πŒπŽππ’π“π„π‘ | KTH ❄️

By -kimtaesan

[COMPLETED] "So I'm not fired?" I stupidly ask. He pinches his chin and hums, his eyebrows furrowing dangerou... More

|PROLOGUE|
|00| しγͺい
|01| 降る
|02| 恋愛中
|03| boys are little shits
|04| first day
|05| i meant pervert!
|06| party
|07| babysitter
|08| bad skater
|09| all hail the princess
|10| barbie
|11| dashi run run run
|12| first date
|13| special delivery
|14| stormy nights
|15| just an innocent sleepover
|16| tipsy
|17| jealous
|18| no peeking
|19| rush
|20| crown of the new girl
|21| daddys little brat
|22| fight
|23| play nice
|24| store theif
|25| jungkook is a hero
|26| beach babe
|27| Mr nice guy
|28| campfire
|29| same girl
|30| 18
|31| special treat
|32| faded
|33| origins
|34| two sides to every story
|35| doubt
|γƒ’γƒ³γ‚Ήγ‚ΏγƒΌγ«ζ°—γ‚’δ»˜γ‘γ‚‹|
|36| emergency call
|37| Li
|38| break up
|39| fancy soccer ball
|40| moonlight
|41| humanitarian
|42| trespasser
|43| how to be rich, by Kim Taehyung
|44| invasion of privacy
|45| gotcha'
|46| brothers
|47| playdate
|48| reconcile
|49| winter wonderland
|50| christmas
|51| mulan
|52| toxic desires
|53| birthday boy
|54| confessions
|55| poisoned
|56| kink
|57| love, not lust
|58| pillow talk
|59| family dinner
|60| a day in the office
|61| sexy secretary
|63| exposed
|64| how could you
|65| two wrongs make a right
|66| art of illusion
|67| fresh start
|68| home, new, home
|69| perfectionists
|70| expensive girl
|71| only warning
|72| to freedom
|73| VIP only
|74| killshot
|75| distraction
|76| climax
|77| inseperable
|78| FINALE
EPILOGUE PT. 1
EPILOGUE PT. 2
| Q&A + EXPLAINED |
⚠️GUESS WHA?!⚠️

|62| blackmail

54.7K 4.8K 7.2K
By -kimtaesan

"T-TEDDY!" I push Taehyung's chest, scrambling to button up my shorts.

Her eyes look as if they could burst from their sockets, her breath hitched and body stiffened at the sight of us together before sprinting away.

"No Teddy wait!" I run out. By the time I reach the hallway she's already gone. I quickly turn around with tense fists.

"Ugh, you idiot!" I push against Taehyung's chest, making his hands raise from the belt he was readjusting. "I told you we'd get caught!"

"What's the big deal? Is us being a thing that bad?"

"The big deal is that Gretchen's in love with you! She's always loved you! So the girls and guys have been working hard to build her confidence enough to confess to you, especially Teddy! I had no choice but to encourage Gretchen to pursue you, and now everyone's going to know what a shitty friend I am! This is going to break her heart, thanks a lot!"

I know it's not his fault... But I'm just so shocked and embarrassed right now. We got caught... Fuck! I have to do something about this.

So without knowing what else to do, I storm out.

—THIRTY MINUTES LATER—

"Teddy? Can I talk to you outside?" I ask quietly with knitting fingers. She proceeds to clean the table and hum.

"La la la la la can't hear, the music is too loud."

"You're not wearing headphones..."

"The music in my head Lilo, the music in my head."

"Please?" I ask again. She shoots me an unpleasant scowl, so different from her usual personality. It hurts to know that I've disappointed her this much. With a deep sigh, she throws the rag onto the table and walks outside.

We plant ourselves on the park bench right outside of the cafe. Every time we sit here together takes me back to my first day of work, although this atmosphere feels much different.

Before I even speak, she folds her arms and looks the other way.

"Teddy, about what you saw—"

"You and Bossman were kissing!!! KISS-INGGG-AH! How could you do that to poor Gretch?!?!?!"

"Shh! Okay, I know that was a really shitty thing to do—"

"Yes, IT WAS! This will break her heart, and mine! All of my hard work for nothing! You ruined my dreams Lilo, I wanted to be a part-time matchmaker, but you screwed everything up!"

"I didn't mean to hurt you or Gretchen. Please don't tell her."

"Ohhhhhh and now you want me to keep your secret? You have a lot of nerve!"

"If we tell her, it will break her heart and she'll crawl back into an isolated shell. I've never seen her this confident when talking to others. I mean, it's not like she and Taehyung would work out anyway. How was I not supposed to support her?"

Teddy's eyes bulge after my words. That's when I realize what had just come out of my mouth. "Wait that's not what I—!"

"You know what you are? A terrible person!" She lifts her butt to storm away but I immediately pull her down.

"Teddy no, I didn't mean it like that! Give what I said some thought because neither of us want her upset. Taehyung and I won't do that again if you don't tell anybody, okay? Please?"

Teddy looks at the ground in thought, ringing her tongue around the inside of her cheek and paddling her feet.

"Fine." She spits angrily. "But for the record, I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing it for my friend." She shoves her arm from my grip and returns to the diner.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ☁️

"I think there's real improvement guys." Gretchen smiles and nods from across the table.

"Did he finally notice Anastasia?" Chrys asks mockingly.

"Yes. Before closing, he asked me to help stack the chairs. It's a start."

"There you go." Winter lifts her eyebrows in agreement. Jungkook then dusts off his hands. "You see? No man can resist the Kookie charm, boy or girl." Winter rolls her eyes and cringes.

Gretchen digs her hands between her thighs and nods. "I think I'll confess tomorrow. It's been over a year, the time feels right now."

"Look at Gretchen, wearing the big girl bra." Jungkook nods approvingly.

"Teddy you're quiet, something up?" Winter asks. Teddy's head shoots up from the floor, scanning all of our faces.

"Huh? Oh um... yeah, I mean no. Congrats Gretch. Proud of ya."

"...Thank you?" She smiles unsurely before standing up. "Well, I best be off."

"Us too." Jimin stands up with Jungkook. We all eventually pack our things and leave, splitting our separate ways when we get outside. Teddy didn't even say goodbye to me.

As I make approach my house, I notice a figure sitting outside on my front porch. My earbud of crashing music becomes undone the more I draw closer, and eyebrow arches before the figures head shoots up and she stands up eagerly.

"Lilo!" Mulan smiles with her hands behind her back.

"Why the hell are you outside of my house? I told you I'm not interested so quit stalking me."

"Oh, I think you'll be interested in this. I've been waiting to show you something." She fishes out her phone.

I tilt my form to scan her clothes from a distance. She shakes her head and surrenders.

"No knife. See?"

I hold a suspicious frown, "...What is it?"

"I have a little video to show you. I think you'll like it." Mulan stands close to me and scrolls through her camera roll favorites, then clicks a video. The screen is pretty dark, all I can see is someone's back at first. Wait... Those clothes...

"Is it because I'm your boss?" *smooch*
"Is it because of Mulan?" *smooch*
"Hmm?" *smooch*

"For once, forget about everyone else Li..."

My eyes protrude from their lids, my throat instantly tightens and goes dry until unconsciously I hold my breath, and head shakes in disbelief. This cannot be real. T-there's no way.

"Tae..."

"You still want me to stop?"

".......No."

"Nostalgic, right?" Mulan smirks, "Kind of leaves you speechless huh?"

I quickly reach for the phone but she retracts it back.

"Nice try. This is staying with me."

"Delete that. Now."

"Why on earth would I do that? It's my favorite video. The way you two kiss... Is nothing like the way he used to kiss me. It's interesting to see what you have that I don't, to see why you're so special. I'm sure your little friends will like this video as much as me, especially the one with glasses. She seems to like Taehyung a lot."

"Don't you dare."

"And who's gonna stop me? I'm doing you a favor for Christ's sake! What is it you don't get?! Why don't you understand that be around this guy long enough and YOU'RE GOING TO END UP DEAD! Open your damn eyes! There's a reason why I'm the only woman that can handle him! You think he came out the Kim empire a saint? With that fucked up dad and even more fucked up business history?? He covers it well, but Taehyung is more damaged than you think, too damaged for you to handle. It takes one little tick to throw him over the edge, and when you find that tick you'll be sorry. If I were you I'd back away while you still can before things get fatal. Whether I decide to show this video to your friends and you're boyfriend will be the least of your worries. Who knows, I might send an email to your dad too. Oh, and in case you think I'm bluffing, I almost stabbed you Lilo. Hitting a send button really is nothing to me. So, do we understand?"

I give her a long sickened scowl. My vision bounces between her face and the phone in her grip. I pair the swallow of saliva in my throat with a slow and shameful nod.

"Good. Take my advice. I'll see you around, slut." She drops the phone into her pocket and pushes her shoulder past my own. It takes every cell in my body not to turn around and punch her eye, but that will only make matters worse.

All of those harsh things she said about Taehyung... I don't believe them. She's sick and twisted, willing to say anything to have him all to herself.

I place a hand on my forehead and release a stressed-filled sigh.

Things are really starting to spiral downhill.

—NEXT DAY—

My palms embrace the hot cup of cocoa that sits on the coffee table. I stare into the brown chocolaty beverage and lick my lips before looking up to meet Winter's gaze.

"Winter... I need advice."

I decided that I needed to talk to somebody about this. Bottling it up hasn't gotten me far, in fact sleeping last night was near impossible. I don't know how I'll be able to show my face at work in an hour if I keep this in any longer.

I love Mina, but I need to hear from someone wise, someone who knows Tae and the girls as well as me, if not, better. Winter was the only person who came to mind. We decided to meet up at the coffee place from last time. I just hope she doesn't judge me too hard.

"What about?"

"Okay so, I know this is going to sound bizarre and INSANELY wrong but—"

"You're messing around with Taehyung?"

My jaw drops and eyes blink rapidly. "H-how did you know?!"

She shrugs, placing her chin in the base of her palm, "I had a feeling you two would grow close since the start. I can read Taehyung better than he thinks. Congrats."

"Not congrats! I've betrayed Gretchen and cheated on Tye! Taehyung doesn't even know I'm still dating him, and I couldn't exactly say to Gretchen 'hey by the way I know I've encouraged you to confess to Taehyung, but we've been lovers this whole time.' You've got to help me. I'm a mess. I'm hurting everyone around me and I don't know what to do."

"Can I ask you something?"

"S-sure."

"Is this just a sexual thing? Or do the two of you genuinely have feelings for each other?"

"Feelings." I answer straight away. "It was always about feelings before anything else. Even though we're not technically, you know, in a relationship... I really want to be there for him. He's been through a lot."

"I know." She looks down at her rubbing thumbs. "Well you seem pretty remorseful, so I believe you. Does anyone else know about this?"

"Teddy might have caught us yesterday."

"Wow, smart move." She sips her hot chocolate.

"Hey, not on purpose! She basically told me I wasn't her real friend, I don't think she wants to talk to me. And to make things worse, Taehyung's ex-girlfriend has a video and threatens to show everyone unless I stay away from Taehyung. Help me Winter."

"Okay listen." She leans her arms on the table, "There are two sides of my brain talking to me right now. One side is saying that telling Gretchen will be liking cleansing yourself. You'll feel better about yourself after, which you don't deserve. If you truly feel guilty about what you did you live it. Looking at her in the eye every day knowing you've betrayed her, it's the best punishment you can give yourself."

I furrow my eyebrows and tilt my head slightly, wondering how Winter can look at things in such a dark, but truthful light. I would have never thought of it like that.

"But..." She breathes out, "The other side is saying you've beared that already, and that you should tell her. Today. No sugar coating, just come out with it and apologize. Don't let this go on any longer. She's your friend and deserves to know from you, not me, not Teddy, not Mulan. You could hide this from her forever, but I'd go with option B if I were you."

I take a deep breath, tightening my lips and looking down into my cooling mug.

"Also, stay away from Taehyung for a while. That way Teddy will see that nothing more is happening between you and Mulan will have no reason to show that clip, nor will Tye find out. None of this is what you want to hear, but it's what's right... Sadly, Gretchen will have to learn the hard way that Taehyung won't return feelings for her. She may be calm, or she may be mad, heck she may even cry. You'll just have to redeem yourself by being a good friend to pick up the pieces after."

I show a light-lipped smile and bring myself to a gradual nod.

"You're right... Thanks for this Winter. I'll come clean today."

"Anytime. Now let's go before we're late for work."

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ ☁️

After I exit the changing room in my uniform, I notice Gretchen entering the cafe, causing Winter and I to look at each other. I then look at Teddy who frowns at me and looks away to unstack more chairs.

Gretchen's hair is pinned into another sleek bun, smoky eyeshadow and some red lip tint decorate her face, nothing dramatic like yesterday though. Her clothes are fairly normal too. The look actually looks gorgeous on her. I guess this is the look she plans to wear when she confesses today.

I look at Winter once more before she spares me a reassuring nod. I Brush my hands down my clothes and lock in a deep breath, stepping forward and tapping her lightly on the shoulder.

"Hey Gretch, c-can I talk to you in the changing room?"

"Sure." She follows me out of the diner. I feel all eyes on us as we exit and enter the changing room. I shut the door behind us.

"Gretch... There's something I've been meaning to tell you. About Taehyung."

"Oh, before you do, I can't thank you guys enough. I'll admit... I wasn't sure about Teddy's advice at first but with the support of you all I think I'm really—"

"I'm seeing him."

Her smile fades and eyebrows furrow, not entirely understanding. "W-what?"

"Taehyung and I are... Romantically involved. I guess you could say."

The look in her eyes is one that's hard to describe. A stirred mixture of disbelief and disgust, her orbs acting as a transparent curtain to the emotions underneath.

"You're joking right?" She forces a nervous laugh, "This is just your Lilo humour..."

My expression softens with pity. "Gretch I swear I never meant to hurt you. I'm deeply sorry."

That when her while expression completely switches. The dark aura radiating off of her feels so thick I could touch it. She looks to the ground and stares at her feet, evaluating the outfit that wraps her body. I feel like I've just watched her fragile heart get stabbed over and over.

She slowly nods before raises her head. A tear spills out from each eye.

"But you did. A lot. You sat there and watched me do ridiculous stuff I would NEVER usually do, but I did them anyway because my friends encouraged me to act this way— Because I thought if I tried hard enough I'd get close to the only man that's ever cared for me. Even if it meant concealing my freckles and wearing clothes that suffocated me, I put all of my trust in you!"

"I—"

"T-to think I was so supportive of you and Tye! Yet you take the one person I fell for behind my back, even though I've known him way longer than you! Then you had the nerve to tell me that I could do it!" Her eyes cloud with so many tears, her arms fall by her sides in defeat and with clenched fists before her voice cracks even more, "...And I really believed you..."

"It's not like that..." I shake my head with wet eyes. "I had no idea you felt this deeply about Taehyung. Believe me, there wasn't a moment I didn't feel horrible about this. I'm so sorry—"

I reach out my hand to hold hers, but she instantly takes a step back and shifts her arm. The quick sensation of her skin grazing mine feels rough and cold.

"For the first time Lilo... I don't care what you have to say. Or what anyone says. I should've known someone like me would never stand a chance with a guy like that. If this is what love is like... I don't want to be a part of it ever again. This right here, this is a heartbreak 100x worse than being rejected. I don't know if I can forgive you yet, I'm sorry..." She unhooks the clip holding her perfect bun and lets her hair fall messily onto her shoulders, then brings her sleeve to her knuckles and wipes the rouge tint from her lips. I stare back at her with tears rivering down my chin.

"I hope this was worth losing a friend that looked up to you and cared about you a lot. Good luck with everything." She collects her things and exits the room without turning back.

I should be explaining myself... But I'm completely speechless. I've never seen Gretchen act or speak that way before. We pushed her so far to become this confident diva... And I ended up being on the receiving end of it. Knowing I've given her a heartbreak worse than the one we were trying to protect her from drills my stomach painfully, forcing more tears out of my eyes.

Mentally, I'm chasing after her and begging for her forgiveness. I'm explaining that my justified actions were not meant to hurt her without excuses. But in reality? In reality I'm just standing here with concrete feet.

My chin tilts to meet the ceiling before I shut my eyes tight, sit on the bench, bring my hands to my face and sob uncontrollably.

I'm so sorry Gretch... I'm so fricking sorry...

She spoke her mind for the first time, and I couldn't bear it. Even though I know I deserved every word.

Ever since Taehyung and I have grown close, there's been nothing but drama and problems. 

When did I become the villain?

"Meow..."

I slowly raise from behind my hands at the black cat in front of me. She sits back-straight with her tail curled over her ears and head tilted. I do nothing but stare at her with thickened breath, tears still bawling from my eyes. It reflects clearly in her huge blue ones.

I envy her. Even though they were total opposites, she lost the only friend that ever played with her. Yet she handles loneliness so much better than me...

"...What do I do, Li?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

505K 18.8K 90
Sneak peak - Taehyung- we shouldn't be doing this ", I protest under my breath. "You didn't answer my question-", he clasped my chin between his fing...
23.8K 773 11
Kim y/n a normal girl from a middle class family, had to deal with a monster... she got married to him , only to know he is nothing but an EMOTIONLE...
362K 12.3K 36
This is a story of a girl who's facing a lot of grief and challenges in her life since she has lost her parent and the people producing all her probl...
232K 9.3K 37
"I have a stomachache here. Doctor please check me," Taehyung said. "Stop doing live drama, Dr. Kim !!" y/n said. "It's hurting ! Ah..!!" " I am not...