you love your characters or not?! Stop adding new characters and then kill them off like that!!" Kirishima exclaimed. He was horrified at what Katsuki just said. A short while ago, Katsuki may be slightly annoyed but he was still fine. But right now, his anger suddenly shoot up like a rocket and he looks like he's ready to explode. Or worse, burn someone's house down. Kirishima has no idea what caused it but he seriously wanted to find out... oh, could it be that it was related to Izuku and Todoroki?

It has to be right? Okay, that settles it. He shall ask Katsuki about it once he's calmer.

-o-o-o-

Holding the shoujo manga that was written by another mangaka, Izuku held his chin in a thinking manner as he continue to read through the rest of the chapter. Reading the manga out aloud did gives him the feelings of confessing to someone, as well as a few ideas on how he can try to confess to Katsuki. But it's still a difficult thing for him to do.

"What do you think?" Todoroki asked.

"Hm... although the heroine in this manga didn't said 'I love you' directly, the way she said those words did sounds like a love confession. However, I don't think I have the courage to confess to Kacchan in such way. Knowing Kacchan, who has never been in a relationship or shows any interest in starting a relationship, there's no guarantee that he might be able to understand that I'm trying to confess to him..." Izuku muttered on. Then, he blinked and look up from the manga. "Come to think about it, this is the first time I seen you smile."

"That's because I suddenly remember a funny scene from the manga. Although this manga has ended 2 years ago, this is the only shoujo manga where I loves the setting and all the characters. It has always been my favorite." Todoroki explained.

"Is it really alright for you to lend me this?"

"It's fine. Just think of it as a textbook for studying."

"O-okay..." Izuku nodded as he put the manga into his bag. Completely forgetting that he's on a mission to look for a model for the new character, Izuku bid Todoroki farewell and went home to get ready. He'd need to go over to Katsuki's house to work on their manga after all.

-o-o-o-

Later on, at Katsuki's house...

Both Izuku and Kirishima is sitting on the opposite side of Katsuki while they wait for him to finish the sketching of the new character. Kirishima was eager to see the design of the new character while Izuku is ashamed that he has forgotten about his mission.

Once Katsuki is done, he slide the paper towards the duo.

It was a male character with red hair and black eyes, reaching out a hand to the wounded Kaito who is lying on the ground, as an offer to help him up. On the side, there's a sentence that says, 'A manly warrior has appear! What will Kaito do next?!'

One look is all it takes for both Kirishima and Izuku to understand who the character is based on, since the character's appearance and personality is way too obvious. However, Katsuki wasn't expecting to see two different reactions from his assistances. Kirishima looks like he has seen a dead body while Izuku looks like he's about to cry and create a fucking river with his tears.

What Katsuki didn't know is that Kirishima fears for the character that was based on him. Inside his mind, he was wondering if this character will be able to live long enough until the manga end or not. Only Katsuki will know what to do with this character and Kirishima hoped that he won't kill him off out of the sudden like what he did to some of the other characters.

As for Izuku, he seriously wanted to cry because this time too, he didn't get to become a model for the new character. He has been helping Katsuki for all these time and he still lose to Kirishima!

"What the fuck is wrong with the two of you?" Katsuki asked in annoyed.

"Nothing..." both assistances replied.

They blinked when Katsuki slide another paper towards them. This time, it was another character. Unlike the first new character, this one is clearly an enemy. He has a long white hair with red highlights that was tied into a low ponytail. He has a pair heterochromia eyes, silver on the left and red on the right. He also has a pointed ear and fangs, a characteristics from the vampire race.

Based on how Izuku's mood suddenly did a 180 degree flip, Katsuki can only guessed that he probably thought that he was using his idea about an emotionless character with mismatched eyes.

"Kacchan finally used my idea!" Izuku thought as he smiled at the drawing happily. He was overjoyed that Katsuki finally used his idea after turning down countless of his pervious ideas. This is a huge improve! Oh god, he finally made an improvement!

(Note: Katsuki's guess was right on the mark.)

As much as Katsuki to declare that the second character is created for the sake of getting killed off in the future, he doesn't want to ruin Izuku's current mood right now. A bright smile Izuku him the best after all. On a side note, based on what he overheard in the art classroom, things aren't looking too good for him. At this rate, that Todoroki bastard is going to fucking snatch Izuku from him! He'll have to do something about it before it's too late for him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266 3 13
nature makes them sworn enemies and they would do anything for their people. two lives are magically linked and the fight for proving who is the best...
346K 9.3K 39
▌ューイ; ❰ snapped ❱ high school. the time where your set free from your parent's grasp. a time of the rebellious. though it wasn't always fun a...
7.2K 321 11
When Katsuki distracts himself from his desires, and love, for a certain green haired hero, he creates more problems for himself than he solves. Just...
3.4K 82 11
(boy X boy)(Bakudeku) (Warning: there could be mature themes and some blood) Third year at UA. Bakugo and Midoriya finally left in the past their fi...