Complacent Dreamers

By blu_sparks

Isabella Meyers is a fifteen year old writer, with an evil stepmother and a alcoholic father. When Bella's st... More

Cast Dedications Thank You's
Say Goodbye To HollyWood
The Watcher
All B****** are the same. Except Blondes
Dream On
Kim
Walk this Way
Superman
It Was A Good Day
Hometown Glory
Seduction
This Or That
Return To Sender
Love You More
Going through Changes
Biz Ness? A Fan?
I'm Bad
See ya later
Seriously its not funny
Tris helps
Kim Part II
Crazy in Love
School Flunky
Loud Noises
Puke
Hangover...
Im back
Harry Bunner
Psychopath Killer
What did you just say???
Another family story.
Isabella.
Nirvana
Bailey
OutLawz
Cinderella Wasnt From Detroit
College here we come
After So Long
We Made You
Purple Pills
Die alone
Curtain Call

We As Americans

376 19 13
By blu_sparks

December 26, 1989

It was probably Dawn right now, and I was the only one still sleep. I felt sick for some reason and I have a weird tingling in my head. Something was stuck to my face and it felt like paper. I peeled the envelopes off and felt a sticky gloss covering my cheek. The envelopes were empty and underneath were the letters. Guess I read them all last night. My stomach felt really bad and since it was close to Christmas Day...

I rushed out of the bed and went to the restroom. It was locked so someone was in there. I knocked hard over and over again till I heard someone speak up. "Hol up Kim I'm pissing!" It was Marshall! Gosh I really needed the restroom right now and my bag. "It's not Kim Mickey it's Bella!" I banged continually and he still didn't open. "I'm almost done one sec!" My 'gas' was probably 'leaking' right now and I really needed the restroom so I could change it. The door swung open and how grateful I was. "Morning." He shrugged. I pushed right by him and locked the door.

I pulled my pants down and yea I think you know what I did next. I forgot my period comes around this time and I didn't even remember. I didn't have any tampons so I just used a pad. Gosh I hate having a period because you can't really do anything. In the words of my mother...'Boys have things hanging from them...if they can do anything so can you.' I laughed as I washed my hands and I'd take a bath later, I just wanted to have some time to myself to write.

Marshall was in his room when I got there and he was watching Little Rascals. His legs were behind him and he fiddled with the remote in his hands. "What's up with you?" He asked. "Oh umm you know just girl stuff." He rolled his eyes and went back to the television. "You're on your period aren't you?" I poured and nodded slowly. "I live with three girls bells. I knew what was wrong with you from the moment you pounded on the door because you never use the restroom much." I laid next to him and rested my head on his shoulder. "You know me so well." He chuckled and pushed me off of him. "Hey I don't want vagina blood on me." I slapped his arm and he chuckled. "Nah I'm just kidding, come here."

We laid together just watching the movie when we heard the door slam. Kim must've left. But I heard other voices. Manly like. "Who's that?" I whispered. "Umm I think it's Bugz and Proof." I nodded and went back to watching the movie. "You guys either go up there with Marshall and Bella or get the hell outta here." I heard Debbie yell. Marshall flipped the tv off and opened the door for them. "Your mom looks high man." Bugz said. "Yea she's been popping pills man. Scared for er' "

"Haha she fine. hey bells." I waved to them and flipped the tv back on. Proof hopped on the bed and nudged me. "Mmm." I moaned. "What's wrong with you?" He asked. "She's on her period Proof she's feisty."

"I am not!" I scolded him. "Aww please don't eat me!" Bugz laughed. "You guys are dicks and I hate you!" I grunted, for some reason I felt like hiding. In the closet. By myself. That's weird. Anyway, I scooted off the bed and everyone watched as I oped the door to the closet and hid inside. "Ay yo bells you coming?" Proof yelled.

"Nah man she never comes." Marshall laughed. "Foreal doe are you coming with us?" Marshall laughed even harder. "We're going to Ronnie's." I opened the door and grabbed my jacket and boots.

~~~~Like twelve in the morning~~~~

We were all laughing in the car as we talked about our day at Ronnie's. We listened to hip hop all day, I even got a a shot at rapping, but I just got embarrassed because I didn't really rap I just said a poem I knew. They all said it was good, but I wanted to hide somewhere. The boys and me and Ronnie got to meet his girlfriend who gave me Umm...condoms. She just handed them to me and smirked when she looked at Marshall. No way. Why does everyone think I'm dating him?

Bugz started a balloon fight inside the house with cold water and snow. I got hit the most because every time I tried to hide behind Marshall he just hit me with one. Ronnie hit his girlfriend in the boobs while she was asleep and she went ape shit on him. It was just so freaking crazy.

"Yeah man I love this song!" Marshall said. All of a sudden it went dark inside the car and the music turned off. My smile slowly faded and I looked around at Proof. "What's going on Mickey?" He sighed and turned to us. "The car died. We have to walk." Everyone grunted and I pressed my head on the window. "Whatta bout the car?" Bugz moaned. "We'll come and get it tomorrow. But if we wanna get home we gotta walk."

I opened the door and they followed after. I hugged my jacket close to me and my boots sucked the faint snow left on the streets. My face felt like cold peppermints had melted on them and my hair flew behind me. I was feeling weird because I haven't changed myself all freaking day and my stomach was hurting. I needed to get to a restroom and if I'm not mistaken there is a convenient store close by so I could buy tampons and change. "Say you guys go ahead without me I'm gonna go to the store." They nodded and I watched a they turned the block to head home. It was super dark out and I shouldn't be out here alone, but this was something I had to do.

The lights shined bright from where the store stood and it bounced back off of the puddles of melted snow. I kept my head down and walked in and heard the chime of the bells above me. There was two Indian dudes staring at me when I walked in and it was completely empty in here besides a thick black guy. I smiled at him, but he just stared at me with headphones on his head. I made my way to the back and I felt stares on my spine as I looked at the different brands. I peeked over my shoulder to see the Indian guys just literally rolling their eyes up and down me. The black guy was buying a honey bun and I turned back to the tampons and pads.

Patting my pockets I only felt a dollar. The cheapest they had was three. Just steal it. I debated with myself. Even if I did I still had to go to the restroom to change. Gosh I needed this and I kept peeking over my shoulder at the Indian and the black guy who were all just staring. I looked down at the pack in my hand. I peeled it open, looking over my shoulder and took two out. I didn't wanna do this it would screw up everything. I placed them down when someone came to my ear. "Just take them." I yelped a little before his hand came to contact with my mouth. "I'm not gonna hurt you but if you want them...just take them." I was in total shock and shut my eyes.

"Here I'll do it for you." He murmured. I watched as he grabbed them and slid them into his boxers. "Now. I'm gonna remove my hand. But don't scream or you'll blow it okay?" I nodded frantically slipped his hand away. My heart raced and you could hear the thump thump thump of it. He stood on the side of me and watched. "Now... I'm gonna simply walk away with them and I'll wait for you in the alley across the street." No! I don't wanna go into an alley with a stranger. My dad told me to be careful and that's what I'm gonna do. Unless I wanna die! I nodded and he walked away. "Hey are you gonna pay for those honey buns sir?" The skinny Indian man said.

"Umm nah. You keep em'" He smacked them on the counter and they watched me. He walked out and now I just had to get out. "Have a good night Sundara." I nodded and ran out meeting up with the black guy. "For a second I thought you bailed." He giggled but I was scared to death. "Umm please don't rape me...I'll I'll call the cops." He chuckled and threw me my 'stuff'

"I'm not gonna rape you Bella." My body went frozen and I couldn't breath. But yet I could talk? "How d-do you know my Umm my name?"

"You're Marshall's girlfriend right? Or did I pick the wrong white girl to help?"

"I'm not Marshall's girlfriend. I'm his friend."

"Hmm...couldn't tell the way he talks about you."

"How do you know him." I choked out nervously. "I'm Denaun Porter. I met em' at the hip hop shop." I suddenly felt more comfortable. "Well Ummm can you turn around so I can handle my business?" He laughed and turned his back to me. I rested my forehead on the brick wall on the right of me and slipped my pants down, careful not to get them in the muddy puddles below me. I made sure he wasn't looking and pulled my panties down.

"Ugh." I softly moaned as I slid the tampon in me. When I got done I pulled my pants up and turned to him. "So Denaun Porter ay? What do you do at the Hip Hop Shop? Clean the floors?" He snickered and turned to me. "No. I rap. Almost all M's friends do. Well except you."

"How old are you?"

"Thirteen."

"Whoah?!! You look like a seventeen year old." He smiled at me and kept walking with me to Marshall's. "So um how'd you meet M?"

"See my dad and Debbie are really really close and when my stepmother kicked us out of her house in Washington my dad called Debs so we ended up here." He nodded and I shoved my hands in my pockets. "How'd you know I was Bella?" I asked after it got dead. "What?" He turned to me. "How'd you know I was the bells Marshall always talks about?"

"I studied you. He said you had braces. Light brown hair and green eyes. He also said you were kinda short and Umm can I say it?" I nodded. "He said you kinda looked hot." I was angry at that because didn't he have a girlfriend? "So I was a hot green eyed brown haired girl so you just decided to walk me home?"

"With braces." We shared a laugh. "He also said you're always wearing those." He looked down and I saw my converse he was talking about. "Oh...guess that was a hint." He chuckled and I just kicked the puddles we walked on. "You should come to the hip hop shop Bella."

"I don't know Denaun. Crowded places aren't really my thing anymore."

"Anymore?"

"Yea um I just met you but Umm when I was seven I was at a birthday for I'm my friend and I caught her mom kidding her gym teacher. And I'm just afraid i'll catch another piece if baggage somewhere crowded with people."

"Listen I'm no best friend or whatever but is that 'friend' you?" I breathed and nodded slowly.

"It's in the past Bella. You can't keep living like a recluse."

"I guess you're right. Wait earlier you said you're a rapper."

"Yea."

"So every rapper has a nickname. Yours?"

"Umm it's Kon Artis."

"Why?"

"I don't know I just thought it was pretty clever." I agreed and the house came into place. "Well bye I guess. Don't tell Marshall I found you". "No problem. And hay can I get your number?" He already had it written down in a notebook and he handed it to me. "See ya later Bella." I waved him off and went inside. Everyone was asleep and I guess I just made another friend.

-------------------------

Btw when it hits the 90's I'm gonna stop putting the date for reasons...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 729 43
Fascination of a woman with a mysterious smile. ***************** Liz is a hustler who uses her looks and charm to go in on the wealthiest men in the...
11.5K 531 21
#1 on Eminem hashtag as of May 9th, 2023 Sometimes not existing is a useful tool, it keeps you out of trouble, keeps you secretive and stops you from...
22.7K 436 46
A story about how a local girl who lives in Detroit reunites with Marshall Mathers the third before he became Eminem and how two people grew closer t...
16.9K 641 33
The year is currently 2003 and The Source Magazine has just unveiled an Eminem racist tape, a song where he can clearly be heard rapping disrespectfu...