Delusional

Da tstoddard7

Alex must find a way back to reality after waking up in a strange place where your fears haunt you. He meets... Altro

Number 1
Number 2
Number 3
Number 4
Number 5
Number 6
Number 7
Number 8
Number 9
Number 10
Number 11
Number 13
Number 14
Number 15
Number 16
Number 17
Number 18
Number 19
Number 20
Number 21
Number 22
Number 23
Number 24
Number 25
Number 26
Number 27
Number 28

Number 12

1 0 0
Da tstoddard7

Daniel and Evelyn were standing behind me, Number 1 had the screwdriver in her right hand. We were ready to defend ourselves. She swung open the door with her left hand.

She jumped out into the hallway, I stood by ready to attack, she walked beyond our vision. When I heard nothing, and saw nothing, I got nervous.

"Wait here." I reached down and picked up the wood plank, and handed it to Evelyn, "Use this, if necessary." I picked up another plank, one in which I hadn't sharpened. I walked out, whispering Number 1's name.

I stood in an area where Daniel, Evelyn and I could see each other. I called out her name again. I heard the sweeping of someone's feet on the floor. I then heard a groan. "Number 1! Are you hurt?" I immediately thought she had gotten injured, and was groaning in pain.

When the sweeping sound got louder, and the groaning got deeper, I thought it sounded strange, like something out of a horror movie. I tightened my grip around the plank. I looked at Daniel and Evelyn, Evelyn was standing in front of Daniel holding the plank with her good arm. Her knuckles had turned white from gripping it so hard.

I got into a formation with the plank at my right side, so I have an easy shot at the stomach. Stepping just a little closer to Daniel and Evelyn, to get a better view of the darkness. The structure of a face and body shaped out in the shadows. The groans stopped, as did the sweeping noise. The figure stood there, not moving an inch, then it leapt forward, screeching, sending shivers up my spine.

It had blood running down its leg that was sweeping on the floor, his head had been smashed in a bit and a hatchet was still stuck in his skull. He sprinted towards me, screeching out bloodthirsty cries. I stepped my right foot forward ready to strike. Number 1 came running down the hall and leaping on his shoulders, not even hesitating to stab the screwdriver into his brain repeatedly.

He collapsed to the ground, she held the bloody screwdriver in her hand, breathing heavily. She reached down and pulled the hatchet from his skull, walking past me and handing it to Daniel.

"What the fuck was that?" Daniel said, holding the hatchet as far from him as possible.

"Let me see your leg." I said, walking over to Daniel and shutting the door behind me.

"We just got that opened, why are you shutting it?" Daniel asked, sitting against the wall, leaving the hatchet on the floor next to him.

Number 1 grabbed a chair from the room, that I don't remember being there before, and leaned it against the door, under the handle. "We don't want them to come in." Evelyn answered for me, she sat down next to Daniel.

I unwrapped Daniel's leg and was about to push on his injury when Evelyn grabbed my arm. "What are you doing?"

"Trust me." I moved her arm from my hand, I push down on his leg, but he didn't scream, "Just like I thought."

"What?" Daniel pushed on his leg with all his strength, he then unwrapped all of his injuries, and pushed down on them. Evelyn doing the same to herself.

"Things keep changing around here, first, aliens of course, then me and Number 1's injuries faded, then we found you and your cuts faded, then a zombie attacked us, and now you don't have any injury at all. I think‒"

"Whoa, zombies? Are you kidding me? That's just a scary story." Daniel swung the hatchet over his shoulder.

"Well, we did never think that aliens were real. And honestly, zombies are more of a possibility than aliens, and they're scarier" Evelyn said, standing up and holding the plank in her hand.

"Yeah, but..." Daniel thought for a second and then looked at me and Evelyn, "You two are going to need a better weapon, and if you look around, this room has changed, majorly, find something bigger, heavier, and sharper."

"He's right, if they are anything like the movies and the stories, we have to hit them in the brain, and then they'll stop." Evelyn looked around for a weapon.

"Also, hit them more than once, double tap." I turned around to look for a weapon and saw Number 1, her clothes had changed, as a matter of fact, so had mine, and Evelyn and Daniel.

I put the plank in my belt that I had on. I looked around the shelves, the room had gotten larger, and it had shelves of crap, chairs stacked, sacks of sand, wood planks, and... a different door.

"Hey, you guys, there is a second door over here." I pointed at the strange grey door. It looked like a garage door.

"Isn't that a garage door?" Evelyn walked over to me, she had on blue jeans, a red sweatshirt, and tennis shoes, and a headband holding back her spiky hair.

She had a hammer in her hand, the plank in her pocket, and a wrench in the other pocket. Daniel walked over to me. He had on a blue tee shirt, black jeans, and dark blue low tops. He had his hatchet slung over his shoulder, "It looks like it," he put the hatchet down by his feet and then saw his clothes, "Whoa, has anyone noticed our clothes are different?"

"Yes, Daniel. I'm thinking everyone but you did." I walked over to the garage door and peeked through the windows, they were too blurry to see through clearly, but I could see a figure or two moving around.

"Then how come no one said it?" Daniel picked up his hatchet again and walked to the other window.

"Because we already went through how things were changing." I turned around and started looking for a weapon, one easy enough to carry, but also easy to kill with.

Daniel kept watch at the garage door, Number 1 at the other door, she had picked up a second hammer, along with her original screwdriver. So if we were in a garage, this place should be crawling with great weapons. I peeked around the shelves, and couldn't find much worth taking. I picked up a big piece of wood lying on the ground, and found a shovel, I picked that up, only to see a hand saw lying underneath it, I thought if I picked that up another handy weapon would appear, but it didn't so I took both of those.

I picked up a small duffel bag, I put in the saw, some wrenches, and a few more tools that could help, there was no food, but there was a case of water, we each shared one bottle, all of us were dehydrated. I put the remaining water in the bag, surprisingly, it wasn't that heavy, I swung the bag over my shoulder, and held the shovel with both hands.

We stood in front of the garage door. Daniel reached down with the hatchet in his hands, and pulled the door up. We had our weapons ready. Number 1 and me ran out first, spinning in circles. We didn't see anything, so we signaled for Evelyn and Daniel to come out with us.

It was chilly outside, and of course it was night time. The wind shook the trees, the leaves danced in the wind. We all took in the breeze. I walked out further into the street, and spun in circles.

"Alright. As much as I want to take this all in, another one of the stories is they can only hear, but then another myth is they can see and smell. So we don't know if any of these are true. But, let's just keep going." I tightened my grip, and looked around. "We should check some of these houses for food."

"Agreed." Daniel said.

"Okay, well, we're not going to be like the stupid people in movies, where they split up to cover more grounds. That's too cliche. So we will all go into the same house together and then split into two groups, but don't get out of each other's sight. Does everyone got it. I'm not gonna die by a fucking zombie." I gripped my shovel so tight my knuckles turned white. Number 1 gripped her hammer tightly, Evelyn and Daniel stood by each other ready to go.

"Alright, so which house should we go into first?" Evelyn asked.

"Well. We could go into the house we came out of?" Daniel said, but it was more of a question, he turned to me, "What do you think, Alex?"

They all looked at me, waiting for my answer. "Well, we know that there was a zombie in the house we came out of, so I'm willing to guess there are more. So, I say we go to the one next door." I pointed the tip of my shovel to the neighboring house.

"Alright, sound good to me." Daniel smirked.

"Good. Let's go." I started to walk to the house, Number 1 beside me, Daniel and Evelyn behind me, guarding the back.

When I got to the door, I tried looking in the windows, but they were all boarded up. I tried to open the door, but it was locked. "We should try the back." I turn and start to walk down the porch stairs.

"Why don't we just break it down?" Daniel got his hatchet ready.

"No. We don't want to attract them. If we make too much noise, they will come to us. Plus, if the door is locked up here, there are two options of what is in the house. One, it's zombie free with or without survivors. Or two, the people who locked it up, are the zombies inside of the house. So, either way I'm being safe because, A, I don't want to get shot at and B, I don't want to get eaten."

I walked down the steps, and with caution around the side of the house, jumping over the private fence. I looked around, and signaled for the others to climb over as well. I felt safe being in the private fence, until I saw a hole in the fence, big enough for at least three people to stand side by side.

"Someone guard that hole, and call out if you see movement." I ordered.

"Sure thing." Evelyn said, standing a few feet away from the hole, but watching it intensely.

I walked up to the back door, there was obviously a forced entry, "I'm not sure we should go into this house, being the hole, and how the door was forced open, it doesn't feel safe." I whispered.

"I know what you mean, but we got to eat, we haven't ate since we've been here, and most likely neither have you. We could just see though, right?" Daniel asked.

"I suppose, but I still just..." I was cut off.

"Alex!" Evelyn yelled for me, I turned and ran to her, leaving the others by the door. When I got to her, I saw a horde of them heading straight for the fence. Like they knew where we were.

"Shit!" I yelled.

"Alex!" Daniel hollered my name, I spun around to see another horde of zombie by the door, walking slowly out of the house.

"Fuck! Head for the corner and start to climb. Don't leave anyone behind!" She all sprinted to the area we climbed over. Evelyn was the first to jump up, but she screamed and fell back towards us.

"They're over there too!" Evelyn stood back up, picking up her weapon.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" Daniel started to freak out.

"Then I guess we have no other choice but to fight back. We will make our way to the house, taking out the rest inside, we will block the back door, and go up stairs. We'll figure out the rest then." I commanded.

"Or get cornered." Daniel said, with a small quiver in his voice.

"We have to, it's our only chance." Evelyn said reassuringly. But we were all thinking the same thing. Number 1 had a face of determination, but her eyes said otherwise.

"Alright! Lets kick some ass!"

We all ran together heading for the horde. My shovel came crashing down on the closest one. We were going to live!

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

Who are We? Da Dev

Fantascienza

3.3K 99 50
A boy and girl wakes up memory blanked in another world. Where they encounters many extra ordinary circumstances with their friends.
311 17 22
This is a story about a ex scientist that is walking around a post apocalyptic world infested by monsters known as Shadows that are impossible to har...
14 0 1
A gruesome medical accident occurs, leaving a sick man alone to fend for himself in a post-human world... or is he alone...?
82 21 27
Set in a post-apocalyptic world, a handful of survivors try to regain the lost balance between the living and the dead. On their way, they will find...