A Different Summer (A 5SOS, L...

By --Bri--

Bailey considers herself about middle rank on the social hierarchy. She has no issue with her social status a... More

A different Summer (A 5SOS Fan fiction)
First Day
Chapter 1:)
Chapter 2:)
Chapter 3:)
Chapter 4:)
Chapter 5:)
Chapter 6:)
Chapter 7:)
Chapter 8:)
Chapter 9:)
Chapter 10:)
Chapter 11:)
Chapter 12:)
Chapter 13:)
Chapter 14:)
Chapter 15:)
A/N
Chapter 16:)
Chapter 17:)
Chapter 18:)
Chapter 19:)
Chapter 20 :)
Chapter 21 :)
Chapter 22:)
Chapter 23:)
Chapter 24:)
Chapter 25:)
Chapter 26:)
Chapter 27:)
Chapter 28:)
Chapter 29:)
Chapter 30:)
Chapter 31:)
Chapter 32:)
Chapter 33:)
Chapter 34:)
Chapter 35:)
Chapter 36:)
Chapter 37:)
Chapter 38:)
Chapter 39:)
Chapter 40:)
Chapter 41:)
Chapter 43:)
Chapter 44:)
Chapter 45:)
A/N
Chapter 46:)
Chapter 47:)
Chapter 48:)
Chapter 49:)
Chapter 50:) (What 50 OMFG)
Chapter 51:)
Chapter 52:)
Chapter 53:)
Chapter 54:)
Chapter 55:)
Epilogue
A/N
ITS OFFICIAL

Chapter 42:)

27.3K 610 181
By --Bri--

"I wish that I could wake up with Amnesia, Forget about the stupid little things....." -Amnesia 

BAILEY POV

I blinked my eyes, still staring out of the window. Watching the stretch of sky where the plane carrying the 4 boys had once been. It felt weird to know that they'd gone. I watched the busy crew and planes coming and going, not knowing what to think. I felt my eye brows furrow together in frustration.

"Come on Bai, it's time to go..." Mik said from behind me as she came and gave me hug. Her words registered with my brain and the realisation of how how pathetic I must've looked washed over me.

"Yeah ok." I said, turning away from the glass window to face the small group of girls behind me. I managed a small smile as I began walking back in the direction we'd come. Lizzie and Claudia filled the silence between us, even though I wasn't listening it made it feel as though we weren't to upset. I was walking with my head down, eyes firmly settled on the white, tiled ground. I wasn't crying or devastated. Just quiet, something that wasn't a crime.

"Why did they have to leave." I muttered quietly so only Mik could hear, I rested my head on her shoulder as we walked out of the terminal.

"Because it's an amazing opportunity." She replied, giving me a weak smile. I could see the light sheen of moisture covering her eyes. I could tell we where both holding back tears, saving them for when we where out of the public's prying eye.

The warm summer wind messed up my hair as we walked across the road towards the place where we had arranged to meet Mik's mum. I could practically feel the heat of the bitchamen soaking through the thin rubber soles of my thongs as we walked across the crossing and into the multi level car park.

"So what's happening with you and Calum?" I asked Claudia, turning to walk backwards so I could face her. A small smile tugged at her lips, but her eyes held an emotion I wasn't quite aware of.

"We've decided we're going to just be really good friends." She smiled, looking sideways at Lizzie as if for verification.

Lizzie nodded, then Claudia continued.

"We don't want the pressure of maintaing a long term relationship. We'd rather end it on good terms." She said, as if reciting her response from a book.

"What about you?" She asked nodding her head in my direction, as we stopped and waited for Mik's mum's silver car to roll around the corner.

"Ummmmmm..." I trailed off. Her question made me come to the realisation that I hadn't actually discussed the matter with my main man Lucas. I was fumbling for a response when Mikaela saved the day,

"Mum's here!!" She yelled, cutting me off. I shot her a thankful look which she picked up on instantly. We had this way of communicating without needing to say anything. I was glad she understood. It was convent though that our lift had in fact just pulled into the pick up zone in front of us. It couldn't have been better timed if we'd tried.

END POV

LUKE POV

You see the down side of seating in economy is the amount of leg room. I understand I've complained about this before, but I just don't understand why, in this day and age no one has done anything to fix it. I groaned at the sight before me as I slipped into the row with Ashton and Calum. Michael had decided to take the one aisle seat by himself without even needing to be forced. Did he not like us or something?

"This is going to be fun!! Second time in what, like two months or something?" Ashton groaned as he slipped his back pack under the seat in front of him as the flight attendant had instructed. Like we didn't know already.

"The sarcasm is going strong my friend." I replied as I imitated his movements.

My comment made Ashton chuckle and shake his curly head.

"I don't know how I will survive this flight!!" Calum groaned as he took a sip out of his water bottle.

"I was just so bloody bored last time!!" He complained again.

I nodded in agreement as the dinging and instructional video began to play from the tiny screen in front of me.

I could already tell this was going to be a long flight.

END POV

BAILEY POV

The ride back to Mik's wasn't to long. The general atmosphere in the car was relaxed, most unlike the feeling on the trip to the airport. I made a conscious effort to participate in discussions to the best of my ability. Mik did her best from where she sat in the front seat, leaning around the chair so she could talk to us.

"What are we going to do tonight?" Lizzie asked excitedly as she locked her phone and slipped it into the pocket of her shorts.

"Movie marathon, food, trolling you know, the works." Mikaela giggled. The word trolling resurfaced a memory I had of mucking around with Luke in his back yard with the others. We'd been throwing water balloons and acting like twelvies. That day we'd been the definition of trolling. It was great.

"Sounds amazing!!" I replied as the car came to a halt outside Mik's place. There where no cars in the drive or on the lawn, so I assumed her brothers were absent.

"So, I will be leaving you girls alone tonight, I have a work function. So you will need to cook yourselves."

"That's fine mum!!" Mik smiled as we entered the house, being welcomed by her two over excited dogs, Brie and Tilly.

"Ok so we have left over chicken, lettuce, wraps and everything you need for warm chicken wraps so you should be able to manage that without burning down the house." Rachel grinned as she made her way into the kitchen, opening draws and cupboards to show us where everything was.

"Cool. Got it mum thanks!!" Mik replied as she pushed us up the small flight of stairs to her room.

"Dump your stuff in the corner." Mik instructed as she jumped onto her unmade bed.

"So what you wanna do?!" Claudia asked in a singsong primary student voice, rocking back and forth onto her heels.

"TRUTH OR DARE!!" Lizzie exclaimed as she jumped onto the bed beside Mikaela. Her over enthusiasm making us all laugh.

"Ok, ok calm yo farm." I laughed, taking a seat on the carpeted floor beside Claudia.

"Who's first?" Mikaela asked, slapping the palms of her hands on her knees meaning business.

"Ok." Lizzie said, catching our attention. All of our eyes fixed onto Lizzie as a wicked grin spread across her face, her brown eyes homing a cheeky glint.

"Who still has the halo hovering metaphorically above their head?!"

I burst out laughing at the way she'd worded the question. It was absolutely fantabulous.

"Angel." I replied between fits of laughter.

"Angel." Claudia replied as she shook her head at me.

"Demon." Mikaela whispered, making us all go silent.

"I knew it!!" I gasped jumping up pointing a finger in her direction, "That's why I couldn't find you and Ashton last night you sinful human being!!!" I exclaimed, side tackling her into the mound of cushions at the head of her bed.

"Oi!!!" Mikaela protested angrily.

"Jeeze Mik, you Demon. Go drink some holy water." Lizzie chuckled rolling her eyes.

"Shut up." Mik muttered as her cheeks turned a bright red colour. She tried to cover it up by burying her face in her hands, it didn't really help.

"Well good on you and Ashton, I guess....." I trailed off awkwardly. A silence filled the room as no one asked anymore questions, the question everyone really wanted to know having already been asked.

"Bailey, is Luke a good kisser?" Claudia asked me, he face was so seriously I couldn't help but let out a small laugh.

"Amazing. The best." I blushed as the memories of Luke's soft lips on mine resurfaced. Which didn't really help my trying to forget about the fact that I wouldn't be kissing him again any time soon.

God, It was going to be so long,

I wonder if he realised?

END POV

LUKE POV

Every time I closed my eyes to try and sleep I'd be woken up by the image of Bailey crying. The dream repeated, only getting worse and worse every time, to the point where I refused to sleep. I couldn't handle the emotion. It just felt so real it stung. The feeling cut me deep.

This was going to be a long next few months.

I could feel it,

I just hoped she wouldn't forget about me, I hoped she knew I would always be waiting for her,

Always.

--------------A/N

UMMMMMMM yeah, this is short so hopefully I'll update again soon (as in Saturday) Tell me what you think because you are all amazing and every comment makes me smile like the cheshire cat!!!

big love!!!

BRIXx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 2.9K 33
(Y/N) (L/N) a new student. She got bullied at her last school, because of her voice. Because of the bullying she diceded to stop talking, even if she...
142K 3.2K 44
Juliet is a teenage girl who gets bullied by four douches, but mostly by a guy with the name of Luke Hemmings. They somewhat have a strong hatred for...
7.7K 290 42
Ashleigh Hemmings has faced a lot of things from the passed and the only person to make her smile is her brother Luke. That is until she finally meet...
174K 4.3K 27
When Luke moves, he finds himself becoming close best friends with a girl over the summer, Chloe Carter. But when he starts his new school, he makes...