.Rise And Fall.

By takenbyshawnbut_

Highest ranking: #1 in Rise. #1 in Fall. #1 in... More

.Rise And Fall.
.Rise and Fall. (1)
.Rise and Fall. (2)
.Rise and Fall. (3)
.Rise and Fall. (4)
.Rise and Fall. (5)
.Rise and Fall. (6)
.Rise and Fall. (7)
.Rise and Fall. (8)
.Rise and Fall. (9)
.Rise and Fall. (10)
.Rise and Fall. (11)
.Rise and Fall. (12)
.Rise and Fall. (13)
.Rise and Fall. (14)
.Rise and Fall. (15)
.Rise and Fall. (16)
.Rise and Fall. (17)
.Author's Note And Cast.
.Rise and Fall. (18)
.Rise and Fall. (19)
.Rise and Fall. (20)
.Rise and Fall. (21)
.Rise and Fall. (22)
.Rise and Fall. (23)
.Rise and fall. (24)
.Rise and Fall. (25)
.Rise and Fall. (26)
.Rise and Fall. (27)
.Rise and Fall. (28)
.Rise and Fall. (29)
.Rise and Fall. (30)
.Rise and Fall. (31)
.Rise and Fall. (32)
.Rise and Fall. (33)
.Rise and Fall. (34)
.Rise and Fall. (35)
.Rise and Fall. (36)
.Rise and Fall. (37)
.Rise and Fall. (38)
.Rise and Fall. (39)
.Rise and Fall. (40)
.Rise and Fall. (41)
.Rise and Fall. (42)
.Rise and Fall. (43)
.Rise and Fall. (44)
.Rise and Fall. (45)
.Rise and Fall. (46)
.Rise and Fall. (47)
.Rise and Fall. (48)
.Rise and Fall. (49)
.Rise and Fall. (50)
.Rise and Fall. (51)
.Rise and Fall. (52)
.Rise and Fall. (53)
.Rise and Fall. (54)
.Rise and Fall. (55)
.Rise and Fall. (56)
.Rise and Fall. (57)
.Rise and Fall. (58)
.Rise and Fall. (59)
.Rise and Fall. (60)
.Rise and Fall. (61)
.Rise and Fall. (62)
.Rise and Fall. (63)
.Rise and Fall. (64)
.Rise and Fall. (65)
.Rise and Fall. (66)
.Rise and Fall. (67)
.Rise and Fall. (68)
.Rise and Fall. (69)
.Rise and Fall. (71)
.Rise and Fall. (72)
.Rise and Fall. (73)
.Rise and Fall. (74)
.Rise and Fall. (75)
.Rise and Fall. (76)
.Rise and Fall. (77)
.Rise and Fall. (78)
.Rise and Fall. (79)
.Rise and Fall. (80)
.Bonus Chapter.
.Bonus Chapter.
.Epilogue.

.Rise and Fall. (70)

16.3K 589 41
By takenbyshawnbut_

|Chapter: 70|

"Sal? What are doing here?", was the first thing that came out of my mouth when I saw him standing outside my door with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

"Hello to you too, Ser", he said instead shrugging and I regretted asking. I was only surprised. I opened the door wide enough as I made room for him to come inside.

"Sorry. Please come in." I shook my head. I couldn't believe that he actually came to my house after so many days, I thought he will never do that again. The things between us were not same anymore and I hate it. The way he used to casually walk around my house is changed to now him being careful with his every step he took and it pained me. The guy I've known for the last seven years, spent endless summers with, shared my every single problem, made me laugh even in my bad days has become like nothing but a mere stranger to me. Why did things have to change so much between us?

"I missed the smell of your house", he said smiling to lighten the thick atmosphere that filled the room. I smiled in return.

"Popcorn?", I asked.

He understood our secret code to spent the time binge watching Netflix with popcorn and nodded instantly. That made me really happy because he did remember. I made my way to the kitchen while he put on a series and got everything ready just like the old times.

"Jessica Jones sounds good?", he asked from the living room.

"Cool", I replied. Maybe I can get my bestfriend back, I thought and deep down I wished for all the conflicts between Nick and him to end. Nothing I wanted more than that.

Life don't usually go the way we want instead hit us with hard blows of unexpected things. Not once in my life thought I'd be standing where I am right now and there is no going back from the choices I made. I've fallen hard, so hard for Nick in the way I never imagined even in my wildest dreams.

"I heard the boys are planning something special for your birthday", he said leaning on the doorframe of the kitchen. I was stunned. My birthday? Tomorrow is 12th freaking March? Time surely flies soon and I'll turn eighteen for cake's sake. When I turn to look at Sal waiting for an response, he stood up straight staring at me with a surprised face.

"Don't tell me you forgot your own birthday, Ser?", he asked incredulously like he couldn't believe. In return I smiled at him sheepishly.

"It's not like the world is turning upside down and who wants to remember the day you get old", I said shrugging. Birthdays have never been a big deal to me but to the twins every year. We always go for outing and last year was one of the best one, the trip to amusement park, then at end of the day like every single time we ate dinner at the Pomps and I open the gifts they both give. Simply perfect.

"No one." With that he turn to leave the kitchen so did I as I follow him inside the living room with the bowl of popcorn in my hand.

The only sound that filled the room was of the television and our soft crunches of the popcorn. It wasn't awkward but at the same time it wasn't comfortable too. It was like we had so many things to say but words weren't enough to explain, I could just tell from the way he shifted after every ten seconds.

Just when I thought I couldn't take it anymore he started slowly, "Everything has changed... it's funny how we thought we had life span to spent together and suddenly you realise that not all the things we thought will actually turn out to be true one day. It hardly does Ser..."

It hurt me and what hurt me the most was the way he said it. It was all my fault. I did this to us. "I know an apology is not enough to mend the difference we grew into but I really miss you Sal. I miss us", I said studying my hands to avoid his gaze. He laughed a humourless laugh making me look up at him.

"Right. No apology is enough for what I did", he said to himself.

I was confused. What did he do? It was all me, not him. I should apologise. Then he turned to face me with a new determination dancing in his eyes. "I have to tell you something but before that..." He searched his jacket pocket before pulling out a shiny metal.

"It's a bracelet with a charm 8 for our soon to be eight years of friendship, which also looks like an infinity meaning forever. That's all I could get for your birthday this year", he explained smiling sadly. I was overwhelmed and didn't notice the tears forming in my eyes until it flowed down my cheeks warmly.

"It's beautiful.. and really thoughtful", I said when he placed the cold metal around my wrist. "Thank you Sal", with that I pulled him into a hug. I've missed this, being into his warm embrace brought back so many memories we had together. He held me tight, like he wanted to gather everything for a long time and cherish it. I was afraid to let him go again.

"I have to tell you something..", he started hesitantly after he pulled away and distant himself away from me. He rested his elbows on his laps as he study his hands.

"Go on", I encouraged him with a little smile that I managed to mask up with my fast beating scared heart. I didn't know if it was the air but the room got thicker filled with unwanted tension. He turn to look at with his eyes that showed regret and some unsheded tears. But why?

"You're probably gonna hate me after this but I'll always be there for you when you need me.."

"Hate is a strong word and I will never use it against you", I said squeezing his hand. To which he shook his head like he disagrees with me.

"I...I'm..", he again look away from me. "It was me behind bu..."

We were interrupted by the doorbell and I nearly cursed the person for interfering. Ignoring it I told him to go on but he shook his head again and told me to get it first. I huffed out and stood up before making my way to the door.

I opened only to get crushed in a tight hug.

"I've missed you so much baby girl. Did you miss me too?", he cried out enthusiastically.

I wriggle out of his hold to catch my breath. "Kevin I saw you like five hours ago", I said calculating the time in my mind. Yes, five hours exactly. Then I remember our plan to go out for dinner together.

"I know hun that's long enough", he shrugged before barging inside my house. I closed the door and followed him like its his house not mine. I looked at my house clock and it showed, 8:05 pm.

"Who do you have here?", he asked once he saw Sal on the couch of the living room.

"Oh this is Kevin and this is Sarah's twin...", I started to introduce them.

"...Salvor Adams", Kevin finished with a smirk face. I've never seen him making that face before like a sly fox he watched Sal. Am I missing something? "So what are you two doing?", he asked looking around.

Before he gets any wrong idea I decided to answer. "We were just watching some series."

"Why are you not ready yet?", he asked but never once tearing his gaze away from Salvor. He was staring him down while Sal shifted on his feet uncomfortably rubbing the back of his neck. Poor guy.

"I think I should leave now. See you later Ser and happy birthday in advance I've always been and always be the first one to wish you", with that he quickly hugged me for the last time and ready to leave but not before he shoot a slight glare towards Kevin.

After I heard the front door lock, I turned to face Kevin with my hands on my hips. "What is going on?"

"You should stay away from him", he said in reply, making me frown.

"And why should I do that?" I raised my one brow like challenging him. I know, any reason wouldn't make it upto the point that I have to stay away from my bestfriend. Nothing. Then suddenly one thought crossed my mind because that one person said the same thing. "Is Nick making you do this? I thought we are friends Kevin."

I was disappointed. First Sarah and now, Kevin siding with him.

"Nick has nothing to do with all these... whatever get ready before Mary decides to hire a killer to kill me for being late." He was again being back to his jolly self, the side I enjoy the most. But I was still not satisfied with what he said earlier.

"Sal is a good guy once you get to know him", I said slowly before turning to go to my room.

"Yeah sure", he scoffed.

.

"Baby there's nothing holding me back....", Kevin sang at the top of his lungs in the backseat while Mary rolled her eyes scoffing and I laughed at him. We were heading back to my house after we had dinner at the Dellice which is like an hour from my place. Far, I know but we had been planning for a long time to go there from the moment we heard that they sell the best smokey grilled chicken in the town and I must admit the food was really to the point.

But it is hard to say because a foodie like me found almost every food tasty, it just have to be food expect some green veggies. I was grateful already to have friends who cared so much like Kevin and Mary but the moment we started eating like pigs, I realised we were just meant to be together and felt lucky. Garden salad was a thing I never went for, same goes for them. Kevin even scratched that name from the menu saying, "Who even eat this other than the cows from uncle Joan's farm in Texas?"

The waiter gave us a dirty look before snatching the menu from our table so that we don't destroy all the food name that had green on it. It was fun.

"We need gas. Kev look at the map and search for the nearest gas station from here", Mary said throwing a piece of paper at him. I was looking out of the window and the trees that passed by.

"There is one... but I don't think we should go there", he said shaking his head. I look back at him confused.

"Why?", Mary asked clearly annoyed with him.

"Because it's the gas station where the OZ usually fill their tanks and held meetings. It's dangerous."

Mary parked the car near a sidewalk, took off her seatbelt before turning back fully to face him. She pulled out the map out of his hand and traced it with her finger. "Kev damn it, the next station is like four fucking miles away from here. We cannot make it.. we don't have any other choice rather than going there unless you want to push my car."

He huffed running his hands through his hair. "It's late and not safe Mary. You don't know how far they could go once we become their prey."

I was scared to be all honest. The night was dark and the way Kevin described the OZ, I didn't like one bit of it. How did Nick manage to work for them for years, is still something I could never figure out. But deep down I knew, it matched his dark personality like he belonged with those people. I wonder if we didn't become close the way we are now, would he still be working for OZ, fighting while they put bets on him and dealing drugs? Even the thought scares me to death. I would've believed if someone told me months ago he was doing illegal business and I'd care less but now, with his sweet side I've seen I want to protect it forever and not let him get dragged in that world again.

After a long argument we decided to go with Mary being fully confident that we can get out of there without getting in trouble and I prayed for her positivity to stay true. Kevin wasn't at all happy but he agreed at last. Mary started the engines and pulled out to the station.

It took around three minutes to reach the place and Kevin was right. More than twenty motorcycles were parked together in a line near the store that was open. The only people that roamed around the place were dressed in black attire with leather jackets. Some stood in groups while some were stumbling, probably drunk I could tell from the way they moved or even worst like high on drugs. While Mary drove slowly to the where we need to fill the gas, the guys standing in a group turn their heads to look at us and I tried to sink in my seat from the way they stared through the glass.

One guy with a lip ring and arm filled with tattoos came to Mary's window. She handed him the bill. The guy smirked, "What are you kiddos doing here at this hour?"

Mary was fuming by now and I had a feeling it will get us in trouble if she don't keep her cool. So before she could say anything I answered for her, "We were just p-passing by.."

He turn his gaze to me slightly narrowing his eyes on me. I had a hard time keeping my face like I wasn't intimidated by him. At last he turned and left, I let the breath I was holding back out.

"Well boy that was close", Kevin sighed.

"Crazy fucking mofo", Mary sneered before trailing in a line of curses for the guy. I tuned down her cussing as I look out of the window again. I kept staring at a group as they laugh on something one guy who looked familiar said. Narrowing my eyes, I tried to see his face but they were standing in the dark making it impossible for me to figure out who he was. I heard Mary revving the engine, just then I saw a motorcycle approaching the same group and something in my mind clicked. I know that bike, my heartbeat quickened as the thought crossed my mind but I quickly brushed it off thinking someone else can have the same bike as him. It halted near the group before the owner took off his helmet still mounted on his bike. Then I saw his face, confirming my very own fear. It was him.

Nickel Black.

The other familiar guy standing with the group was no one else but the bestfriend, equally as bad as him Zac Jones. They shared some bro hug before Nick joined them.

I dug to hide from his view as Mary pulled away from the gas station.

"Why do you look like you saw some ghost?", Mary finally noticed my uneasiness. I couldn't shake off the feeling of getting betrayed by him.

"I.. I saw N-Nick there with Zac..", I said slowly.

She pulled the brakes suddenly making me jolt forward. "Wait. Wasn't he staying with his Nana?"

"I thought he stopped working for OZ", Kevin said with a lower tone like he was talking to himself.

"He lied to me", I said trying to stop the tears that were ready to burst out as I play with my fingers on my lap.

"Maybe he just came to you know... I mean to meet his old friends", Kevin tried to handle the situation in a positive way but that doesn't change the fact that he lied to me when I called him an hour ago that he is staying with Nana tonight.

Mary scoffed. "Just call the ass and everything will come out clear."

Even though a part of me was scared but I need to know truly so I decided to call him. With my trembling hands, I dialed his number and brought the phone tightly to my ear.

I felt my heart trying to jump out when it started to ring.

"Rena? Baby you're still awake?", his voice as smooth as velvet like he wasn't with some dangerous looking gang and lying to me about it.

"Y-yes. What are you upto?", I asked with no emotion in my voice. I was surely losing emotions for him.

"I was just about to sleep and I miss you.."

Right there I wanted to slap him right across his face. I felt my blood boiling, I never felt this angry before that I even ignored the pang of pain that hit my heart. This is what he gives me in return for trusting him more than anyone or anything else.

"Rena you there.. I lo..", before he could finish with his sugar coated tongue I hang up, not able to take his lies anymore.

"What?", Mary asked carefully.

I turned to look at her rubbing my tears away. I'm not going to cry for him anymore. The next words left my lips filled with pure venom.

"He is such a lying asshole."

*********
Vote.Comment.Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 53.6K 53
[COMPLETED] Autumn Cross is now in 12th grade at her new school, Willington High, with only one goal in mind: passing the 12th grade and going to a g...
117K 2.8K 29
"Ryan let me out! I hiss and move out the way, while trying to still be quiet. Him and I both know well what would happen in someone caught us in he...
25.5K 426 46
One word. Chaos. That's all Nico Valore had brought to my life since the moment I met him. Despite all the pain and heartache, if you asked me to do...
690K 19.7K 35
"I know that I can fuck up your whole life with one look. But I can't stop myself." ✰ ✰ ✰ Mia Rose...