You Saved Me

By AmazingRach_

Good Read I Promise. Cover by @IssaVibeRonnie More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
Meet Your Author.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
😘
48. final chapter.
❀️
HAPPY NEW YEAR.

13.

19.5K 714 59
By AmazingRach_

After a little over a month, Rod decided it was time he took a trip to his "place of business" just to see how things were running without him.

Walking into the secluded trap house, Rod scanned the place, noticing everything was how he left it. His workers were responsible, giving him less things to stress about.

"Damn boss, we thought something had happened to you, ain't nobody seen or heard from you in a little minute. Everything good?" One of his workers, Tony asked as he approached him.

"Everything straight round my way." Rod answered before walking into the room where the drugs were bagged and packaged for distribution.

The strong smell of cocaine and weed hit his nose at once. They sold nothing but top quality drugs. Before they ever made deals with connects, they made sure to check everything out first. Workers who were down, could even sample the product, just to make sure it was top of the line.

Everyone who worked under Rod was either family or people he'd grown up with. He didn't trust having just anybody around him. Niggas were sneaky. Over money, your life could be taken from you in the blink of an eye. Jealousy was another huge factor in why Rod just didn't let anybody in. Being the head of the streets, meant a lot of niggas coming at your head about being on top, and he didn't need that kind of energy around.

Honestly, if it were up to him, he trade in constantly having to look over his shoulders, for a more legitimate hustle. He'd always dreamed of opening up his own restaurant, or even a food truck. His mom threw down in the kitchen, and before leaving this earth, she made sure to teach him everything she knew about the kitchen.

"Rod, go to your room baby. Let me and daddy talk." His mom looked at him, but for some reason he didn't want to leave her by herself with this man he once looked at as a father figure.

Rod's mother, Kendra, was seeing a guy named Will, after her and Rod's real dad divorced when he was only 3. The new guy had been around for some years, and he had Rod's approval. She never took a guy seriously if Rod didn't like them first.

Tonight, was different, Will came in the house, smelling like alcohol, and the way he was stumbling made it evident, that he'd consumed more than a little bit.

Rod nervously walked back to his room, leaving his door cracked, because something just didn't seem right.

"Who you been fucking?!" Will's voice boomed through the walls of the small apartment.

"Baby, please, just sleep it off, you're talking crazy." Kendra waved him off. For the past few weeks, Will had been accusing her of sleeping around, when HE was in fact the one coming home at all hours of the night. She was never a cheater, and she didn't plan on starting. She loved Will deeply, and couldn't see herself with another man.

He sent a hard slap to her face, making her fall to the floor. She wiped the spit that dripped on her cheek. He had never put his hands on her before.

"Will I promise, I haven't done anything." She cried.

"So why do you have that shit on?" He pointed at her night gown that had lace around the neck line. She wasn't even trying to be sexy, this was just what was comfortable to her, versus the pajamas she usually wore.

"I was going to bed Will." She tried picking herself off the floor, only to be pushed back down.

He sent a kick to her body, making her wince out in pain. He didn't know that she was carrying his child. "Stop it! You're going to hurt us!" She screamed as she placed her hand on her stomach in pain.

"That nigga got you pregnant too?! Oh hell nah!" He said pacing around the living room floor. His mind was everywhere, and it broke Kendra's heart that he would accuse her of having a baby on him, and it hurt even more to see the man that she cared about, beating on her.

"I can't do this shit no more!" He said pulling a gun from his waistline. He aimed it at her.

Rod came running from his room, trying to save his mom's life, but he wasn't fast enough.

pow.

Will let off a shot, instantly making her heart beat stop.

"M-momma." Rod ran to her body, hovering over her, as his mom's blood coated his white t-shirt.

Tears cascaded down his face, as he felt her body go limp beneath him. "Momma, please don't go." He cried as he rocked back and forth, being careful with her head.

"Fuck!" Will said before putting the gun to his own head. He loved Kendra, but the thought of her being with another man drove him insane. He pulled the trigger, and just like that, he laid lifeless beside his lover.

At this point, Rod was shaken up, and didn't know what to do. He had lost his mother and his soon to be brother or sister, all in less than a minute. He was broken to pieces.

Moments later, the police arrived, asking him questions, but nothing would come out of his mouth. He was distraught. He needed his mother more than anything. Where would he end up without her?

The night's horrific memories were forever stuck with him. Til this day, he sometimes still hated himself for not being able to stop what was going on. If he wouldn't have went into his room that night, his mom would still be here with him.

He gripped onto the chain he wore around his neck, which was a birthday gift from his mom before she passed. He never took it off, not to shower, not to sleep.

He missed everything about her, from her smile all the way to the way she would sing along to the songs he once called "boring" on the radio.

"I think I'm gone head home. Hold it down." He looked at his workers before heading out the door.

Back at the crib, Delilah was just getting settled into bed. She missed Rod, even though he was only gone for a couple of hours. She would have to get used to him getting back to work.

She found herself dozing off to sleep, before a pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist. She knew it was Rod just from the scent of his cologne that she loved so much.

"I missed you." She bravely said.

He missed her too, and part of the reason he rushed to get back home, was to just be in her company. She somehow relieved his pain. Just seeing her face made him feel better. He would never forget what happened, but Delilah made it to where he still felt happy, which was something he didn't get from other women.

They both had their fair share of bad experiences, which is probably why they connected the way they did.

"I missed you too." His warm breath sent chills down her spine as she began feeling butterflies in her stomach.

He let out a deep breath, instantly letting Delilah know that something wasn't right.

"Are you ok?" She asked him, turning around to face him.

"Yeah, my mom just been on my mind heavy." Was all he said.

He swallowed the lump that was in his throat, but somehow the tears he had been holding back, found their way out. He didn't care about how he looked right now, honestly. He trusted that Delilah wouldn't look at him differently for showing emotion. He was human, and he had feelings just like anybody else.

She reached up, pulling him into her chest, allowing him to let it all out. Sometimes, all we needed was a good cry to make us feel better.

He tried to regain composure, but this was the hardest it had ever hit him. He had kept up a front for so long that everything was ok, but deep down inside, he was hurting.

Delilah rubbed his back, placing a kiss on his forehead. She closed her eyes as she though back to her mom.

Unlike Rod's mother, her mom was still living. Even though she wasn't a good mom, this moment made her realize it wasn't too late for a change. You never know when someone might be taken away from you.

"Thank you." Rod looked up at Delilah when he'd finally finished breaking down.

"I'm here for you, just like I know you're here for me." She told him. She meant every word. You don't often come across people who are willing to change how they live their life, just for someone else's comfort. That's exactly what Rod was doing. Working less, just so he could make sure Delilah was straight and taken care of.

Just a year ago, if someone would have gotten in the way of his money, he would have been pissed, but Delilah was different, she understood him, and was worth every minute.

He gazed into her brown eyes, placing a kiss on her lips.

Delilah grabbed his face, allowing them to share another one. This time the kiss was filled with emotion, passion and love.

They were falling for each other, and didn't even know it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Hood Love By _creeeee

General Fiction

384K 8.5K 60
First Urban Fiction 😍😍😍 Rock with me as I try this So I'm going to be editing this book now ❀️
298K 14.1K 47
I don't even know what's going to happen in this story, I'm really freestyle writing, but I'm going to try to keep it interesting. Basically Read to...
4.7K 120 17
Just read I promise it's good ! Mature Audience only
159K 9K 26
read and enjoy πŸ–€