Green Lantern's Protégée

By TheSpiffyWriter

Hal Jordan, one of the Green Lanterns and member of the Justice League, was chosen long ago by a cosmic ring... More

Foreword
1: "Thank god he left that stupid hat."
2: "We're the luckiest idiots in the whole galaxy!"
3: "Because you're not a Green Lantern."
5: "Cult? Like, Shark Bait oh-ah-ha?"
6: "That's male genitals in a sweatshirt."
7: "Pretend I was violently assaulted by a rabid squirrel."
8: "Unless by hot-headed you mean I'm hot, then yeah I am!"
9: "Oh, I didn't tell you? I'm a Green Lantern."
10: "Toto, I don't think we're in Nevada anymore!"
11: "I swear, I will kick you out of space one day!"
12: "What happened to your ear?"
13: "I'll make sure to invite you to my birthday party!"
14: "So Shere Khan and Dumbo walked into a bar."
15: "You got me. It is I-Batman."
16: "How 'bout Count Verti-no!"
17: "If Cyra was there, then you would probably be doing something destructive."
18: "Bow to your new queen!"
19: "I knew I shouldn't have shown up today."
20: "Trust me, I'm as mentally stable as you can get."
21: "NINETY-EIGHT BOTTLES OF MILK ON THE WALL!"
22: "What's wrong with saying 'dude'?"
23: "Mood."
24: "Did anyone bring the catnip?"
25: "Good thing I wasn't probed."
26: "Looks like capitalist greed is universal."
27: "Did I just make Wally West speechless?"
28: "There's a less chance of the house being destroyed when Cyra's not in it."
29: "Cyra is like a raccoon."
30: "Walt Disney is haunting me."
31: "I'm not hungry. My stomach is full of deceit."
32: "Are you here about the five dollar large pizzas?"
33: "Aww, teenagers' quarrel."
34: "Superboy would treat me better than this."
35: "What? No 'welcome home, dad'?"
36: "What type of knight would I be if I puked on my princess?"
37: "Why didn't you hit me first? I feel insulted."
38: "Where's my goodnight kiss?"
39: "My mom always said that I'd end up at the circus."
40: "Clowns always deserve to get punched."
41: "The Big Bang I"
42: "The Big Bang Part II"
43: "I am the mole."
44: "Well, Team, we got some heroes to beat up."
"In the brightest day, in the blackest night."
Final Note
Q and A
Release Date and Title Reveal
SPECIAL: Charlie's Story
RELEASED!

4: "There is no such thing as too many s'mores."

7.1K 271 231
By TheSpiffyWriter

Mount Justice

July 20, 21:52 EDT

"Gathered a couple of chairs, some firewood, scrounged the pantry for graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows and now we're cozy up together outside—" Wally stopped in his footsteps as his once ignorant face of joy was replaced by one of confusion, "—just the two of us?"

"We're going to need a lot more stuff than that if we're going to go camping!" Robin exclaimed, in his civvies and sunglasses. Cyra stood next to him, wearing a Green Lantern sweatshirt. She was grinning like a madwoman.

"I hope you don't mind, I invited the others to join in the fun with the s'mores," M'gann said innocently.

"Yeah, Wally," Cyra snickered, "you don't mind, do you?"

"Oh—of course not!" Wally said with false enthusiasm that made Cyra smirk. He stuck her tongue out at the Green Lantern. The others took some of his things from his arms, planning to go get some tents to put up. As Wally walked by Cyra, he hissed in her ear. "This is definitely not funny!"

"Really? Because I'm laughing," Cyra said with a short laugh for dramatic effect.

Wally shriveled up his nose at her, but Cyra continued to laugh as she pointed her ring at the two chairs Wally was holding to his chest and floated them up and out of his arms as she started to walk down the hall to the docking bay where they kept the vehicles, fixing for the woods near the Cave.

"Cheer up, it's camping time! And you know what that means—scary stories!"

"This was a great idea, don't you think, Wally?" Robin asked. The Team had found a small clearing in the woods, where they build a fire surrounded by a circle of stones. Three tents were set up, each being able to hold two people. Cyra was on her sixth s'more, marshmallow coating the edges of her mouth. "Camping in the great outdoors!" Robin said as he roasted a marshmallow over the fire.

"I don't remember inviting you—any of you." Wally gave Cyra a pointed glare. "Besides, I didn't say anything about camping either. I said campfire. Big difference between campfire and the whole camping thing. I don't like camping . . . outside . . ."

Cyra snorted. "Where else would you camp out at? Walmart?"

"Camping out at Walmart is fun!"

"Maybe if you don't have a life," Cyra rolled her eyes, starting on her next s'more.

"Unless of course," Wally continued after being interrupted, "I'm camping with that special someone." He looked over at his shoulder where M'gann sat on her chair, smiling widely at her marshmallow in hand.

"Dude," Robin said, "kinda bordering on creepy."

Cyra choked on her s'more as she elbowed Robin, laughing with food in her mouth. Robin did his own little cackle as the green-eyed speedster glared down at them with the wraith of a hundred pretzels.

"Well, I think all of us camping is a wonderful idea!" M'gann stated.

Wally smirked. "She doesn't seem to think so."

"She's probably on a sugar overload," Robin dismissed.

"Thanks to Wally, I get to try s'mores for the first time!" M'gann declared, her cheeks stuffed with marshmallow-y goodness—a true gift from the gods, the savior to planet Earth, the only comfort the people will have once a nuclear fallout occurs or alien invasion, devastating the planet and leaving those alive to wonder around, searching for the mental trash cans around the slums with a bright fire. A gang of dirty people around, holding a stick—the closest thing to a weapon at that time—over the flame. Besides that, they have no supplies. Except, that is, for a bag of white, pristine, marshmallows.

"What can I say? I'm a sweetie. Ha, get it? 'Cause s'mores are sweet?" Wally's words shocked Cyra back into present time, out of the vision of the future.

"Ha, ha, ha," Cyra said dryly. She began to roast another marshmallow over the fire.

"So, this is what you do when you go camping?" Superboy asked. "Sleep in these flimsy things called, 'tents' and sit around the fire?"

"Yeah, that's pretty much about is, so if you want to head back home I can sit out here with Ms. M . . . alone," Wally added suggestively.

"You're about as subtle as a trainwreck, you know that?" Robin said with a small smirk, his arms crossed over his chest. He briefly undid his arms to give Cyra a knuckle punch before going back down to his original pose.

"You're not going to catch any fish unless you go fishing, dude." Wally looked behind to a horrified Kaldur. "No offense, dude."

"You must be allergic to fish then. I'm not talking about you, Kaldur."

"Shut up, Cyra. I don't see you flaunting around a date anywhere."

"I have many suitors," Cyra said, pushing her chin up and spoke poshly. "But none deserve my hand."

"Ha, sure. I doubt it," Wally said.

Cyra shrugged and looked down at her nails, fakely examining them. "Believe what you want, but your girl Cyra is wanted by everyone."

Wally shook his head doubtfully. "I don't want you."

"Oh—" Cyra looked at him slyly. "—but you do."

Robin cackled.

"No, usually you sit around the campfire and tell stories," Robin informed M'gann.

"Yes!" Cyra cheered, pumping her fists in the air. "Let's tell scary stories! That will help get everyone in the Halloween spirit!"

"It's July, Cyra," Robin frowned.

"Never to early to start getting out Spooky Scary Skeletons!"

"I would love to hear your story, Kaldur. Could you tell us how you became Aqualad?" M'gann asked, clapping her hands together.

"That's not a scary story." Cyra frowned.

"Yeah, I was thinking more of a ghost story type of thing but I guess . . . whatever," Robin shrugged and looked back towards the fire. The Boy Wonder was still wearing his sunglasses, even at night. Fact: can't trust someone who wears sunglasses at night.

Kaldur smiled softly. "Oh. I suppose I could do that if you do not think it would be too boring."

"Not at all!" M'gann reassured him. "I'd love to hear it. I'm sure we all would."

Cyra turned around in her log to face the Atlantean. "You have my ears," she offered. "Try to make it as scary as possible. I want to stay awake long enough to eat more s'mores."

"Well, I grew up in the city of Shayaris, which is a city in Atlantis," Aqualad started. "Surface dwellers think Atlanteans are the same, but our kingdom has many different cities, many people, many cultures."

Cyra closed her eyes so she could imagine life under the water. Underwater people swimming about big buildings built underground, with different skins and looks, some with gills and others with fins or sometimes large scary teeth that all it wants to do is smile.

"When I was twelve, I completed my education and began my mandatory service in the Atlantean military, which is standard for all at that age. After a while, I was transferred to the prestigious Conservatory for Sorcery in the Atlantean capital of Poseidonis."

Cyra laughed to herself at the thought of a small guppy Aqualad with a camouflage helmet and gun being shoved in his hand.

"Queen Mera is the headmistress of the Conservatory and wife to King Orin, Aquaman. It was a different time for me. It was difficult, as it would be for anyone at the age of fourteen I suppose, but also a time where I met friends that I know will be with me for a lifetime." Aqualad smiled lightly again before his face changed to one of shadows. "Then came a day—a horrible day when Poseidonis was attacked by the Ocean Master. I can remember it vividly, as if it only happened yesterday. It was the day Aquaman almost nearly met his end."

Cyra gasped fakely for the appeal before Kaldur continued with his superhero origin.

"Aquaman and the Ocean Master fought for what seemed like hours. When they clashed, it seemed to shake the very foundations of the city. Ocean Master had gained the upper hand and nearly defeated Aquaman—correction: he was defeated. Garth—a fellow student and friend—and I intervened on the King's behalf. It was the only thing we could think on doing. The danger had not occurred to us, the only thing that mattered was the kind was in trouble."

Kaldur and his friend, Garth, could be seen like a movie with Kaldur's heavy words. Then going to save their king and seeing no reason otherwise except that they believed enough in the throne to keep him safe. Two students and nothing more at that point jumping in against a powerful hero. Cyra could see herself doing the same thing for her mentor.

"It may have been one of the most foolish things Garth and I have ever done, as we nearly met our own end. We had no hope of defeating him, but the time we spent engaged in battle gave our king enough time to recover and Aquaman triumphed over Ocean Master that day. He was able to drive him away from the city—saving us all."

The blonde clapped.

"Aquaman is a being of two worlds. On the surface world, he fights for the justice of all beings. Under the sea, he is a leader to many. Both carry the weight of responsibilities—overwhelming responsibilities. Only the best can carry such burdens for so long. Even Aquaman cannot do both forever. Realizing on the surface world that both Batman and Green Arrow have taken on apprentices that could one day take over their respective mantels, King Orin had been contemplating the same idea.

"With this in mind, he approached both Garth and myself with the possibilities of becoming his protégés. I must admit the offer intrigued me immediately. I had never been to the surface world and I am the first to admit I am a bit of an adventurer. Many times a day in class I would dream of visiting distant oceans and even one day—the surface world. Both Garth and I seriously considered the King's offer.

"Garth ultimately choose to continue his studies with Queen Mera at the Conservatory of Sorcery. For me however, the chance to visit the surface world was a dream come true. So at the age of fourteen, I became Aqualad!" Aqualad declared with new vigoration before adding on with a low note in his voice, "I miss my friends. Garth. Tula . . . but the chance of working with my mentor and king was an opportunity I could not surpass. I like to think the work I am doing makes a difference.

"The rest of the story you know. Aquaman brought Aqualad to the surface world . . . and now I am here with you," Kaldur finished up.

"Wow, so you wanted to be Aqualad?" M'gann asked.

"Yes. The opportunity arose and I could think of no other path."

"Does that mean your going to take Aquaman's place as a king when he dies?" Cyra asked excitedly before realizing what she said. "I mean—if he dies?"

Kaldur laughed. "No, that position is for the heir when they are born. But me becoming Aquaman?" Kaldur looked as if he was watching over a far distance. "Is a discussion for another time."

"If you think he wanted to be Aqualad so bad? Let me tell you how I got started," Wally said, shoving his thumb into his chest.

"Let me guess, you ate something you shouldn't have?" Cyra jokes.

"Coming from the girl with s'mores all over her face," Wally sang. Cyra scowled before turning away to wipe some of the chocolate, marshmallow, and pieces of graham cracker off her corner of her mouth. Wally chuckled. "Anyways, my story literally goes back a couple of generations. Each generation of the Flash started with a bang! Literally!"

"Jay Garrick was in a freak lab accident and BOOM! There he is! During the forties and fifties he was everywhere! The fastest man alive!" Wally declared with a large flourish of his hands. "Jay Garrick was the world's first Flash! Then one day, this guy comes along, a huge fan of the Flash, wanting to know all about Jay Garrick. Back in those days he didn't really hide his identity. He contacts Jay and the two spend hours and hours about his adventures and the accident that turned him into the Flash."

Hmm, Cyra thought. It was almost like she too could think of someone constantly annoying a person for information. She could be referring to two people, the Boy Wonder next to her who has far since burned his s'more, or the boy who just launched into a long tale about what he believed to be the world' most interesting topic—himself.

"Now, this guy even went as far to recreate the accident that created the original Flash. But where Jay Garrick's accident was a complete freak thing, this guy recreated the experiment under lab conditions."

"You're going to have to dull it down for the kids who failed science," Cyra said dryly, motioning to herself.

"He set the whole thing up in a lab and tried to make it happen," Wally explained. "Results? Still a big explosion but lo and behold he becomes speedy-mcspeed-speed himself! He's now the Flash! Well, not the original Flash but the new Flash—the one we all know. I mean—" Wally struggled to make sense of what he was saying even though everyone understood. Cyra especially understood Wally was a boozoo. "—there's the Jay Garrick Flash and now there's the new Flash. You know, it just occurred to me that they could have probably used different names. Anyways . . . this time he's even faster than Flash, well, the old Flash. It even gave him more speed."

Wally began to speak in a quicker fashion, "Okay, so check this! The second Flash is the fan of the first Flash—Jay Garrick. It turns out that great minds think alike because I was a fan of the Flash! The first one, not the second one. Well, I was a fan of Jay Garrick, the first one after I got to know him but he was a little before my time."

"We get it," Cyra rolled her eyes. "Different Flashes, all have the same name. Can we move on now?"

"And that coming from Green Lantern triple?" Robin chuckled. Cyra glared at him.

"You're supposed to be on my side!" Robin snorted at the blonde's words.

"Long story short—"

"Very long story," Cyra added and the others laughed. Wally waved her away as if he was waving away a fly.

"As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, long story short, one day I was in my uncle's house, stumbled across his notebooks and got the shock of a lifetime! That was the day I found out my uncle was the Flash!" Wally looked to Cyra.

"Ah!" She gasped with a significant less enthusiasm than she did for Kaldur. Wally shook his head, giving up on her.

"Once the shock passed a bit, I kept reading. He was keeping a journal of all of his experiences and experiments—"

"The Flash keeps a diary?" Cyra raised an eyebrow. A glitter of mischief danced in her amber eyes, illuminated by the orange and red flames of the fire. "We should totally steal it and read it to the League."

"Can you stop interrupting!" Wally barked. Cyra put her hands up in defense before making a zipping of the mouth hand motion and throwing away the key. Wally took in a deep breath, tossing Cyra a warning look. "He kept note of all of his experiments, including the one that made him the Flash. The second one, not the first—"

"We get it already!" Everyone shouted. Except for Cyra, who still had her mouth zipped up.

"Stop interrupting!" Wally demanded. "When I found that out, I kept hinting to my Uncle that the Flash could maybe use a partner. I tried to convince him that the Flash could use and probably needed a partner. I mean, come on, by this time Bats already had Robbie over there and Green Arrow had Speedy. This was a no-brainer! I've got to admit, the Flash was a little resistance at first—"

"Does this sound confusing to anyone else?" Superboy asked, his arms crossed over his muscular chest. Cyra nodded wordlessly. She really hoped she could find that key later.

"Just let me finished and you will be confused no more, Supey," Wally promised. Cyra doubted it. "So, having seen his journal just like how he was the previous Flash's, I try to recreate the experiment with my own chemistry set."

Cyra raised an eyebrow. She should go buy some ten dollar chemistry set herself and give herself superspeed. If it was that easy, why couldn't everyone do it?

"And what do you know? I was able to do it!"

"The experiment actually worked?" Kaldur tilted his head doubtfully.

"Well . . . not at first actually.

Cyra had to keep in her coughing laughter at Kid Idiot getting put into some hospital for trying to give himself superspeed. What a nerd, she thought. It was as if Wally was the one with telepathy instead of M'gann as he shot her an undeserved glare.

"It didn't happen at first, but after a couple of weeks I was off and running. I couldn't wait to show the Flash! When he saw that I had powers, how could he not want me as his partner? You guys should have seen his face when I showed him! This time he jumped at the chance to have a partner. Flash couldn't wait to show the world! The Flash was beyond ecstatic! He couldn't contain his excitement! It was the most exciting day in the history of the world!"

Superboy and Cyra exchanged a sideways glance. Good thing Wally didn't notice or he might just have to try to re-explain the Flash's to make sure they understood.

"Why, you ask?" Wally asked his crowd, his eyes daring them to ask the question to make his whole monologue seem worth it.

"Just for the record, no one ever did," Robin smirked.

"That's the day the world got Kid Flash!" Wally sat back with a smug grin on his face, his arms crossed. "You. Are. Welcome."

Cyra widened her eyes and moved her arms and head as if she was cheering.

"How can you still be so sarcastic when you're not talking?" Wally narrowed his eyes.

"We are all thrilled you are so speed-capable," Robin amused him.

"What's the matter?" Wally grinned. "Jealous?"

"Sheeyeah, right! Jealous of you?"

"Can you tell us how you got started, Robin?" M'gann asked.

"Ha ha!" Wally snorted. Robin pulled a face. "Are you kidding me?" Wally continued, putting his fingers over his head to mimic those of a bat. "Bats won't even let him tell you his real name!" Wally laughed again. "I mean . . . you'll probably better get a better origin story out of Supey over here."

"But you already told me his story, didn't you? You said the four of your rescued him from Cadmus."

"Yeah, we did," Wally sighed.

"Yes, chronologically Superboy is only sixteen weeks old," Kaldur said.

". . . and you have no memory of things before being rescued?" M'gann asked Superboy.

Superboy hesitated to speak at first, but slowly said, "I have some memories . . . from the G-gnome. It would teach me about the world outside while I was in a containment pod."

"So you can remember things? When you were in the containment pod they could feed you information and you'd remember it, right?"

"I guess so." Superboy shrugged.

"Well, if you can remember what they taught you, you must have been thinking about things as they fed you information. What did you think about?"

"When I was in the containment pod I was fed . . ." Superboy got a hard look on his face. "—information. I really didn't start thinking for myself until after I got out."

"What kind of things do you think about now?" M'gann asked, a twinkle on concern in her voice.

Everyone watched silently for the Superman clone's answer (even though Cyra didn't really have an option in that silent part under the laws of the mime).

"The one thing . . ." Superboy rubbed his chin. "That's always on my mind is . . ."

They were all on the edge of their invisible seats. Cyra could imagine the end of his sentence. Something about hating monkeys, or the G-gnomes, or even how amazing the Green Lantern Cyra Brion was. Realistic things, but instead Superboy said with anger burning in his throat—

"Destroying Superman."

"Did you guys just hear what he said?" Wally demanded, shaking one of Cyra's shoulders. "Did you hear what Superboy just said?"

Cyra motioned desperately to her mouth and Wally rolled his eyes. He went along, pretending to fish out a key from his pocket and unlocked Cyra's mouth, unzipping it for her. What a gentleman.

The blonde took in a deep breath as if she couldn't breathe with her mouth closed. "Yeah, I heard," Cyra shrugged.

"Hunh? What?" Robin said, not even speaking his weird English at this point.

"He just said he wanted to take down Superman!" Wally motioned to the clone.

"He couldn't do it, so I have no worries," Cyra brushed it off before looking at Superboy. "No offense."

"Are you serious? Superboy?" M'gann asked, standing up from her seat.

"It's how I feel sometimes," Superboy admitted. "What if that's why I was created? What if that's the only reason I was created."

"That's not possible!" M'gann said strongly.

"Yeah! Look at all the good stuff you've done so far," Wally added.

"Totally," Cyra nodded along. "You're hero behavior in a nutshell."

"What would be the possible reasoning behind this thinking?" Kaldur asked.

"I just feel . . . I don't know how I feel." Superboy let out a breath of frustration. "Sometimes . . . thoughts happen."

"I get those too buddy," Cyra clutched the sides of her head. "They're awful."

"Not those kind of thoughts," Superboy snapped.

"Those would be silly thoughts and you should put them out of your head," M'gann advised.

"He does have a valid point. We really don't know anything about what they did to him at Cadmus yet," Robin shrugged.

Cyra shook her head at Robin quickly.

"We know he's one of the good guys and we know he's apart of this team!" Wally said.

"For once, I agree with Kid Idiot and that's how you know I'm telling the truth because I would never agree with him otherwise." Cyra put her hand up.

"Thank you—hey!" Wally barked.

"Fast, but slow on the uptake," Cyra tsked and shook her head.

"In my words, actions speak louder than words. Superboy has proven his intentions with action," Kaldur said confidently before Wally could continue on the banter-play with the Green Lantern.

Wally put his arm on Superboy's shoulder and held out a s'more. "Yeah. Put those thoughts out of your head, Superboy. Here, have another s'more."

"Thanks, everyone," Superboy said as he took a bite of the s'more.

Cyra checked in the clear bag and groaned. "That was the last one!"

Superboy smiled as he continued to eat his as Cyra glared at him hungrily.

"Hey, you haven't told us your story, M'gann," Cyra said, patting the log next to her. M'gann smiled and sat down next to the Green Lantern.

"Yeah!" Both Robin and Wally gave their support.

"Okay, since you all told your stories. I guess to start, I'm from Mars." M'gann slapped her hand on her head. "Ugh! Hello, M'gann! You guys already knew that."

"Start from the good stuff," Cyra advised. M'gann nodded.
"All Martians live in underground tunnels because the surface is uninhabitable. Our family lives are very intertwined. As you know, we mostly communicate telepathically. The form of communication we use helps large Martian families maintain a sense of community and stay closer."

Cyra remembered back to how M'gann's telepathic probing felt like she had access to everything in her head, which she does. The only reason the Martian doesn't do such things is that of Earth's culture. How do Martians live so openly with each other? Cyra better learns soon because as a Green Lantern she'll probably visit there.

"Larger? How many are in your family?" Wally asked.

"Martian families are usually quite large. I have twelve sisters and seventeen brothers. In my extended family, I have over three hundred cousins."

"Three hundred?" Wally asked, leaning close to M'gann's face with a mischievous grin on his face.

"Yes?" M'gann said, but it sounded more like a question.

"And are they all hot girls like you?" Wally winked before sitting back down, giving M'gann some breathing room.

"Wow, you are a class act," Robin shook his head at the speedster.

"Dude, three hundred girls who look just like her. That's a planet I like to visit!"

Cyra whistled at the number. "That makes my nine look loosey."

"Nine?" Robin's eyebrows rose over his sunglasses.

"Are you serious?" Wally questioned.

Cyra shrugged as she leaned back, her arms keeping her stable behind her. "You lose count of them all after a while."

"Well, half of my cousins are males, but yes, most Martians look very similar—green like myself and Uncle J'ohn. But there are others with . . . differences." M'gann seemed hesitant to tell this half of her story but trooped on nonetheless. "There are also Martian that is red and white. Some on my planet do not see the whites as equals. My parents were both green and I was raised in what you would call a 'liberal' type environment. My family—I—had no issues with white Martians. Others were not as tolerant and the treatment of white Martians was especially horrible."

"How did you happen to come to Earth?" Kaldur asked, popping a marshmallow me must have been hiding onto a stick. Cyra narrowed her eyes. What a dirty traitor. If he wasn't a fish, Cyra would say feed him to the fishes.

"Of all the brothers, sisters, parents, aunts, and uncles, the family I was closest to was Uncle J'ohn. We had a great relationship." M'gann smiled. "We would watch his exploits on Earth with the rest of the Justice League. He grew to be a true beacon of hope and stood for what our society could achieve. He became the most famous Martian in our history! Upon his return to Mars, it was declared a day of planetwide celebration. When he came back it was not just for the adulation of our population. He also had a specific purpose in mind."

Cyra wondered if that what it would be like visiting other planets. Of course, she wanted to stay on Earth. That's where everything in her past and future was, but going to a different planet, saving them, and then them being so grateful they party for just her showing up again sounded pretty good too. Maybe Cyra could be a freeload Lantern and just go whenever. She'd have to pitch that to the Guardians. She already kind of had an idea on what their answer would be.

"Having learned about all you—Robin, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Speedy, and Green Lantern—J'ohn decided to introduce a younger Martian hero to Earth. J'ohn J'onzz came to Mars and declared he would hold a competition to find the next Martian hero that would be returning with him to fly among the heroes of Earth. I decided I would enter the competition, as did what seemed like half the Martian population. I, however, was coming to Earth.

"The competition was fierce and dangerous! It was exciting and consumed the lives of every single Martian on the planet. At first, Uncle J'ohn seemed like he didn't want me to compete. I thought maybe it was because he did not want me coming to Earth. I had seen some of his adventures and they were life-threatening and dangerous but I wasn't going to let that stop me. I was determined to win! From everything that I had seen and heard of Earth up until that point, I found that I loved it!"

Cyra could totally see M'gann flying through loops and throwing things far with her telekinesis. Maybe she had to use here ghost moves to go through her opponents and then wrestle them to the ground! Cyra fully believed that Miss Martian was someone to be trifled with. Not powerful enough to defeat a Green Lantern of course, but she was a good few paces behind.

"I wanted to come see Earth for myself. I would not be bested! I won the whole competition!"

Cyra whooed into the air. Wally glared. "You didn't do that for me."

"Because I hate your guts," Cyra said without looking at him. Wally faked drying tears out of the corner of his eyes.

"My heart soared!" M'gann threw her arms out and looked up to the dark night like Rose on the Titanic. "I was coming to Earth! This was the most exciting time of my life! Now I am here with all of you, and I am apart of the Team and I truly love it!"

"We are all happy you are here with us as well, M'gann," Kaldur smiled.

"You could say that again!" Wally said.

"Team Green!" Cyra cheered as she held up her fist to bump. M'gann giggled before completing the action.

"What about your story, Cyra?" M'gann asked politely. "I'm sure you have a lot to share."

Cyra grinned lazily. "You can't handle my story. Not yet at least."

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but I think I had one s'more too many. I'm going to hit the old sleeping bag." Robin rubbed his stomach.

"There is no such thing as too many s'mores," Cyra shook her head at his weakness.

"Yes! This has been such a wonderful evening but I'm excited to sleep in a tent!" M'gann cheered.

"I'm right behind you!" Wally volunteered, running to where M'gann entered one of the tents.

Cyra slid in his way, putting up her hand, touching his chest and stopping his assault. "Not so fast Kid Flirt. You're sleeping with the Boy Wonder."

"C'mon," Wally leaned down so Cyra had to look up at the taller boy. "There's enough of the Wall-Man for two of you."

Cyra put her hand on his face and pushed him away, causing him to stutter step backward. "I don't think we'll need you to have a good time," she smirked before disappearing inside the tent.

"Not fair!" Wally yelled as the tent zipped up. From inside, Cyra could hear Wally yell, "Hey, next time do you think we should go camping for real, like at a real camping place instead of just in our backyard?"

"You don't strike me as the outdoorsy type. Tonight we're sleeping about five feet from the Cave entrance. Maybe next time we can try down the hill a bit," Robin promised.

[Based on Young Justices comics 5-6]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 151 16
IN WHICH: - ASTRA was born to be a hero and it won't take much convincing for the justice league to look past her playful remarks to realize tha...
190K 6.2K 42
Hal Jordan was a fun loving, easy going guy, fighting the bad guys to protect earth and fitting in with his new team, the justice league! Then he...
56K 1.6K 32
Captain Atom, a renowned member of Earth's Justice League has followed the example of some of his league mates, taking on a protege of his own. Clai...
6.4K 168 6
Batman has Robin. Flash has Kid Flash. Green Arrow had Speedy and then Artemis. Superman has Superboy wheater he likes it or not. Aquaman has Aqualad...